Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever had a hands-on encounter with a dangerous animal in the wild?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2014 5:09 AM

Dec 2012
geese n shyt

dem mufukas dont play they hiss n stuff
May 22, 2014 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
Emnay said:
I fought a lion once.

That must be a great story, do tell.

I want to know all the specifics. Time, place, emotions, everything baby.

Do not disappoint me by telling me that this is a lie.
May 22, 2014 5:20 AM

Jan 2011
Heredity said:
i live in australia, so probably. i've been in close proximity to a brown bellied snake, i believe.

The amount of times I've heard someone I know has had their dog die because one of those things slipped into their backyard.

In primary school one day we all had to stay inside because a snake of some type was loose around the playground.

Hoppy said:
I shot several rabid animals in my life including a couple of racoons with a bow.

Did it make good eatin'?
May 22, 2014 6:21 AM

Apr 2014
When I first saw this thread I got pretty excited! :3

I really love wildlife! Although I haven't really had a hands on encounter with a real dangerous animal, I have come across spiders such as, huntsmans, white tale spiders, redbacks, funnelwebs, etc.

One time there was also a red bellied black snake in our backyard, and that was kinda scary. One time there was also this massive snake on our car, I think it was a python.

In my backyard I held a blue tongue lizard as well! But they were only babies and where kinda cute. I also saw this massive grasshopper with these big nipper things! It was trying to bit me, and I was a little concerned considering I didn't know that they could bite, but I think it was because this one was freakishly big. It then vomited up its insides.

Today I was also at uni and I saw this random turkey walking around, so I started to follow it, but then it started chasing me D:

Overall, this is my experience with dangerous animals (even though most of these aren't considered dangerous).
May 22, 2014 6:35 AM

Mar 2011
We sampled insectivore bats and their bites are pretty painful from what I heard (because of their pointy teeth). Their high pitched cries were also pretty annoying while we were handling them.

I have also swam in beaches with sea urchins and jelly fishes but with goggles, they can be avoided.
May 22, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2008
ReaperCreeper said:
Heredity said:
i live in australia, so probably. i've been in close proximity to a brown bellied snake, i believe.

The amount of times I've heard someone I know has had their dog die because one of those things slipped into their backyard.

In primary school one day we all had to stay inside because a snake of some type was loose around the playground.

Hoppy said:
I shot several rabid animals in my life including a couple of racoons with a bow.

Did it make good eatin'?

I didn't eat them, I tossed them in the trash after I knew they were dead. I'm not sure about this but I was told as a child that rabies can be transmitted from the meat so I don't eat meat of any rabid animal that was killed.

May 22, 2014 1:07 PM

Feb 2014
Got jump kicked by a Kangaroo. Never in my life had I felt so Beta.
May 22, 2014 6:51 PM

Mar 2008
I was in the woods near my house and some large animals ran right past me about 8 feet away at a fairly high speed. Looked kind of cat like to me i did not really see a tail. I think it was bob cats.
May 22, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
I work at a vet.

Technically not "in the wild", but there are plenty of dangerous animals that I come into direct contact with and provide medical care for.
May 22, 2014 7:11 PM

Feb 2013
I caught a Copperhead by hand with zero training when I was 16.

Of course, it was latched onto the nose of one of my dogs at the time, so it was a little too preoccupied to care about me. She survived by the way. And she stopped picking on small creatures.

Probably the closest I came to getting legit fucked up though was when I was helping my mom with her gardening a couple of years later. I pulled up some of that black plastic stuff people lay down to cover soil and like 10 Black Widows fell out of it and landed on my arms. I was wearing gloves and long sleeves, but I still dropped to the ground and started pounding the shit out of them.
May 22, 2014 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
Hoppy said:
I didn't eat them, I tossed them in the trash after I knew they were dead. I'm not sure about this but I was told as a child that rabies can be transmitted from the meat so I don't eat meat of any rabid animal that was killed.

I know, just couldn't help making a redneck joke.
May 22, 2014 8:55 PM

Oct 2012
Do whores count?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 22, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
Katsumonogatari said:
Do whores count?

Were they dangerous whores?
May 22, 2014 9:35 PM

Feb 2013
When I was a kid, I charged a pack of racoons that had busted into our camping food. I was a picky eater and knew that if they got to the bread, I wouldn't be able to make pb and j's. Ain't nobody gonna jack my pb&j.
May 22, 2014 10:43 PM

Feb 2011
Katsumonogatari said:
Do whores count?

The ones on your computer screen dont count.
May 23, 2014 1:45 AM

Mar 2008
Since other people are mentioning a few things that arent even really in the wild I might as well ad that when i was a kid I was left alone unsupervised in a fenced in area with a mother wolf and her pups. I just pet the little ones and chilled out.
May 23, 2014 2:57 AM
May 2009
Most dangerous. Would be a lion. But they didn't pay attention to me.
The only encounter where I had to fend myself were mainly dogs. German Sheperd, was probably the most vicious one, But managed to get a good finger into its left eye before it could bite me. Got drool over me though.
May 23, 2014 5:12 AM

Jan 2013
Yes. Couple run ins with Dogs, I have given this learned to beat the shit out of them with my bare hands like a beserker, once hacked up a poisonious snake with a Kama (scythe). Had to warn people of a crocodile that was getting mighty fed-up with their shit and cheeto tossing ways.

Also I was once heald over a fence full of attack dogs by my feet, just out of reach for several minutes. Almost been attacked by one of the worlds most dangerous poisonous snakes three times now. As in they tried but got lucky.

Also digging in a field once, found a Coral Snake. Interesting how that little bastard is all over the world now. Seen various big game and predators local to my area.

I would say my run ins with humans have overall be more dangerous than wildlife.
May 23, 2014 9:58 AM

Sep 2012
Yep. There's been plenty of snakes under my bed/lounges and funnel webs in my pool.
The most dangerous encounter would come from when I used to work with a landcare group and stood on a red belly black.
May 23, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2014
When I was younger I lived in South Africa. I encountered many different deadly beasts while I lived there. But the most terrifying of them all was the Penguin. You may think this is ridiculous, but hear me out.

I was visiting Cape Town when I was very young and a group of deadly Penguins approached me. They kept giving me dirty looks. They were obviously looking for a fight, so I accepted the challenge. At first I was getting wrecked. I couldn't accept defeat from a group of punk ass Penguins, so I used my awesome knowledge of Dragon Ball Z and I went Super Saiyan. The fight soon ended, and I was victorious

I had done it... I had beaten the most deadly beast in the wild. The Penguin.

This story is actually true.
May 23, 2014 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
I've been bitten by a Rattlesnake before. Was guarding my sister from it but while doing that the snake lunged at my leg. Was painful but I'm happy I got to experience a poisonous snake bite.
May 23, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2012
Yea people. Most dangerous animal you'll find out in the wild o_o;

May 23, 2014 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
Hoppy said:
I'm fertile and ready for mating, Hoppy.

The only aggressive nature I've dealt with are rabid animals as well.

We have Widows and Recluses around, but nothing else is truly inherently more dangerous than say your average yellowjacket wasp.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
May 23, 2014 6:14 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah, was quite terrifying. I was in the kitchen not paying attention. There was a chocolate bar on the counter and I was hungry. So abiding by my hunger I grabbed it, opened it, and began eating it. Was quite good and I was about to take another bite when I felt something. Looking across the counter outside a glass door was a wild girl.

She was giving me the glare of death and in an instant I realized what I had done. This mysterious chocolate bar had actually been hers. She raised her hand and began opening the door to come inside. I had to think quick or I would be dead for sure. Giving into my flight response I chucked the chocolate bar at her as hard as I could.

Being lucky and a good shot it hit her right in the face. Though this did little except anger her more. She let out a terrorizing roar "What the fuck!". Though I was long gone from the kitchen as I ran like roadrunner. Going up the stairs 2 at a time like a ninja I eventually made it to the second floor of the house.

I could hear her right on my tail as she ran up the steps in a similar fashion. It was crazy how she could mimic my ninja skills step for step, though I didn't have time for that. I ran into my room and locked the door, grabbing everything in sight and putting it against it. I could hear her roaring and banging on the door "Hey! Fucker come out here!". Though I wasn't about to be tricked by that.

Grabbing my automatic nerf gun I stood there waiting. Eventually the noises faded and she retreated. I knew she would wait an ambush me if I left the safety of my room. Staying in it all day I waited until I saw her leave out front through my window. It was the closest I've ever been to death and I learned something that day. If you're going to eat chocolate break it in half before throwing it.

May 23, 2014 6:45 PM

Jan 2014
Astros477 said:
Yeah, was quite terrifying. I was in the kitchen not paying attention. There was a chocolate bar on the counter and I was hungry. So abiding by my hunger I grabbed it, opened it, and began eating it. Was quite good and I was about to take another bite when I felt something. Looking across the counter outside a glass door was a wild girl.

She was giving me the glare of death and in an instant I realized what I had done. This mysterious chocolate bar had actually been hers. She raised her hand and began opening the door to come inside. I had to think quick or I would be dead for sure. Giving into my flight response I chucked the chocolate bar at her as hard as I could.

Being lucky and a good shot it hit her right in the face. Though this did little except anger her more. She let out a terrorizing roar "What the fuck!". Though I was long gone from the kitchen as I ran like roadrunner. Going up the stairs 2 at a time like a ninja I eventually made it to the second floor of the house.

I could hear her right on my tail as she ran up the steps in a similar fashion. It was crazy how she could mimic my ninja skills step for step, though I didn't have time for that. I ran into my room and locked the door, grabbing everything in sight and putting it against it. I could hear her roaring and banging on the door "Hey! Fucker come out here!". Though I wasn't about to be tricked by that.

Grabbing my automatic nerf gun I stood there waiting. Eventually the noises faded and she retreated. I knew she would wait an ambush me if I left the safety of my room. Staying in it all day I waited until I saw her leave out front through my window. It was the closest I've ever been to death and I learned something that day. If you're going to eat chocolate break it in half before throwing it.

I think you forgot the punch line there, you know? The part about her being your sister or maybe your mom?
May 23, 2014 6:52 PM

Dec 2013
Jackrabb1t said:
I think you forgot the punch line there, you know? The part about her being your sister or maybe your mom?

Those are family girls, not wild. Plus if it were one of them I would never be able to leave my room D:
May 23, 2014 7:04 PM

Feb 2014
yes a bee in my house
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
May 23, 2014 7:17 PM

Dec 2013
A fucking giant millipede ran on my desk or then it was just my imagination. I was tired.
May 23, 2014 7:42 PM

Aug 2011
I was surprised by an alligator when I was fishing waist-deep in a pond about a year ago. It didn't attack me, but I barely caught it sink into the water a few yards ahead of me when I glanced up, and it was waaay too close. It might have been ready to attack me, but I just about flew out of that water and haven't gotten into or near a pond since then.

May 23, 2014 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
I had a coyote walk right in front of me when I was walking down the street one time. We just stared at each other for awhile and eventually he just left.
If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident. — Hei
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

93 by ArabianLuffy »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 4 hours ago

2 by deg »»
59 minutes ago

» Is fanart cheating?

spaceslut - Mar 5, 2023

42 by dreamingneon »»
60 minutes ago

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

18 by dreamingneon »»
1 hour ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

11 by juanlqr »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.