Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion

Aug 12, 2015 3:01 AM

Lemme get this straight, the whole purpose of Wixcross is for the cards to trick Selectors into winning thrice so they can switch places with them?

This is great!

Sep 28, 2015 2:13 AM

Well damn. What the hell just happened at the end? Yuzuki is an LRIG now? But...how is she still in the real world? Thinking back on the ways things were worded earlier in the series, I think this is an artificial copy of Yuzuki in the real world and "real" Yuzuki is now an LRIG. That's pretty messed up. I bet Yuzuki's former LRIG is gone for good now. (thus why she was crying at the end)

I originally thought that if you lost you became an LRIG. Or if you won, and the whole system was a lie. But this.....was not expecting a copy to be created. That's interesting and all sorts of ramifications down the line.

Especially since I still think something is up with Ruuko and Tama. Tama has to be her sister or split personality or something. I wonder what Ruuko, as the "Chosen One" is supposed to do. As long as her wish doesn't end up being to rewrite the system of the game or destroy it completely. That would just be a cop out and be too Madoka-y for me.

And Hitoe...this ought to be interesting. I honestly originally thought she was going to end up committing suicide, and that would really hit hard for everyone else the effects of losing the game. But now she's back in it.....i'm not sure how I feel about this. If done right, it could be really interesting. I wonder what her new wish will be?

Oh, and...
Ruuko = Madoka
Iona = Homura (kinda of....like reverse Homura...maybe)
Yuzuki = Sayaka
Akira = Kyouko
Hitoe = ????......Mami? No, that doesn't work. Oh well. 4/5 ain't bad.

Sorry, I love both series, but I can't help but compare them.
Modified by StormSky92, Sep 28, 2015 2:18 AM
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

Sep 29, 2015 7:56 PM

This is a nice twist and all. But I still don't know how this card game is played.

Sep 29, 2015 8:00 PM

LLawlied said:
I dropped this at episode 5 because I just can't stand the characters. But, from what I read here apparently it's getting better. Maybe I should try watching this again?

Someone doesn't like normal girl characters with a hint of cuteness.

Sep 29, 2015 8:03 PM

JewellTH said:
LLawlied said:
I dropped this at episode 5 because I just can't stand the characters. But, from what I read here apparently it's getting better. Maybe I should try watching this again?

Someone doesn't like normal girl characters with a hint of cuteness.

one of those "normal" characters is in love with their brother... xD

Oct 13, 2015 4:47 AM

Oh fuck me! That ending surprised the crap out of me, so Yuzuki turned into a fighting loli now ? I don't even...

Btw, that incest scene tho.

Dec 2, 2015 1:58 AM
Watching scene before OP:
Why does Akira retain her memory? This is totally not in line with the rules and plot

Watching the remaining of this episode:
Forget about Akira, that's the only normal thing in this episode.
Modified by RavenWish, Dec 2, 2015 2:26 AM

Jun 18, 2016 12:01 AM

Damn, that twincest scene was something else. It was as beautifully crafted as my dignity will let me say a twincest scene can be; nothing explicit or even risque was happening on-screen, but everything about it was very seductive and more erotic than most ecchi.

It's too bad it wasn't actually Yuzuki who got her wish...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Sep 11, 2016 3:55 AM

RavenWish said:
Watching scene before OP:
Why does Akira retain her memory? This is totally not in line with the rules and plot

Watching the remaining of this episode:
Forget about Akira, that's the only normal thing in this episode.

AHah I didn't even think about that. You are right, she shouldn't even know who anyone is.

Oct 12, 2016 4:32 AM
iDensity said:
Lemme get this straight, the whole purpose of Wixcross is for the cards to trick Selectors into winning thrice so they can switch places with them?

Pretty sure it requires more than three wins. Akira won a whole bunch of times but nothing happened. I think it's related to the evolution Tama had -- the point of the battles is to get the selectors to sync up with the LRIGs so that they're easier to swap, or something like that. At least that's my best guess at this point in the show.

Also I totally missed the GIRL = LRIG thing until this episode. Lrig revelc.

Edit: and now I had another realisation. The game is called Wixoss, which is pronounced like "we cross"... as in "we cross paths/destinies/bodies"... that's definitely some Kyuubey-level wordplay there.
Modified by Mirality, Oct 12, 2016 4:46 AM

Oct 22, 2016 11:14 PM

damn... that was awesome ep...
i realised there's something wrong with Yuzuki voice...
She and Hanayo switch place!! damn...
also, Hitoe gets her 2nd chance to become Selector, what is her new wish??

Oct 23, 2016 7:13 AM

So the game is tainted to begin with.

dat scar ain't too bad it looks badass.

Dec 22, 2016 11:07 PM

The girl, that confessed to Kazuki is a total creep. And his other "friends" are assholes too.

Akira went full psycho. The scar looks quite weird, I wonder if it's even a normal scar. In any case, I already like her more as when she still played the nice girl.

Yuzuki decided to go all out and became an Eternal Girl. I knew, that something will go terribly wrong, when she and Hanayo fused and were swallowed by that dark stuff.

Hitoe got a new LRIG and it's Yuzuki. In a sense, it isn't even a lie. She became an Eternal Girl, as in she will be like this forever. Except LRIGs can age or die, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm curious, if Hitoe will stay somewhat normal or will go batshit insane.

The question is: who is in Yuzuki's body now? The scene with Kazuki and "Yuzuki" was quite awkward. I sense rape incoming. But I don't know, if the show will go that far.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
I could walk down a highway, find decomposing roadkill and that would be a more refreshing image than your comments - a wise man, 2019

Dec 31, 2016 7:15 AM

The despair hit me really hard this episode... Poor Yuzuki. Tears just can't stop, despair can't stop.... To think that such a cruel cruel thing hapened to her.

Props to her brother for handling that crazy confesing girl pretty well.

May 25, 2017 3:48 PM

I'm glad I stuck to this anime. I was about to drop it around episode 3.

Jul 13, 2017 10:11 PM
Seriously? Ruko's sorry for AKIRA of all people AND blames HERSELF? I hate these types of MCs....

Akira was right about one thing - what happened to her WAS pretty funny.

So the whole wish thing was a lie. There is literally NO upside to the game, damned if you lose, damned if you win. And depending on your wish, losing 3 games is preferable to becoming an Eternal Girl.

Feb 11, 2018 10:02 AM

Hmmmm...finally getting good again

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 7, 2018 5:54 PM

this ep has me fucked up, the shit at the end is crazy

Apr 24, 2018 10:27 AM

love it, should of started with season 1 and 2, but when I started it was season 3 and alot didn't click then i found these treasures, me like the dark tone

Jan 3, 3:08 PM

So ruko just lost two of her friends, Hitoe who can no longer make friends, and Miss fuck her brother.

Mar 15, 12:44 PM

And I knew it! When the transformation started, I knew there was no wish. I knew she would be trapped as a card.

I thought I misspotted when Kazuki found her home. This was crazy. I couldn't believe they actually did that. BUT that was an empty shell, wasn't it?

They said your wish would come true. Well, they didn't lie.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]