Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 2014 2:01 AM

Feb 2011
like they broke through the ground and there was an inverted place?
Was it.. the other side of the world? or a section inside the world?
didn't those buildings float into space?

i am confused.

May 22, 2014 4:53 AM
Dec 2010
Ironhorse-Yakuza said:

i am confused.

I believe last "world" was default/ original earth/fixed part of earth (check this http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1171937 )

That black and white strict society was inner globe. When they were flying up they hit other side of the globe (they were inside earth(or something globe like )] that's why they had "ceiling" there. Can't explain sun and day/night cycle. It was simply sci-fi. It was something like huge light shining down on them and they were pretty close to it when they were up on "ceiling". When it started shining they got hot as well.

Underground city was simply in wall / layer of globe.

World at the end had what i guess was moon, that's why i think it was real sky. Buildings where either those parts which didn't get affected by reverse gravity or they were fixed by scientists as they wrote in the letter at the end "After settling that area, we pushed forward with research into the repair of gravity inversion.
Now it seems a successful breakthough may by just out of reach."
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1171937#mdSyHBC2WQOY5efD.99".
greenmartyMay 22, 2014 4:58 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 22, 2014 9:07 AM

Feb 2011
Ah thanks so did that guy want to erase the "inverted" people because his society was the real ones that were inverted?

May 24, 2014 4:00 PM

Sep 2007
greenmarty said:
Can't explain sun and day/night cycle. It was simply sci-fi. It was something like huge light shining down on them and they were pretty close to it when they were up on "ceiling". When it started shining they got hot as well.

The steampunk-style ceiling was probably set up by their ancestors to simulate day and night. It was said in the movie that after the failed experiment their scientists joined the inverted people, and could have worked on this.
andreyvMay 25, 2014 12:39 AM
Jun 11, 2014 12:35 AM

Feb 2008
Ironhorse-Yakuza said:
Ah thanks so did that guy want to erase the "inverted" people because his society was the real ones that were inverted?
No, he really believed his own drivel and was trying to purify the Earth. I like to think that he realized the truth as he was dying.
Jun 15, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
If we take that physics is legit in this place, in the end Patema is the one who holds eiji on the ground, but the thing is, eiji is heavier than patema(as we have seen in the first half) so they 2 should be going to the moon, not sticking on earth. to make it work eiji needed to hold on to Porta to not fly away to da moon. Too bad this movie took such an interesting premise and f'd it up at the end.
Jun 16, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2012
magahacka said:
If we take that physics is legit in this place, in the end Patema is the one who holds eiji on the ground, but the thing is, eiji is heavier than patema(as we have seen in the first half) so they 2 should be going to the moon, not sticking on earth. to make it work eiji needed to hold on to Porta to not fly away to da moon. Too bad this movie took such an interesting premise and f'd it up at the end.

Just mere speculation, but I think the backpack she wore before holding onto him is heavy enough (or perhaps a sort of weight has been placed inside) so as to overcome Age's body weight. But, if it weren't for this reason, I wouldn't know why she'd wear the backpack in the first place.

Jun 16, 2014 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
overlooked it i guess, now it makes a little more sense.
Jun 24, 2014 2:20 AM

Mar 2014
here is my take. there are two groups, one with their with their gravity reversed, namely Age's and Patema's. Long ago the experiment reversed the gravity of the ancestors of Age's group, who then went to live underground (with their fake sky with the machine with all the lights). The ancestor's of Patema's group went with the gravity reversed group to help them, as they were the original scientists. In the end, the actual real surface of the world is shown and it is revealed that Age's group are the ones who actually had their gravity reversed.
Jul 29, 2014 11:20 AM
Dec 2007
@ Mad_King_Aerys,

~The past roots us, while the present fly's past us; the future is but a dream~
Aug 4, 2014 5:33 AM

Mar 2014
Rokle said:
@ Mad_King_Aerys,

nicely spotted, but even without that I thought it was quite obvious that Age's group had their gravity reversed (The fake sun machine was the dead giveaway).
Aug 27, 2014 8:22 PM

Feb 2011
andreyv said:
greenmarty said:
Can't explain sun and day/night cycle. It was simply sci-fi. It was something like huge light shining down on them and they were pretty close to it when they were up on "ceiling". When it started shining they got hot as well.

The steampunk-style ceiling was probably set up by their ancestors to simulate day and night. It was said in the movie that after the failed experiment their scientists joined the inverted people, and could have worked on this.

Actually, the steam towers are mostly likely to generate the clouds, as well as dissipate the heat from whatever powers the "sun"'s heat. (Probably steam, why not combine the two, they use the same lights at different intensities for sun/stars after all.) The drains we see were either to allow it to rain, or to catch condensed steam. I suspect it's rain because you'd need to use inverted water to get rain to fall on Aiga.

I believe it was the inverted people of Aiga that made the ceiling, since Patema's people didn't seem to know about it, even the chief or Porta. If they had, combined with the fact Porta saw Patema falling into the sky with Age, they should have figured out she might have survived. (This does, however, raise a serious question of who maintains the workings of the sun/clouds/rain/etc. in the ceiling. Maybe there's another group of scientist descendants on that side of the big cavern Aiga is in.)
Dec 13, 2014 11:59 PM
Feb 2014
Watched still confused myself, if there was actually a 50/50 split of people where is everyone that went up?

We saw the bottom of the dug out earth and yet all that remained was somehow fully function rain, storm and day/night cycle along with it all being powered so there has to be a population decently sized but no one there noticed the giant 2 ton carriage crashing into a building?

The real earth is also apparently abandoned which should have had generations of people from the letter stating they would be there around the central hole but not a single person even looks like they habituated the buildings.

It only appears that only the people near the core survived for some reason. Also it's pretty impressive that no one else got that email memo saying they're perfectly fine and the ones that who were actually inverted didn't get told that...
Nov 15, 2018 11:38 AM
Sep 2016
Scootboi said:

i am confused.

I believed that the controlling oppressive leaders who seem to be the normal ones are the actually inverted ones aka 'Age'. Patema who is what I think are the original humans, lived in the crust of 'Earth', and so under the crust are: empty space , Aiga, people and finally the ceiling.

Now, at the end of the movie, Patema's people discovers the world outside the crust. It means that all along they were living inside the 'Earth'! Therefore anyone who gets sucked towards the ceiling(iron/steam punk place where Age's dad's 'flying machine was') are actually people with the correct gravitational pull. This can be reinforced as on the outside world ( the world at the end ) had living organisms ( the birds ), water, a moon, weather and nature.

Furthermore, explaining that ceiling is simple. The ceiling is the core of the 'Earth' which also acts like the day/night cycle, this is because in real life gravity pulls us towards the centre/core of the Earth so I can relate this to the anime world. However I can't explain how it got there but i do have a hypothesis: It was built by the ancestors of Patema's kind which explains why it is in the middle of the globe.

About the buildings claimed to had flew to the sky, I'm not sure, maybe it was a myth? or actually the ancestors where inverted's'.

What happened to the governor? (supreme leader/the guy with the golden Luger)

Well, bad guys with bad ends right? Yeah, he must of died in space, burst into mince due to vacuum pressure or died from no oxygen or even died from radiation. That guy totally deserved it LOL.

In conclusion, the discovery of a new world was significant. Now they probably live on the surface of the crust, developing a new society. Oh yeah, people of Aiga could also live on the surface but they will need those yellow weights Lagos carried.
Jun 15, 2020 6:05 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This show proved that the world was flat, and there must be another world that can make people inverted. A conspiracy...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 27, 2020 3:38 PM
May 2020
magahacka said:

Um she had a bagpack on her
Dec 20, 2022 12:55 AM
Mar 2021
That would explain why patema’s people were digging for supplies.
May 31, 2023 7:38 PM
May 2023
Think upside down Truman show dome.
Jun 22, 2023 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
Well, it seems that not a single godforsaken soul managed to write a short, coherent, to the point answer. So here it is.

In the end, what you see is the actual surface of the Earth, with the actual sky and whatnot. The buildings are destroyed due to the gravity experiment, and some of them flew to space along with everything else that was inverted, creating the ring in the moon you can see at the end of the scene. The ending also shows us that the underground/inverted people were actually the non-inverted portion of humanity, while the people of Aiga were the inverted ones, which, in order to survive, created their own inverted world inside the Earth, containing a false sky to provide them with a day/night cycle.

Seriously guys, the existence of this thread alone, but even more so the amount of dumb answers, proves that none of you have paid the littlest attention to what you were watching...

magahacka said:

You just didn't pay attention to the movie. As Rakutomi said, Patema was wearing a backpack. Right at the beginning of the movie, when Patema sees Age for the first time, and grabs him not to fly away, it is shown that she was heavier than him, with both slowly drifting up. Only when she drops her backpack does Age get heavier than her. You can see her destroyed backpack when they're exploring the false sky.
Jun 23, 2023 6:52 AM

Feb 2011
Aragusuku said:

You just didn't pay attention to the movie.

bro this thread is 8 years old, chill

Dec 1, 2023 10:55 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to removed-user
Well, it seems that not a single godforsaken soul managed to write a short, coherent, to the point answer. So here it is.

In the end, what you see is the actual surface of the Earth, with the actual sky and whatnot. The buildings are destroyed due to the gravity experiment, and some of them flew to space along with everything else that was inverted, creating the ring in the moon you can see at the end of the scene. The ending also shows us that the underground/inverted people were actually the non-inverted portion of humanity, while the people of Aiga were the inverted ones, which, in order to survive, created their own inverted world inside the Earth, containing a false sky to provide them with a day/night cycle.

Seriously guys, the existence of this thread alone, but even more so the amount of dumb answers, proves that none of you have paid the littlest attention to what you were watching...

magahacka said:

You just didn't pay attention to the movie. As Rakutomi said, Patema was wearing a backpack. Right at the beginning of the movie, when Patema sees Age for the first time, and grabs him not to fly away, it is shown that she was heavier than him, with both slowly drifting up. Only when she drops her backpack does Age get heavier than her. You can see her destroyed backpack when they're exploring the false sky.
@HeiKeiRei Just because they didn't understand the somewhat confusing ending, doesn't mean they weren't paying attention or that they are dumb. You just sound like a jerk who gets off on putting people down.
Dec 3, 2023 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to vogtTD
@HeiKeiRei Just because they didn't understand the somewhat confusing ending, doesn't mean they weren't paying attention or that they are dumb. You just sound like a jerk who gets off on putting people down.
@vogtTD Nah. I was very tame because I didn't want my comment removed. People should first try watching the movie with both of their eyes opened before asking questions or attempting to answer such questions. And if you didn't bother paying attention to it, you shouldn't say "Too bad this movie took such an interesting premise and f'd it up at the end". What's f-ed up is your attention span.
Dec 4, 2023 8:56 PM

Feb 2011
Y'all are really still posting on a 9 year old thread? Christ almighty guys

can mods or someone lock this? Tired of these bozos giving me useless notifications.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakasama no Patema Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takanakaiyo - Oct 12, 2013

245 by ZER0PT »»
Feb 21, 1:24 PM

» So what exactly is good about this movie?

Nyron - Dec 28, 2014

34 by maximovich »»
Jan 17, 5:35 PM

» Is Sakasama no Patema a romance?

Hosny - Jul 20, 2017

5 by waalex11 »»
Jan 10, 9:23 AM

» Children? Spoiler

PirateMadryk - Apr 30, 2017

7 by Seiya0890 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:11 PM

» *SPOILERS* End Letter Decode ( 1 2 )

Weapon_Master - May 11, 2014

54 by XxMakagOxX »»
Jul 6, 2023 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.