Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2009 2:28 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Godly episode. Greatest to me so far. Not just the fan service panties but the battle scenes and comedy were terrific.
porkypinkSep 24, 2009 9:33 PM
[right]

Sep 25, 2009 9:27 AM

Apr 2008
Freakin EPIC episode. Also HOLY **** and vinnegar. KUCHINASHI HAS SPOKEN
Sep 25, 2009 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
^Agreed with both of you. Awesome ep. Eve finally fixed up. Kuchinashi spoke [!]. Much blood and violence XD
Sep 25, 2009 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
Also had to love Gido's stalling tactic. BEST METHOD EVER XDDDDDDDDDDDD
Sep 27, 2009 4:58 PM

Feb 2009
Awesome episode again. Damn, this show started out quite mediocre and now it's pretty exciting every week.

Gido fighting almost naked was hilarious. I also loved that face Setsuna made when Eve ran carelessly next to her.

I must admit this is starting to turn a bit Dragon Ballish, with a desperate situation every week that the heroes overcome the next week, but I actually like it that way.

Oh and most importantly: KUCHINASHI SPOKE!
AlexstratzSep 27, 2009 5:01 PM
Sep 27, 2009 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
OMG BEEEEESSSTTT EEEEPIISSOOOODDDEEEE EEEEVAAAAAAAAAR!!! *deep breath*

That was just EPIC! Is it me or the graphics got revamped? Not sure coz I cleaned my monitor yesterday.
But I'm sure there were more glowing blood and pantie total camera angles.

plus THE GODDESS HAS SPOKEN!
Sep 27, 2009 6:09 PM

Jan 2009
ep 13 Define's Epic
Epic fanservice
Epic gore
Epic noes bleed
Epic Funnyz
ZOMG KUCHINASHI HAS SPOKEN !!!
Did I say Epic Fan Service ???

I rate this ep OVER NINE @#$%^&* Thousand !!!

I NEED MORE NEEDLESS
GodsDragonSep 27, 2009 6:23 PM
Sep 27, 2009 7:13 PM

Dec 2008
I lol'd near the end. TERUYAMA MOMIJI, BACK IN ACT- *falls* xD
Sep 27, 2009 7:26 PM

Jan 2009
Right from the start the episode started off great and ended epic. And lol to the chicks dead body being throw around like rag doll i mean Jesus R.I.P. anyone?
Sep 27, 2009 7:37 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was Epic

KUCHINASHI JUST SPOKE! <----Seriously made my day

Also lawlz at Eve sticking her fingers in Teruyama nose.
Sep 27, 2009 7:44 PM

Apr 2009
I was seriously starting to think that they weren't gonna get out of that situation, but Blade is just too intense and manly to die this early. And Dr. Willy finally did something! And lol at how they were manhandling and throwing that corpse around the whole ep. Not much respect for the dead in Needless it would seem.

Sep 27, 2009 8:17 PM

Jul 2008
ok I have to admit this was an epic ep Setsuna getting pwned by Blade was probably the best part of the episode lately she's become annoying to me I hope she dies.

Sep 27, 2009 11:09 PM
Nov 2008
That was amazing. Gawd, it was. XD

Setsuna had the best nosebleed ever.
Sep 28, 2009 12:17 AM

Sep 2008
ok this anime was already epic, but this one episode was FREACKING AWSOME!!
so blade can remember past moves after all?
eve is just unstoppable now
we saw eve naked, disc 2
lolz at teruyama who was knoked down after 2.5 secs after e waked up
setsuna´s noseleed
and probaly the most important, kushinashi spoke...still cant belive it
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 28, 2009 12:26 AM

Sep 2007
Yes...
This episode is over nine thousand. :o
Sep 28, 2009 1:14 AM

Apr 2008
lmao .. everybody say she spoke in harmony xD

Sep 28, 2009 1:45 AM

Dec 2008
this show has gotten better by the week! i actually really liked this episode..it took me by surprise how awesome it was.
Sep 28, 2009 2:04 AM

May 2009
Though I didn't expect them to revive Blade that soon, the part where Eve healed all her (near-)dead comrades was what I expected, knowing Eve's healing powers.

Good call from Blade to have her eradicate the virus itself rather than have her become his own puppet.

Disc was right: Gido's stalling method was ingenious..

Would've loved it if Saten (who doesn't seem to like an unfair fight, given as he pretty much gave the underdogs a chance to retaliate) killed Setsuna, but then again, she wouldn't have that awesome fight with Blade, who finally wised up a bit and actually used his Fragment the way he should.

But the Crowning Moment of Awesome goes to Kuchinashi speaking (while, ironically enough, still using her notebook).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2009 4:44 AM

Sep 2008
INB4 EPICCCC!!!! oh wait...too late.

Mind blowing episode full of non-stop extreme awesomeness to the max. You think the awesomeness ends, but then no, it goes on, then on, then on and on. Totally awesome episode. 5/5 easily.

The animators really let themselves go this episode. The animation was amazing, all completely fluid during the battles for the entire episode.
5layerSep 28, 2009 4:55 AM
Sep 28, 2009 5:57 AM

Sep 2009
episode was really good

i was so glad to see Blade back in action

:D

lot of panty shots xD

and really good animation :)

can't wait for next episode :D

and also really glad that Eve is Back :)

Sep 28, 2009 7:52 AM
Dec 2007
The level of animation and of direction was purely fantastic in this episode. It felt much more like that of an experimental movie or OVA than that of a weekly episode. It was extremely impressive. Developments were epic too, the music was perfect and the comedy parts were really nice. Next ep will reveal Cruz's powers seeing the preview. How much cooler can it get?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 28, 2009 8:22 AM

Oct 2007
@Kvakond: I recommend you to make that ult atk "Release Temptation" as your avatar.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 28, 2009 8:29 AM

May 2008
bloody and pantsu-ness episode utterly make this episode win plus the animation this time somewhat are better than before :3
Sep 28, 2009 8:29 AM
Feb 2009
O.o godly episode from the first moment till the end.

give us few more episodes like this i will give this anime a perfect 10.

now here comes the nagging ;p
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 28, 2009 9:28 AM

Jul 2009
This Episode Was Just Full Of Epicness......I Reacted The Same Exact Time As The Characters When Kuchinashi Spoke I Was O Sh*T SHE JUST SPOKE LOL
Sep 28, 2009 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
It was a good episode

I found it a little jarring Setsuna of all people couldn't finish the three weakest members before Blade came back.

Where the hell was Dean Drive: Foxhound for the first 18 minutes?
Sep 28, 2009 12:29 PM

May 2009
RadicalGoodSpeed said:
It was a good episode

I found it a little jarring Setsuna of all people couldn't finish the three weakest members before Blade came back.

Where the hell was Dean Drive: Foxhound for the first 18 minutes?

Typical enemy behavior: take out all the strongest players and the weak ones will form no threat to you. However, the weaklings will ALWAYS find a way to get out of a tight squeeze, by which time stopping them is impossible, no matter how much you beat them up.

Heaven forbid them actually killing them for a change. But, good guys always win, no?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2009 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
I loved Setsuna's expressions in this episode~ She looked down right PO'd when Eve passed by her to save Seto and the two others.

( Also, I enjoyed her pantsu shots~ I love blue/white stripped panties >w> )

Can't wait for the next episode! <3
Sep 28, 2009 5:11 PM

Jul 2007
SETSUNA RAGE, Blade's Graviton, and Kuchinashi's ultimate surprise made this an excellent episode.

Already 13 eps in and no signs of slowing down. What a fantastic series.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Sep 28, 2009 6:32 PM

Jun 2008
Did they just change over half the staff or something?
The animation and the art style just had a complete revamp, it fits the series much, much better than before.
I hope they can keep this up for the rest of the series.
Sep 28, 2009 10:43 PM

Jan 2009
Important episodes suck all the budget; thankfully in this case, as this one was the sucker.

Good episode, Saten is obviously playing for himself and finally acting up on it, Blade actually uses his powers instead of taking punches, and the PGS gets theirs asses kicked (actually Setsuna is the only really annoying one, but they all deserve it at this point for taking so much time to defeat). Only bad part is they are still fighting in the Shelter and no way they are leaving it soon; how many is it now, 6 episodes out of 13?

What is Saten's power anyway? We have only seen one technique in episode 1, but the girls were crapping themselves about it.
Sep 28, 2009 11:38 PM

Dec 2007
Kuchinashi spoke! :o Disc was right about Gido's stalling method was ingenious as it was so hilarious. Naked Eve is so hot, and Blade haven't changed a bit at all.
Sep 29, 2009 8:51 AM

May 2008
lol she spoke haha

She pwned the whole group with 1 attack ahaha , just wondering why is Setsuna and Mio able to take the attack?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 29, 2009 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
OMG!!!!!! It was like night and day between last ep and this one!!!
It was so artisitic with the blood falling like cherry blossoms and OMG pantsu pantsu pantsu!!!!
I can't type enough !!! for this ep. My G-d, I can barely handle it as is.
EDIT: This episode was TOO BEAST!! I am rewatching it now because everything else fails in comparison. Nothing can be watched after this episode!!
kyonthehandbuttSep 29, 2009 10:24 AM
Sep 29, 2009 3:38 PM

May 2008
I LOVE Saten...oh my god..characters like that grab my full attention. He's fucking creepy, madly intimidating..and just...fuck yes.

And lol@Massive slow mo' nose bleed? xD

I know Eve's using that energy drink to her advantage..but if it was me, I'd be scared shitless knowing I had something inside out of my stomach x___X Besides that, she needs to get some new fucking clothes. God dammit. She's twice as bad as Yoko from TTGL.

As soon as Teruyama got up, he went right back down. Such a shame.

This anime has one of the biggest pantie flash fetish's I've ever seen.

And once again..Cruz does absolutely nothing :/ Someone kill him. Well, not really..but make him so SOMETHING..and not just on the last fucking episode =__=

Sep 29, 2009 4:26 PM

Jul 2008
Sure the anime may not always make sense
but this is what i like bout it
GodsDragon said:
ep 13 Define's Epic
Epic fanservice
Epic gore
Epic noes bleed
Epic Funnyz
ZOMG KUCHINASHI HAS SPOKEN !!!
Did I say Epic Fan Service ???

I rate this ep OVER NINE @#$%^&* Thousand !!!

I NEED MORE NEEDLESS

lolz XD
CHANGE THE POLL! CHANGE THE POLL!
nahz jk >_<
Sep 29, 2009 5:31 PM

Feb 2009
Surprise to see such anime as so many episodes. Each episodes are unique in their own way but I have no idea where all these is going.
Holy shit professor!
I wonder can it be Saten is a traitor?
Jeez that it some camera view.
How long will that fight last? When I thought it was the end of the pretty girl squad the pull out something like that.
Sep 29, 2009 7:27 PM

Sep 2009
AO968 said:
Typical enemy behavior: take out all the strongest players and the weak ones will form no threat to you. However, the weaklings will ALWAYS find a way to get out of a tight squeeze, by which time stopping them is impossible, no matter how much you beat them up.

Heaven forbid them actually killing them for a change. But, good guys always win, no?

Well, you're partly right here. We know that the good guys always win, especially in shounen anime. But the important thing here is how it was done in this episode.

First, I'd like to describe myself as somewhat of a hater of many shounen manga and anime (though I tend to be good at sticking with shows that I don't end up liking). I often don't often like the direction large portions of the stories in this genre take. This doesn't mean I dislike the whole shounen formula. I think it's awesome when done right (see Gurren Lagann).

Needless always seemed a little different to me, since it seemed to be the kind of show that knew that it should follow the basics of the genre and not become overly repetitive.

But for the past couple of episodes, it seemed like it was heading for more repetitive stuff, and even the fanservice seemed to have mostly disappeared (always a good reason to stick with a show that isn't good otherwise. The ending sequence alone probably gets this show some extra fans).

But this episode was so incredibly, fucking brilliant in its execution. What really makes shounen stories awesome is the suspense of seeing the characters overcome almost impossible obstacles. It was a brilliant choice to make the episode begin with only the 3 weakest characters still around having to fight against a horde of needless.

And the entire direction and animation of the first half of the episode just left me speechless.

Osaka117 said:
I was seriously starting to think that they weren't gonna get out of that situation.

As Osaka says here, it did really almost seem like they couldn't get out of it. We all know good guys triumph here, but I really couldn't see how they would be able to do it. The whole part with Saten coming out of nowhere and throwing Kurumi and Cruz back made go WTF!!! the moment it happened.

And then the whole awesomeness of the second half was a continuation of the awesomeness of the first half. In fact, I'd like to go on the record as saying that I'm a regular watcher of the holy trinity of Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece, and I don't think I ever saw one episode of such magnified quality in those shows. I don't often see it, but this episode was basically a shounen anime clinic, and I know I'll be sticking around for the rest. I even registered here just to rant about this episode.

THIS. WAS. JUST. COMPLETELY. FUCKING. BRILLIANT.
TreSep 29, 2009 7:55 PM
Sep 30, 2009 2:53 AM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
@Kvakond: I recommend you to make that ult atk "Release Temptation" as your avatar.
Sadly it's too long and parts of it can't be looped properly. I tried..

MaxCrazy7 said:
How long will that fight last? When I thought it was the end of the pretty girl squad the pull out something like that.
Endless Shelter3

I'm not sure my first comment made it clear, but after watching it a few more time, I can say that
Tre said:
THIS. WAS. JUST. COMPLETELY. FUCKING. BRILLIANT.
Sep 30, 2009 7:18 AM

Oct 2007
Kvakond said:
Sadly it's too long and parts of it can't be looped properly. I tried.
It would be awesome if you could but well...

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 30, 2009 6:27 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
LOL, why couldn't Blade use his baddassry earlier.

why couldn't the Fragrance be used earlier.

Clearly, I should turn off my brain and enjoy this series instead.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 1, 2009 7:20 AM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:
LOL, why couldn't Blade use his baddassry earlier.

why couldn't the Fragrance be used earlier.

Clearly, I should turn off my brain and enjoy this series instead.

Right. That's the only way to enjoy this. Shut off your brain and enjoy this crazy parody. That said this episode was really better than the previous ones. Especially K's ultimate attack was animated really awesome. Many scenes this episode were made ridiculously cool and the BGM was very fitting, too.

I mean honestly this show is totally crap but it's awesome crap.
Oct 1, 2009 8:25 AM

Jul 2009
Zero_r2 said:

we saw eve naked

99999999999999999999999999999999999 for this episode!!!!!!!!!!!

This episode looked pretty styling I must say

Forever said:

I mean honestly this show is totally crap

unellmayOct 1, 2009 8:36 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 1, 2009 10:21 AM
Feb 2009
hmm.... so how Kuchinashi's ultimate attack is all about her words that make you shout: "KUCHINASHI JUST SPOKE!" and accidentally inhaled the fragrance o.O
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 1, 2009 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
KUSHINASHI SPOOOOOKE!!! OMFGZ!!

Epic Episode XDD
Oct 5, 2009 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
lol why didn't she just use that fragrance in the first place!?

Oct 7, 2009 5:04 AM

Sep 2008
ColdBeans said:
lol why didn't she just use that fragrance in the first place!?
They thought it was Needless at the time probably.
Oct 21, 2009 4:26 AM

Nov 2008
8D Setsuna's big nosebleed was just a surprise ! It made me feel all trippy the rest of the day xD !
Oct 25, 2009 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
How many episodes has this battle taken?!?!!
Nov 9, 2009 12:16 AM

Jul 2007
lol Blade using graviton to slowly drop mio-tan onto his face!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Needless Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 10, 2009

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 3:31 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaDenmad - Dec 3, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 21 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 20, 2009

49 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 12, 2009

41 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 5, 2009

45 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.