Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 26, 2014 12:37 AM
Nov 2013
ive watched fate/staynight it was preety good for the most part but i started watching fate/zero and everybody says its WAY better than stay night i watched 4 episodes and its not really that interesting does it get better or does it stay like this for the rest of the show?
May 26, 2014 12:39 AM

Mar 2008
That's most of the show.

You are one in a hundred thousand.
May 26, 2014 12:41 AM
Nov 2013
Ckan said:
That's most of the show.

You are one in a hundred thousand.

hmm i guess ill drop it then too bad it has such a high rating on MAL too like a 8.8 while fate/staynight has like 7.7 or something
May 26, 2014 12:42 AM

Mar 2012
Fate zero starts off slow, but starts to kick off towards episode 12~

Fate Stay Night is more romance, Fate Zero is more about the war.
May 26, 2014 12:51 AM
Nov 2013
Smooched said:

Fate Stay Night is more romance

thats probably it for me mainly
May 26, 2014 1:10 AM

Nov 2012
Well if anything, it might be worth watching for Rider/Waver. When stuff does happen, it's one of the most exciting shows you could watch. Otherwise it tends to be just talking. Interesting dialogue mind you, but still talking nonetheless.
May 26, 2014 1:11 AM

Jun 2009
Miraclezify said:
Well if anything, it might be worth watching for Rider/Waver. When stuff does happen, it's one of the most exciting shows you could watch. Otherwise it tends to be just talking. Interesting dialogue mind you, but still talking nonetheless.

It's like you are saying "talking" is a bad thing or something.

The upcoming anime could be "better" if it's done well. I personally prefer the Fate/stay VN over Zero.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisMay 26, 2014 8:07 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 26, 2014 1:13 AM

Jan 2010
dustinrocks11 said:
ive watched fate/staynight it was preety good for the most part but i started watching fate/zero and everybody says its WAY better than stay night i watched 4 episodes and its not really that interesting does it get better or does it stay like this for the rest of the show?

Depends on what you mean by "interesting." By the way your sounding, you're looking for things in Fate/zero that just aren't there. It's not a problem though, since everyone watches stuff for different reasons. If you're not into the dialogue, then you can stick around for the fights and the characters' egos ramming into each other in later parts of the show. All with movie-quality animation mind you. Otherwise, there's no point in forcing yourself to plow through this show if you're expectations aren't being met. It's fine to move on to other stuff.
May 26, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2011
insan3Spectre said:
ReaperCreeper said:
OP is crazy thinking F/SN is better than F/Z.

The upcoming anime could be "better" if it's done well. I personally prefer the Fate/stay VN over Zero.

Yeah but I mean the Deen anime specifically.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisMay 26, 2014 8:08 AM
May 26, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2012
insan3Spectre said:
Miraclezify said:

It's actually one of the worst things an anime can do to be perfectly honest. I'm not going to go into why, because people seem to love their talking in their shows even if it is objectively bad story telling. Luckily what Fate/Zero talks about tends to be pretty interesting. Though that wasn't the point of my post; it was basically to inform the man that if he's to keep watching, just be wary of the talking.
May 26, 2014 1:24 AM
Nov 2013
Miraclezify said:
insan3Spectre said:
Miraclezify said:

It's actually one of the worst things an anime can do to be perfectly honest. I'm not going to go into why, because people seem to love their talking in their shows even if it is objectively bad story telling. Luckily what Fate/Zero talks about tends to be pretty interesting. Though that wasn't the point of my post; it was basically to inform the man that if he's to keep watching, just be wary of the talking.

thanks for the.... warning?
May 26, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2009
you are in the minority that says Fate/Stay Night by Deen is more better than Fate/Zero
May 26, 2014 2:16 AM

Sep 2011
Thread Moved and Cleaned

No need to compare SAO, SNK and the works to this show. He's asking if Fate/Zero gets better; don't bring other shows into this.
TyrelMay 26, 2014 2:33 AM
May 26, 2014 3:30 AM

Nov 2013
dustinrocks11 said:

Fate/Zero doesn't have romance. So no, it doesn't get better. <- My answer if you're one of the people that prefer Stay Night because of ShirouXSaber.

Otherwise, Fate/Zero is superior to Stay Night 2006 anime from minute 1 (and gets even better later on), if you didn't think that then don't bother watching the rest.

Tyrel said:
No need to compare SAO, SNK and the works to this show. He's asking if Fate/Zero gets better; don't bring other shows into this.

Aw man I missed the fun part :|
May 26, 2014 5:42 AM

Jul 2007

Botato said:

Fate/Zero doesn't have romance. So no, it doesn't get better. <- My answer if you're one of the people that prefer Stay Night because of ShirouXSaber.

I'll never understand those people.

Just because a shitty failed adaptation over-focused on them, does not mean that that's the front and center of FSN(its not, considering FSN is three equal and equally canon pairings) or the whole franchise. The three routes are less about relationship and more about the character himself anyway.

You could remove love declarations nad romance stuff and nothing would change in FSN plotline. It changes nothing in the dynamics of Shirou/Saber(since romance is minor part of it and their worldviews the major part of it), it changes nothing in dynamics of Shirou/Rin(since its still clash of pragmatism and idealism) and it changes nothing in Sakura/Shirou, since the whole nymphomaniac thing anyway.

Its not like Shirou defeated main villains with power of love, lol. Romance is a part of characterization, but not the focus anyway. Its no different from Kerry/Irisviel.

So claiming ONE of THREE canon pairings being the front and center of it is outright incomprehensible to me.

DEENFSN's Shirou/Saber was Twilight level of writing anyway.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisMay 26, 2014 8:09 AM
May 26, 2014 8:10 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
No spamming or baiting the OP.
May 26, 2014 8:24 AM

Jul 2013

Err, anyway, reading the visual novel will solve all of your problems. Fate/Zero is more connected to the Fate/stay night VN more than anything else, since the Studio Deen adaptation barely covers a third of the whole VN, and rather badly at that. Both F/Z and the F/SN VN both have a similarly dark tone (especially in Sakura's route; Heaven's Feel) in contrast to the light-hearted romantic comedy that Deen made.

I'd even say that the VN is on the same level of F/Z. You should give it a go.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
May 26, 2014 9:36 AM

Jul 2007
JabonHR said:

Err, anyway, reading the visual novel will solve all of your problems. Fate/Zero is more connected to the Fate/stay night VN more than anything else, since the Studio Deen adaptation barely covers a third of the whole VN, and rather badly at that. Both F/Z and the F/SN VN both have a similarly dark tone (especially in Sakura's route; Heaven's Feel) in contrast to the light-hearted romantic comedy that Deen made.

I'd even say that the VN is on the same level of F/Z. You should give it a go.

To be honest, UBW has far more in common with F/0 because it deals with the reconciling ideal with reality - the major point of narrative in Kerry's character in F/0

HF might have lots of grimderp but it does not make it more nor less like F/0.

Otherwise agreed.
May 27, 2014 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
Smooched said:

>CGI dragon and dolphins
>Must be romance
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 27, 2014 1:48 AM

Jul 2007
BloodRequiem said:
Smooched said:

>CGI dragon and dolphins
>Must be romance

No no no.

Replacing 99% of Shirou's actually interesting dialogue with "SABER!" is what must mean Romance.

dat writing quality.
Apr 25, 2015 6:44 PM
Apr 2015
Smooched said:

you know it not getting going until episode 12 isn't a point in its favor right?

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.