3It was OK
24.0%
2Disliked it
8.0%
1Hated it
4.0%
Average 3.8
25 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2014 5:20 AM

Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
dem feels of nostalgia. ohgodyes

Quite a nice summary and memorial to the old series. Tears of time were shed
May 26, 2014 6:49 AM

Jan 2008
Although I hate recaps with a passion, this was a pretty good. Made me want to rewatch some old series.
May 26, 2014 11:50 AM
Mar 2012
I really enjoyed this not only for the recap, but also to see how the visual quality of Gundam changed over the years.
May 28, 2014 5:39 PM
Oct 2010
Would have been better if they redid the scenes. 08th MS team had a really nice short with the BD, was hoping it would have been like that.
Jun 2, 2014 7:48 PM
Aug 2011
Best recap ever because Amuro's dad never hit Amuro.
Amuro's dad never slapped him twice that's for sure.

Thank you for not letting us forget.
Jun 14, 2014 7:52 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome recap! Loved it, the nostalgia~
Actually teared up during the scene where all of them got in their Gundam's :'D
Aug 12, 2014 11:38 PM

Jan 2010
I loved it for what it was. I knew it was recap but I especially loved Hiroyuki Sawano's music with old Gundam footage.
Aug 29, 2014 5:10 AM
Jul 2008
I have yet to watch any of the U.C timeline Gundam series, but want to start up Gundam Unicorn. As a way to be somewhat knowledgeable of jargon such as: newtypes, etc., should I watch this prior to starting Unicorn? Or would it spoil things for the series? Essentially would I benefit more or less?
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Sep 2, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
Amagai said:
I have yet to watch any of the U.C timeline Gundam series, but want to start up Gundam Unicorn. As a way to be somewhat knowledgeable of jargon such as: newtypes, etc., should I watch this prior to starting Unicorn? Or would it spoil things for the series? Essentially would I benefit more or less?

The only spoilers I saw was up to episode 2. I'd say watch but I'd recommend to watch at least 0079/original to know what the One Year War was. You'd feel more nostalgic when watching the recap.
Sep 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Feb 2014
punkster90 said:

The only spoilers I saw was up to episode 2.

I watched it yesterday and the spoilers were up to episode 6. You see all the major deaths and the main event of ep6. I am not trying to flame you but that was a terrible advice. The first half would be confusing to anyone who hasn't seen previous series or Unicorn's beginning, like Texhnolyze's ep1 level of confusing.

It's definitely an extra for people who watched everything (and it kind of defeats the whole purpose of that recap since you don't need all the information in that case)
Oct 31, 2014 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
I was hoping this recap would show
-timeline of the series
-why the fighting began
-all the MCs of the previous shows choosing to fight ie first eps jumping into the cockpits
-who bright noa is and his importance to the series
-what are newtypes
-what are cyber newtypes and more specifically what/who is ple ple
-what is pycommu and showcase the psycommu at work ie amuro vs char and lala, kamille vs scirocco, judau vs haman, and amuro pushing back axis with psycommu.

And for the most part it did cover most of that except it felt really rushed. I think it would have been better if this was an hour long special.

frogtaku said:
It's definitely an extra for people who watched everything (and it kind of defeats the whole purpose of that recap since you don't need all the information in that case)
Oh definitely. Anyone who hasnt watched the originals will most likely be confused.
Mar 1, 2015 10:56 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah, I never thought I'll say this but the recap was too short; it is 150-ish episodes of materials after all. Could definitely do with it being an hour long.
Jun 5, 2015 12:41 AM

Apr 2007
I keep seeing people use the word recap, but really it was more like an homage to the franchise, not a recap. It did not try to tell you what happened during each series like a recap would.
Blergh.
Aug 21, 2015 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing :)

This is more a summary what has happened to the events that's leading to Unicorn. It didn't exactly gave you all the details per se. Just the main ones like the birth of new types, creation of artificial new types as well as possibility changing the earth through selected individuals.

Having started watching the first UC era work, Gundam 079 last Summer of 2014. And one year has passed, watching every UC work and even the side stories and being here in Unicorn.

Definitely worth all the effort! Haven't watched the movie trilogy summary versions, but we'll watch them maybe 10 years from now.

One thing i loved about the summary is they did show Judau and the events of ZZ Gundam to Char's Counterattack. Even Plu 12 is born from that event. So for those naysayers out there that keep bitching about Gundam ZZ should be removed in the timeline, go screw yourselves.

The ending scene is pretty much a prologue to Episode 7. I don't know why they had to make a separate episode for this, but fine with me.

Onto the last episode of Unicorn. Let's see how this all ends :)
Dec 6, 2016 12:49 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting special, with images recopilatory and a beautiful speech about the evolution of the poltic in the earth, taken how base various series of gundam!!!

6/10.
Mar 6, 2018 1:02 PM

May 2015
This was a nice summary of some if not the most important moments that happened in the Universal Century...
Oct 21, 2023 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
the recap was good except for the unicorny parts, that shit was garbage
Apr 16, 12:16 PM

May 2015
Nice recap as far as recaps go. Got me hyped to revisit original Gundam all over again, and even ZZ parts looked cool and thematic. Probably should have watched Unicorn first though, but I hope it wasn't spoiled too much.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.