Forum Settings
Forums
Bloody Monday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2009 8:57 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So, the first season ends with Fujimaru saving the day, although it seems J is still going to do something with the survivors although what it hasn't been revealed yet and Maya is furious =O come on second season xD!
Sep 23, 2009 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
Man that was a great summer ride, everyday of lil fun. hehe Yea FALCON Saved the Day.

it was obvious that the hacking part was going to be quick since it was the last chapter, but it was good, because i remember someone,maybe it was K, that it won't attack Russian city, so it was good of Falcon to make it think Tokyo was Moscow.

seems like everyone is alright in the good guys side,Minami got a good hug out of Falcon; Kanou, got some; Aoi is okay, and just worried about the scars haha, wished for lil bit more of Fujimura but he still has things to do soon so thats fine; and seems like Otoya is gonna finally re meet his mom, or after a long while and probably gonna get things cleared up.

what made the whole thing interesting is that Maya is still out there, and is pissed haha, plus J pretty much recruited the remaining notable figures of the Terrorist group; the only question is that are they leaving the country and starting anew or, plotting something else. but the last scene when u look at Abel lol its really hard to hate her for me.

anyways till season 2.
great stuff.
Sep 23, 2009 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
The main plot comes to a end...and this ending was a bit unsatisfying for me I would preferred that they blow up tokio tower.

I hope that in the second development the character relations a bit...and Maya just go girl xD...
Sep 23, 2009 10:30 PM

Dec 2007
Boring.
Sep 24, 2009 12:38 AM
Jun 2008
mmm this is truly one of the most interesting mangas ive ever read
the whole ending seemed a bit rushed and it was pretty predictable that falcon would save the day (didn't think about the whole satellite part but it was obvious he would hack into SOMETHING and stop it)
aside from that, you gotta wonder what maya and J will get up to~
cant wait for season 2 :D!
Sep 24, 2009 2:03 AM

Feb 2007
tater_head said:
Boring.

Not the word I would have used, but yeah, the ending was a bit of an anti-climax.

Bring on Season 2 though, I'm curious as to what Maya and J has in store for Fujimaru and Third-I. 8/10
Sep 24, 2009 2:20 AM

Jul 2007
I think this chapter would feel a lot more thrilling and climatic if it was in animated form.

Its hard to make people feel the countdown on paper, thus that was the only probloem of this chapter.

Hopefully one day we will get an anime out of this :E
Sep 24, 2009 3:48 AM

Oct 2007
oblow20 said:
The main plot comes to a end...and this ending was a bit unsatisfying for me I would preferred that they blow up tokio tower.

I hope that in the second development the character relations a bit...and Maya just go girl xD...

felt the same way, the usual saving the world, at most its falcon's hacking that is interesting, and overpowered if i may say so.
Sep 24, 2009 10:20 AM

Oct 2007
Kind of a meh ending. I wanted a bit more suspense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Sep 24, 2009 12:00 PM
Jun 2008
Pretty good manga and plot. I liked it.

The ending of S1 is not too rushed like some other mangas, but it doesn't hold that much suspense
Sep 24, 2009 2:39 PM

Apr 2008
tater_head said:
Boring.

+1
Sep 24, 2009 5:13 PM
Feb 2009
Must say the ending did NOT work for me. Ever since it was mention that the bomb didn't work on Russian city's I was waiting for him to hack the satellite. Still think it's a genius manga, very accurate on the technology front. And considering there's gonna be a 2nd season I'm not that disappointed.
Sep 24, 2009 7:46 PM
Jan 2009
I thought the ending was good, only because it really isn't the "ending".

Can't wait for Season II, new developments and whatnot.
And, of course, we'll be seeing more of Maya and probably Hide's stepmother; they showed her, right?

And I'm curious as to what J and the others will be doing.
Oct 10, 2009 5:08 AM

Jun 2009
finally caught up after putting it on hold.

reading the chapters consecutively made it go a little faster, but the plotholes and the breaks in logic remain as noticeable as ever. the sense that people occasionally become retarded was consistent throughout.

the rest - characterization, themes, overall plot, remain pretty generic, mixed in with a few good twists. it was pretty consistent as well, and all the bases were covered in the end (or at least hinted at for part 2)

anko sucks as a villain, the end was anticlimactic, and there was a big lack of suspense (especially bad for this type of manga).

overall, didn't change my rating from when I dropped it - a solid 5/10.
Nov 5, 2009 10:49 AM

Dec 2008
An okay and typical ending, showing what everyone was doing after the incident. Fujimaru and third - i are the unknown heros of an unknown incident. Injuries are healing, Otoya goes to see his parents, Kanou sees Sasha off back to Russia, Maya gets screwed over on her account lol. Seems like J and the remaining members (Micheal, Jacob, Cain, and Abel) are going to travel together for the time being (somewhat expecting them to return in second season). Curious as to what the 2nd season will be like though. Overall an enjoyable series. ^^.
Jan 4, 2010 4:22 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good ending, still Aoi who the fvuk you like?
Jan 29, 2010 6:19 PM

May 2007
Great manga, although I wasn't a big fan of the very last arc. Everything seemed to be a bit rushed compared to the pace of everything else that came before it. The author just seemed to want to end things quickly for some reason. Well, that's the sense I got out of it and things became a bit predictable. Not to mention, Fujimaru's sister got kidnapped waaaay too many times for my liking. I mean, given how many times she fell into enemy's hands, you would think that Third-I would place a few trusted bodyguards with her. But regardless, it was a fun read.

7/10 final, though I really want to give it an 8. We'll see how I feel in a few days after I had time to digest it.
Sep 28, 2010 1:04 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome. Needs more Maya though.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Dec 17, 2010 4:21 PM
Aug 2010
Nice ending, I hope this get an animation.
Jan 18, 2011 11:53 AM
Nov 2010
I think this series is underrated.. although I personally feel they exaggerated a lot of the communication capabilities and success rates - it's nevertheless a nice thriller. I'm also pretty fond of the antagonists of Bloody Monday, and I'm usually someone whose favourite character is one of the good guys.
Mar 31, 2011 3:09 PM

Jan 2009
Oh no a second season, sigh, and I was hoping for more closure.
Jan 1, 2012 11:03 AM
Nov 2009
This ending felt kinda rushed... Still was an awesome ride though,, 9/10. Now onto the 2nd season :)
Apr 2, 2012 5:13 AM

Feb 2010
Nice manga.

The ending wasn't amazing and anko death wasn't really good, but still, really good read.
Jul 9, 2012 11:37 PM

Feb 2011
The ending chapter felt rushed. They probably should have dedicated a whole chapter to what happened after they stopped the bomb. Regardless, this is instantly one of my top favorite mangas now. I read the whole thing in 2 days, because I always wanted to know what happened next. I really like "J" and I'm glad to have seen him and Michael meet up with the others. Hope fully they will appear in the 2nd season.
Nov 11, 2012 9:26 PM
Feb 2011
The ending of this would be very fitting for an animated adaption but I thought it was all to common in manga/anime of this sort. All the twists were predictable. =(

5/10
Jun 11, 2013 3:17 PM

Dec 2009
Kept me seriously entertained from beginning to end. Even if it got a little worse towards the end.
Some plot twists were awesome, but when they happened all the time, it became quite stale.

8/10

Big plus that Maya survived to the end \o/
Jul 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
Farewell Anko ;.;

Oop and that's the end of season 1. Well, this felt like reading Guilty Crown + Death Note but not too shabby I guess. I expected more plot twists though. 6/10

Dat final shot of the manga:
Sep 19, 2013 3:24 AM

Dec 2012
6/10. It was annoying how everyone were traitors at first and the whole action could be interesting at times, but it wasn't something that would keep you hooked. I completed this over weeks even though its only 96 chapters long. Not sure if I'll read the second season. It felt kind of repetitive especially when Haruka was captured again and again and how everyone seemed to become a traitor, and for some reason Falcon has a master plan up his sleeve. The ending was kinda random, especially Hornet's appearance and Judas' random betrayal.
May 17, 2014 8:11 AM

Mar 2012
This manga was trash to be honest.
Aug 14, 2015 4:32 PM

Jun 2011
ClawViper said:
6/10. It was annoying how everyone were traitors at first and the whole action could be interesting at times, but it wasn't something that would keep you hooked. I completed this over weeks even though its only 96 chapters long. Not sure if I'll read the second season. It felt kind of repetitive especially when Haruka was captured again and again and how everyone seemed to become a traitor, and for some reason Falcon has a master plan up his sleeve. The ending was kinda random, especially Hornet's appearance and Judas' random betrayal.
Pretty much, even the part where it took longer than necessary to complete the entire first season. The part with Haruka is just darn repetitive and if that's the only case, it's fine, but it got so annoying later on. Anko should not have been made the villain, that was done pretty badly and the follow up wasn't good either.

There are a lot of problems with this series. It could have been much better in my opinion. Spending 95 chapters on this whole saga doesn't help, with little to no downtime (which is my favorite part, I enjoyed the whole school life at the beginning more). It got tedious to read later on.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 15, 2016 12:28 PM
Jun 2014
WOOOOO THE CRAZY BITCH LOST. If only she had stayed alive long enough to witness her complete failure.
Jun 17, 2016 2:54 AM

Jul 2012
Hmm, that was pretty thrilling and all but it left me with a bad taste. I'm excited to start the sequel!

Otoya was my favourite character, followed by Jun and Michael. Least favourite was Haruka aka goody two shoes burden imouto and I also hated the shit out of Mako/K.

The mind games and one upping were certainly fun to follow at least! But the thing with these types of stories is not to overdo the plot twists. It has to be foreshadowed and planned out instead of making everyone a spy. Lol

Debating between 6 or 7/10.
Apr 25, 2018 6:55 PM
Jan 2017
This was totally awesome, this manga really had a Death Note kind of vibe to it, with the addition of a possible virus that turned out to be a bomb. albeit I'm a bit dissappointed that the virus want the overall main threat, I still liked this action packed thriller, I'm so gonna read the next season soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bloody Monday Chapter 1 Discussion

SkyKing - Mar 17, 2008

15 by Traotora »»
Mar 30, 1:38 AM

» Who thinks Bloody Monday should become an Anime?

TheBlueKing - Jul 16, 2012

7 by Adampk »»
Sep 25, 2022 10:48 AM

Poll: » Bloody Monday Chapter 28 Discussion

fisher_88 - Jul 18, 2009

9 by Maou_heika »»
Jul 22, 2021 10:26 AM

Poll: » Bloody Monday Chapter 10 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Nov 13, 2008

10 by Maou_heika »»
Jul 20, 2021 10:51 AM

Poll: » Bloody Monday Chapter 3 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 7, 2008

16 by Maou_heika »»
Jul 19, 2021 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.