Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2017 12:27 AM
Oct 2016
Madam Red had done it Vincent Phantomhive but then with somebody else. The kid she was going to have could be Vincents but supposably ''he'' wasn't born yet as far as she knew. but maybe the child actually was born and got kidnapped in the hospital by the same people who kidnapped Ciel . since it would make Madam Red sad the doctors didnt tell her. Vincent Phantomhive was supposed to marry Madam Red but in the carrige accident since she wouldnt have kids ANYMORE to save her, AND the Phantomhive family had to continue. Vincent was with Ann's sister AKA the current Ciel's mom. The kidnapping and the house fire was on similar days in diffrent years. Ciel which is Madam Red's kid and the new Earl of Phantomgive AKA the current Ciel ended up in the same cage and founf out they were twins. YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY probably from the rest of the Theory.
Feb 1, 2017 12:28 AM
Oct 2016
YonebayashiSaiko said:
woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this is awesome
i always wondered why ciel never had any scars on his stomach or anything although i always thought it possible he was having a nightmare over what could have been him, but was the person he saw sacrificed instead. this is really interesting omg

He did though. on his back
Feb 1, 2017 2:06 PM

Nov 2011
CHALLANGE_ME_NEO said:
YonebayashiSaiko said:
woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this is awesome
i always wondered why ciel never had any scars on his stomach or anything although i always thought it possible he was having a nightmare over what could have been him, but was the person he saw sacrificed instead. this is really interesting omg

He did though. on his back

I think YonebayashiSaiko meant a scar from a stab wound. Sure he has the branding, but there was no mark left from when Ciel was stabbed in his stomach on the altar.

As we have seen in the green witch arc, Sebastian is not able to cure/heal everything, so one has to wonder why he has no wound if he was stabbed, if the two ciel theory is not real. However, I don't think that matters much anyway, as we see here he has no wound or blood on his front at all even while still in the kidnappers room, standing next to the pile of blood, with all of his other wounds still present.

Mar 17, 2017 7:21 AM
Mar 2017
Ok so i read through all of this, which convinced me of this theory, and i cant remember if this was pointed out but in chapter 113 Lizzy is seen at ciels side

If you notice the background it's different from the one our!Ciel is in. like at the tile's and the walls

And later when Sebastian fights Lizzy she says she can't go back to 'that side' not his but that. At first I thought nothing of it but then i saw this theory and it got me thinking... or am i looking to much into it..

Mar 20, 2017 2:26 PM
Jan 2013
Well with the most recent chapter, it looks like we'll be getting the reveal this arc.
Mar 21, 2017 10:25 PM
Mar 2017
OHMYGAWD my mind blowns
Mar 22, 2017 8:48 PM

Nov 2011
Thought I'd add what happened in chapter 126 in relation to the theory.

OmelettecatMar 22, 2017 9:07 PM

Mar 22, 2017 9:16 PM

Nov 2011
hopeless_light said:
Ok so i read through all of this, which convinced me of this theory, and i cant remember if this was pointed out but in chapter 113 Lizzy is seen at ciels side

If you notice the background it's different from the one our!Ciel is in. like at the tile's and the walls

And later when Sebastian fights Lizzy she says she can't go back to 'that side' not his but that. At first I thought nothing of it but then i saw this theory and it got me thinking... or am i looking to much into it..

I also think it's interesting that we can't see Ciel's eyepatch when Lizzie is visiting him. And of course they put our!Ciel in the same outfit as everyone else so it's harder to distinguish them right off the bat.

Mar 23, 2017 1:54 AM

Sep 2010
the 2 ciel theory is a interesting one and to be honest it was the first thing that came into my mind after reading the chapter, however there's one thing that makes me really doubt the 'twin theory' and that's Souma's reaction; if it was Ciel or a ciel - look - alike who visited him, knowing Souma, he'd probably jump all over 'Ciel', which he didn't - he stayed rather calm (for Souma - standards)

so that's when it doesn't add up anymore in my opinion...

but maybe I just don't want it to be a twin/look alike, since that would be too obvious and I like being surprised ^^'
Mar 23, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2010
This thread made me go back to continue reading after I dropped it long ago around the school arc. Nice theory. Very nice. I really like it and now I can't wait for the reveal. The latest chapter (126) with Agni's expression after seeing the burnt photo sent me chills...
Mar 23, 2017 11:48 PM

May 2015
Maybe I'm too simple but I think you shouldn't take his words literally. For me, the sacrifice was his soul - that Sebastian will collect when the revenge is finished. What he "left behind" or we see him run through (a bloody ciel, Madam Red,etc) is "his old self": the defenceless kid, the happy and cheerful one. Now he is a person that decided to abandoned his "humanity", his emotions to fulfill his revenge.
Sebastian was laughing because the situation + his words were amusing. Like the one with the light, he laughed because Ciel tries to appear all grown up but in the end he is only a child who needs someone to wait for him to fall asleep.
Apr 6, 2017 7:00 PM
Apr 2017
KuroYume-96 said:
the 2 ciel theory is a interesting one and to be honest it was the first thing that came into my mind after reading the chapter, however there's one thing that makes me really doubt the 'twin theory' and that's Souma's reaction; if it was Ciel or a ciel - look - alike who visited him, knowing Souma, he'd probably jump all over 'Ciel', which he didn't - he stayed rather calm (for Souma - standards)

so that's when it doesn't add up anymore in my opinion...

but maybe I just don't want it to be a twin/look alike, since that would be too obvious and I like being surprised ^^'

Althought the 2CT seems to be legit, I couldn't see Ciel's twin as the one who visited. In Soma's standards, the way he talked to the visitor is way too formal, and even if it really is Ciel's twin, Soma's first reaction will probably that he'll suddenly hug the twin, which he didn't. Lizzie is also out of the question because I think that his first reaction would have Agni to inform Ciel/Sebastian right away (though I don't know how he'll do that).
Apr 20, 2017 4:34 PM

Dec 2007
I hate twin/evil twin plots. They're always too easy. And after the last chapters this theory is finally starting to make a little bit of sense. And that upsets me even more because, no one ever in the 100+ chapters of manga ever speaks of a brother. And it doesn't make sense that our!Ciel would take his brother identity. I mean, after everyone is dead he is the heir, it finally didn't made a difference that he was younger. So why lie? There's really no evidence of a twin in earlier chapters, only now it is starting to look like it,and it feels desperate, like "let's just pull something so the story evolves, those guys on the internet came up with this wild idea, let's do that"
Apr 29, 2017 1:17 AM
Apr 2017
Honestly, I feel like people will attack me still but I don't like the twin theory. It's extra in my opinion, and I love Ciel so much even though it took me time to actually warm up to his character only need one.
I haven't really read the manga so what's up with my baby Lizzie? Is she at her breaking point already?
May 13, 2017 2:33 AM

Jan 2013
Woah woah it's so crazy and insane. Ok, it's original and interesting but I still hope it's not true idk why.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 13, 2017 2:35 AM

Jan 2013
Vivi_shan30 said:
Honestly, I feel like people will attack me still but I don't like the twin theory. It's extra in my opinion, and I love Ciel so much even though it took me time to actually warm up to his character only need one.

Don't worry I'm with you!

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 19, 2017 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, looks like we got some really interesting hints towards the two ciels theory in chapter 128.

OmelettecatMay 20, 2017 4:11 AM

May 20, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2010
it'd be hilariously disappointing if the picture that Agni found was just a picture of Sebastian, Ciel's dog
May 21, 2017 9:41 AM
Mar 2010
I fully support this theory.
riecchanMay 21, 2017 9:50 AM
May 21, 2017 7:46 PM

Dec 2007
I think this theory is pretty much confirmed, although I hate it, I did not want it to be confirmed. There's also something that bothers me, everyone assumes ourCiel is the younger and just assumed realCiel identity. But it makes no sense since everyone was dead he was the heir anyway.
Jun 15, 2017 3:42 PM

Apr 2011
add something for people who questions about madam's red past (the fault is on mistranslation) :

so for people who didn't like the two ciel theory is basically because: mistranslation of many on eng part because translator is on belief there's only 1 ciel, or the matter of taste.

that's all
Jun 16, 2017 8:34 AM
Jun 2017
The 2Ciel theory it's true it will be confirmed in ch 129.
On tumblr there is alredy some spoiler, but they are in japanese.
Jun 16, 2017 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
It's surreal to finally meet real!ciel
OmelettecatJun 17, 2017 7:27 AM

Jun 21, 2017 2:22 AM

Sep 2010
ChiYama said:

so for people who didn't like the two ciel theory is basically because: mistranslation of many on eng part because translator is on belief there's only 1 ciel, or the matter of taste.

guess it's really difficult to translate without spoiling too much
Jun 21, 2017 5:09 AM

Sep 2012
Iwas wondering why this topic was necroed.

Hmmm now all I can say is @ichii_1 it's genius.

Jun 21, 2017 6:41 AM
Jan 2017
SolitaryDarkness said:
Omelettecat said:

Haha yeah the ring clue is kind of gruesome, maybe I should have put a warning? Sorry about that. But I agree, taking it out himself seems like a very Ciel thing to do.

And I thought the brother clue was very sweet as well! Give me more cute Ciel little brother moments please Yana~

The fencing lesson is from chapter 58 (Here) when Lizzy is remembering Ciel being afraid of strong girls, during the Compania arc. But yeah haha that ones kind of a stretch gotta admit.

nah, I'm not thaaaaat flimsy xD either way since he probably couldn't have taken it from vincent's body/hand, this seems to be a possibily :)

they might happen if the lord phantomhive "that is still with us" ends up being ciel's (in theory) brother :D

ahhhhh, had completely forgotten about that xD well, it still is a bit of a stretch, though, yeah xD

I'm kind of confused about the fencing scene too. If their were two ciels then why did ciel remember that moment if he wasn't engaged to Elizabeth? The way he talked was like it was his personal experience but does that mean he was engaged to Elizabeth and did know her?
Jun 21, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
Naomiyaki said:
SolitaryDarkness said:

nah, I'm not thaaaaat flimsy xD either way since he probably couldn't have taken it from vincent's body/hand, this seems to be a possibily :)

they might happen if the lord phantomhive "that is still with us" ends up being ciel's (in theory) brother :D

ahhhhh, had completely forgotten about that xD well, it still is a bit of a stretch, though, yeah xD

I'm kind of confused about the fencing scene too. If their were two ciels then why did ciel remember that moment if he wasn't engaged to Elizabeth? The way he talked was like it was his personal experience but does that mean he was engaged to Elizabeth and did know her?

To me that memory looks more like Lizzy's than anyone else's. The majority of the chapter is in her point of view. And if that clue is to be believed and our!Ciel was sitting out, it makes sense he'd at least know about the conversation. But to be honest he's fibbed tons of things to act as if he knows something about the past he shouldn't- take the easter egg hunt for example. So here:

I can totally see that being Ciel just going with it and acting as if he remembers. He even goes "What?! What do you mean by that?!" like he doesn't get it at all.

Jun 21, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
KuroYume-96 said:

guess it's really difficult to translate without spoiling too much

idk for other people but for my case it's kinda necessary so people won't be too much in shock with the revealment or may people can dismiss it. beside the author had planned this since day 1. And in fact after new chapter came out many people were angry about this theory came true because they still deny that it not make sense at all.

but I don't want to blame the translator either because they did work hard with it.. but i just believe they were interpret there's only 1 ciel because how unaware they are with the mangaka positioning of all the mystery. So it's like mangaka trying to tricked w us too.
Jun 21, 2017 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
oh my god the latest chapter proves this!!!

Also, there's a theory that the twin is actually Vincent Phantomhive, Ciel's dad?
Jun 21, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
And it's confirmed after 10 years, good stuff "slow claps".
But it's also clear that RealCiel did die so the obvious next surprise is that RealCiel is a zombie.

SkyFullOfStars said:

Also, there's a theory that the twin is actually Vincent Phantomhive, Ciel's dad?

I've also heard it's Elizabeth dressed up like Ciel cause she lost her mind XD the denial is real.
ichii_1Jun 21, 2017 2:02 PM
Jun 21, 2017 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2017 9:40 PM

Apr 2011
for people who quite denial toward ciel twin theory should see Yana's editor being interviewed:
(aka the author had confirmed itself)

──原作では5月27日発売の23巻から「青の教団編」に突入します。その辺りの見どころもお伺いできますか。

「黒執事」は縦軸と横軸のある物語の作り方をしています。◯◯編というひとつのエピソードで楽しめる横軸と、章が終わる度にセバスチャンとシエルの関係性、またはシエルの生い立ちの物語が少しずつ進む縦軸がある。今章は、その縦軸の部分がダントツに進むように作りたいなと思っています。なので少し「黒執事」から離れていた人も、この機会に戻ってきてもらえるとうれしいですね。ただ僕らもコロコロ変わるんで、そう言いながら全然違う話になるかもしれないですけど……(笑)。

──In the manga, the “Blue Sect arc” will start in vol. 23, which is going to be released on 27th May. Can you tell me more about any highlights?

Kuroshitsuji is created as a story that has a vertical axis as well as a horizontal one. The horizontal axis consists of arcs that can be enjoyed as separate episodes, while the vertical axis is something that moves forward little by little throughout the series. For example, there is Sebastian’s and Ciel’s relationship that changes whenever an arc ends, or the story of Ciel’s past. In this arc, we’re planning to create a story in which said vertical axis moves forward a lot. So I’d be glad if people who felt a bit estranged from “Kuroshitsuji” took this chance and came back. However, we always change our mind a lot, so even though I told you all these things, it might turn out to be a completely different story… (lol)
[source]

Also Yana's comment on the blog of foreshadowing: [source]

So there's no way it just came out of nowhere and we all know yana had planned this since beginning.

(oh yeah bonus of Yana's comment about real!ciel appearances.)

ChiYamaJun 23, 2017 10:10 PM
Apr 21, 2018 10:58 AM

Dec 2015
And people are acting like this came out of nowhere lol.
May 3, 2018 7:14 PM

Jun 2011
I just came to the conclusion that the reason why Undertaker was so obsessed with zombie experimentation, stems from his obsession of wanting to recreate the real Ciel.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Yesterday, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

» I appreciate this not being a BL because...

Absurdo_N - Mar 20

7 by PeripheralVision »»
Mar 24, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 9 Discussion

Turbe - Oct 16, 2008

12 by Virtecek »»
Mar 10, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.