Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2014 4:10 AM

Jul 2013
I was laughing and crying together, while seeing Onoda and Tadokoro sing the Hime song. Maybe I should try doing that too in an empty road

Midousuji's attitude is so intimidating... I want to learn more about his past
May 27, 2014 4:39 AM

Jan 2011
Onoda and Takokoro singing just pushed this up a point for me.

Fuck that brace face guy, he seems like a real suck up to Midousuji.
May 27, 2014 8:56 AM

Mar 2012
Hime hime is the best. Daisuki hime.
May 27, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2011
The Power of Hiime !!!!!!!
May 28, 2014 7:39 AM

Jun 2010
Omygod. I almost died laughing. That was freakin hilarious. HIME HIME HIME!
May 28, 2014 9:00 AM

Sep 2013
great episode
Tadokoro's singing is priceless I hadn't laughed so much in a while
Imaizumi is under pressure, good thing kinjou was there
I hope Onoda and Tadokoro catch up soon

May 28, 2014 11:41 AM
Dec 2010
So, singing an anime song can help you from collapsing? Oh well, I guess when you are embarrassed by what you are singing, driving as fast as you can so no one will actually hear you sing is probably the most enticing option.

And Midosouji's brace-faced small fry already p!sses me off big time. Sure Midosouji is creepy, but at least he has the excuse of having snake genes in his DNA (at least I suspect that), but Braceface is just an arrogant kiss-a$$. Damn shame they are riding in the same direction, a nice head-on collision between those two would be very interesting scenario.
May 28, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Can drafting really help that much?
Doesn't feel realistic.
May 28, 2014 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
RediceRyan said:
Can drafting really help that much?
Doesn't feel realistic.

Drafting does help a lot, you can conserve 30% of your energy by sitting in the pack compared to the ones who actually pull the pack. But when you ride uphill, the advantage you get from drafting is much smaller. It still helps, but not this much. Of course, you can get a mental boost because of it too, which is always nice. But with Tadokoro's problems and weight, what we saw this episode just isn't possible - the pace Onoda is maintaining and changing a lot is way too high.

But this series has abandoned logic and any sense of realism a long time ago. Up to the point that nothing feels realistic to me anymore. Explanations (aside from a few facts in the beginning) that are given don't make sense, just as the riding style of some riders (I'm thinking about Makishima and Midousuji), to the execution of the races itself. I could write a very, very long rant about it to be honest.

I have to say, this is one of my favourite episodes in quite a while. It actually made me forget about the major gripes I have with this anime because it was so funny. But obviously, I prefer real cycling by far.
May 29, 2014 6:40 AM

Mar 2013
Tadokoro's singing voice wasn't bad. Love their duet XD

Hope to hear the whole group singing Hime song someday :D
May 29, 2014 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
I've been watching the Love Hime part since the episode came out. Will it ever stop being funny? :d
May 29, 2014 7:14 PM
May 2014
I'm so happy to know that Yowamushipedaru is loved by people of overseas.
This weeks episode is one of my favorite and I was wondering if anybody noticed that if you read the every first letter of the of the lyrics it will be...

YOkuarukotokamo ~
WAtashino kimochi ~
MUridatte iwaretemo ~
SInnjitai konohaato ~
Peeji mekuru ~
DAkishimeru munenihimeta ~
RUutogaidoni nottenai ~

HAjimenoippoha itumo ~
KOinomahou ha otomeno ~
GAkkouha itudatte ~
KUmanaku dokidoki ~

SObani zutto ~
Unnto tanoshimitai ~
HOra tewonobasu ~
KUrai yorumo ~

I hope you understand what I want to say.
and forgive my poor english.
May 29, 2014 7:35 PM

Jul 2010
^ Wow, that's brilliant. I didn't notice it.
May 30, 2014 6:28 AM

Feb 2011
The power of Hime is unbelievable.
May 30, 2014 8:34 AM
Mar 2008
I agree with everyone else this episode was SO funny! I was laughing through the entire song. Tadoroko voice during the song was PERFECT. :D
May 30, 2014 11:26 AM
Mar 2008
Willow_Tree said:
You know, I'm usually okay with the whole 'willpower can beat reality!' theme that sports animes indulge in, but this one just strikes me as reckless. People suffering from heat exhaustion already typically over-estimate what they can safely do without adding an expectation that they can 'work through it' to the matter.

The moral of this episode seems to be "Ignore the warning signs that you or your friends are on your way to brain damage or death. After all, a slight advantage in a high school tournament is more important!"

I mean, I don't think kids go out and try everything that the see in an anime, but hyper- and hypothermia kill enough people already without convincing kids it's not a big deal after all.

There is some truth in this, but again it's an anime/manga so it really only BORROWS from real life and doesn't have to follow this same kind of physical rules which allows for Tadoroko to get over his fatigue with will power alone!

I went to some comic creator panel and they made the point of saying that what makes a great comic is that everything inside a comic's universe should seeem"real". For example, a hero character is flying around town - obviously that's not possible, but in the comic universe the hero is apart of it's believable. Now that's an obvious thing for fantasy or sci-fi settings, but not such much for stories based in real present times.

I guess I'm just trying to say - him getting over his fatigue makes sense in Yowapeda-verse and shouldn't be applied to real life. ;)
May 30, 2014 11:34 AM

Nov 2011
It's not willpower, guys. It's Hime-power. You'd understand if you're a Love Hime fan.
kobuta said:
I'm so happy to know that Yowamushipedaru is loved by people of overseas.
This weeks episode is one of my favorite and I was wondering if anybody noticed that if you read the every first letter of the of the lyrics it will be...

YOkuarukotokamo ~
WAtashino kimochi ~
MUridatte iwaretemo ~
SInnjitai konohaato ~
Peeji mekuru ~
DAkishimeru munenihimeta ~
RUutogaidoni nottenai ~

HAjimenoippoha itumo ~
KOinomahou ha otomeno ~
GAkkouha itudatte ~
KUmanaku dokidoki ~

SObani zutto ~
Unnto tanoshimitai ~
HOra tewonobasu ~
KUrai yorumo ~

I hope you understand what I want to say.
and forgive my poor english.

Definitely didn't notice. That's hilarious, like the rest of this episode.
May 31, 2014 4:23 AM
Dec 2012
I started this series three days ago and now I'm finally caught up. Woooooh uwu

Anyways, he power of Love Hime is too OP.
I hope they catch up to the rest of the team soon! >_<
May 31, 2014 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
Hime Hime♪ XD LOL that was seriously hilarious
Daisuki ............ The teams are like O_O
LOL .............. re singing the OP of an anime was like xD
In the end : HIME !!!!!!!!!
5/5

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jun 1, 2014 12:12 PM
Jan 2009
It might be a common occurance,
But it’s important to girls.
Are my feelings reaching you?
Are they not?
Even if they say it’s impossible,
And I’m still small
My heart that wants to believe is real!
Turning the page of today’s story.
The power hidden in the chest I hold!
Let’s go to a new world that’s not on the route map!
Metamorphose!
Princess! Princess! Princess!
I love, love, love you!
Princess!
Twinkle, twinkle!
As long as I have you and all my friends, I’m invincible!
Princess! Princess! Princess!
I love, love, love you!
Twinkle, twinkle!
Even with a spell to make you bigger… you’re still my princess!
You are who you are!
Jun 2, 2014 10:09 AM

May 2014
Aww the singing was priceless <3
Aoyagi was adorable in the end, lol. "Tuna mayo, tuna mayo, tuna mayo"

Now I'm all caught up and have to wait for the next episode :(
Jun 3, 2014 3:47 AM

May 2010
Haha that was beast
Jun 3, 2014 5:57 PM
Aug 2011
This is the best kind of teamwork i've ever seen.
Jun 6, 2014 5:07 AM
Nov 2012
Ah, once again YowaPeda didn't disappoint me, I'm glad it's getting a second season :)
Jun 10, 2014 2:56 AM

Apr 2010
Now we have to wait for the rest of the team to start singing the hime song while riding an entire marathon! IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!!!
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Jul 17, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
>Tadoroko singing Hime Hime
I feel like I've witnessed a historical anime moment. A moment where will power and tenacity become second to anisong and otaku culture in the act of transcending oneself.

If that shift in paradigm in not unexpected considering the recent trends in anime -- and the symptomatic protagonist of Weakling Pedal -- it still raises question about the ideology delivered in the program. True in the past the "will can overcome any obstacle" message, while idealisticly pleasing, could be perceived as a stereotype and in consequence as a form of moral pandering. Having the stance transfer to a more economy oriented pandering creates an ethical problem, which is ultimately irrelevant since both hinge on the viewers' range of expectations.

What is important here I think is the additional dimension of fun provided by the subversion of the usual moral stereotype. For if the take Yowapeda proposes on sport shounen mentality can be perceived as bland and/or forced in a lot of ways, the more sublte ways in which fun interrupts (for example in the end skits) the sports dialectic set it apart from the more heavy comedy frequent in the genre (repetition/ecchi gags). So definitely an innovative strong point of Yowamushi Pedal, and it should be appreciated as such.
EratiKJul 17, 2014 3:40 PM
Jul 20, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2012
best fucking duet ever

haven't laugh this hard in a while...

The thing about this anime is that it's semi-unpredictable and they make every encounter/duel seems like it's the last episode + a brief character development

could use some more tits and ass though but I'm enjoying this a shit ton already
Sep 18, 2014 11:29 AM
Aug 2011
I loved this episode , the Onoda singing is so great lol !
Oct 21, 2014 2:59 AM

Jun 2011
That was freaking hilarious omfg XD
I enjoyed this episode a little bit too much XDDDD
the power or Hime is unbelievable.
Oct 21, 2014 9:22 AM

Mar 2008
Kurogashi said:
alright. if this wasnt an anime, that wouldve been the stupidest move onoda can possibly make and possibly get himself kicked off the team for not realizing the dire situation they're in and thinking he can win with plot hacks. does he not realize he's jeopardizing the whole team? and what if todokoro was fatally injured? onoda would do more harm by encouraging him to push himself which could mean permanent damage.

but no of course todokoro overcame his pain via plot hacks, kinjou their mighty captain is a prophet, and onoda is naive enough to think you win tournaments through friendship. geez what a cringe worthy episode.

Willow_Tree said:
You know, I'm usually okay with the whole 'willpower can beat reality!' theme that sports animes indulge in, but this one just strikes me as reckless. People suffering from heat exhaustion already typically over-estimate what they can safely do without adding an expectation that they can 'work through it' to the matter.

The moral of this episode seems to be "Ignore the warning signs that you or your friends are on your way to brain damage or death. After all, a slight advantage in a high school tournament is more important!"

I mean, I don't think kids go out and try everything that the see in an anime, but hyper- and hypothermia kill enough people already without convincing kids it's not a big deal after all.

+1 to both of y'all
i couldn't have put it better myself

when i read the manga earlier this year, i literally struggled to get through this part because of how stupid onoda actually comes across here (and oh so self-righteous /BARF) prioritizing his logic over his team.

honestly, what i would pay to get onoda to shut up for once
Jan 2, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
Cutest duet ever, Todokoro's blush was adorable imo

Has anyone brought this up yet

on my way to steal yo girl
Jan 12, 2015 2:57 AM

Jun 2011
EPIC, it's because of these kind of epic shits that I could just look through the stupid shits like Naruko/Onoda trying to bring the team down by waiting for Tadokoro.

At this point I really just want Midousuji to fuck off, I don't give 2 shits about him.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 25, 2015 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
Barion-Zara said:
FRIGGIN HILARIOUS XD

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time hahahaha XD Tadokoro's reaction to Onoda asking him if he can sing Hime with him was priceless XD

Tadokoro's voice while singing Hime was friggin HILARIOUS ROFL XDXDXDXD I died!
And how he reacted to it not just being "Hime" but a whole song was gold LOLOLOL

Tadokoro is witnessing first hand what Onoda did the day before when he passed 100 riders by himself XD And he's so HYPED XD Asking himself "WTH is Hime?!?!" XD

The end was interesting. I wonder how Kinjou will react to what happened there. Midousuji's plan is going along quite well for now but he has no idea what Onoda has in store for him XD And I'm sure that when they reach the straight Tadokoro will be full power drafting Onoda :D Can't wait! HYPED >.<

This.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Feb 11, 2015 7:51 AM

Jul 2011
The Hime part was pretty funny, but this episode was even more stupid than usual. I swear, if I wasn't already 33 episodes in I would've dropped it now. Souhoku's plot armor is ridiculous.
Apr 11, 2015 8:47 PM

Feb 2015
currycurry said:
Princess Power > Logic
I need the lyrics to that song. Hime is allpowerful.
May 14, 2015 4:59 AM

Nov 2014
Hime can do all the magic XD
Sep 20, 2015 6:42 PM
Dec 2009
Onoda proving he's a really important member of the team in this episode~
Hime duet was epic! Poor guy who got passed had no idea what hit him!
Sep 25, 2015 9:34 PM

Jun 2009
Lmfao, Tadokoro.

That omake, though. Honestly, the omakes are probably better than the actual episodes.
Jul 14, 2016 7:23 AM

Dec 2008
OMG, I couldn't stop laughing at this episode!
Seeing them pass their opponents while singing HIME HIME at the top of their lungs was amazing! :D
Aug 28, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2016
Probably the greatest episode so far .
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Apr 3, 2017 5:15 PM

Jan 2015
I HIGHLY recommend

This episode was beyond amazing especially the catching up part!!! I even rewatched that part. Huge props to Onoda for not leaving his teammate and wanting to pull him. I can see Makishima's reasoning for wanting to abandon him, Like he said: he is a realistic person not a dreamer, he knows that Todokoro catching up is a dream and he is not a dreamer, but he couldn't resist not letting Onoda help him after seeing his eyes like he said.
Midosouji is such a taunter, it's like he wants Imaizumi to make a mistake by provoking him somewhat,still can't get over the fact that he calls his team Small fries >_> i mean dude they are the ones who will help you win you know give them some respect...

2 teams caught up, all who's left is Sohoku now. Hope Imaizumi can deal with Midosouji somehow ._.
Jun 27, 2017 2:22 PM

Dec 2012
HIME HIME HIME HIME! DAISUKI

Dec 25, 2018 11:36 PM

Mar 2012
Laughing ?

I'm the only one who find Onoda creepy as fuck ??
Jun 12, 2019 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing Tadoroko sing an anime opening is one of the highlights of this anime. I still question Onoda's decision to stay behind for Tadoroko and probably won't like how they'll eventually pass 100+ people despite the latter's condition, though. Midousuji is a huge enigma but he still planned for his entire team, what a swell guy. Wonder what's up with mini-Midousuji.
Sep 18, 2019 5:47 PM

Sep 2018
How Tadokoro know the lyrics of Hime song?? lol
Mar 3, 2021 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
Tadokoro awakened to the power of Hime xD

And Midousuji face always popping out of nowhere. Gross!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
Omg Tadokoro singing Love hime song with Onoda whahaha absolutely hilarious
Even if he is weakened, with the power of anime on his side everything will be daijoubu!

Nov 25, 2022 11:15 AM

Oct 2015
Always loved Tadokoro singing "Hime" with Onoda. Third time watching this and still hilarious lmao! XD

Also I really love how the 2nd years can communicate without words lol! I swear Teshima has telepathy power with how he can understand Aoyagi like that! (≧▽≦)
   HuaLian <3
Jan 7, 2023 5:17 PM
Dec 2022
Hime Hime!
That song can do a lot!
I'm so happy Onoda didn't give up on Tadokoro. But again, that guy Akira keeps bothering me. A lot.
Oct 3, 2023 2:20 AM
Jan 2017
I liked how Onoda helps Tadokoro by pulling him, all while singing his favorite anime opening song. X3 It's absurd, but I'm sure there are weirder concepts for cyclists to use when riding. Still enjoying watching this series. ^^
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.