Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2014 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
Okay so I read the last chapter just now and I'm somewhat confused...So Usui went to Britain while Misaki was in Japan...for 10 years...!? How were they apart for 10 years and then suddenly get married??? And on the last page there was a picture of their wedding...but it looked like it took place 10 years ago? Which one was the real wedding...

I'm sorry for so many questions, I'm confused..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2014 5:20 AM
May 2014
Usui went to Britain to study medicine whereas Misaki stayed in japan to study law. The wedding was ten years later because they both were studying for their professions (the courses take a long long time, i think 5-6 years). The picture on the last page is there only to stir up the emotions of long time readers. they didn't just suddenly get married, it was just time shifted to the day of the wedding.
Jul 25, 2015 7:01 PM
Jun 2014
With all those advances she got during the series, and the way she reacted to them, i find it pretty weird that she didn't end up with someone else in the end. She seemed to always answer other peoples feelings much easier than Usui's. Other people almost had her by default and Usui always arrived in the nick of time to win her back before things would appear to go wrong. That was the worst aspect of the manga.
Sep 12, 2019 1:30 AM
Jun 2019
I'm so confused too, not about the last picture, that is clearly just a picture to represent the main charachters and the happy ending to greet the reader. But about how is unrealistic that misaki and Usui stayed apart 10 years without see each other. I think that the author could have done a better job including something like 5 to 10 page to explain better the timeskip. It's incredible weird that a couple ends in marriage after being togheter something near 2 years and than without seing each other for 10 years. The author could have write that they saw each other at last 2-3 weeks per year or that after the University they sometimes spent a lot of time togheter. It's too unrealistic this timeskip and i couldn't completely enjoy the end because of that. I'm here hoping that someone will tell me that i didn't understand and that even if is not sayed they spent some time togheter in these 10 years.
Oct 30, 2019 12:17 PM
Jun 2010
beloving said:
Okay so I read the last chapter just now and I'm somewhat confused...So Usui went to Britain while Misaki was in Japan...for 10 years...!? How were they apart for 10 years and then suddenly get married??? And on the last page there was a picture of their wedding...but it looked like it took place 10 years ago? Which one was the real wedding...

They weren't apart for that long. IT's implied they were seeing each other during that time. 10years later is just their wedding.
Oct 31, 2019 10:03 PM

Apr 2014
SithLord said:
beloving said:

They weren't apart for that long. IT's implied they were seeing each other during that time. 10years later is just their wedding.

haha oh boy you sure dug up an ancient relic. almost like i just traveled back in time. the answer is appreciated either way loool
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2019 4:37 AM

May 2019
Stormen said:
With all those advances she got during the series, and the way she reacted to them, i find it pretty weird that she didn't end up with someone else in the end. She seemed to always answer other peoples feelings much easier than Usui's. Other people almost had her by default and Usui always arrived in the nick of time to win her back before things would appear to go wrong. That was the worst aspect of the manga.

Weird? Huh, I constantly had the feelings that Misaki and Usui will end up together somehow and sometime regardless those advances from others, to me she never gave off the impression of accepting those advances or confessions. I kinda like the whole process from her being pissed by his teasing at the beginning to, well, the manga's final.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 32 Discussion

shadowraze - May 2, 2009

44 by shaadow82 »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 85 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2013

81 by James_xeno »»
Jul 5, 2023 7:59 PM

» ending was so sudden

cool_as_mf - Jun 21, 2023

2 by cool_as_mf »»
Jun 22, 2023 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 48 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2010

21 by YasashiiTimes »»
May 14, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 21 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Dec 11, 2008

9 by FakeSpicyApple »»
May 4, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.