Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2009 10:49 AM
Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New Usagi's transformation. <3

And also, return Sailor Pluto's transformation sequence. <3
Jan 22, 2012 5:48 PM

Jun 2010
The usual deus ex machina nonsense. The idea of having to sacrifice three lives to save the whole world was interesting and created genuine conflict since Sailor Moon didn't want to accept it but didn't have an alternative. That's just swept away here for the sake of convenient plot progression.

And Sailor Pluto, a completely useless character from the second series, comes in to make sure all this occurs. "Deux ex mahina" isn't really a step up from "pointless".

I did enjoy the black humor surrounding Eudial's death, though.
FronzelJan 22, 2012 6:24 PM
Jul 30, 2012 4:12 PM
Mar 2008
Agree with Fronzel, ESPECIALLY since the three carrying the talismans were Sailor Soldiers. Cop out, much? I can't complain too much, since I loved Uranus and Neptune too much to want them to die.
Mar 12, 2013 12:59 AM

May 2010
It's too early to say "pointless". There's still 16 episodes left, did you really think the climactic event was going to happen in this episode? You don't sacrifice a hero in the middle of a series to save the world, that type of thing is reserved for climaxes.

I do think there was missed opportunity in these episodes, but at the same time, I think that it would have been a mistake to cash in on all this drama before the ending. I'm just going to wait and see what happens next...
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 13, 2013 2:12 AM

Oct 2008
Fronzel said:
The usual deus ex machina nonsense. The idea of having to sacrifice three lives to save the whole world was interesting and created genuine conflict since Sailor Moon didn't want to accept it but didn't have an alternative. That's just swept away here for the sake of convenient plot progression.

That's pretty much what I wanted to say. Though lets not forget this show is intended for little girls. So it's understandable that they don't want force these heavy dilemmas in to the series (that's the only excuse I can think of for this).

But I'm actually glad Sailor Pluto is back, she's hot.
Feb 11, 2014 8:28 AM
Mar 2013
Two power ups for Serena and we're only half-way through the series. A little much don't you think?

Anyway, I'm gonna miss Eudial ;_; She was an interesting villain. Hopefully Mimet is just as great.
May 4, 2014 1:08 AM

Jul 2008
A second power up in the same series? They are really going for broke this time, well at least all the soldiers survived which isn't a surprise.
Jun 24, 2014 7:37 AM

Apr 2010
Let's see what is going to happen next. That girl looks interesting. :D
Jun 29, 2017 12:05 AM
Jul 2013
sailor moon is lucky getting two power ups this season.

wonder who the raven haired girl is. she seems interesting. i already despise mimete. her voice is incredibly irritating. it's cute how similar usagi and chibiusa are, despite how annoying the latter is. chibiusa rubbing her little wing barrettes in awe is something usagi would do :p
Jul 13, 2017 5:17 PM

Feb 2014
the real messiah inc.
EustassKiddo !
Jul 15, 2017 9:08 PM
Nov 2015
So most possibly Usagi will be the Messiah.

Remember last season, they talked about a terrible catastrophe that hits earth, and after Earth is destroyed, Queen Serenity manages to revive the planet and build Crystal Tokyo.
So maybe that "catastrophe" is this Silence, and Queen Serenity sending back Chibiusa along with her "no kanji" letter is not only for fun it seems.
Jul 15, 2017 9:30 PM
Nov 2015
Eugeal I MISS YOU I MISS YOU I MISS YOU.

She's the one who gets closest to the Grail, and all by herself. Seeing a career woman die always makes me sad.
And I'm gonna hate that Anthy Himemiya-ish snail-using Mimet so much when she comes out.
Jul 15, 2017 9:37 PM
Nov 2015
Glad that they didn't focus on the smallness of Pluto the planet but its distance and irregularity. And made Sailor Pluto into the most mature distant ice-cold knowledgeable and toughest one in the bunch.

Also, pink light bursting out of the Sagrada Familia-ish cathedral when Usagi transforms is beauuuuuutiful.

Love how in just 22 episodes there have been 2 super showdowns (that could well deserve to be the finale of any show), and each one happens in glorious locations.
Tokyo Tower, Sagrada Familia, I cannot wait to know where's next.

The only thing I'm worried about, the rest won't live up to this first half. Everything so far has been perfect, the comedy, the character-centric episodes, the drama, and especially Neptune and Uranus' death episode.

it also feels like a wasted potential when there's no more psychological stuff for Haruka and Michiru, and they are just revived like that, the conflict is basically cleanly gone, and somehow everything was made right and happy.
Though it's targetted at teens mostly and in the end, they live, and there are hundreds of possibilities, and no matter what the author chooses, if in the end it turns out fine, then I'm fine, and I'm so happy right now.
Sean_NessmanJul 15, 2017 9:42 PM
Feb 8, 2018 9:32 PM
Aug 2014
That was all resolved rather easily. No sacrifices needed; Michuru and Haruka are already revived too.

Was surprised to see that Usagi wasn't Messiah.

Eugeal's death was brutal and the "best" thing about this episode.
Feb 27, 2018 5:16 AM

Jan 2013
I don't want Eudial to die I feel bad for her. ;-;
Geez, the voice of this new girl is so annoying like shut the fuck up.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 30, 2018 12:21 PM

Mar 2017
So, super hot fire can't be put out by surpernatural magic water attacks, but it can be put out by a fire extinguisher? Okay. Seeing Sailor Moon's attack minus the music that goes with it felt kind of surreal. I think I know why Sailor Moon fights are not as interesting: It's always a matter of "power level". Who wins and who loses is pretty much set in stone, it is impossible to beat a more powerful enemy via strategy or cunning or luck. So the solution is always just another power-up.

It sounds like I am complaining, but trust me, I loved it when Sailor Moon got her upgrade! I liked how she just raised her hand à la "Bitch please" and deflected the OP fire beam and wrecked Eudial. :P The way she died was unintentionally funny, but also really dark if you think about it. Her coworkers manipulated her car and let her die in an accident. Just the fact that this is so "authentic" and not just another "death lazor" makes it really messed up.

Still liking this season a lot!
Feb 22, 2019 3:17 PM
Jun 2016
I'm not sure if this is the case with the previous arcs, but I'm a bit surprised that we're getting a "two-parter" midway to this arc.

I was expecting Sailor Pluto to appear when Eugeal set the floor around the other Sailors on fire. Oh, I guess Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Chibi Moon makes sense, too! Well, at least I'm right that she appears, though.

We get to see Sailor Moon's Moon Spiral Heart Attack without the usual background music. Kind of neat, if you ask me.

Setsuna sounds quite mature in this episode. I love it!

I honestly kind of don't get why Sailor Pluto had to summon the Holy Grail, though. I guess rule of cool (a TVTropes.org trope) or that she knew Sailor Moon would get upgraded. Sailor Moon was pretty brave enough to jump through Eugeal's flames.

We finally get to see Sailor Moon's (and Sailor Chibi Moon's) new form(s) in the actual episode itself. Which was teased prior in this season's opening.

Wow, Eugeal's death was actually pretty brutal if you think about it.

Oh, so the girl that appears during Sailor Moon's upgrade is apparently Sailor Saturn. Wasn't able to recognize her from the upgrade section, but we get a much clearer scene of her towards the end of the episode. I wonder if she is the messiah Sailor Uranus and Neptune keeps describing.
Aug 19, 2019 7:03 AM

Aug 2008
Sailor moons expression when she blocked the fire buster: o_o

Welp, no more fire bustering and cruising with the cars for the foreseeable future, sad.
Jan 21, 2021 11:57 AM

Nov 2016
Last episode some foreshadowing and now Eugeal's death at the hand of the "innocent" kouhai Mimet. That was pretty fucked up and took the trope to the extreme. Or was it some exaggerated social commentary on corporate workers? Anyway, pretty amusing xD

Pluto having the third talisman was to be expected. Tho, how things were resolved was indeed wasted potenial. Still pretty exciting development overall. Easily the strongest season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2022 5:03 AM

Mar 2020
I thought the solution to the Talisman stuff was a copout - all previous episodes suggested that it would be fatal to remove no matter what - but nice to see Usagi get a new transformation. Also, Mimette is POS

Sep 19, 2023 3:35 PM

Feb 2020
pretty sweet
and to think that usagi can't fully use it lol
I like that, want to see what happens next now

Dec 10, 2023 7:44 PM
Jan 2018
Eudial got a raw deal. Plot armor remains undefeated in this show.

The music was nice and the stakes were high. Just like last time on Tokyo Tower, the Sailor Senshi pulled another win with a whole lot of help. I'm going to miss Eudial, but the real villains still have to be defeated. Apparently the majority of the next couple episodes are canon. So I get a chance to see how the final villains compare to Eudial. Let's see how it goes.

I've come to the conclusion the Senshi win because their enemies are dumb and don't take things seriously enough. It certainly makes all the characters more relatable, but it's a lot harder to take the stakes of the story seriously. In the end episode 21 was amazing, and the 90s style animation is frequently fantastic. I guess I should see anything else being great about this show as extra credit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.