3It was OK
8.9%
2Disliked it
3.7%
1Hated it
5.2%
Average 4.4
518 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 17, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the weird hair style girl became the heroine. Fiance girl wants to get the role so bad that she asks her to change the role and get in the way of the practice. And the main girl is trying to avoid him. Now the misunderstanding of the photo is solved by the teacher mentioning. Her hair is not weird hair style anymore with Juliet look (more good looking). The pair is getting worse with the argument.

She got hurt from saving a girl, and fiance girl is sick at home, so main girl is the one to replace her. Misunderstanding solved when the main girl being honest about what she thought about his thought of her.

One more ep. (excluding OVA).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 17, 2014 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
Oh this arc is looking more fun than I had thought now. It could be a bit rushed. I might have to read the manga again for this part but it's funny so far. Raku looks better than I had thought in his outfit for his role.
Stark700May 17, 2014 8:17 AM
May 17, 2014 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
Adaptation of 1/2 chapters 46 [Dramatic Play], 47 [Together] and 48 [Curtain Raiser].

Chitoge continues being a Tsun while Kosaki and Raku progressing for the show. The misunderstanding about the photo is finally solved.

Onodera in Juliet is Kawaii ! But like usual w/ Nisekoi, nothing goes as planned; some event led Chitoge to take Onodera's place. Don't worry for her though.

Some SHAFT mode Marika

Ending is coming

Hope seeing
as teaser for S2.
VeryNicePersonMay 17, 2014 9:12 AM
May 17, 2014 8:46 AM

Oct 2013
I can't believe there is one episode left.

Raku and Chitoge...and the feels when Chitoge talks to Raku
Also irony is a pain. Sorry Marika lol
May 17, 2014 9:28 AM

Feb 2013
Glad she sprained her ankle, she was having too much screen time anyway
May 17, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
Quite a bit of a melodramatic episode this time around. Chitoge beating around the bush was a bit annoying for a second there, but at least it got all sorted out by the end.
May 17, 2014 9:31 AM

Aug 2012
Figures. Even after getting a taste of her own medicine (recalling that she's the one who pulled the tsundere card on Raku first), Raku was still the one who came forward first.

If only Onodera had gone on stage as planned.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
May 17, 2014 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
That was a nice ending, really sucks that Onodera hurt her ankle. Only 1 more episode now cant wait to see how it all ends.
May 17, 2014 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
So the last episode would be the play.
Kosaki's misunderstanding is fixed. She boldly took the role, and her reactions when Raku spoke his lines >.< That accident though T.T
Marika understood Kosaki's intention :D
Chitoge and Raku conflict, they both being stubborn for their reasons, glad Raku finally decided to take the first step. At that moment through, when Chitoge was just about to give up on it.
Still... it was unpleasant to see them basically ignoring each other. Glad they made up, they both don't hate each other at all, but Raku was still honest at the end ^^
The costumes, now we will see Chitoge in the play. I liked the leaning on each other's back! The grand finale is in a play.
May 17, 2014 9:36 AM
Jan 2014
Some misunderstandings got clear in this episode.
Claude sure looks ready to take action.
Too bad Onodera sprained her ankle, I really wanted to see her play as Juliet.
So #TeamChitoge is going to enjoy the next episode more than #TeamOnodera.
Wish it didn't end in the next episode, but oh well atleast we've got an OVA and a possibility for S2.
May 17, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2011
This is what I hate, that Onodera's thunder with a sprain... but so glad Chitoge stopped brooding over this.

The end card is cute! Dunno which artist it is though but I have seen this style.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
Too much drama -.- But at least it got solved finally.

Also nice to see Kosaki finally get rid of her picture misunderstanding.

Kosaki looked really cute in her dress. Too bad she won't act but oh well, Chitoge's got plot armor with even Marika going sick.
May 17, 2014 9:42 AM

Nov 2008
I just noticed that this is just 20 episodes. I was looking forward to 4 more. Why did they cut it down to 20?
May 17, 2014 9:45 AM

Oct 2010
Chitoge has been such a bitch lately, but this was ridiculous, Raku didn't deserve that slap at all.

She vehemently said she hated him last episode BEFORE Raku said what hurt her, she starts acting cold and turns down the play whilst hiding the reasons why, she says she wants nothing more to do with him, saying all these hurtful things while he was just trying to see what was wrong, so when he finally has enough of her shit she slaps him? Nah man, Chitoge needs to sort out her attitude.
May 17, 2014 9:48 AM

Jul 2010
Wasn't a big fan of this ''arc'' in manga, and it looks like animated version is not really going to change my opinion much.Marika tho♥

R- said:
*cough* i know right *cough*
May 17, 2014 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
F*** that slap kind of hurt, some dramatic atmosphere on Raku and Chitoge. It seems that the anime will end on Chapter 50 from the Manga after the Romeo and Juliet school play.

Raku and Chitoge's feelings felt kind of strong here. I just felt how hurtful these two been through after the previous episode. But at least they made up at the end, and Raku doesn't really hate her.

Damn Kosaki has to sit out on the school play, but Chitoge is there to save the day. Let's see how they play it out in the last episode.

May 17, 2014 9:51 AM

May 2012
Break up to make up.

Pretty good episode. I liked the drama between Raku and Chitoge. They really were into their feelings this episode. Happy that she just finally came out and said what was wrong with her. Feel bad about Onodera spraining her ankle. Sucks because I really wanted to see her play Juliet. Oh well.

Next episode is the last kinda sucks.
May 17, 2014 9:52 AM
Mar 2014
Chitoge is ridiculous and annoying as hell. She instigated Raku's response and didn't take it as a joke (as intended) and still flips him off for it. She's basically pissed at Raku even though it's completely her own fault. I hate hypocrites like her. And even then, Raku had to take the first step to making up their relationship. She was too much a coward to do anything even though she was upset and unsatisfied. And she still had the nerve to slap Raku?

On the other hand, Onodera is trying to mend Chitoge's relationship with Raku as a friend even though Chitoge didn't think even once how other people would think about her actions. She took the role of Juliet without even considering Onodera's feelings...

I don't understand why people like tsunderes if they're like this. It's annoying. Some anime have just mild tsunderes who at least admit their feelings to themselves and don't create massive anger and frustration, but Chitoge really crosses the line.

This definitely boosted my spot on the Onodera ship... Chitoge is just infuriating and ridiculous.
May 17, 2014 9:56 AM

May 2013
I don't believe this. Only one episode remains for this series.

Raku and Kosaki being paired up in the play. Chitoge still gives Raku the cold shoulder. I guess Raku broke her heart.
An angel just fell before Raku. A cute angel. Kosaki looked gorgeous in the Juliet costume. The slap Chitoge landed on Raku, looked like it hurt bad. It was so loud everyone in closed rooms heard it.

I was expecting something would happen to prevent Kosaki to perform in the play. A sprain? Seriously? Why did she try be a hero? So close even.
I guess Chitoge was born for Juliet's part. Finally clearing some misunderstandings. Getting back to the usual relationship between Raku and Chitoge.
CreamZiMay 17, 2014 10:00 AM
May 17, 2014 9:57 AM

May 2013
Wow just noticed there was one episode left. Glad that both of them patched things up. Next is the Romeo and Juliet play.
May 17, 2014 9:58 AM
Jan 2013
One more to go.
May 17, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode though it was a little convenient how Onodera sprained her ankle and Marika happened to be at home ill, when she seemed perfectly fine just the other day.

Still, Onodera looked soooooo cute as Juliet :3

Some good Chitoge x Raku drama and development. Drama was handled well.

8.5/10 episode. If this gets a satisfying conclusion I'll stick with solid 8/10 score for this series. It's obvious this is getting a 2nd season and they will probably announce it very soon.
May 17, 2014 10:11 AM

May 2012
Wtf, why would they let a student climb a ladder that high? Is the school trying to get hit with a lawsuit?? I was totally looking forward to see Onodera play Juliet.

One more episode left, good thing too because I'm getting rather tired of all the beating around the bush by this generic romcom.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
May 17, 2014 10:17 AM

Feb 2012
Onodera and Marika just lost their "once in a lifetime" chance to get suuuuuper close with Raku!!

Onodera with pretty long hair was drop dead gorgeous!! TOTAL HEARTTHROB!

Glad the issue with the photo is solved!

Can't believe Chitoge slapped Raku. Wish she could be more honest with her feelings like Tachibana! It's funny how in the previous episode she declared she hates him and loathes him, but when he rejects her, all hells breaks lose and goes b*tch slapping Raku. Hated her for being so EMO, but I still like Chitoge nonethess! Just glad they made up!

Shipping for Onodera... But also shipping for Chitoge.

Just noticed in 14:26, when Chitoge b*tch slapped Raku and they started showing those in the classroom, Tsumugi's figure was HILARIOUS!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! ONE MORE EPISODE LEFT!!! Why, oh why SHAFT, did you plan to make only 20 episodes?
jbeatMay 17, 2014 10:43 AM
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 17, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it. Kosaki got sprained by that shit accident...
She totally practice the lines for the play...
But in the end Juliet role would be returned to Chitoge...

If The last episode of this anime would be an ending for Chitoge... I'll hate this forever...
Promise is a promise that shouldn't be broken... Hell the locket was still missing,
I wonder if the locket would be back in the last episode... Maybe I need to read the manga now.
RayzerMay 17, 2014 10:29 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
May 17, 2014 10:26 AM

May 2013
Chitoge doesn't care if people lose their lives in a turf war, just because a guy she is consistently abusing and being a bitch to says she is not his type...
May 17, 2014 10:36 AM

Nov 2013
Meh, Chitoge leveled up as bich even more , he should have tried to ask Tsugumi/Ruri to play Juliet, before asking her.
May 17, 2014 10:44 AM
Mar 2013
Chitoge notice that she has this 'weird' feelings toward Raku and ask a question to him in episode 18. She ask "will it work out if we were really dating?" to Raku, she really mean it, like SERIOUSLY and expect a good response from Raku. But Raku instead response that it won't work out, Chitoge isn't his type of girl, VIOLENT, and etc2 that they would fight each other. Chitoge was upset after listening to Raku answer and thought it would be best she end this FAKE relationship with Raku BECAUSE it won't work if they really were dating with each other in the future.

I AM NO GIRL, but I think a GIRL like Chitoge maybe experience first love in her teen that caused her to act that way. She's a princess, a spoiled kid that is. This is probably new to her (in her teen).

One more episode, hope SHAFT execute it BRILLIANTLY. :D
hazelnuts23May 17, 2014 10:47 AM
May 17, 2014 10:48 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was just epic. When Chitoge slapped Raku everything inside me shifted. It really made my heart hurts. He says stupid stuff sometimes, he broke her heart. But I'm glad he could say that at the end. It was cute.
May 17, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
I'm so glad they finally made up, I'm sad though that next week is the final episode :(

I don't want it to end!
My Candies:
May 17, 2014 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
R- said:

Hahaha omg I know what you mean , so much!
May 17, 2014 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
SolitaryFear said:
Chitoge is ridiculous and annoying as hell. She instigated Raku's response and didn't take it as a joke (as intended) and still flips him off for it. She's basically pissed at Raku even though it's completely her own fault. I hate hypocrites like her. And even then, Raku had to take the first step to making up their relationship. She was too much a coward to do anything even though she was upset and unsatisfied. And she still had the nerve to slap Raku?

On the other hand, Onodera is trying to mend Chitoge's relationship with Raku as a friend even though Chitoge didn't think even once how other people would think about her actions. She took the role of Juliet without even considering Onodera's feelings...

I don't understand why people like tsunderes if they're like this. It's annoying. Some anime have just mild tsunderes who at least admit their feelings to themselves and don't create massive anger and frustration, but Chitoge really crosses the line.

This definitely boosted my spot on the Onodera ship... Chitoge is just infuriating and ridiculous.

I'm pretty much in agreement, although I'd say I actually like a fair number of tsundere characters outside of Nisekoi.

I'm usually reluctant to get into the whole 'shipping wars' thing, but let's look at Chitoge vs Onodera:

Chitoge:
Pros:
- Helps Raku find that locket in one of the early episodes
- Is moderately tolerant at having to be in a fake relationship with someone she doesn't like for the sake of maintaining peace between rival families
- Is a bro to Raku in the hot springs episode
Cons:
- Punches Raku because she can't control her emotions
- Supposedly is super strong and violent but rarely if ever exhibits this except by punching Raku and very frequently ends up helpless/useless in an attempt to show weakness to contrast with nonexistent strength
- When a hitman tries to interfere with her fake relationship she just says "it's useless" and lets Raku deal with it
- Punches Raku as punishment for being sexually assaulted by Marika
- Says she hates him and then gets angry when he says he hates her as well, because she asked a serious question out of nowhere in a discussion that otherwise followed the pattern of interaction that had been typical for them

Onodera:
Pros:
- Doesn't hit Raku, or hit anyone, or sexually assault anyone (somehow in Nisekoi these are 'pros' rather than generally accepted minimum standards, and this show isn't enough of a slapstick comedy that I'd overlook them)
- Continues to be friendly and supportive of Chitoge even when she thinks that the guy she likes likes Chitoge; isn't jealous
- Frequently thinks of others rather than just thinking about herself (example: this episode, and all of the times she's supportive of Chitoge)
- Actually understands her feelings towards the main character and even more or less speaks them out loud in episode 18 despite being a huge pussy
Cons:
- Is a complete and total pussy who will never confess again now that her asking Raku to kiss her in episode 18 messed up
- occasionally is a useless fuck (but still less so than Chitoge, likely because there is no need to display hidden weaknesses for her character archetype)

Aside from "different strokes for different folks," the reason why people like Chitoge better than Onodera is completely beyond me. Not that any of this matters because Chitoge is pretty much guaranteed to end up with Raku.
May 17, 2014 10:55 AM
Oct 2010
The slap was pretty ridiculous and they had Raku apologize for his honesty yet chitoge didn't for slapping this dude and treating him like shit all the time.
May 17, 2014 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Too bad, Onodera sprained her ankle.

Let's hope Chitoge will do well in the play.
May 17, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2010
I am so glad Chitoge refused, thanks to her Onodera got to be in the play! Props to Onodera for sticking with the play.

Still can't get the OP. out. of. my. head. Dat animation! I am obsessed with the first half of it.

I am so so glad that long misunderstanding is finally cleared... I was so grinning to myself during their rehearsal xD Amazing outfits! Oh my God, Onodera! Marry me!!!

Now, I am starting to feel that Raku has fallen for Chitoge... I don't want that... I didn't really like her attitude this week.

... Yeah, yeah. Injure Onodera and Let Chitoge be the juliet because, oh, she so happens to be having a fight with Raku atm so it would be the opportunity for them to get along again. Oh, did we almost by chance forget that Chitoge is the main girl? Yeah, she is so made for the job. Ha ha, everyone is gonna be so happy with this.
May 17, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2014
Bitch until the end, but somehow I still support her a bit more than Onodera.
May 17, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 2012
That Slap , zomg

Chitoge best girl ever!

But man, i really need a second season for this anime :'(
COME ON SHAFT, MAKE IT REAL!

Will read the manga btw, this episode was a bit rushed for me :'3

10/10 #TeamChitoge!
May 17, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
Marika head tilt LVL: 99999999999999
「 」's signature is literally empty.

Congratulations. If you saw this, then just give me a Visitor Message in my profile that says "Congratulations, I just got an award." then I'll give you the prize.
May 17, 2014 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
Damn the drama in this episode was perfect.. I guess it's set in stone Raku wont be with Chitoge as a couple :( . It better be Onodera then if not then I'm going to punch my computer monitor >__>. Onodera looks so cute in that outfit, but I like her better with her short hair :3. 1 more episode and its over, NOOOOOOOOOOO
May 17, 2014 11:26 AM

Oct 2010
opondica said:
SolitaryFear said:

I'm pretty much in agreement, although I'd say I actually like a fair number of tsundere characters outside of Nisekoi.

I'm usually reluctant to get into the whole 'shipping wars' thing, but let's look at Chitoge vs Onodera:

Chitoge:
Pros:
- Helps Raku find that locket in one of the early episodes
- Is moderately tolerant at having to be in a fake relationship with someone she doesn't like for the sake of maintaining peace between rival families
- Is a bro to Raku in the hot springs episode
Cons:
- Punches Raku because she can't control her emotions
- Supposedly is super strong and violent but rarely if ever exhibits this except by punching Raku and very frequently ends up helpless/useless in an attempt to show weakness to contrast with nonexistent strength
- When a hitman tries to interfere with her fake relationship she just says "it's useless" and lets Raku deal with it
- Punches Raku as punishment for being sexually assaulted by Marika
- Says she hates him and then gets angry when he says he hates her as well, because she asked a serious question out of nowhere in a discussion that otherwise followed the pattern of interaction that had been typical for them

Onodera:
Pros:
- Doesn't hit Raku, or hit anyone, or sexually assault anyone (somehow in Nisekoi these are 'pros' rather than generally accepted minimum standards, and this show isn't enough of a slapstick comedy that I'd overlook them)
- Continues to be friendly and supportive of Chitoge even when she thinks that the guy she likes likes Chitoge; isn't jealous
- Frequently thinks of others rather than just thinking about herself (example: this episode, and all of the times she's supportive of Chitoge)
- Actually understands her feelings towards the main character and even more or less speaks them out loud in episode 18 despite being a huge pussy
Cons:
- Is a complete and total pussy who will never confess again now that her asking Raku to kiss her in episode 18 messed up
- occasionally is a useless fuck (but still less so than Chitoge, likely because there is no need to display hidden weaknesses for her character archetype)

Aside from "different strokes for different folks," the reason why people like Chitoge better than Onodera is completely beyond me. Not that any of this matters because Chitoge is pretty much guaranteed to end up with Raku.
100% agreed with what was said here. Although I will say that
May 17, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
Onodera looked great in that Juliet costume. It's a shame that she sprained her ankle and won't be able to perform.
Nice to see that Raku and Chitoge were able to make up at the end. Looking forward to the play next episode.
May 17, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2010
Chitoge, typical cuntdere, can't take her own medicine.

VeryNicePerson said:
Some SHAFT mode Marika

Subarashii.
antonnMay 17, 2014 11:46 AM
May 17, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2012
VeryNicePerson said:
Adaptation of 1/2 chapters 46 [Dramatic Play], 47 [Together] and 48 [Curtain Raiser].

Chitoge continues being a Tsun while Kosaki and Raku progressing for the show. The misunderstanding about the photo is finally solved.

Onodera in Juliet is Kawaii ! But like usual w/ Nisekoi, nothing goes as planned; some event led Chitoge to take Onodera's place. Don't worry for her though.

Some SHAFT mode Marika

Ending is coming

Hope seeing
as teaser for S2.
Why even though I read the manga I didn't realize that we are only at chapter 48...

If I recalled correctly,

Is everything afterward until the recent chapters
spoilers?

or did

But yes, end is near and I am totally looking forward to the second season.

#Team Chitoge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and Raku deserved that slap.

Moonchipz said:
It took you guys this long to realize how much of a hypocritical bitch Chitoge is?
She's been nothing but annoying since day one.
regardless of your preference, hating on the obvious main heroine is just hurting yourself because you are guaranteed to feel dissatisfied at the ending. Do yourself a favor and drop this series.
bunny1ov3rMay 17, 2014 11:52 AM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 17, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
It was a good episode but it rushed a lot,covered almost 3 chapters.
Can't wait to see the ending, hope there will be a second season.
May 17, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
It took you guys this long to realize how much of a hypocritical bitch Chitoge is?
She's been nothing but annoying since day one.
May 17, 2014 11:58 AM

Apr 2014
I really liked this episode. It's hard being an Onodera fan because it's really obvious how hard they're pushing for Chitoge as winner. I won't lie though, while I'd love to see Onodera win, I wouldn't mind Chitoge winning either. She's been growing on me, especially with the ending of this episode.
May 17, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
One more episode to go...!

Poor Marika had to stay home sick, I wish she was the backup Juliet instead of Chitoge :3.
And the ending card was kinda cute XD

May 17, 2014 12:09 PM

Apr 2014
Sucks about Onodera but oh well. Also sucks about there only being one more episode left! Hopefully a second season comes!
May 17, 2014 12:10 PM

Feb 2014
SolitaryFear said:

I can't agree more !!
Chitoge is just an annoying character that keeps bitching at Raku .. every word you said is gold and I agree with it all.
She is a heavy Tsun character that is selfish, bitchy, annoying and doesn't give two shits about anyone else .. unlike other loveable Tsundere characters like Taiga from Toradora who almost sacrificed everything for Minori's sake, and at the very least admitted her feelings to her own self (something Chitoge hasn't done until now !)

Onodera is much better in every aspect no matter how you look at it, and she deserves to have the happy ending.
I swear, I rather see Raku end up with Ruri or turn out to be gay and end up with Maiko (seriously, this is a brilliant idea xD ) than end up with Chitoge.

#TeamOnodera till the end !

@opondica : I should've read all the posts before writing my own. but I have to say that I also 100% agree with you too !
A3eadMay 17, 2014 12:33 PM
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
May 17, 2014 12:12 PM
Mar 2012
Chitoge, what a bitch. Slamming everything to Raku even she is the one at fault. Didn't want to accept her mistake. Think that Raku raped her, sulking, and crying like a tragic heroine.

Damn, it ruined my day.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

494 by Shyne_KZ »»
Apr 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

264 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:39 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

180 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.