Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 17, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

That was actually kinda exciting with the way it was adapting. The OST was awesome I guess. Felt pretty Shafty still. Classic. That ending was kinda amusing.
May 17, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2012
I like the cover of Yuukei Yesterday and Headphone Actor

Good episode even though they cut out some parts
XushuMay 17, 2014 8:36 AM
May 17, 2014 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Really liked the OST but pretty average episode.
May 17, 2014 8:39 AM
Nov 2012
Still SHAFTY, yes. But that doesn't matter much.
Anyways, review on the episode. The graphics have been overall improved and standard over the last few episodes, tho still weak compared to other adaptations they're doing like Nisekoi that is currently still ongoing. I can see a lot of lazy work they're doing with still characters with only the mouth moving, background scenes still for seconds and stuff, hope they're going to do the action part right(Outer Science part you mean). The soundtracks are great, didn't expected the OP and ED to be Headphone Actor and Yuukei Yesterday.

I'm surprised that they managed to move the plot forward so much in one episode, using up even the time for Shinigami Record(The monster story), thought that was a good move. It's good to see how they're taking time for each part of the story, leaving the next episode Konoha's State of World with the continuation of Headphone Actor(I made the conclusion based on the preview). Which means, leaving the feels to grow in next episode instead of sticking it in one episode leaving no feels like they did with Kagerou Days(Thought they might further explore this part in future episodes).

Still much hype for next week, no high expectations tho.
May 17, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2013
With Hanamonogatari postponed to August 16 and Nisekoi ending in a week.... the animation of MCA improved quite a bit (THANK YOU SHAFT, KEEP IT UP PLEASE)

Badass Shintaro (3 years ago)
Shitnaro Kisaragay (now) XDDD //imsosorry

I love Kana Asumi's voice acting as Takane QuQ but Haruka's voice somehow doesn't fit right? Ah oh well, there's still that 3rd person >:D<

The animation in the OP is so much better than most of the episode? I wish it was kept at that level though. Shaft, you better fix this for the BD's.

Again with the walking but not really walking animation.

Headphone Actor game OST is really nice. Will MCA have an official OST release?

I'm sad that they cut off those scenes which made Haruka adorable and lovable and sweet and kind and caring... maybe they'll add it in on Konoha's State of the World, next episode?

Headphone Actor and Yuukei Yesterday by LiSA. LISA. LISAAA!

I like Headphone Actor more than Rising Hope (Mahouka OP) right now xD
UitchouMay 17, 2014 11:59 AM
May 17, 2014 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
It was a good episode. Just wondering why they left out the gore (in the game), would've been more fun to watch. Haruka and Kido were really cute tho.

Yuukei Yesterday sounded really good!

Next week is Konoha no Sekai Jijou, which I'm looking forward to.
May 17, 2014 9:36 AM

Apr 2012
I can't help but tear up a bit towards the end...
this is my OTP... mah OTP QwQ

ahhh I love that they used Headphone Actor for the OP and Yuukei Yesterday for the ED
builds up the tatatarata feels QvQ

nice job Shaft, I'm so happy that you didn't butcher this part of the story (and I mean that in a not sarcastic way... I am genuinely grateful)

They cut out some parts and left out some details >.< but it was okay I guess?
I've always wanted to see Haruka in his underwear animated
too bad though... //bricked
(much pervert I know ehehehe)

Hopefully viewers who are new to the series are not too confused with the way things are going(or at least they should be used to it by now ovo)
and it's actually hinted who these new characters are (or at least who they'll turn out to be) based from the voice actors ovo/
May 17, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
Another good episode hope we can find out how Ene turned artificial.

Mca is getting better each episode .
May 17, 2014 11:05 AM

May 2012
Wow they didn't completely fuck up.

Must say that I really enjoyed this episode. Loved the beginning. Happy they showed Ene running away from everything thing like in the song. Now they did skip a lot of stuff, but Shaft came through with the gaming part. The game animation was good and they showed Kido and Kono. Really happy they connected back to last episode to. Also having Yuuki Yesterday at the end with the montage did it for me. Overall they really came trough this episode.

4/5 can't wait for next episode.
May 17, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
Wait what?!? That is Takane (Ene), how did she become a program.
Well more characters to the cast, Ene was a pretty good gamer.
Kido using a sword in a shooting game xD
Shintaro is an awesome sniper, perfect in the game!
So stuff like these happened in the past... something is wrong with Haruka though.
May 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Sep 2013
Meh. Neither good or bad, just meh for me.

It's not really the episode's fault though, it's mostly my dissinterest for Headphone Actor and Yuukei Yesterday that made me think that: I'm probably alone here, being a fan of the songs and not caring about Ayano, Takane and the like in the slightest but then again, that's not the anime's fault.

Haruka was pretty cool and I really liked Kano and Kido's appearances, especially seeing that Kido was shy back then (lol). Beyond that, I'm more interested in the next episode and the stuff that's happening in the present with Konoha who has somehow become my favorite character from the show even though I liked Kano before.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to Konoha's State of the World since it looks like stuff will get serious there. I was kind of disappointed when they took out the story thing in the end but now I'm cool about it since I get why it had to be done.
May 17, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2013
Things are definitely getting a lot more interesting for me starting from this episode. Really wondering how Takane becomes the current Ene and Haruka the weird white being we all know today.
May 17, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Really enjoyed it. Yeah, they did cut quite a lot (they adapted about 5 chaps after all XD) But I still liked it a lot :D And using those 2 songs as OP & ED was nice :D

Shy Kido was soooo kawaii <3 U'd never believe she's the same person as now XD
And Dat sword hehe.

Shintaro showing how BA he is XD Absolutely OWNED Takane with a perfect score XD Dem Sniping skills :O And the animation during that battle was quite top notch.
Also, it's funny how they showed the reason Takane (Ene) calls Shintarou "Master" XD He hasn't realized it though XD

Loved seeing more Ayano :3 and some nice interaction between all 4 of them ^^
Haruka at the end :(

Nxt ep should be good and quite sad if they do it right! And since Nisekoi will be ending nxt week, looking forward to the animation during Outer Science if it happens :P
May 17, 2014 11:31 AM

Feb 2011
Barion-Zara said:
since Nisekoi will be ending nxt week, looking forward to the animation

Exactly what I thought lol

VanishingKira said:
Shintaro using his NEET experience to good use.

Pretty sure he wasn't a NEET at that time yet. He was in middle school at that time. He's 18 now with 2 years NEET experience.

This episode felt so much better than the others. Let's hope it keeps getting better! (I'm sure it will)

It's great how they got LiSA to sing both songs!
May 17, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2013
Good episode. That shooting game looks fun. Looks like Haruka is getting sick at the end. Hope he's gonna be okay.
May 17, 2014 11:52 AM
Mar 2011
wattt was the song at the end lol. is it something new or part of original kagerou project
May 17, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
Loved this episode, this arc is only like the reason I was looking forward to MCA! XD

Haruka and Takane are adorkable as always. :3 Can't wait for Konoha's World Affairs next week!! (should expand on a lot, since even in the PVs, LN and manga it's kinda vague as to how Haruka became Konoha...)

I loved the little glimpse we saw of Haruka playing Dead Bullet with Konoha as his gaming character! X3

I do have a few little nit-picks though...

I imagined Haruka's voice to be more cutesy, but I still like what we got. They did cut out on an awful lot of plot, but that can't be helped really seeing as they have to fit it into one episode. I just wished they had shortened the cultural festival scene and exchanged it for more of the things that were skipped out/shortened at the beginning and end.

And I wish they had mentioned how Haruka and Takane got their gaming names (Konoha and Ene), and above all that they had expanded on Haruka and Takane's respective illnesses, and why they were a class of two and whatnot. Haruka was mentioned to be frail briefly at the beginning, and Takane's wasn't even brought up at all.

Aside from that, great episode! Shy Kido is Cute Kido!!
May 17, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2010
I still don't know entirely what's going on, but its beginning to become a bit clearer. I do want to know how Takane and Haruka became Ene and Konoha though, I hope that gets explained soon. They know what they are doing, so I just have to sit back and take it all in, until they are ready to reveal the big picture.

Also shy Kido was adorable!
cyclone1993May 17, 2014 12:03 PM
May 17, 2014 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
Headphone Actor and Yuukei Yesterday really caught me off guard.
Takane was awesome.
Shy Kido XD.
More Ayano and Shintaro :DD
May 17, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2012
This anime is so rushed and dull compared to the manga, shaft did a terrible adaptation this time...
May 17, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
Still have no idea what is going on o_o but nice music i guess

May 17, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Yay, they did not a half-bad job this time =) also, episode became automatically better because i ship HarukaxTakane like FedEx.
Next time Konoha's State of the World huh...*crosses fingers* this is one of my favourites.Please SHAFT, do better job than you did with Kagerou Days.
Nice end cards too.

Thechaser said:
This anime is so rushed and dull compared to the manga, shaft did a terrible adaptation this time...
It's still better than some of previous episodes tho.Rushed, but they didn't totally ruin it, but well thats just my opinion.
incompleteAEGISMay 17, 2014 12:21 PM
May 17, 2014 12:19 PM
Mar 2013
As someone who didn't read the LN, I have no idea what's happening
And I still love this so much. I love the completely weird side of this anime.

Also Shaft.
I feel like even a 20 hour documentary on poop by shaft would be awesome to watch.
May 17, 2014 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
Wonder how ene became a computer avatar…

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 17, 2014 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Greatly done, got nothing else to say.
May 17, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
The opening scene was awesome. Also, I really liked seeing the four of them together at the end. Kido was adorable in this episode!
May 17, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2013
My thoughts after this episode:
The teacher(to lazy to search for the name) is good with computers, we saw Haruko getting sick, maybe the teacher saves him by making him a cyborg? And the same goes to Ene, maybe she deys somehow, and teacher makes an artificial mind of her?
May 17, 2014 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, it was nice to hear Headphone Actor as the OP.
wow gay
May 17, 2014 12:51 PM

Apr 2014
I actually liked this episode, although some parts were cut off. I knew Headphone Actor was gonna be here, but not as op. Then Yuukei Yesterday as ed surprised me. The covers for both songs were great.
I'm also happy Ayano was there.
Red is the color of a hero
May 17, 2014 12:56 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I was surprised to hear LiSA singing, but it was great. They did cut out a bunch of scenes from the manga, but most of it was just the Takane, Haruka, and the teacher preparing the game for the festival, which isn't completely necessary to the story progression. Nice seeing Kano, Kido, Shintaro, and Ayano, I especially liked the nice and fun montage at the end with the upbeat song. Except the ending...Haruka :(
May 17, 2014 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
Shooting at flying Kyubeys is fun.
May 17, 2014 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Everything is starting to connect and piece together slowly as each episode is released. We see the origin of Ene and how she met Shintaro (and also why she calls her master for some reason lol.) Hope towards the end I can understand the story fully :]
May 17, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
I understood a bit more about the plot but it only made me more confused.

The waiting is infurious
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 17, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
Lady_Grimm said:
I really liked this episode! I'm guessing the rest of Headphone Actor will be explained next episode.
That end, though it wasn't as tragic as it was in the novel, I'm still crying. . .

(I wonder if they'll combine Konoha's State of Mind with Outer Science just as they did for Headphone Actor and Yuukei Yesterday)

I doubt they will combine Konoha's State of Mind and Outer Science (I may be wrong). They would make Outer Science its own episode to show, well, you know what happens. I think next episode is still a flashback like this week's episode, so they won't put Outer Science with it
Red is the color of a hero
May 17, 2014 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. That shooting game looked so much fun.

Shintaro was one good sniper.

This episode was based on the past before Mekakushi-Dan was born and how Takane and Shintaro first met.
removed-userMay 17, 2014 2:40 PM
May 17, 2014 2:02 PM

Sep 2013
rowdyboy said:
wattt was the song at the end lol. is it something new or part of original kagerou project

The song was Yuukei Yesterday by Jin :)

really enjoyed these last two episodes (must be because of episode 4)

Can't wait for next week~
May 17, 2014 2:03 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
What a splendid episode
Awesome cover of Headphone Actor as the opening
Awesome cover of Yuukei Yesterday as the ending
This is straight adapted from the manga.. not sure about the LN.
They skipped a lot of the prep stuff for making the game.. but they made up for it by showing actual gameplay which is nice.

NO SHINIGAMI RECORD D: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
May 17, 2014 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
He wasn't even a NEET when he still was in middle school

VanishingKira said:
The game was pretty entertaining to watch.Shintaro using his NEET experience to good use.

Shintaro still hasn't realize Ene is Takane and haha that's why Ene always like to play prank with him since she has a bit grudge at him.
Shooting game animation was a top notch I like it.
and Kido was so damn adorable.
Shintaro still have that horrible attitude but he is a damn good gamer.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 17, 2014 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode once again :)
Need more Ene episodes though.
May 17, 2014 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Whoa, Shintaro was pretty tough back in the day.
May 17, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
Very good episode, I really like Takane and the animation was very well. Is that Hibiya talking in the endcard?

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ZelotMay 17, 2014 8:31 PM
May 17, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2013
Interesting episode, I hope more things get explained better since I haven't read the manga.
May 17, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
they compressed headphone actor + yuukei yesterday into one episode so we didn't get to really see haruka and takane's relationship develop so the yuukei yesterday song was fairly low impact and rushed :d

oh well, at least the show is getting better ^^
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
May 17, 2014 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
It was good again this week, I thought we might see a little more about what happened to Ene but maybe that'll be covered next week. Either way I'm looking forward to it.
May 17, 2014 2:54 PM
May 2014
I loved it, the parts where the other characters appear out of nowhere are great. Plus Shintaro is my favourite character so it was nice for him to come in, especially as he was so mysterious and badass!
May 17, 2014 3:03 PM
Mar 2013
wow Shintaro was kind of a sexist prick back in the day
oh well, this was an okay episode. There needs to be more explanation for anime-only watchers
May 17, 2014 3:40 PM
Jan 2014
5Wishes said:
There needs to be more explanation for anime-only watchers

I really hate to say it, but you do need to read the manga if you want to know more. It covers a few things that the anime implies you already know sort of. I mean, it's watchable, you'll just be a bit confused on the abstract episodes like the heat haze, and be missing out on a few plot points. Like when Konoha says he's only there because he's been missing so many days of school, that was because he had an unknown illness that caused him to have random "attacks" (like heart attacks or something, it doesnt specify) that caused him to go to the hospital for awhile. I don't get why the anime didn't explain that.
May 17, 2014 3:51 PM

Jun 2013
This was a great interpretation of the song (for a Shaft anime). Even though they skipped alot of the backstory of this arc that the manga uses, it was a pretty good spreed through. I just feel sorry for the audience who hasn't seen the Kagerou Project who is most likely more lost then Kohona is in general. This is becoming less of a anime for everyone to see and more of an anime Kagerou Project fans are wanting to see.
May 17, 2014 3:57 PM

Sep 2012
Nice cover of Yuukei Yesterday.

Shintaro is really good at sniping.
May 17, 2014 4:14 PM

Jul 2012
This is the most enjoyable episode so far for me. At the very least it was entertaining for the most part unlike the others.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.