Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2014 12:07 PM

Mar 2009
i actually think haru can manage bamba by herself :P
May 23, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2013
reira93 said:
Dude, she has a gravity hammer.

Well, Haru's already shown us that she's tough.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
May 23, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2011
So Isuke's mama is actually a guy lol...I guess he plays the role of both mother and father...

Isuke was found by Inukai Esuke and adopted so she can succeed him it seems.

Time and time again Tokaku seems so weak compared to the others, since she can't kill them.

Oh great, like Isuke wasn't enough trouble, now Shinya is also onto Haru...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 23, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2009
Diran-kun said:
reira93 said:

haru survived a lot of shit, she might be "somewhat" immortal or have some strange power... tho i think she will mange bamba by running away to tokaku :D
May 23, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
I really like Banba/shinya and her ending theme!
May 23, 2014 12:45 PM

May 2014
Shinya is a great character, when I heard the knocking on the door I was pretty sure it would be a bomb, I really wasn't expecting a huge sledgehammer, that is by far the best weapon used so far.
-people die if they are killed-
May 23, 2014 1:23 PM

May 2013
reira93 said:
Diran-kun said:
reira93 said:

haru survived a lot of shit, she might be "somewhat" immortal or have some strange power... tho i think she will mange bamba by running away to tokaku :D
And then Haru kills Tokaku... I hope...
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
May 23, 2014 2:12 PM

Mar 2014
Banba is awesome. Damn i bet Nio is teh beast though. Part of Isuke's past, would love something more detailed ( i hope we get something ). 5/5 for Banba's hammer-dat girl is NUTS.

Also loved the Banba ending theme.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 23, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2009
Isuke just knows that Tokaku can't kill anyone and uses this to her advantage
May 23, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2013
Total cliffahanger. Well, Shinya and Isuke is such baddass
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 23, 2014 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, Shinya's entrance! Everything about it was so perfectly badass. It was a nice surprise considering Tokaku assumed that Shinya wasn't actually going to act yet.
May 23, 2014 2:57 PM

Feb 2014
When I started this anime, I was watching it, but not with the awesome feeling. The last 3 episodes were like AWESOME! I'm getting the Fairy Tail (2014) feeling: GIVE ME THE DAMN NEXT EPISODE!
And this cliffhanger on the end of this episode: WOW! Didn't saw that coming. I can feel a nearby plot-twist. I think around Haru's personality.
ClossdMay 23, 2014 3:01 PM
May 23, 2014 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
Uh oh..Who will rescue you now Haru? This is interesting.
May 23, 2014 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
That was an intense fight. I absolutely love Banba.
Finally, 2 assasins at one episode. Definitely my fav ep along with ep6.
May 23, 2014 5:10 PM

Sep 2013
This show feels so flat, rushed and dull. I think its biggest problem is going to be the small episode count and the fact that the premise is still somewhat retarded. It's just some crazy bitchy lesbians trying to kill some cutesy other lesbians because of reasons. I mean we don't even know why the hell Sayaka even wants to protect Madoka in the first place. Was it really because of love (some inner monologues of Sayaka or at least something like that would be nice!) or just because she liked the way she does her hair or eats her lunch? Their "relationship" or "romance" - as the Yuritards love to call it - feels so corny and forced and I hate all the Yurifags praising it as the MOST AWESOME ANIME EVER!

The show also barely explains anything, the riddles get even more in the background, what were they about all along anyway? Was it just because they didn't have another name for the show? Because that's exactly what it seems. And the 2 minute edgy flashbacks make this show feel even more trashy than it already is, they barely excuse anything the characters do. The show reminds me a lot of Mirai Nikki or Deadman Wonderland which is not a good thing to be honest. I also couldn't care less about the characters, they all look the same except for the colors, are barely developed or fleshed out and just act crazy for the sake of acting crazy. But that's what the audience wants! That's the stuff doujins are made from, HELL YEAH! Plus Haru, Tokaku and the red-haired one with the Pocky's are just Madoka, Sayaka with a Homura personality and Kyouko from Madoka Magica who transfered into this city Akuma no Fiddle my Diddle takes place. Originality and stuff.

What I do like about the anime, though is the soundtrack which is probably among my favorites this season. I mean they even make a new ED theme for each character which got the spot light in that particular episode and the lyrics even fit their character for the most part too. That shows they at least tried to put some effort into it.

Other than that this episode was among the better ones thus far, finally it's shown that Sayaka can't always be at Madoka's site even though the sole reason why she even left the safe room in the first place is beyong my imagination. Plot convenience and stuff but having to sacrifice a characters credibility.
nightwalkMay 23, 2014 5:15 PM
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
May 23, 2014 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
Two assassins worked together and attacked at the same time.

Shinya was so bad ass.
May 23, 2014 5:47 PM

Oct 2010
Banba finally gets her episode. I probably prefer Shinya over Mahiru since she is much more badass. I'm pretty happy that her arc didn't end in this episode since it is both her and Isuke attempting to kill Haru this time. Hopefully we get to see more of Banba's past next ep since she did mention Mahiru being locked away for a long time. Anyways, this ep gets a perfect score from me. The fights were really intense this ep.
May 23, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2010
Bamba ftw, but Nio's still best girl.Not a fan of Isuke tho, she's kind of annoying.
Now how will Haru survive, and will Tokaku kill Isuke? can't wait.
May 23, 2014 6:07 PM

Sep 2013
Double time >:D

That hammer :O

Next week should be a blast.
May 23, 2014 6:47 PM

Aug 2013
Watch Haru survive until daybreak when Mahiru emerges haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 23, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
Wow! What an episode~! D:

So, Isuke did a cheap move by providing the letter to assassinate....but with a different person's name. D: Cheap, but sneaky. >:3
Anyways......Mahiru!
OMG!
She also sent a message to kill Haru.....oh crap! D: Not good....so now 2 people are after Haru's life...damn! D:
Intense episode, so can't wait for the next one~! x3
May 23, 2014 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
This show needs to end already.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 23, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2014
I'm scared now.

Banba likes them huge...wut?!
May 23, 2014 9:08 PM
Jul 2008
We still have 5 episodes o.o -1 for part2 and -1 for rich girl = 3 more for ???

I really don't know what to think about the black class organization thing and those riddles, hopefully they all add up at the end.
May 23, 2014 9:37 PM
Apr 2012
Finally, we get to see more into Isuke's background story... and I felt like I was waiting forever for it *sighs heavily* She is totally badass in this episode, as expected of an assasin's successor XD

Post-Josh said:
This show needs to end already.

yeaa I would second this. Hopefully next episode will live up to some of our expectations (-..-')... or not..?
May 23, 2014 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
Only thing that picked my curiosity was why did Azuma leave Haru alone and went looking for Isuke. Wouldn't it make more sense to stick alone to Haru and guard her from near like she usually does?
May 24, 2014 12:31 AM

Nov 2012
Why has nobody on first page pointed out we might finally get some answers about what Tokaku wants or what her motives actually are?

This episode finally did something different, so I'm happy with it.
May 24, 2014 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
Oh boy, the last few minutes left me tight on my seat.
How is Haru gonna survive now?
May 24, 2014 5:30 AM

Mar 2009
Knight_Artorias said:
This show feels so flat, rushed and dull. I think its biggest problem is going to be the small episode count and the fact that the premise is still somewhat retarded.

when i first watched the preview of this show i was so happy, finally a yuri without super romantic drama or stupid moe characters or ecchi. then i wondered who is the writer of it and oh no... it's kouga yun, the writer of "loveless".
loveless(manga) has a deep and growing story with characters that always surprise you. the premise was mysterious and well, people loved it BUT then kouga yun got lazy or lost her inspiration (or idk) story got just confusing and stupid and pages of the chapters decreased highly. i looked at some other manga of her and it's the same! she has a habbit of dropping the story! D: anyway loveless had an anime adoptation like akuma no riddle, only 12-13 episode and it ended with an open ending(naturally because the manga is long running serie and they probably just wanted to show people the manga). who could have imagined yun kouga would screw it later?
anyway since the main target of the akuma no riddle is different and they foreseed the manga of it will just get deeper and then confusing, i think they decided to do a mediocre action anime that at least has a proper ending :/ tho im just guessing all that with my knowledge of kouga yun and productors, i think that's the reason why this show is so flat.
oh btw i didnt read the manga since it's not translated but there is no "sending notices" in it fortunatelly.
May 24, 2014 5:59 AM

Nov 2013
this story is getting interesting... And I still believe Haru some secret that may be hinted next episode, since she'll have to defend herself.... (unfortunately it can however go through the "normal route" and we'll end up just having a internal fight between Shinya and Mahiru)
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

May 24, 2014 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was nuts, 2 assassins on 2 fronts. I cant wait till next week.
My Candies:
May 24, 2014 7:15 AM

Jan 2014
Something that stood out for me in this episode is the music. God, I love the music! I'm soo getting the soundtrack when it comes out!
May 24, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2012
My two favorite characters in action. Nice.
May 24, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2014
I wished more episodes would be like this one. I liked how they saved the best assassins for last. Banba just became my favorite.
Zanos1May 24, 2014 11:28 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 24, 2014 12:13 PM
Mar 2009
Thorden said:
finaly, 2 assassins at a time. I have been waiting for this.

Yeah.... "Two assassins, one protector, and one target."

The protector totally followed for the obvious ruse, and the conclusion of that fight will be interesting.

Also, harsh life they live... people aren't just getting injured but totally killed.
May 24, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
That was pretty intense! I got confused when Bamba's card was shown and it was Inukai that attacked first, thought it was a trick D: i hope to see either Tokaku go nuts on Inukai and kill her or get to Bamba and possibly have a 2vs1 fight.
Also a nice ED :3
May 24, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
StefanMZ said:
So Isuke's mama is actually a guy lol...I guess he plays the role of both mother and father...

Isuke was found by Inukai Esuke and adopted so she can succeed him it seems.

Time and time again Tokaku seems so weak compared to the others, since she can't kill them.

Oh great, like Isuke wasn't enough trouble, now Shinya is also onto Haru...

No if you read the "intermission card," "mama" is the dude she was talking to and rescued her. Papa is his gay lover who is not an assassin. But a completely normal person. I guess because the guy who saved her is the feminine one of the two, she assigns a female gender role to him. While her papa is the masculine one in the relationship. Which is kind of weird considering he's not even an assassin. So considering that I'd figure she'd assign the female role to the more "innocent" of the two parents.

But given how many episodes we have left, I hope there's going to be a twist. I'm also hoping that HaruxTokaku develops a bit more. They've placed SO MUCH emphasize on that relationship that it's been a real bummer not to see any development.

This ep was pretty damn good overall. But Tokaku HAS to kill one of them. I seriously don't think she's going to survive unless she" pops her cherry."
xPreatorianxMay 24, 2014 2:39 PM
May 24, 2014 3:39 PM

Dec 2013
I have a feeling Haru is going to kill Bamba herself.
May 24, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
After the drama of last week, I was expecting a level of "after-the-fallout" vibes from this week's episode after that kiss...there was none, but it makes a lot of sense considering people have every right to need a breather.

We got a interesting tidbit about Tokaku and
, plus Isuke finally made her move and we got some backstory about her.

Not as much to talk about, but hopefully things will pick up again next week.
May 24, 2014 4:33 PM

May 2013
Oh, man.
May 24, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
I thought it's forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice. I mean isn't it against the rules to send two killing notice? Also this week's riddle has nothing to do with this episode. >Which gatekeeper is the liar? I don't even know what was that supposed to be or what was the answer anyways. This show is pretty confusing with much plot holes. So much for 12 ep anime I guess.
May 24, 2014 5:40 PM
Jul 2008
Why is everyone saying Tokaku never killed? That's completely Isuke's assumption, it's never been explicitly confirmed. All we know is that Tokaku freezes up when she is about to kill due to that shrine memory, she could've directly killed people accidentally. Plus remember in the first? episode Tokaku was going to simply blow up the whole building, that would've for sure killed at least one person although indirectly.
May 24, 2014 8:38 PM

Mar 2009
Qpax said:
>Which gatekeeper is the liar?

it's the question at the ending of ep. 7. "there are 2 gatekeepers, one by the gates of heaven and other one by the gates of hell. one of them only tells the truth other one only tells lies. if you only have 1 chance, what should you ask so as to choose the gate to heaven?" the answer is easy, you should ask one of them "if I ask the other gatekeeper which door leads to heaven, which one would he show me?"
if it's the liar he will point to the hell, if it's the honest one he will point to the hell too. you then chose the opposite gate. but you cant know which gatekeeper was the liar. i think it's refering to the first killing notice, was it really bamba's or isuke's? in the end both sent one so both are the gatekeepers of "hell" but you dont know which notice is whose.
btw it's not forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice, they can alliance together to attack.
May 24, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
Two assassins at once? Azuma and Haru in deep trouble. This is the first time I want to watch next episode as soon as possible in Akuma no Riddle. I wonder if any of the past assassins will return. Hoping it's Sagae Haruki if past assassins return.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
Banba and Isuke were pretty crazy in here, now both of them are targeting Haru and Azuma. Oh damn Haru is in trouble at the end there...

May 25, 2014 12:09 AM

Jan 2011
Banba teams up with Isuke. I'm guessing since Banba doesn't have a wish it's an agreement that her wish is the same as Isuke's.

BlazingOptimist said:

We got a interesting tidbit about Tokaku and

We already knew that.
May 25, 2014 6:44 AM

Nov 2008
reira93 said:
Qpax said:
>Which gatekeeper is the liar?

it's the question at the ending of ep. 7. "there are 2 gatekeepers, one by the gates of heaven and other one by the gates of hell. one of them only tells the truth other one only tells lies. if you only have 1 chance, what should you ask so as to choose the gate to heaven?" the answer is easy, you should ask one of them "if I ask the other gatekeeper which door leads to heaven, which one would he show me?"
if it's the liar he will point to the hell, if it's the honest one he will point to the hell too. you then chose the opposite gate. but you cant know which gatekeeper was the liar. i think it's refering to the first killing notice, was it really bamba's or isuke's? in the end both sent one so both are the gatekeepers of "hell" but you dont know which notice is whose.
btw it's not forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice, they can alliance together to attack.

Until you pointed out I didn't know they could have gang together to attack one target. But who will get the prize then if they can able to their kill target between two assasins? I mean one should get prize according to rules so I don't think there is point to form alliance. If this was the case then weak ones should have made a party so in this way it would be more easy to kill Haru in the first place. I think in this episode and if I am not wrong Isuke going to get the prize if they are able to kill Haru. Because as far as I remember Banba 1′s wish appears to be something that even the organization cannot grant her but B2 assures her she will get her wish soon. So that means she has no wish and thus helping Isuke in her attempt to kill Haru I guess.
Also thanks expressing your ideas on gatekeeper issue. It sounded complicated to me at first and I didn't get it in the first place but after you explained it now it's a bit more clear to me. After all both gaterkeepers (Isuke and Banba) tries to show Haru the gates of the hell by killing her so there is no option to trust her own gatekeeper, Totaku if she wants to graduate, in other words to reach heaven without getting pulled in Hell by the gatekeeprs; assasins.
May 25, 2014 8:51 AM

Apr 2007
Qpax said:
But who will get the prize then if they can able to their kill target between two assasins?
It was already stated in this episode that Bamba doesn't want anything. Obviously the only reason she teamed up with Isuke. And like you said, they also hinted Bamba's wish is something the organization can't give her.
MonochromeMay 25, 2014 8:55 AM
May 25, 2014 9:47 AM

Sep 2013
Qpax said:
I thought it's forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice. I mean isn't it against the rules to send two killing notice? Also this week's riddle has nothing to do with this episode. >Which gatekeeper is the liar? I don't even know what was that supposed to be or what was the answer anyways. This show is pretty confusing with much plot holes. So much for 12 ep anime I guess.

It's not forbidden, the notices can overlap so the first one that kills Haru wins.

The gatekeeper/liar thing in this episode refers to the notice that was send in the umbrella, was it Bamba that send it or was it Isuke that send it with Bamba's name on it?

The riddle itself was answered by Kaiba at the end - it doesn't matter what you ask because both gates lead to Hell anyway, can also mean there is no Heaven and no truth only Hell and lies, deep stuff :O
May 25, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
Oh I see now. I don't usually look at preview but now it makes more sense. Thanks for the kindly comments guys. I really appricate it <3!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.