Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 22, 2009 6:28 PM
Mar 2009
Will there be a season 3? There is only one episode left, and it looks like a season finisher, but not a series ender.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2009 8:00 PM
Aug 2009
KayleL said:
Will there be a season 3? There is only one episode left, and it looks like a season finisher, but not a series ender.

That's probably up to the gods of ratings and merchandising. Anyone have any idea how the ratings are for SaW in Japan?

As I understand it, SaW may have enough of a following in Japan to justify another season. Given that enough interest existed to get a second season, two OVAs (maybe a third in the works), I would be surprised if there wasn't enough interest in a third season.

I'm certainly buying any official translations as soon as I can get them. Hell, the show has even inspired me to start studying Japanese, almost like a little kid wishing he could learn enough of it in his spare time to not have to wait years for the translations :)
Sep 24, 2009 1:09 AM

Aug 2008
Mazui said see you for season 3 at the end, though i dont know if there will be one, maybe it can be taken as a promise to do it if it happens.

Personally i hope so, i love the banter, and just love Horo. I feel like im being greedy finished 3 shows in less than 24hrs and i want another season of all of them. Hayate no Gotoku and 07 ghost being the other two.

Its hard not to love this show, i expect riots if they fail to bring a season 3.
Sep 24, 2009 1:14 AM
Mar 2009
Well there is at least 7 novels ahead. It only depends on the executives.

I hope that they are happy with the ratings.
Sep 24, 2009 6:40 AM

May 2009
I'm pretty sure they won't just leave it at this. The series has serious potential, and has garnered a pretty big following, it seems.
Sep 24, 2009 7:04 AM

Apr 2009
Maybe a OVA who knows. A part 3 would be awsome tho.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Sep 24, 2009 8:24 AM

Mar 2008
An S3 would be good, especially if it was up to the standard of S2 or even better.
Sep 24, 2009 10:22 AM
Jun 2009
THERE WILL BE A SEASON 3 Confirmed after episode 12 of season 2 YEY im so happy so yes there will be a 3rd season of spice and wolf.
Sep 24, 2009 11:54 AM

Jul 2009
Jonny12 said:
THERE WILL BE A SEASON 3 Confirmed after episode 12 of season 2 YEY im so happy so yes there will be a 3rd season of spice and wolf.

Well i think they wanted to say that .:IF:. there will be another season they will sub it...
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Sep 24, 2009 12:25 PM

Sep 2008
Saint_ said:
Jonny12 said:

Well i think they wanted to say that .:IF:. there will be another season they will sub it...

Yes i think thats how to translate what mazui said, if they make a season 3, he will sub it.

personally i too am hoping for atleast one more season, i can't but love Horo.
Horo will forever be my favorite furry :)
Sep 24, 2009 6:01 PM

Mar 2008
Why does everyone keep saying stuff like there WILL be a third season?

Sure, the novel is not done yet and the there are still plenty to talk about in the story, but there's nothing to confirm about the season 3 right?

People should realize what's the difference between "hope" and reality :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2009 6:07 PM
Aug 2009
kaminakun said:

Sure, the novel is not done yet and the there are still plenty to talk about in the story, but there's nothing to confirm about the season 3 right?

"It's possible your wish won't be fulfilled. But if you don't wish at all, it definitely won't be fulfilled."

Sorry, couldn't help myself :)
Sep 24, 2009 6:55 PM
Mar 2009
BashZeStampeedo said:
kaminakun said:

"It's possible your wish won't be fulfilled. But if you don't wish at all, it definitely won't be fulfilled."

That was good.
Sep 24, 2009 7:28 PM

Mar 2008
I don't mind people saying that they want a third season (I also want one), but it is misleading some people into thinking that a third season has already been announced.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2009 7:47 PM

Apr 2009
Hoping we'll see more in 2010.
Sep 24, 2009 8:04 PM

May 2008
BashZeStampeedo said:
kaminakun said:

OH SNAP XD That was good.

I honestly don't care if there is a third season or not though. If there isn't, oh well. If there is, I'll watch it for sure.

Sep 24, 2009 8:40 PM

Jul 2007
BashZeStampeedo said:
KayleL said:

That's probably up to the gods of ratings and merchandising. Anyone have any idea how the ratings are for SaW in Japan?

As I understand it, SaW may have enough of a following in Japan to justify another season. Given that enough interest existed to get a second season, two OVAs (maybe a third in the works), I would be surprised if there wasn't enough interest in a third season.

I'm certainly buying any official translations as soon as I can get them. Hell, the show has even inspired me to start studying Japanese, almost like a little kid wishing he could learn enough of it in his spare time to not have to wait years for the translations :)

Now that I think about it ... is Spice and Wolf even popular in Japan? Heck is Horo even popular amongst Otaku in Japan? <- Can anyone clarify that for me (and for some other ppl too!) ?
Sep 24, 2009 10:59 PM

Aug 2007
BashZeStampeedo said:
kaminakun said:

Kamina I'mma let you finish, but Bash had one of the best comebacks of all time.
Sep 25, 2009 4:55 AM

Jul 2009
BashZeStampeedo said:
kaminakun said:

Man that was nice xD

neverless said:

Now that I think about it ... is Spice and Wolf even popular in Japan? Heck is Horo even popular amongst Otaku in Japan? <- Can anyone clarify that for me (and for some other ppl too!) ?

Yeah, can anyone tell us if SnW is popular in Japan?
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Sep 25, 2009 10:47 AM
Sep 2007
MajorAddiction said:
BashZeStampeedo said:
kaminakun said:

Kamina I'mma let you finish, but Bash had one of the best comebacks of all time.

lol thats funny as....you know the word
Sep 26, 2009 3:18 AM

Jul 2008
If there IS a third season, I hope they don't ruin what respect I have left for the overall series and make it like the second season. The second season's plot was so weak in comparison to the first season that it was almost laughable.
Sep 26, 2009 3:40 PM
Jul 2008
While you're at it, make a Code Geass R3. Can someone put in spoiler what is happening rite now in the manga/light novel(or whatever paperback book it is)?
Sep 26, 2009 5:38 PM

Mar 2008
I demand there will be SaW3, therefor there will be SaW3, if they don't i will get group of otaku and go in front of their studio and complain
Sep 26, 2009 6:57 PM

Dec 2007
Yggdrasil said:
I demand there will be SaW3, therefor there will be SaW3, if they don't i will get group of otaku and go in front of their studio and complain
count me in ;d
Sep 26, 2009 7:13 PM

Sep 2008
Qrko said:
Yggdrasil said:
count me in ;d

私も=me 2
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 26, 2009 7:45 PM
Aug 2009
Zero_r2 said:
Qrko said:
Yggdrasil said:
count me in ;d

私も=me 2

I won't be able to make it physically, but if there is anything I can do from Canada then count me in :)
BashZeStampeedoSep 27, 2009 7:26 AM
Sep 27, 2009 5:49 AM

Jul 2009
Yggdrasil said:

Why complain? Let's kidnap their families, and demand SnW3! That would do the trick.
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Sep 27, 2009 7:50 PM
Mar 2009
confuser987 said:
While you're at it, make a Code Geass R3. Can someone put in spoiler what is happening rite now in the manga/light novel(or whatever paperback book it is)?

SaWIII is likely because their is still much more adventure to have. Holo still needs to go home. Code Geass does not. Even if you go by Lalouche is still alive theory, do you think he is going to be popping his face in politics again? So what's with the sarcasm?
Oct 1, 2009 11:43 AM

Aug 2009
MajorAddiction said:
BashZeStampeedo said:
kaminakun said:

Classic =D
Oct 1, 2009 11:46 AM

Aug 2008
kouk2002 said:
Mazui said see you for season 3 at the end.

Yes, as if a fansub group is a credible source of that information. :p
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Oct 17, 2009 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
Season 3 is a must. They still haven't covered Yoitsu and the moon hunting bear. :D
Mar 1, 2010 9:41 PM

Feb 2010
ya there should be a S3 of spice and wolf it was very Interesting. If it ends only 2 seasons that will be a real bummer, since you don't know whats going to happen to Horo and Lawrence.
Hiya, I'm a big fan of Wolf's rain and Spice and wolf, plus the Kyou Kara Maou! Series

I can't wait to see the 3rd season of Spice and wolf, I am so excited. I wish Studio Deen made more Episodes of KYOU KARA MAOU! and Kyou Kara Maou! R

Mar 12, 2010 9:36 AM

Oct 2008
They will most likely have a third season. The books are still coming out and there is a lot more story left. The end of the second season was not a series end type of an episode, but it all is depending on the ratings. People in Japan like Spice and Wolf enough to have it at least for one more season. I am crossing my fingers and checking every month or so for any news. If I find anything, I'll post it here. ^_^

Mar 27, 2010 9:23 PM

Feb 2010
man I hope for a third season of SaW that would be amazing.
Hiya, I'm a big fan of Wolf's rain and Spice and wolf, plus the Kyou Kara Maou! Series

I can't wait to see the 3rd season of Spice and wolf, I am so excited. I wish Studio Deen made more Episodes of KYOU KARA MAOU! and Kyou Kara Maou! R

Apr 1, 2010 9:34 PM

Nov 2007
KayleL said:
confuser987 said:

SaWIII is likely because their is still much more adventure to have. Holo still needs to go home. Code Geass does not. Even if you go by Lalouche is still alive theory, do you think he is going to be popping his face in politics again? So what's with the sarcasm?

I have to agree, there really isn't anything left to happen in Code Geass, Lelouch can't even show his face because it'd undo the outcome of Zero Requiem. To that effect, there's no foreseeable reason for him to appear under any alias either. You couldn't ask for a more definitive end to a storyline, it was very conclusive.

Although, there is a small group of people who watched all of Code Geass and still somehow failed to understand: 1) codes, 2) geass, and 3) the point of Zero Requiem. Because of this, they also failed to understand that Lelouch received a code from Charles, and as a result Lelouch is still alive at the end after being killed. They also didn't understand Zero Requiem at all, because half the point of it was to grant CC's true wish to love someone she'll never have to see die (so she'll no longer want to kill herself), and Lelouch dying would mean Zero Requiem failed (which it clearly didn't, since everything happened as he planned).

There aren't a lot of people who misunderstood all these things, but the small group who did has been extremely vocal and manipulative. As an example, they frequently cite an interview where a series creator supposedly said Lelouch is dead, but if you find and read that interview yourself (it's in Japanese), then you see that those people are blatantly lying and mistranslating what was said to try to trick people into believing they're right.

Given how disruptive and toxic this ignorant "Lelouch is dead" minority has become, and how zealously they try to defend and spread their complete inability to comprehend any part of the storyline, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we do get a Code Geass sequel someday just to set the record straight. If there's ever a direct Code Geass sequel, then Lelouch is 100% guaranteed to be the main character, and you can thank this small vocal group for being so obnoxiously wrong that a sequel was made just to explain the ending of Code Geass to them like they're 5-year-olds.

That said, for Spice and Wolf there's still a lot of storyline left, so there wouldn't be any issues picking it back up where it left off. Hopefully there will be a third season someday.
Azrael_XOct 21, 2021 10:32 AM
Apr 6, 2010 9:17 AM
Apr 2010
well if spice and wolf is not popular in Japan why would they release hand puppet merchandise from the show (most notably Holo). it must be doing well if they are capable of doing that.

here is the address of the article, it was released in may but states for an august release of the product
http://www.animeraku.com/2009/05/spice-and-wolfs-horo-hand-puppet.html
Apr 8, 2010 4:24 AM

Feb 2010
Cannot wait for season 3.

This is one of the most charming shows I've ever seen :)
Apr 11, 2010 10:10 PM

Mar 2008
There better be a season 3 or else.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Apr 15, 2010 11:27 PM
Jul 2009
Just a general FYI, seasons 1-2 covered books 1-5. The thirteenth novel was published a few months ago (a number of these have been collections of side stories). So the show could easily go two more seasons at this pace without finishing the whole story...

It seems the source material is popular enough to justify serialization, which tends to kill the odds of reaching a satisfying ending.

In any case, I suggest buying the english dvd's and novels if you want to support a future tv season. Those numbers will all be looked at, at some point, before that decision is made.
Apr 29, 2010 8:31 PM

Apr 2010
I'm hoping there is. Everytime I see the latest season listing without SnW in it and everytime I am left saddened =(. I really want more of such an awesome show and character.
Apr 30, 2010 9:54 PM

Dec 2009
Yep. I'm really hoping for a 3rd season soon but I haven't even finished Season 2 yet. xD Although, I don't mind to wait for it around next year or so for another book to come out.
May 22, 2010 3:34 AM

May 2010
IIRC the Blu-ray and DVD sales were decent/good, there have been a lot of merchandise stuff of Holo to buy. Important is that they end the second season in front of a boat. I don't know if there's anyone here to confirm it, but I heard that the volume after 5 was on a boat-chase to get Abe.

That solely would justify the chance of a 3rd season.
May 31, 2010 4:05 AM
May 2010
I never watched anime before, this one is the first I have ever seen. I watched it in the past few weeks. It was really good, it's a peculiar anime, but damn... really good. I hope with you'll for a third season, this anime truly deserves that.
Jun 26, 2010 5:05 PM

Mar 2008
israfel070 said:
Just a general FYI, seasons 1-2 covered books 1-5. The thirteenth novel was published a few months ago (a number of these have been collections of side stories). So the show could easily go two more seasons at this pace without finishing the whole story...

It seems the source material is popular enough to justify serialization, which tends to kill the odds of reaching a satisfying ending.

In any case, I suggest buying the english dvd's and novels if you want to support a future tv season. Those numbers will all be looked at, at some point, before that decision is made.

the show could be 6 seasons long possibly :O.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jun 26, 2010 5:14 PM
Sep 2009
If there would be a S3, the airing would start either near the end of August, or somewhere in October/November...
Jul 20, 2010 10:27 PM
Jul 2010
korisnik2007a said:
If there would be a S3, the airing would start either near the end of August, or somewhere in October/November...

Darn... Does that mean we have to wait till Oct now... Because there still hasn't been any confirmation of the 3rd season (and they aren't likely to spring it on us)...
Jul 27, 2010 12:12 AM

Mar 2010
Would so love to see a 3rd season.. Really want to see them reach Horo's home D:
Aug 20, 2010 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Suominatua said:
korisnik2007a said:

Darn... Does that mean we have to wait till Oct now... Because there still hasn't been any confirmation of the 3rd season (and they aren't likely to spring it on us)...

No we have to wait a long time even when 3rd season is airing...
Sure you can watch this (in my opinion) stupid speed-subs...
Aug 20, 2010 9:39 AM
Aug 2009
If it's Brains Base that will be working on it, my guess is that they are first going to work on a sequel for Baccano (if they aren't already doing that), and that they also have to consider another season for Durarara as well. Those two franchises are far more popular, so it's a long-shot for Spice and Wolf until at at least summer next year, at least the way I see it. But with any luck they will at least tide us over with an OVA (volume 4, anyone?).
Aug 27, 2011 12:50 PM
Apr 2011
So... any news on this?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

209 by patkarunungan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

133 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 16, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

188 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 16, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

290 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dbaranyi - Aug 5, 2009

203 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.