Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kimi wa Petto Chapter 82 Discussion

Sep 20, 2009 12:06 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

rather liked the end, though I'm not sure how I feel about the addition of time travel to this series.

the last few chapters felt a bit dragged out, but over all I really loved this manga.
Modified by jacobpaige, Sep 21, 2009 10:24 PM

Oct 13, 2009 1:52 AM

it was rather odd to suddenly add an element of supernatural, but it was a sweet ending nonetheless. :)

Dec 7, 2009 5:09 AM

Ok ending, was a tad disappointed with the sudden through of supernatural in it. But this was overall a masterpiece, series gets a 10/10 for me.

Apr 27, 2010 7:00 AM

didnt really feel like a last chapter ... would have been preferred if it was more focused on there wedding or maybe there them with kids in the future. and what was with the time traveling, was that her dreaming of the life together so far?

I really enjoyed this manga, im glad everyone had a happy ending ... even if it wasn't the happy ending they wanted T_T

Apr 23, 2012 11:22 AM
I thought it was "symbolic" time travel...anyway...I'll NEVER get over the Hasumi/Fuku pairing. Yech.

Apr 27, 2012 2:59 PM

I actually liked the time travel...their so cute together!! I"m happy for them.

But I have to agree on the Hasumi/Fuku paring....Yuck!!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 17, 2012 1:10 AM

would have like a little more of an after story but its kinda an ending where you come up with what happens next so im happy :D great story great characters happy ending what more could you ask. 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 25, 2012 10:18 PM
SephiriAzure said:
I actually liked the time travel...their so cute together!! I"m happy for them.

But I have to agree on the Hasumi/Fuku paring....Yuck!!

Aww its been a while since i read this but i remember growing an attachment to fuku. Yeah she was coniving and what not but she was honest about her need to be loved just not in her means to get there.

Just watched the first episode of the drama by the same name and even though its only the first episode i already love it. I had some bad expirence with dramas based on manga(tiawans hyate combat buttler ewwww) but this one is as good as it can get. The quality is really good in terms of acting, production, and everything. Momo might have well as jumped off the pages the actor fits so well and sumerie is perfect. She matches in acting and body. I think they use high heels and camare tricks to make her look taller but other than that she is Sumerie. I think its the actress from last samuria. So i have to recomend it even if you are not into dramas. Watch it on dramacrazy.com

Oct 26, 2012 10:09 AM

What a happy ending, was scared there for a second that the last like 70 chapters were all a dream, that would have been such a troll, but thank god it wasn't. Really like the way this manga ended, just wish their could have been more time with Momo x Sumire.

Dec 2, 2012 10:52 PM

I really enjoyed this manga, I even went as far as reading all the 82 chapters in less than 24 hours!

In the end i'm still shocked that Hasumi and Fukushima are together, and that they most likely got married... It was really predictable, but for some reason I think it looked a little bit desperate. But oh well, I never really liked any of them so...

I liked the time travel, and I though I wasn't going to see Momo in his suit; he looked so cute!

I'm giving these a 10/10. I really needed this kind of read and even though I myself know this isn't the ultimate perfect manga, I really loved it.

Feb 10, 2013 1:59 AM

That was a really odd sort of last chapter, I didn't take it as time travel really, but more like a dream of their whole relationship, at first it really confused me but then I realized it was just like how you think of your whole relationship or your experiences at really important times like that.
I really enjoyed this manga it was quite good.

Jan 29, 2014 6:51 AM

Takeshi is so hot in his suit, I really like how he cut his hair short as a new start. And the time travel definitely confused me but oh well - kinda ate up a lot of this last chapter.

Isn't it interesting how much easier it was (and faster) to make the decision to marry/quit job/relocate when it is the right person? It is about time! I am happy for them!

Hasumi-senpai and Fuku-chan may not have a normal basis for their relationship but I think they need each other in a way that will work out for them as long as he can honestly and truly love and appreciate her and what she does for him. Not a fan of them, but... as long as it works for them, I won't complain...

Apr 12, 2014 10:54 PM

lovely ending, lovely marriage

i just which sumira realise her love for momo sooner

10/10

May 24, 2014 2:39 PM

Aww I loved this manga and its characters and am sad to have it finally end. I would have liked to see more about their future together and their kids, the little flash-forward with Sakura and Ayane and Ran was pretty cute. (I guess it can be assumed from that that Momo's still a dancer or Sumire still does international freelancing)

Dec 8, 2014 11:17 AM

SleepyBear said:
Aww I loved this manga and its characters and am sad to have it finally end. I would have liked to see more about their future together and their kids, the little flash-forward with Sakura and Ayane and Ran was pretty cute. (I guess it can be assumed from that that Momo's still a dancer or Sumire still does international freelancing)

Speaking of that I wasn't sure who those young girls were at first, since they were introduced out of nowhere and in the middle of other events set in the "present".
Can we assume Ran is the kid once grown up, Ayane is Yuri's second daughter and Sakura her friend? Or is Sakura Sumire's child?
“We see what we want to see”

Feb 26, 2015 4:18 AM

I didn't really care much about Hatsumi tbh. He had his times.

Anyways, this was predictable from the beginning but the story itself was pretty fun with a lot of realism despite the premise. 7/10. I noticed this got a live action adaptation too.

Aug 24, 2015 11:51 AM
I really like the manga but somehow I can't really enjoy it. Maybe beacause being a man I can't help to put myself in momo shoes and seeing sumire fucking with Hasumi for 50+ chapters is not really an enjoyable read (that or maybe I'm just too innocence). only on the last 10+ chapter that momo and sumire relationship progress. Somehow it is not satisfying. What turn me off even more is on how their relationship progress, was it really sumire love for momo or was it because hasumi and fuku relationship? I can't help but think if somehow there wasn't hasumi x fuku, sumire would never choose Momo.

To add on it momo character is such an angel that it don't feel real. He love sumire, he support her, stay with her even when she has a lover, even help her in her relationship, at the same time never had any relationship with another woman. He LOVE her that much and he doesn't get hurt or jealous? Seriously? I mean if the love is that strong he supposed to feel the same strong jealousy and pain. Such unbalance relationship.

That said sumire and momo moments are very sweet and help me endure reading this manga. Especially the last 10 chapters are really a heartwarming read.

Feb 23, 2016 12:27 PM

ahhh no i don't want this to be over! the ending felt so short because we only got what, like 1/8 of this manga actually showing the relationship between momo and sumire... wish they could have either gotten together sooner or shown a few extra chapters on them. that aside it's good that pretty much everyone got a happy ending, i was able to empathize with pretty much everyone (though that's always how i am so it isn't saying much) and for a long, drama josei manga where the love was unrequited for so many chapters, it was actually somehow such a fun and enjoyable ride. glad i read this (:

Jul 7, 2016 9:58 PM

Momo was one of the selfless character i've ever seen,all he cared about was sumire even thought he knew that she was having physical relation with her bf but he still stayed aside her till the end,he never took advantage of her.

Oct 10, 2016 5:33 PM

I LOVED IT I LOVED IT I LOVED IT I LOVED IT I LOVED IT I LOVED IT
I didn't want the manga to end ;;____;;
But I'm glad the mangaka wrapped everything nicely and sweetly.

Sep 17, 2017 5:56 AM

Oct 3, 2017 10:26 PM

Man, the first 69 chapters killed me, but the last 13 brought me back. I can't really hate Hasumi, but he is not right for Iwaya, and she him. I'm glad I read this.

Feb 4, 2018 5:19 AM
Somehow it felt like two days of pure suffering xD
I really loved this manga, though I still can't get over the fact that Hasumi and Fukushima ended up together.
I liked Hasumi... and really hated Fukushima xd

Apr 9, 2018 12:38 AM

Vanitasnohime said:
Somehow it felt like two days of pure suffering xD
I really loved this manga, though I still can't get over the fact that Hasumi and Fukushima ended up together.
I liked Hasumi... and really hated Fukushima xd

I felt the same too. The more I read the story and get to know the main trio characters, i felt sad for them for some reason I, even myself can't explain it. It's just sad because I like them all as individuals. And even though I ship for Sumire and Momo, I can't help but feel bad as well for our somehow innocent-slash-stupid Hasumi-kun. I like Hasumi-kun too, because he was a nice guy. And his good friend relationship too with momo haha.

Never thought he would end up with Fuku and I don't know what he's thinking when he asked marriage to Fuku. I mean, did he really fall for her or it is just a sudden attraction/or because he felt real lonely? Something like that. And I can't help but hate Fuku because she was conniving in some part of the manga that I didn't felt sorry for her sometimes, or it didn't felt sincere those tears about her family, things like that, but who am I to judge her? She'd gone some difficulties too that maybe made her became like the way she is now. I wonder if Hasumi will learn to love Fuku, or will Fuku be even happy about being with Hasumi at the end or it will become just an enduring but empty relationship where at the end no one is really happy..which is kinda sad for them.

Anyway, personally, I did love the touch of mystery/time travel if it really is...because sometimes there are things in life that you can't really explain and it just does happen. You know, those unexplainable dreams, that so called "en" (which they talk about in the manga), fate, etc. Stuffs like that, right?

I am happy for Sumire and Momo because they got together at the end. Though I just wished that it would have been better if Sumire had realized her real feelings towards Momo a bit earlier. So maybe it wouldn't had been that sad and too complicated. And we could have seen more Momo and Sumire, and their relationship as lovers grow. Cause, really, I was waiting for those. But overall, I never expected this manga to be one roller coaster ride of emotions. And I am glad that I didn't drop it. :-)
Modified by nume-chan, Apr 9, 2018 12:41 AM