Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 24, 2014 12:24 AM

Dec 2011
Great, Shiori and her gang won due to their maid cafe! Victory! Nakama power!

Miku is a sore loser... Was she sending SOS messages by tapping Shido's "thing" XD?

Awww, Tohka wasn't hypnotized and saved Shido's ass.

Zombies everywhere and Tohka kidnapped, thing's aren't looking so well for them now.

Sacre bleu! Kurumi is back!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 24, 2014 12:34 AM

Jun 2013
Everyone (myself included) likes Kurumi. Make her the main character already :)
May 24, 2014 12:35 AM

Dec 2013
Kurumi. Kurumi. Kurumi. That is all I'm seeing here, and I don't really get it.

So, overall, I thought this was a strong episode. I've never read the source material so when I watch the episodes I actually see it for what it is instead of wasting time trying to compare it to a LN. There is no comparison, 9 times out of 10 the source material is going to be much better than the adaptation. So, there's not much point in trying to compare the two, and getting upset when the adaptation doesn't live up to the standards of it's source.

I must say all of this Miku screen time is really annoying, I'm so tired of seeing, hearing, and having to deal with her. I was hoping her part in the story wouldn't drag out so much, but guess I'm not that lucky. Personally, I think they could have put more focus on the battle going on outside the stadium, instead of stretching out the dumb-shit with Miku. I mean, Mana shows up and schools the enemy to save Origami and by proxy Shido, and then suddenly Blondie is there picking fights and kidnapping Tohka as if Origami and Mana were never there at all. WTF?

And that brings us to the point that no one can seem to let go of, Kurumi shows up. Now, I don't hate her, in fact I have nothing against her, and was even entertained by some of her parts in this episode. But, I don't think she merits all the fanboygasms I'm seeing. And I'm really gonna be upset if she suddenly starts getting all the screen time. So far this season the new characters have gotten all the screen time, there's not been hardly any screen time for Kotori or Yoshino, and Tohka and Origami have only gotten minimal screen time because they seem to always be near Shido. The new characters aren't even all that good, so I'd much rather the good characters from the first season get more screen time.

There seems to be some kind of plot going on in the background, but because the new spirits have been getting all the attention I'm yet to actually figure out what the point of it is supposed to be. So far it's just been random "lets attack Tohka and Shido" shenanigans that haven't made any sense. Yoshino has been nothing but background comedy for most of the season, and is now only serving as puppet fodder for the annoying one. Kotori has done absolutely nothing at all, even tho we all know there's some mystery wrapped around her being a bad ass fire spirit. Shido summoned Tohka's sword once, and it's not been mentioned or explained at all since then.

So, despite this being a strong episode that I rather enjoyed after the fights picked up, I still can't say that this season has been all that good. If there is a season 3 I really hope it's handled better than this one, but so far I'm not seeing another season being made.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 24, 2014 1:41 AM

Oct 2013
now I have the weirdest boner thanks to that Kurumi licking scene, Her voice is just orgasmic, props to her seiyuu..
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
May 24, 2014 2:50 AM
Feb 2014
The astounded face of Miku when realizing Shiori is a boy is so great I can't stop laughing.

Kurumi's licking almost make me vomit for some reason. Nevertheless it is good to see her helping out Shiori. And trying to make Shidou wear girl's underwear... LOL.

Trouble for Shidou everywhere now.
May 24, 2014 3:23 AM

Dec 2011
Both animation and pace sucked so hard, holy fuck. Oh man, especially the fight scene without OST, LOL

I wanted to see a high quality Kurumi this ep >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2012
So how will Shido seal away Miku's powers I wonder?

Great episode!!!
May 24, 2014 3:51 AM

May 2010
And Maji Hikuu wa girls saved the day! Yes! Too bad, they got possessed later.

Finally Kurumi! That alone makes this episode great. 9/10 (Note - it's the first '9' episode so far)
TragicRomanceMay 24, 2014 4:16 AM
May 24, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned of spams.

Spam:
  • Content without any purpose, coherency or relevance whatsoever.
  • Off-topic posts that derail a thread from its original topic.
  • Chatting with other users. Please use your profiles, PMs, or our IRC channel for this purpose.
  • Reaction images/videos and other images with no relevance to the discussion.
  • Quote-chaining (with or without +1/I agree/this/yes/lol/ type comments).

May 24, 2014 6:25 AM

Oct 2011
Kurumi vs Miku!!! Cannot wait to see that next week!!!
May 24, 2014 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
Kurumi saves the day!
May 24, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2009
Kurumi...

The best saving grace of this series has returned, I actually cheered when I saw her come out of the shadows this episode! <3
May 24, 2014 8:32 AM

Jan 2014
OMFG Kurumi <33333333333333333. This is what I have been waiting for ! Tired of seeing Miku being a total BITCH -__- . Can't wait till she gets a taste of reality.
May 24, 2014 8:59 AM

Sep 2011
That Miku makes me want to bitchslap her. Good thing I have Kurumi on this episode.

May 24, 2014 9:12 AM
Oct 2012
I wish they had created a more dramatic entrance for Kurumi, they must have known that everyone was waiting for it, so her just appearing like that was completely underwhelming.

Kurumi isn't the type to make a quiet entrance, so the scene felt completely off. Also, why would Shido have expected Kurumi to be receptive to his request, when they parted last there was no indication that Kurumi would ever rationally listen to Shiro. Was there some scene or ova that I missed where they departed as "enemies", but that indicated that Kurumi was anything other than insane?
May 24, 2014 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
There it is. Kurumi is finally back in action. I can't wait for next episode >.>
My favourite color is blue.

May 24, 2014 12:25 PM
Nov 2013
KURUMI KURUMI KURUMI <3
So happy Kurumi is here! Man, Miku is such a bitch.
And this new studio fucking sucks. The animation is so sub par it's hard to believe it's from 2014. AIC should've just done it..
May 24, 2014 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
How the hell did Shiori... I mean Shido survive that fall? Anywho... KURUMI!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 24, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2011
Freaking awesome episode. I LOL'ed at Diva flicking 'Shiori's' trap button and finding out the shocking truth. He loses all his Spirit allies including his sister, and now the only one left is ... psycho yandere Kurumi. I'm not as into yanderes as a lot of people seem to be (yandere may be the only more masochistic fetish than tsundere), but Kurumi was pretty awesome, creepy and hot in this episode, just as she should be. Her teasing Shido about Shiori while holding Miku's huge bra was hawt and if it does not inspire doujinshi authors, I will be disappointed.

I'm sure that Shido will somehow Talk No Jutsu his way out of this, but I do wonder how he's going to talk Miku into letting him give her the sealing kiss. Maybe he'll have to put on the Shiori wig for that part ;) And maybe even please Kurumi by wearing Miku's stuffed bra. I'm probably enjoying this idea too much ...

Fanservicey, action-packed, funny and wild ... Date a Live is definitely back to speed :)
May 24, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2013
Sury said:
Riotstarter said:
I get the sense Kurumi will always be able to avoid being controlled because, if she does, then a clone of her will just show up and kill the controlled one and return to normal. It's impossible to get to all of her clones because of that.
Would be bad if the original one gets controlled, since she's the only one who can summon Zafkiel.

True but what makes you think Kurumi would send her original self in to something with that level of risk
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 24, 2014 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
action packed ep! face likcing, miku street partying, and airborne ast fighting
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 24, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2011
Kurumi best.
May 24, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2013
That fucking cliffhanger!!!

Mother. Fucking. Kurumi. It was a perfect occasion for an apparence. May she stay tuned in for some times.

As I thought, Miku learning Shiori was a boy leaded to massive shit. And Tohka is saved by her stupidity xD

I guess next arc will be for dark Tohka, or at least, it's what it look like from her look in the ED.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 24, 2014 9:02 PM

Aug 2008
FINALLY KURUMI HAS COME BACK!
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 24, 2014 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
So she planned to just barge into Miku's (house?) and inspect her *cough* belongings?
May 24, 2014 11:14 PM

Mar 2009
About time she showed up! Kurumi's voice is so LEWD.

...still not enough to save this lame season. I've been mostly disappointed.
May 25, 2014 1:07 AM

Dec 2013
Kurumi holding onto Miku's bra and telling Shido to cosplay for her was funny as heck.

I feel sorry that Shido got NTR'd by Miku, but I'm assuming that he'll steal all his spirits back somehow. Tohka though..... Do they even know where to go to save her?

The zombies portion seemed a bit out of place, and I can tell they skipped some stuff from the LN. Not really happy about that, nor am I happy that we only have 3 more episodes to go. Why couldn't they adapt more?!?!!?
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 25, 2014 2:16 AM

Feb 2013
I wanted to see how many people mentioned that Kurumi finally appears and you guys did not disappoint.

Anyway, cool episode, next weeks looks awesome.
May 25, 2014 2:24 AM

Dec 2013
Season 2 is sort of boring in my opinion. Both seasons weren't that good but S1 was at least watchable ._.
May 25, 2014 3:58 AM
Mar 2014
Oh Kurumi you have been missed glad to see her back love her voice and her theme music
May 25, 2014 4:30 AM

May 2013
Lmao Kurumi.

So yes, we'll see Miku's past next week and maybe...
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 25, 2014 5:02 AM

Jul 2012
i wonder if this season is following the light novel because it only 3 ep left or are they going to do another season of date a live
May 25, 2014 5:24 AM

Jan 2014
Didn't expect Kurumi to appear. But god, it was about time.

Let's see how those two will deal with Miku now and how she wil end up falling for Shidou.

Oh damn, that government bitch is so annoying.
May 25, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Date Live is very good, the episode was great
the part where Miku discovers the male side of Shido was funny
and Tohka always saving Shido, she really is the best girl in the anime, but now she was caught she will need help
and when Shido's alone behold aparare Kurumi, she is the second best, what is her plan?
but now have the battle against Miku, thus closes the arc and start the last arc of the anime
May 25, 2014 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/BH8MhZy.png
It's good to finally see Kurumi back.
May 25, 2014 3:56 PM

Sep 2013
No love for Mana? ;___;
May 25, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
kliang96 said:
It's been so long since I've heard Kurumi's voice. So. Ero.

+1
Great episode, cool to see Kurumi help Shido!
LunamariaHawke said:
What happened to Origami and Mana, were they taken out by Ellen?

Wow... I forgot about them for a second! I was glad when Mana showed up... Wonder what happened though!?
May 25, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
i hope Origami and Mana show up in the next ep
May 25, 2014 8:56 PM

Dec 2013
And Karumi back and help to Shido. Not bad.
May 26, 2014 5:03 AM

Jan 2013
The facial expresson Miku had when she found out that Shiori is a man was priceless xD

Oh god, mass hypnosis, my fetish (xD)
Kurumi is finally back though! :3
Also, Mana saving the day xD

I feel like what they do Tohka will have to do something with the Dark Tohka thing.
May 26, 2014 9:55 AM

Aug 2010
Sury said:
Kurumi! <3 I don't think I ever anticipated the return of a character more than before this episode.

This so much. Best episode so far. Easily a 5/5

Kurumi!! <3
May 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2014
Now you come to think of that Ellen Mathers has the same voice actor.. as Akeno Himejima from Highschool DxD!
School is like giving birth.
It can hold screaming children for 8-9 months while being long and hard to get trough.
But it's always a relief in the end.
May 26, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2011
Kurumi!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2014 3:55 PM
Dec 2012
damn poor origami man , her life suck so bad , just is being toy with her feeling and get beat up again , i hope that decide to let her rest already ( i really like her) . and finally at last My lovely Angel (of death) Kurumi-tan , so can we get rid of the rest and oly have kurumi awesomeness ! I heart Kurumi!
May 26, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2013
Mhm... everything in this episode felt off and really random... there were also a lot of "quiet" scenes where it seemed like nothing was being done and a lot of "down" times. Well whatever... i hope there will be better episodes to come >.>

May 26, 2014 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
It's about time we get to see Kurumi<3

She is best girl~
May 26, 2014 9:38 PM

Jul 2012
is this season of date a live following the light novel ?
May 27, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
WOOT Kurumi haha
that lick scene O_O was intense
[/quote]
May 31, 2014 6:42 PM

Feb 2013
Kurumi returns!

Kyouhei was not hypnotized... lol he wasn't about to give up his place as Kotori's chair.
May 31, 2014 9:54 PM

Jul 2012
This episode lacks...impact. They jumped straight into events, had jarring moments of silence and there just wasn't any intensity D:
I don't understand why they would have a filler at the start then rush the actual story. I really hope they do the rest properly and not end on another lame filler.

I still liked the episode, especially with the reappearance of my favourite spirit, just sad that it could've been so much better.

At least there will be more Kurumi time <3
Ga_LaxyMay 31, 2014 9:59 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

257 by -DxP- »»
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

127 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.