Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 17, 2014 5:57 AM
Mar 2013
Akanezora said:
We meet again lewd orangutan. They really made him kind of moe, lol.
It's funny how the orangutan that was smoking wasn't censored.

Finally anime-only viewers can get a clearer idea of what Stands can be.

I think they've censored Jotaro because of he is at the high school age.
May 17, 2014 7:02 AM
Jan 2010
Avarici0us said:
It seems Dio wanted to test his hypothesis in part 1. Does anyone know how long this episodic story telling is going to continue?

For the entire anime. 3 is by far the worst part.
May 17, 2014 7:04 AM

May 2009
I love the OP.

STAND UP STAND UP STAND UP

ALL RIGHT NOW ALL RIGHT NOW ALL RIGHT NOW

BREAK YOU DOWN BREAK YOU DOWN BREAK YOU DOWN

Here's the lyrics.
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/STAND_PROUD
May 17, 2014 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
StardustReverie said:
Avarici0us said:
It seems Dio wanted to test his hypothesis in part 1. Does anyone know how long this episodic story telling is going to continue?

For the entire anime. 3 is by far the worst part.

Yeah that formular is not going to change. Better get used to it. Whether it's the worst part is debatable though (personally I agree but most will see it different).
May 17, 2014 8:14 AM

Jul 2010
Geovani said:
I think they've censored Jotaro because of he is at the high school age.
Yeah I know, I was just making fun of the smoking Ape.
May 17, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
grandy_UiD said:
Yeah that formular is not going to change. Better get used to it. Whether it's the worst part is debatable though (personally I agree but most will see it different).

There's no way every single fight is going to take 1 episode. Most of them are too long, it's only these early fights that are short enough for one episode.

Episode 10 will probably be the first that does not end with that episode (it's also my favorite fight of the first half of Part 3).
May 17, 2014 10:42 AM
Apr 2012
Haha they don't show JoJo smoking but the orangutan smoking is fine? That was a weird yet damn strong stand. The girl must have been frightened to high heaven. Couple of shock moments, the sailor at the beginning was gruesomely killed and the others as well later. Looking forward to the other stand users.
May 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
VulgarFairy said:
Haha they don't show JoJo smoking but the orangutan smoking is fine? That was a weird yet damn strong stand. The girl must have been frightened to high heaven. Couple of shock moments, the sailor at the beginning was gruesomely killed and the others as well later. Looking forward to the other stand users.

As other people have said, Jojo smoking is illegal because he's underage. That's why it's censored.
May 17, 2014 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
So how did the sailors see the freighter if it was a stand? Normal people shouldn't be able to see stands right? So shouldn't they have said something?
May 17, 2014 3:43 PM

Mar 2010
dragonlight said:
So how did the sailors see the freighter if it was a stand? Normal people shouldn't be able to see stands right? So shouldn't they have said something?

That's true, Crusaders were asking the same thing to themselves :P

But there are countless types of stands. Usually they aren't visible for normal people, but a few break this rule. Strenght is one of them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
dragonlight said:

Because that's Strength's abi...

Oh why do I even bother
May 17, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
dragonlight said:

They explained it in the episode.

Kinda weird how people ask stuff that's already been questioned and answered in the series itself. Same with that ''Insanely illogical anime'' thread.
May 17, 2014 4:12 PM

Oct 2012
"Bounded Stand:
Some Stands may be bounded to tangible objects instead of showing their true form. Said Stands, if bound to fluid objects, may even be intangible. These stands can be used as equipments and seen by ordinary humans."

Like a ship.
May 17, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2011
You know, Strength is such an interesting Stand. It's almost a "shame" that the most we got out of it was possessing a boat and the user was pummeled into the abyss almost instantly (although I suppose this is the fate of many enemies). It's weird that we would see such an interesting and versatile Stand so early.

I mean, trapping them in the middle of the ocean on a boat is a pretty good plan. But imagine the Stand being wielded by a human user (that isn't retarded and doesn't expose himself to his most powerful enemy) with the cast trapped on the 10th floor of a building or something. Possibilities and potential for that battle are endless.

But, I guess the same can be said for many Stands that come and go, Araki is just too good at coming up with this shit.
May 17, 2014 11:59 PM

Nov 2013
I liked the stand and episode itself, the scenes with Dio were the highlight imo but only one ruined this episode, Jotaro with his lame ass, the fan scene, poor voice actor and censorship. He was also shown the most so it's kinda hard to overlook him. I hope they take the focus from him to the others. Worst Jojo.
SCARY MONSTER
May 18, 2014 1:08 AM

Jun 2009
Can I just say that it is really fucking weird seeing this from a guy with a Jotaro avatar?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Nov 2013
Really? I haven't had the luxury of being on a laptop so I can't change it and I sometimes see I have the Jotaro ava but I'm always seeing a Dio ava, even right now. I couldn't change my ava before for some reason after I did the Jotaro ava which was more than 2 months back. So I didn't know everyone else see the Jotaro ava, I always see Dio with Scary Monster as sig.
SCARY MONSTER
May 18, 2014 1:55 AM

Jun 2009
GuusWayne said:
I liked the stand and episode itself, the scenes with Dio were the highlight imo but only one ruined this episode, Jotaro with his lame ass, the fan scene, poor voice actor and censorship. He was also shown the most so it's kinda hard to overlook him. I hope they take the focus from him to the others. Worst Jojo.

Haven't we been through this two days ago? I mean literally the same thing?
May 18, 2014 2:03 AM

May 2009
i found this episode very slow actually, even though they managed to adapt around 3 chapters. Could be nice if they added more Devil at the end.

Other than that, i still find the OST not enough for the show. it's like there are 5 pieces in total and they play the same things over and over; just pay attention and you will get what i mean. i still prefer Part1+2 for music feast (though it had 2 parts maybe that's why there were that much pieces)
May 18, 2014 2:07 AM

Jun 2009
UnderminE said:

Other than that, i still find the OST not enough for the show. it's like there are 5 pieces in total and they play the same things over and over; just pay attention and you will get what i mean. i still prefer Part1+2 for music feast (though it had 2 parts maybe that's why there were that much pieces)

I was paying attention and thought it was pretty cool how they used that one particular theme but turned it into a sort of horror piece. Pretty cool, imo.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2014 2:48 AM

May 2009
insan3Spectre said:
UnderminE said:

I was paying attention and thought it was pretty cool how they used that one particular theme but turned it into a sort of horror piece. Pretty cool, imo.

Well i am not saying current pieces are bad, i really love the piano/violin taste in them and i trust the composer but i do need more and more.

For example 2 playlists just for Battle Tendency:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajimVHmUfIA&list=PLdgzOaakVaSdO-NtacGnzMwsnrsaOr12G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaOVtdUlmU&list=PLdgzOaakVaScCnE6OB-mv4WMnS0NuRKdE
May 18, 2014 3:37 AM

Nov 2013
grandy_UiD said:
GuusWayne said:

Haven't we been through this two days ago? I mean literally the same thing?
I felt like giving my thoughts of the whole episode because I was pissed off on friday and was unable to incorporate the entire episode in my rant, it left me disappointed because I had high expectations of this part 3 from David Production because I've seen Part 1-7 excluding 3 yet it's my second favorite part based on the OVA. However I know it's not fair to judge them based on this alone so I changed my opinion. I'm sure Jotaro gets better later on but I wasn't digging him at all this episode.
SCARY MONSTER
May 18, 2014 7:17 AM

Apr 2009
Ok, I do not get this. Jotaro acts mostly like that in Diamond and Stone Ocean as well (nevermind that you can't "see" a comic or book...). He acts like this in the OVAs. Why the fuck are you displeased by how a character is portrayed that you - and I hope for you that this is true - have seen act the same in the entire rest of the franchise in any iteration? I mean, you even have him as your avatar.
To me it sounds more like you have read about the series' later parts on a wiki or so, but never actually got through them yourself.... you either lie about having read said parts or you lack observation skills.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 18, 2014 2:40 PM

Oct 2009
This was pretty dam fun! Need more ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!!!

Loving SC so far!

At this point I am going to guess JoJo smoking is censored cos he is underage.
May 18, 2014 3:27 PM
Aug 2013
Was pleasantly surprised at how the whole ship was the stand itself. Also perverted orangutan was 10/10
May 18, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
A perverted smoking orangutan whose stand is a ship? Awesome!

May 18, 2014 5:44 PM

Jun 2008
MajorBadAzz said:
Was pleasantly surprised at how the whole ship was the stand itself. Also perverted orangutan was 10/10

His Stand is not exactly the ship, but it has an ability to bind itself to an object and make it bigger/stronger. And that's why when Forever (The name of the Orangutan) died, the big freighter shrank into a small boat.

We never know Strength's true form.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
May 18, 2014 9:12 PM

Apr 2009
that loli serviceeeeeee :3
May 20, 2014 1:18 AM

Apr 2013
I would've liked to see it the other way around, with the ship being the user and the orangutan being the stand.
May 20, 2014 1:23 AM

Apr 2014
uhh so they censor jotaro smoking but not when the orangutan does?
May 20, 2014 4:15 AM

Jun 2009
Z4k said:

uhh so they censor jotaro smoking but not when the orangutan does?

Yes and we've been through this. It has something to do with Jotaro being under age.
May 20, 2014 4:19 AM

Jul 2013
I'm disappointed there's no bestiality.
May 20, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2010
jiraiya_sensei said:

I know you're waiting for the doujinshi.
May 20, 2014 9:23 AM

May 2014
Akanezora said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

I know you're waiting for the doujinshi.

i can aleadry see them coming.
--
besides that, good episode, i wonder how much time dio's face will keep in the darkness

edit:
and lol that jotaro's cigarette censoring
IcarusuMay 20, 2014 9:26 AM
May 20, 2014 9:44 AM

Jun 2009
Icarusu said:

i wonder how much time dio's face will keep in the darkness

Oh you will see it...um...soon. Yeah, real soon, I promise *coughcough* It's totally not going to take much longer.
May 20, 2014 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
Icarusu said:
besides that, good episode, i wonder how much time dio's face will keep in the darkness

Hmm, probably another... idk... 30 episodes or so :P
May 20, 2014 10:17 AM

May 2009
i wish they play this song in at least one of the Dio's World episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02H7iTkEqQ4

i remember reading all Dio's World chapters with this song as the background at around 7am in the morning without sleep
May 20, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
UnderminE said:

i remember reading all Dio's World chapters with this song as the background at around 7am in the morning without sleep

I personally wish for Voodoo Kingdom reference, but Jojo ASB references would be nice as well.
...Or just playing Dio in the background :D
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 20, 2014 4:00 PM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
UnderminE said:

I personally wish for Voodoo Kingdom reference, but Jojo ASB references would be nice as well.
...Or just playing Dio in the background :D

Or like if...

May 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2010
Fadeout4 said:
Or like if...

Then I would probably wet myself.
May 20, 2014 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
god I love this anime so much, it does the manga so much justice like the horror feel it kept.
It gets me so much more pumped for the next parts and how much more Humanoid the stands will be.

After this stand one of my favorite stand and fight will happen
May 22, 2014 6:35 AM

Jun 2012
I guessed the boat was the stand :D

Pretty good episode, but not much really happened lol. The fight was ok.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
May 24, 2014 8:25 AM
Sep 2011
the OVA fight was better in my opinion...its like the fight just started and then it was over, and winner...a button

but seriously a Stand named Strength to lose so quickly like that, just left me feeling, Meh...

I too am not a fan of Jotaro, his team is whats carrying the show
May 24, 2014 8:46 AM

Mar 2010
AfroJamuri said:
the OVA fight was better in my opinion...its like the fight just started and then it was over, and winner...a button

but seriously a Stand named Strength to lose so quickly like that, just left me feeling, Meh...

I too am not a fan of Jotaro, his team is whats carrying the show

It's because Strenght's owner was an idiot. I would like to see Strenght in the hands of worthy opponent
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2010
Strenght's owner was an idiot and a orangutan like Orzi said, perhaps in the hands of a worthy opponent, it would have ended in a different way.

I want to think that this whole fight's purpose was just an analogy to: Even if you're strong, you can't win without using your brain.
May 24, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2010
Akanezora said:
I want to think that this whole fight's purpose was just an analogy to: Even if you're strong, you can't win without using your brain.

Like some character in part 4.
Jun 4, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2012
That girl has nice looking ass
Jun 4, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
thepath said:

She's like 12... >_>
Jun 5, 2014 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
Fadeout4 said:
thepath said:

She's like 12... >_>
Even better.
Jun 5, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2010
Nope said:
Fadeout4 said:

She's like 12... >_>
Even better.

http://i.imgur.com/KozJUMy.jpg
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

231 by ymanaslya »»
Jan 20, 11:29 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Apr 11, 2014

263 by ymanaslya »»
Jan 20, 11:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.