Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2014 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol priceless ending. The logic was pretty funny to figure out where or rather who the real Chili Pepper was imo
Jul 9, 2015 7:06 PM

Aug 2012
Great chapter, & I've got to be honest, JoJo's really nailing the emotion in this part, at least with Josuke. The conclusion with him walking with Joseph was really heartwarming. This arc, has been one of the strongest, if not the strongest so far. Everyone had a role to play & got a moment to shine, even if it was brief like Koichi helping Josuke out or Jotaro figuring out Akira's plan (which was awesome). Josuke stole the show here but Okuyasu was pretty entertaining too.
Aug 19, 2016 9:51 AM

Aug 2014
Awww! Josuke is such a nice kid :)

Lol at Okuyasu saying he would had bunch the both of them.
Nov 4, 2017 11:03 AM

Feb 2013
Akira was still alive, lol.
Okuyasu made the right choice, there's no point in thinking about who the Stand user was, if you get both of them the problem is solved.
Josuke was really sweet at the end.
Dec 30, 2018 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
What a sweet reunion.
May 20, 2019 3:13 AM

Aug 2017
Koichi was as useful in the battle as Speedwagon, I guess xD He didn't even utilize his stand. Although he helped anyway, so that's fine. Also, it seems like Echoes is able to switch between its appearances, interesting.

I wonder if our heroes we'll be able to get some information on the bow and error from Akira.
Jun 23, 2019 10:21 PM

May 2016
Okuyasu started the fight so it's only just that he'll get to end it as well. That Speedwagon Foundation guy's lucky that Okuyasu had his instincts punch the guy with the brightly-colored hair first.

Josuke genuinely cared for Joseph within so he didn't think about using Crazy D. So sweet ♡

Aug 21, 2020 12:34 PM

Jun 2016
Of course there was some hilarity in seeing senile Joseph give a kind Okuyasu a headache, but it was also sad. It shouldn't be sad, but seeing someone who was one of a kind deteriorating always brings up tears. Maybe it's a reminder of the human condition, no matter how great we are, we and our loved ones will fall, either quickly or at a snail's pace, but it will come. In line with this, my first thought was that Joseph is the type of guy to use his elderly state for comedy, playing jokes on people. He may still do that, but it's the epitome of holding on to the mastermind he once was in spite of reality.

My real emotions came out strong after this though, it was upon seeing Joseph excited to see his son, but unsure what he even looks like. It was upon seeing Joseph's sad acknowledgement that his son doesn't even talk about him, but acceptance in that fact because he has been missing from his life so it's par for the course. It's such a vulnerable and human side to Joseph we've never seen before.

Josuke reasonably feeling conflicted, as if this will be a random old man who came here to cause problems for him and his mom, made it feel even heavier. But it was this messy and sad buildup which made for Josuke taking his hand in the reunion, even making Jotaro smile, all the more powerful. Mistakes were made, guilt is felt, but there's still a chance for connection and Josuke is willing to take the first step. The decision to write Joseph as a cheater has had an incredibly strong emotional payoff already.

Seeing Okuyasu control his anger and give Akira a way out earlier in the conflict was my favourite moment of his. It showed how deep Okuyasu's understanding went, and how torn up he was. Acknowledging the good and bad of his brother, and understanding his own feelings while attempting to triumph over them with what he feels is right, to reject walking a path like his brother, killing for a "righteous" cause and being blindsided until you can't go back anymore. One could maybe read what he said as a bluff, he needed to get the bow and arrow, and ultimately he did swing, but because of how powerful this reading is, I will gladly stick to it. The reason I mention this is because we have now had my favorite Josuke moment as well, and because of that, this has to be my favourite arc, right?

Lastly, I found it incredibly surprising that this was set up as Okuyasu's fight,yet he didn't finish it. Because of that, I did anticipate him to get some kind of closure, or there to be some other unexpected purpose to that kind of writing decision. To ultimately get a chance to take Akira down himself, and to do so by planning to punch out both of the boys got a really good laugh out of me. It was another sweet aspect of this ending, and to be totally honest Okuyasu,it isn't that dumb of a plan. Literally everybody was onboard with it in Wheel of Fortune during Stardust Crusaders! It's pretty damn smart in all honesty.
Apr 18, 2023 6:50 AM
Oct 2011
Sometimes the simple solution is the best.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 4: Diamond wa Kudakenai Chapter 173 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 23, 2016

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:56 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 162 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:35 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 160 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:09 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 144 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

8 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 126 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21, 2014

10 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.