Forum Settings
Forums
May 27, 2014 2:55 AM

When you get a Joestar on your doorstep.

May 27, 2014 3:06 AM

Love is when you accept a persons flaws rather than entirely overlook their flaws.

May 27, 2014 3:07 AM

traed said:
Love is when you accept a persons flaws rather than entirely overlook their flaws.
So if being unfaithful was a flaw, does that mean you don't love the person if they fuck everyone you know?

May 27, 2014 3:09 AM

Usually when I start acting like a tsundere to them.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]

May 27, 2014 3:13 AM

As a male, love is when you feel like you want to be with your crush, even after you've just masturbated.
Hasn't happened to me yet tho.
"I once heard my upstairs neighbors having sex so i rubbed one out and it was the best ever. But the next day I was leaving for work and there was an ambulance taking away an old dead guy. Turns out it was him dying of a heart attack upstairs."

May 27, 2014 3:15 AM

When I get really stressful and get a boner.

May 27, 2014 3:22 AM

Rigix said:
traed said:
So if being unfaithful was a flaw, does that mean you don't love the person if they fuck everyone you know?
Not quite. Its quite situational to explain. If you knew they were unfaithful in other relationships then you would know what you are getting into thus loving an unfaithful person likely out of not finding it bad personally but knowing its bad. If you did ignore that obvious trait if they were unfaithful to others to begin with then its infatuation, not love. If they do an act of unfaithfulness after without previous unfaithfulness, that is a change of how they know their character and the appearance of a flaw they did not foresee. They could have loved them up to that point but beyond that point once a new trait appears emotions can change. You go from loving someone to not loving them. You can not accept or reject a persons traits when they are ones you do not know of. In these cases a person in love can become a victim of those they loved. This is love as an emotion and action.

Love if it were a form in itself is beyond words to describe.
Modified by traed, May 27, 2014 3:34 AM

May 27, 2014 3:27 AM
when you're ok with someone stomping your dick.

May 27, 2014 4:50 AM

HistorysNo1Loser said:
Usually when I start acting like a tsundere to them.
so ur in love with the mods? :]

Heredity said:
when you're ok with someone stomping your dick.
you could stomp on my dick any day Dity-chan~

May 27, 2014 5:02 AM

SolviteSekai said:
When the last episode starts.

May 27, 2014 5:04 AM
My pulse starts racing only in front of a certain person. It feels like my heart's being crushed, and my face grows hot, and whenever that person is around, I can't even manage to speak right.

May 27, 2014 7:26 AM

If you like talking to him/her a lot and you know that you have familiarized with that certain person. You also feel at ease and that you notice that compared to others, he/she is just so comforting to talk with.

May 27, 2014 7:28 AM

I'll quote a 4chin user

"When it's over." - Anon

May 27, 2014 7:50 AM

You just know. You can't stop thinking about them and you want to be with them forever. You want to protect them and devote yourself to them.

You don't just "get an erection" that's called being a pervert. You have clean thoughts about them.

zoknimano said:
JakeIsAnime said:
You don't just "get an erection" that's called being a pervert. You have clean thoughts about them.
Can I still have sex with them though?

Yes. It wouldn't be a good relationship if there was no sex.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by Vudis, May 30, 2014 10:51 AM

May 30, 2014 1:29 AM

For me, falling in love makes your heart goes *thump thump* but I don't really think that's love because I'd immediately forget about it. :P
#Shinigami Desu!#

May 30, 2014 2:19 AM

When my heart went doki doki ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 30, 2014 3:03 AM

When i respect her by not fapping to her pics

Twitter | Steam | Heartstone battle tag (Moap #1760) Please no copy pasterino cappucino KAPPA

May 30, 2014 3:12 AM

Moaples said:
When i respect her by not fapping to her pics

This, yes.

May 30, 2014 5:01 AM

Kibura_Iburasa said:
Ok a serious explanation many romantics will cry over.

Love is nothing but a chemical addiction like any narcotic. You don't love the person you love the reaction they cause in your brain. Nothing but a pointless time waste and a weakness, a distraction. Its a wonder people get anything done.

No you're just bitter. I know a couple who have been married 65 years, happy as can be.

Anyway OP, I wouldn't know as I've never felt any romantic feelings toward anyone I know before. I've had a crush or two when I was back in school, but nothing more than that.

I'd imagine if you can ever truly say to yourself you'd take a bullet for someone you probably love them.

Also kind of funny how most of the serious answers in the thread are by girls.

May 30, 2014 7:35 AM

Love? Lol. Most people won't really ever know what it means and will marry out of lonely desperation.
Gamer? Otaku?! Feel free to add me!

My collection pics below.

Game Collection

Anime & Manga Collection

May 30, 2014 10:02 AM

You won't have to question it, and you won't want to resist the feelings that well up inside.

May 30, 2014 10:58 AM
You'll just know.

The most painful way to find out you're in love with someone is after they leave your life.

May 30, 2014 12:02 PM

When your heart boner overpowers your other boner and you realise you'd rather cuddle than do *ahem* other stuff, then you're in love.

May 30, 2014 12:03 PM

Lynchlock said:
When your heart boner overpowers your other boner and you realise you'd rather cuddle than do *ahem* other stuff, then you're in love.
Well..

I wouldn't say I'd RATHER cuddle.

I'd probably want to fuck them even more, but cuddling makes a good alternative.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

May 30, 2014 12:07 PM

Korrvo said:
Lynchlock said:
Well..

I wouldn't say I'd RATHER cuddle.

I'd probably want to fuck them even more, but cuddling makes a good alternative.

And that's why we'll never love each other ;~; In retrospect my definition might have been a bit too disney Dx

May 30, 2014 12:15 PM

I don't make a habit of this sort of thing.

For me, being in love resulted in a sort of general clumsiness/incompetence/stupidity around my person of interest. Being lost for words, forgetting what I was supposed to be doing, stuttering, blushing, etc. Sometimes I couldn't even carry on a rational conversation.

In my defense though it was my first and only time really being in love, I fell pretty hard and it didn't work out.

End of story.

May 30, 2014 12:31 PM

Lynchlock said:

And that's why we'll never love each other ;~; In retrospect my definition might have been a bit too disney Dx
That's okay

☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

May 30, 2014 12:35 PM

Korrvo said:
Lynchlock said:

That's okay

>.>

ontopic, when you sign onto MAL and the first order of business is to creep their profiles and comments just to see what they've been up too over the previous 24hrs - that's love right? . . not that I've ever done that . .

May 30, 2014 12:43 PM

I get extremely clingy and annoying, naturally pushing them away.

;_;

May 30, 2014 12:45 PM

xEmptiness said:

Science and rationality do not justify nihilism, in fact it says nothing about nihilism. If at the end of the day you decide life has no meaning and no meaning to existence can ever be found, then that's your choice to make. Accept that ultimately you are free to make any choice, and you made this one, hence you must take responsibility for yourself. This choice was not forced on you by reason, it is yours alone, in an empty world.

I see what you are trying to say, that meaning is all personal opinion assigned by the individual and science does not support the idea of a void of meaning and choice in our universe. Of course there is also the deeper meaning of it all.

I will not say the universe has no meaning, that life's functions have no meaning. What I will say is that certain things do have purpose and meaning as a means of driving humans to certain points. Imagination for example, its purpose could be ascertained as been a needed component in human technological and social evolution. Love would be an extension of human passion. A component in creative thinking and pushing them beyond certain limits for these ideals. A scientist would be pushed further to create a cure for a disease if their loved ones were afflicted as an example.

What im still saying is there is a very real and explainable reason for love and it is not some human philosophy it is simple chemistry, the human body obviously has a purpose for this but it doesn't give it some greater meaning. Love, for passion for the protection of offspring and the family unit. This is how nature works, not out of touchy feely things but cold hard logic and reason. Your theory still plays into the idea that love is a chemically induced state of which the reason is procreation and protection of a family that is its meaning, anything beyond that is simply the human mind giving it more meaning or value than it actually has. Its not Nihilism to see things for that they are, not what you want them to be.

I will admit thought my original message was off, love serves a purpose therefor is not meaningless under certain situations. I never wish for offspring or to be married, therefor my requirement for love is none existent. Therefor its draw is also nonexistent. If this was the meaning assignment you described then indeed it is accurate and still all explained by rational argument and scientific value. If you accept the rational world, devoid of humans need to make things more than they are then the only rational outcome is correct. If seeing the truth is a choice then it is a correct one, if lying to ones self makes life more bearable it doesn't make it true. This choice is the only one to make in the face of reason, call that forced upon or not it does not matter.

As for the meaning of all life and existence, it is still pointless. In short you can lie to yourself about the meaning of life is something humans give themselves all you wish. It won't make it true, just because you say something has value doesn't give it any. Same as you can call a red pen blue, it will never not be blue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jiDa5KJ1ww
I simply refuse to lie to myself to make me feel better about my existence.

Lime_ said:

ontopic, when you sign onto MAL and the first order of business is to creep their profiles and comments just to see what they've been up too over the previous 24hrs - that's love right? . . not that I've ever done that . .

Of course you don't.
Modified by Spooks, May 30, 2014 12:55 PM

May 30, 2014 1:40 PM

Then don't lie to yourself, just absolve to give life a different meaning; there may not be any real "purpose" in the end buuut

My whole "goal" on and in life is simpe: "to be happy"

I'm going to live some odd 80 years or whatever and then turn into dirt in the ground, the end result of my life? Maybe I'll pass of my genes, leave a rememberence of shit-posting on MAL, but is any of that really important? Not in the grand scheme of things. . . so why bother caring about that?

Instead I'll live to be happy, not for some god, not for enlightenment, not to please others - but to just enjoy my life

--

So what I'm trying to say, is QUIT DELETING MY FLIRTY POSTS MELLOJELLOUS, UR DESTROYING MY LIFES GOALS <3

May 30, 2014 1:48 PM
Lime_ said:
Then don't lie to yourself, just absolve to give life a different meaning; there may not be any real "purpose" in the end buuut

My whole "goal" on and in life is simpe: "to be happy"

I'm going to live some odd 80 years or whatever and then turn into dirt in the ground, the end result of my life? Maybe I'll pass of my genes, leave a rememberence of shit-posting on MAL, but is any of that really important? Not in the grand scheme of things. . . so why bother caring about that?

Instead I'll live to be happy, not for some god, not for enlightenment, not to please others - but to just enjoy my life

*sniff* that was beautiful. Well said.

May 30, 2014 1:54 PM
your hips gyrate uncontrollably.

May 30, 2014 2:04 PM

Go watch a shojou romance, they teach you how to tell if your in love. First the dumb main girl starts blushing and feeling uneasy around the guy while her hearts pounding and she has no idea what this sensation is. She then suffers from these symptoms until she can no longer be within range of the guy. She still has no idea whats wrong and starts avoiding the guy. He realises this and comes to her rescue and they live happily ever after...

May 30, 2014 2:18 PM

You feel like you're gonna die.
Love kills.

i'll see you in hell

May 30, 2014 2:23 PM

May 30, 2014 2:57 PM

Korrvo said:
Lynchlock said:

That's okay

They say confidence is sexy.

May 30, 2014 6:18 PM

SolBlade said:
What is love?

Baby don't hurt me

May 30, 2014 6:21 PM

No idea.
I can't separate love from sexual attraction, is the same thing for me.
If I don't like the body there isn't any chance to be in love.

May 30, 2014 7:17 PM

Nestik said:
SolBlade said:
What is love?

Baby don't hurt me
No more!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]