Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2009 6:52 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I dont really care what happened, the kiss scene was all I needed. :D
so the 2nd season sadly ended happily and, who would have thought, the opening is the ending. :-)

anyway, the way they end this season makes me very worried about if there will be a 3rd season at all. Its just all too perfect, like in fairy tale: "and then they all lived happily ever after.... THE END" :-(

going to rewatch the whole season some time later and hoping to hear about Spice and Wolf III soon....
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:53 AM
Sep 23, 2009 9:12 PM

Sep 2009
hmm what group has ep 12 out? the latest i was aware of was 11 by mazui
Sep 23, 2009 9:23 PM
Aug 2009
Good ending. Finally Lawrence spits some game at Horo...
Sep 23, 2009 11:01 PM

Sep 2008
Abe is cute. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2009 12:23 AM

Jan 2009
٩๏_๏)۶ (my face right now)

Anyway, all the people who went around with weapons, they more or less look like zombies walking around xD

...wait, where did Abe get that meat cleaver?O.o
Hey, Lawrence is pretty skilled in hand-to-and combat, although he's waaaay too naïve, he let up too early.

Woaah! That's a pretty fluffy tail xD

He finally said it huh? ( ̄ー ̄) I'd say that's just about time : )

And that's a sweet "this is sparta"-kick, followed by a kiss, at last : D

Ah~ the bells ringing sounded quite fitting, and now I'm really craving for another season, hope it doesn't take as long as between the first and second >.<

Also, I gave this a 9/10, same as I gave the first season ... OH SHI- carp I just have to give it a 10 instead >.> And I'll also raise the first season to 10 xD..

Edit:
vinesage said:
who would have thought, the opening is the ending. :-)

I thought about that for a while.. It was great actually, a pretty subtle way of improving things : D
vinesage said:
anyway, the way they end this season makes me very worried about if there will be a 3rd season at all. Its just all too perfect, like in fairy tale: "and then they all lived happily ever after.... THE END" :-(

Don't say that, there will be another season.. There must be another season, and even if it takes many years, I'll be content just knowing that there will be another one, some time in the future xD
OosranSep 24, 2009 12:27 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 24, 2009 12:26 AM

Jun 2009
Give me more spoiler,,I love spoiler...

give me that kiss scene pic...^^
Sep 24, 2009 12:38 AM

Jan 2009
IZUMI64 said:

Oosran delivers, here you go : )
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 24, 2009 12:42 AM

Jan 2009
Heck I don't need to say anything, do I? 10/10 and I'll put myself into hibernation mode until S3.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 24, 2009 12:47 AM
Nov 2008
Thank You God. Finally Lawrence said ' i love you ' and kissed her[ although it wasn't a very deep kiss..blah...i wanted horo to blush just a little and to be more..uhm..idk..intense o.o] anyway...a kiss is a kiss. God heard my prayers...i said : 'God if by the end of the season lawrence doesn't admit anything or do anything..there's gonna be blood ' ...........now I'm definitely praying for a 3-d season.

Anyone who read the novels has at least a small idea if they have enough story to cover ?
Sep 24, 2009 12:49 AM

Aug 2008
Oosran said:
IZUMI64 said:

You call that a kiss?! XD
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 24, 2009 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
KyuuA4 said:
Oosran said:
IZUMI64 said:

Not really, but it's the only one that's in there : O
Sep 24, 2009 12:53 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
KyuuA4 said:
Oosran said:
IZUMI64 said:

not look like a kiss,,but thanks
Sep 24, 2009 12:59 AM

Sep 2008
I couldn't even find a kiss fanart, so please settle for this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2009 1:00 AM

Jan 2008
There's going to be a 3rd season cause they have to go after Abe & get their money back xp

Now that Horo knows Lawrence Loves her i can see them being Lovers & making out in season 3,
who doesn't want to see that?

Great Ending.

Sep 24, 2009 1:04 AM
Sep 2009
This Ending... I <3 it!!
]
Sep 24, 2009 1:15 AM
Mar 2009
IZUMI64 said:
Oosran said:
KyuuA4 said:
Oosran said:
IZUMI64 said:

not look like a kiss,,but thanks

Maybe its gonna get fixed in the DVDs..

Anyway, I was expecting a french kiss.
Sep 24, 2009 1:20 AM

Aug 2009
Ending was just beautiful...
Sep 24, 2009 2:20 AM

Dec 2008
God I love this show....I was so satisfied by this episode and this season I'm going to give this a 10 and raise last season to a 10. I like this show too much for it to be rated anything else.

I am definitely craving a 3rd season.
Sep 24, 2009 2:35 AM

Sep 2008
Uh ending was very lackluster in my opinion. The kiss and him saying I love you was very really uneventful and down played, wasn't as exciting as I thought.

also did Lawrence get hit enough? Almost had to report Horo for spousal abuse.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 24, 2009 2:44 AM

Jul 2009
Do want third series now.

I quite liked this episode, its a great opening for the new journey ahead. I wonder how many seasons there will be until Horo gets home.
Sep 24, 2009 2:46 AM

Sep 2009
Mmm... I love this ending xD. We have to wait too long for "I love you", but finally Lawrence confess his feelings, it was so cute :P.
This 'kiss' looks quite strange I hope that we'll see more in 3rd season xD.
Sep 24, 2009 4:26 AM

Mar 2009
It was great! I hope for next season will come quickly:X
Sep 24, 2009 4:33 AM

Oct 2008
Jigero said:
Uh ending was very lackluster in my opinion. The kiss and him saying I love you was very really uneventful and down played, wasn't as exciting as I thought.

also did Lawrence get hit enough? Almost had to report Horo for spousal abuse.

I agree with you - we waited for this long two seasons, and I expected more of it... Although Lawrence saying i love you to Horo and kissing her casually is much oa his style in my opinion I think Horo should be more surprised and react somehow to this... and yet she respond nothing to Lawrence confession, and after he kissed her she acted like he didn't at all... I'm a little dissapointed.

But more than anything i just can't forgive the animation quality... heck we even can't tell for sure if it was a kiss or not. :/ Well, I'm sure it was, but that makes it a worse animated kiss I've ever seen..
Sep 24, 2009 5:52 AM
Mar 2009
I think it was great... Im glad they avoided the cheesy hollywood kissing scenes, and went for something quick and realistic instead

Great ending, great season, need more
Sep 24, 2009 6:16 AM

Aug 2008
Well just as I predicted... I'm disappointed. Brain's Base proved that they're bunch of lame amateurs who shouldn't get any successful series in their hands. Another example that different studio equals failure. I'm to sad to complain, I love this series so I'll try to forget about this season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 24, 2009 6:17 AM

Oct 2008
There is definitely going to be a third season. No source, I just know. There is too much of the story left untold. If you ask me this ended just like I predicted, as a cliff hanger.

As for the kiss, it was uneventful and badly animated as already stated. Horo's complete lack of reaction and the casual nature of the kiss didn't do anything for me. The happy ending also kinda threw me off. But Horo's fluffy tail was very cute but her admission of weakness was nothing new.

Is it just me or does Horo have all the makings of high maintenance gold-digger. When confronted with the whole love issue, all she could think of was the money. Apparently even Wolf Goddesses won't date a broke bastard. *_*
Sep 24, 2009 6:23 AM

Dec 2007
Loved it, ending made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Oh, how long have we waited to finally get to see the confession? Also the part with Abe was in my opinion very well executed and very intense. In my opinion a perfect ending to this series which further solidifies OtK's position as one of my favourite anime franchises ever.

10/10
yakisobapanSep 24, 2009 6:40 AM
Sep 24, 2009 6:34 AM

May 2009
Finally saw the last episode.... and i've been waiting so long for the second season, and then for this final episode. And the kiss of course! :D
I have to admit I expected something more dramatic for the ending, but i'm glad that in the end they have same feelings for each other, and their relationship continues :)

Is there ANY source about the 3rd season? Cuz i personally think this is the end. Many anime end with a lot of potential for continuation but they never continue cuz they had a closure. And this anime also had a closure to it's story and the relationship between the two.
But if there is a source about the season 3 of Spice and Wolf, then there could certainly be one! :D Cuz there can certainly be more development, and a greater closure if they continue the story. Something about their final parting, or the struggle in Horo to overcome their differences and obstacles... something along those lines.
Sep 24, 2009 6:38 AM

May 2009
Lawrence seems to have some tricks up his sleeve.

Nice episode to end with, i think.
Sep 24, 2009 7:06 AM
Jul 2008
I loved every moment in this episode, and I can't wait for season 3 to come!
Score: 10
Sep 24, 2009 7:07 AM

Apr 2009
that was the worst kiss seen ever. There better be a 3rd series.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Sep 24, 2009 7:21 AM
Dec 2007
I must admit I didn't quite grasp half of the script of this second season, nor did I understand most of the character developments. Once again, just like the first season, this series is absolutely nothing without Horo, and Lawrence is as generic as he is shallow as a male protagonist. Still, animation was better than the first S&W and the direction was obviously one level above (thank you Brains Base!). Concerning this last episode, it was weirdly structured and I didn't understand the reactions of the characters, like in the whole arc. At least I loved the first 6 episodes of the series, too bad the rest was far less interesting and more formulaic. I gave it the same score as the first season: 8/10 (actually it was worth 8,5/10, but since halves are not allowed on MAL...).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 24, 2009 7:45 AM

Aug 2008
Jacut said:
Still, animation was better than the first S&W and the direction was obviously one level above (thank you Brains Base!).
You can't be serious.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 24, 2009 8:33 AM

Oct 2008
And so.. here is our ideal screenshot of the kiss scene. At least, I would've loved it more like this.

And yes, I edited it in Photoshop. xD I couldn't help myself. x333333

Sep 24, 2009 8:34 AM

Jan 2009
Le-senpai said:
And so.. here is our ideal screenshot of the kiss scene. At least, I would've loved it more like this.

Good job you've done there, looks alot better x3
Sep 24, 2009 8:38 AM

Oct 2008
LOL Thanks. I aim to please.

Sep 24, 2009 8:59 AM

Aug 2009
Such a cute finale for the season. 9/10 I say. Just because episodes 6 to 10 were so lame other than that it was awesome. Now get the third season done :3
Sep 24, 2009 9:09 AM

Oct 2007
Antanaru said:
Jacut said:
Still, animation was better than the first S&W and the direction was obviously one level above (thank you Brains Base!).
You can't be serious.
I know you don't want me to post those screenshots that you never want to see again.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 24, 2009 9:32 AM

Jul 2009
Siva said:
Antanaru said:
Jacut said:
You can't be serious.
I know you don't want me to post those screenshots that you never want to see again.

Do it, I'm curious :D
Sep 24, 2009 9:49 AM

Aug 2008
Bad. What a bad ending. Probably the most anticipated moment of the whole series is done in one of the most anticlimactic ways possible. And on top of that, Holo didn't reciprocate a bit, and the animation was terrible. It looked like two paper cut outs closing in on one another.

For an adventure, that whole piece of Spice and Wolf was non-existent, and it really does fail for that. I disliked the first arc running a few episodes longer than it should have, and I just didn't like this arc at all really (except for the "mystery" part which pretty much whimpered out), so I'm only left appreciating about 40 minutes worth of dialogue, which just isn't enough. On the bright side though, I'm bumping up the first season to a 7.

5/10
Sep 24, 2009 10:17 AM
Aug 2009
Yeah, this was a lukewarm episode. I agree that the series is going downhill, but at least there was "something" to this season thanks to this ep. If Horo can't reciprocate after all the crap she's put Lawrence through, the least she could do is tell him the reason why. If some diablo ex machina has to exist, why not tell the guy?

Horo's turning out to be a real yandere. I hope they change that around because I liked it better when she wasn't so predictable and one-dimensional. The guy comes in after coughing up blood and losing everything for her, and what does she do? She nearly knocks him out. He consoles her and explains how he feels, so she kicks him in the chest. What would she do if he actually saved her life somehow? Castrate him? I mean really.

At least Lawrence totally pwned Horo this time around. Turns out that Horo is even more of a coward than Lawrence is. I can understand his cowardice and hesitation - she's not exactly playing at this level and has been giving him some seriously mixed signals all season. So kudos to him for even making a move. Now everything involving their relationship is up to her, no matter how much "responsibility" she wants Lawrence to take.

I guess season 3 will/would be about Horo going through what Lawrence did this season?
Sep 24, 2009 10:42 AM

Feb 2008
that kiss was passive and weak....the confession seemed one sided. maybe season three will work to improve that front.
Sep 24, 2009 10:43 AM

Dec 2007
BashZeStampeedo said:

Horo's turning out to be a real yandere.

Were we watching the same series?
Sep 24, 2009 10:43 AM

Sep 2008
x3mslayer said:
Finally saw the last episode.... and i've been waiting so long for the second season, and then for this final episode. And the kiss of course! :D
I have to admit I expected something more dramatic for the ending, but i'm glad that in the end they have same feelings for each other, and their relationship continues :)

Is there ANY source about the 3rd season? Cuz i personally think this is the end. Many anime end with a lot of potential for continuation but they never continue cuz they had a closure. And this anime also had a closure to it's story and the relationship between the two.
But if there is a source about the season 3 of Spice and Wolf, then there could certainly be one! :D Cuz there can certainly be more development, and a greater closure if they continue the story. Something about their final parting, or the struggle in Horo to overcome their differences and obstacles... something along those lines.

Well the fact that they haven't even cover half of the light novel series so far, there is plenty of material for another season and then some.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 24, 2009 10:49 AM
May 2008
Awesome ending, but totally expected since it has been in the OP for the entire season. However, in all honesty I wouldn't have it any other way, no matter how cheesy that sounds I mean it.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 24, 2009 11:21 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Bad. What a bad ending. Probably the most anticipated moment of the whole series is done in one of the most anticlimactic ways possible. And on top of that, Holo didn't reciprocate a bit, and the animation was terrible. It looked like two paper cut outs closing in on one another.

For an adventure, that whole piece of Spice and Wolf was non-existent, and it really does fail for that. I disliked the first arc running a few episodes longer than it should have, and I just didn't like this arc at all really (except for the "mystery" part which pretty much whimpered out), so I'm only left appreciating about 40 minutes worth of dialogue, which just isn't enough. On the bright side though, I'm bumping up the first season to a 7.

5/10

And you know what it has the rank 44th which makes me go O_o

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 24, 2009 11:25 AM

Aug 2007
Nice episode. Animation could have been better... The bells ringing in the end were pretty double-sided. So... Lawrence actually did something. He finally got balls. Kudos for you. I wouldn't have been shocked if he actually fell down in that snow, making it a bloody snow, but hey.

Conclusion this season: Horo has a lot of moodswings. I liked the introduction of Abe and Amarti. Especially Amarti. Does he appear in more novels? (A) Anyhow, fine season. 8/10.

@siva: just being in the top 50 doesn't make it a really awesome anime or something. It's just what most people think, so it's ofcourse overrated, like all top 50 anime. I mean, just because Aria is in it, I started watching it, but I didn't like it at all, so I dropped it. There'll be probably plenty of people who don't like StW at all too.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 24, 2009 11:34 AM
Aug 2009
Charliehsv said:
BashZeStampeedo said:

Horo's turning out to be a real yandere.

Were we watching the same series?

Of course, I just think she's a mild yandere. Now that's clearly not sufficient to describe Horo, but there are some clear signs.

Sure she's cute and harmless on the surface, but just underneath she's pretty jealous and possessive, not to mention obsessive about making Lawrence rich with get-rich-quick schemes.

When Lawrence gets hurt she usually gets pissed and turns into a giant wolf and kicks ass.. and if Lawrence wasn't around to keep her from doing it she'd probably have killed quite a few people.

She emotionally abuses him quite a lot, though most of it is simply "tough love", yet when he abuses her back, she takes advantage of his kindness and gets him to buy her gifts or huge meals (one of the most realistic parts to the series, imho ;)).

She physically abuses him from time to time as well; she regularly stamps on his foot out of jealousy, and hits him pretty damn hard (twice) in this episode (almost knocking him out, despite the fact that he's already wounded).

She clearly loves him, yet cannot admit it openly for some odd reason (could be anything from mild mental disorder to some unexplained diablo ex machina).

So although she's not completely crazy, she's definitely got some yandere in her as far as I'm concerned..
Sep 24, 2009 11:35 AM

Aug 2008
DragonsWhip said:
just because Aria is in it, I started watching it, but I didn't like it at all, so I dropped it
You ask for smack across the face ;] And don't tell me Mushishi is overrated. Ah never mind.

Man, I really want to know how in the hell BB got to produce this season. I have no words to describe this decision.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 24, 2009 12:10 PM

Nov 2007
That was a good and cute ending with the kiss there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

209 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

133 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 16, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

188 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 16, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

290 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dbaranyi - Aug 5, 2009

203 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.