Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2014 3:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a bit odd. Yuzu found herself in a bit of trouble while Shingo now harbors a grudge for his loss. I'm not sure what to think of that weird guy with the mask though. I like his style but I find his playing antics to be a bit odd. His deck is quite something though.
May 25, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2011
It was nice to see the old summoning methods used! (Unlike the past 2 gens where the old ones either only have veeery little appearance or none at all)
Will there be a Fusion-type Yuuya and Synchro-type Yuuya too? Or maybe also Ritual-type Yuuya later? XD
So far so good, ARC V, keep it up!
May 25, 2014 9:05 PM

Dec 2013
ARC V it's good series, uff...

Some of old summoning is back and because it, my score going higher now.
First time on this series I'll wait for next episode, good!
It's still hope for YGO series. :D
May 25, 2014 10:35 PM
Jun 2011
so from what we seen near the end of the episode it seems the the dark rebellion user somehow connected to yuzu since it looks like he got into her bracelet
May 26, 2014 6:45 AM

Mar 2013
Oh goodie so now Yuzu is some useless character that cant fight for her self at all?

i hope this isnt the case.
May 26, 2014 7:36 AM
Jul 2010
This episode saved it for me. I was going to drop it because of Yuuya and the other child characters but Mobius cards, XYZ summon, and uh parallel Yuuya I guess? saved it for me. but mostly parallel looking Yuya and XYZ.

Also "XYZ summoning is a course only the top level elite students at LDS choose to take"

um weren't the characters in Yugioh ZEXAL xyz summoning like it was childs play lol so why would only top elite students choose to xyz summon only.

At the end when they showed blue haired yuuya and regular yuuya it kinda made me realize I just can't take regular Yuuya seriously. Hoping for more of the other guy
May 26, 2014 8:05 AM

Feb 2013
Now this is starting to get interesting. Furthermore we got XYZ summon. Now I really hope that Synchro summon is introduced in the next episode.

Don't understand why it is high level though... Putting two cards with the same level on top of each other is not that hard...

So far so good. It makes me forget the horror of ZeXal.
The new Yuya looked quite cool.
May 26, 2014 9:47 AM
Sep 2012
The plot thickens. Okay some theories on who the mask dude is.

1) Yuya's twin brother.

2) Yuya has a split personality, and the Yuya we know is half of a person who split in half.

3) Yuya from a alternative universe or dimention.

I am going with 3 if anything.

You suppose Shingo will become a good guy in the next arc or two arcs from now. I hope so, I kind of like him, he is a funny jerk rival. And like the way he played off of Yuzu in this episode. Not that I ship them or anything.
May 26, 2014 9:57 AM

May 2009
blfan said:
The plot thickens. Okay some theories on who the mask dude is.

1) Yuya's twin brother.

2) Yuya has a split personality, and the Yuya we know is half of a person who split in half.

3) Yuya from a alternative universe or dimention.

I am going with 3 if anything.

You suppose Shingo will become a good guy in the next arc or two arcs from now. I hope so, I kind of like him, he is a funny jerk rival. And like the way he played off of Yuzu in this episode. Not that I ship them or anything.

I like the third option too. Yuzu's bracelet has something to do with the guy. Finally they're adding some mysterious element to the story, and now the story will begin to unfold. Some plot will happen. I was thinking the duelist could be from the future, but we'll see what happens in the next episode.
May 26, 2014 10:02 AM

May 2013
Shingo changes his deck to a frost monarch deck. Awesome that we got to see and XYZ summon in ARC-V. I have my hopes up that we will also see synchro summoning as well.
May 26, 2014 10:03 AM

Apr 2007
Finally something interesting. I hope this isn't anything related to time travel like 5d's though. This has the same director, but he should at least try a different kind of story.

facade63 said:
Oh goodie so now Yuzu is some useless character that cant fight for her self at all?

i hope this isnt the case.
This so much. I want another awesome chick like Rio from Zexal :<
May 26, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2009
babymilo91 said:
Shingo changes his deck to a frost monarch deck. Awesome that we got to see and XYZ summon in ARC-V. I have my hopes up that we will also see synchro summoning as well.

its probably not frost monarchs, but monarchs as a whole. It's just convenient to use Mobius because of the fact that Mobius would be the effective one to destroy pendulum scale monsters.

If the show trends on how all of the recent booster packs go. The entire show would be about boosting some old and new archetypes, as well as introducing new ones along with the Pendulum mechanic kind of wedged in.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
May 26, 2014 10:51 AM
May 2014
with all the hype on the parallel yuuya and the rebellion dragon, did anyone noticed that the yuuya looking guy is asking about academia?? (yugioh gx duel academia) and i cant shake off the feeling that this series have a connection to the movie bonds beyond time.
May 26, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2011
Sawatari is the new Manjoune XDDD

Dark Yuuya became this because of Yuzu's death ???!!! OMG

He wil protect Yuzu from danger. I want to see Yuuya vs his Dark Alter self !!!!

Syncrho Summon is next to be shown !!!!

What if someone had a deck combo of Fusion, Synchro and XYZ Monsters. Is this possible?
May 26, 2014 1:14 PM
Jan 2012
Watching this I just realised how big 5ds make with the whole chant in summon thing.

Also just to speculate, im gonna say the theme of this series is gonna be the different kinds of monsters and each will have a representative dragon, each wielded by a different 'yuya'.

I mean we already have a 'Pendulum ' and 'Xyz' dragon, I saying this because I have never seen any monster with the card type name in them.
May 26, 2014 1:37 PM

Feb 2014
Hmm, This Ego guy is funny dancing like MJ.
I really like how they brought back xyz summon though its broken though I still dont understand pendulum summon.
Yuuya in general is too much like Yuma from Zexal I dont really see a difference between them.
Also I do hope they blue haired dude is is his twin brother or a alter ego from D.D.
May 26, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2012
First Fusion, now Xyz. As long as they bring back Synchro and Ritual summons and use these different summons on differenct occasions, this season is already an improvement on the previous one.
May 26, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2009
LastIllusion said:
Hmm, This Ego guy is funny dancing like MJ.
I really like how they brought back xyz summon though its broken though I still dont understand pendulum summon.
Yuuya in general is too much like Yuma from Zexal I dont really see a difference between them.
Also I do hope they blue haired dude is is his twin brother or a alter ego from D.D.

TL;DR on pendulum summons.

1. Pendulum monsters are cards colored both as half a monster(either effect or vanilla) and half spell(green)
2. You can play pendulum cards as if they were normal monsters with their respective normal effects
3. When played as a spell, they are considered a face up continuous spell
4. As a spell, they have a special effect separate than their normal monster effect(usually) e.g Chronomancy negates a trap during battle phase once per turn
5. Pendulum monsters have a scale, monsters you can special summon MUST be leveled in-between the scale e.g with a left scale of 1 and a right scale of 8, you can special summon as many level 2 to level 7 monsters from either your hand or face-up pendulum monsters face up in your extra deck once per turn. So once you declare you are going to pendulum summon, you cannot pendulum summon again that turn.
6. Pendulum monsters that are destroyed are instead sent face up to the top of the extra deck instead of being sent to the graveyard
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
May 26, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2010
Arc V, you now have my full attention seeing as this show consists of some time traveling.

I do hope some other summons appear in this show, seeing as this one consisted of XYZ.

May 26, 2014 6:17 PM

Jun 2013
Who the hell was that? Future Yuuya? Is this 5D's?
May 26, 2014 6:29 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, Alternate Yuuya was badass! =D SO glad they're using different types of summoning methods, makes the duels FAR more interesting! My guess is that this Yuuya is from the future, a pretty 'bad' future as well, judging by how the other Yuuya was a lot more serious than the current Yuuya. It's like when Judai got a lot more serious after some shit happened to him, that's the kinda vibe i'm getting from the new Yuuya. Although, Yuzu has some weird bracelet as well...hrmm..i don't know what to make of that XD

Tbh, i like this series more than ZeXal already, even if it only has 7 episodes....
May 26, 2014 7:21 PM
Apr 2013
I thought they would make the female character in a Yu-gi-oh show useful but nope, her moment of glory is taken by some dumb spell in the graveyard Yuuya.
May 26, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
RagingMan said:

I was thinking the same thing! :o
My signature is lame...
May 26, 2014 10:18 PM
Jun 2011
we already seen yuzu can fight alone without help in episode 2 i think this mysterious guy will just stay in her breslecet but no more then that for now and for me even if she will lose she will be more useful then kotori
May 28, 2014 9:24 AM
May 2014
RagingMan said:

maybe it was a Yuuya from a pendulum dimension
May 31, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
That guy was smooth as fucking butter.

*Glance at Yuzu.*

*DOKI*
Jun 1, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2012
I'm hoping this guy is Yuuya's clone rather than a long lost twin or future Yuuya. They experimented with cloning in the 5ds video game, and it was done very well, so hopefully they can pull it off for this series.
AnimeFan500 said:
Yea I thought so too.
AnimeFan500 said:
What if someone had a deck combo of Fusion, Synchro and XYZ Monsters. Is this possible?
They would probably play shadolls. 5 fusion, 5 synchro, 5 xyz and potentially 5 ritual :)
Jun 3, 2014 11:12 PM

Jul 2009
dragonlight said:
I'm hoping this guy is Yuuya's clone rather than a long lost twin or future Yuuya. They experimented with cloning in the 5ds video game, and it was done very well, so hopefully they can pull it off for this series.
AnimeFan500 said:
Yea I thought so too.
AnimeFan500 said:
They would probably play shadolls. 5 fusion, 5 synchro, 5 xyz and potentially 5 ritual :)

alternatively Psychics(synchros with fusion form of boss monsters, with a few teched XYZ) and the dinky ritual throw in if you really wanted to.
Jun 4, 2014 7:06 AM
May 2014
Wish Yuzu got to due and beat that guy herselfl but the new mysterious character who wants to protect Yuzu while looking like an older Yuuya is interesting.
Jun 6, 2014 4:09 AM

Mar 2010
This episode kept me from dropping this show completely. I guess I'll watch few more episodes to decide whether it stays in my "dropped" list or gets moved back to "watching"

Normal Yuuya's deck is pissing me off though. It's as if Red would have a pokemon team consisting of Vanillish, Garbodor, Klink, Scraggy, Mr. Mime and Haxorus
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Oct 2, 2014 5:04 AM

Dec 2011
This sure is good so far and already introduce 3 type of summoning so far....leave ritual and synchro now
Oct 5, 2014 3:17 AM

Jul 2010
We've XYZ, Fusion and Pendulum Summon. Now, Ritual Summon!
Is that person Yuuya's dark side, future self or twin? Things are getting interesting.
Jan 18, 2015 1:03 AM

Aug 2014
Must say im liking this series so far. It's paying homage to the previous summoning methods and seems to have a good plot developing.
Feb 11, 2015 8:41 PM
Jun 2013
I really like it when they duel without the Action Duels. I love the card game. I just wanna see some good duels. Not the extra stuff.
Jun 10, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2012
Awww yes, I love the duel so bad. Xyz Yuya badass.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 5, 2018 7:32 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
The other version of Yuya , WHAT A BADASS !!!

5 CARDS FACE DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Never thought I'd see that in an YGO anime, and WHAT AN EPIC WIN LOL, dem Phantom Knights lol
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 9, 2018 1:18 AM

Dec 2017
The episode is very beautiful, I wish to know quickly who is like Yuya
Sep 10, 2018 5:48 AM

May 2016
Allen-Walker11 said:
The episode is very beautiful, I wish to know quickly who is like Yuya

Spoiler Alert!!!

Yuya Sakaki is Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure!

''Expcted Dio Brando, but it was I Yuya Sakaki''
Sep 10, 2018 3:01 PM

Dec 2017
Helios92 said:
Spoiler Alert!!!

Yuya Sakaki is Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure!
Expcted Dio Brando, but it was I Yuya Sakak

umm I mean the one who looks like Yuya from Which appeared
in the ُEpisode and I do not mean to get out of this Anime or similar
Oct 30, 2021 7:27 PM

Aug 2019
LilyWeiss said:
We've XYZ, Fusion and Pendulum Summon. Now, Ritual Summon!

What are you referring to? Neither Shingo nor the mysterious duelist Ritual Summoned anything here; the former used a Mobius deck, and the larter used an Xyz deck focusing on the Phantom Knights archetype.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

37 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.