Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
Jan 2, 2017 3:21 PM

May 2015
That episode was awesome.

But where are the nipples? (
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 26, 2017 1:38 AM

Jul 2014
Thank goodness!!! We got a female that isn't the Loli who isn't a fucking dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a game where skill is required for fuck's sake instead of "cheating is good as long as you don't get caught" plague that annoyed me in the first 5 episodes.

Jibril is very.... unique. I got tired of the show treating Steph retarded but they did it here too so that's still a bad thing. The game was actually fun to look at for once.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Feb 18, 2017 1:03 PM

Jan 2016
Okay, no. This episode made me almost drop the series. This is just ridiculous at this point.

1. The "scientific" bases in this show. Entirely flawed. If this were a show that used some scientific fallacies to make it more exciting, but didn't really care about conveying a message or a truth, I'd be fine with it. But they literally try their hardest to sound smart, and really just prove their ignorance in the end. The removal of the mantle would have already caused the collapse of the lithosphere, but the show neglected it. As she was falling towards the inner core, before the disappearance of the atmosphere, she would have burnt up despite the distance due to the immense heat. However, ONCE the atmosphere disappeared, and the vacuum was created, the mantle's heat should have dissipated, both cooling it down and killing them. Despite an unexpected mentioning of Coulumb's Law, the scientific basis behind it was flawed. Coulumb's Force LITERALLY holds atoms and molecules together. Since it's been shown that the players can be effected by these forces, everyone would have died immediately.

2. The fact that he wrote down Columb's Force before having any idea of what she would say? The chances of being able to predict the right kana? Entirely thrown out of proportion. In a real game, he would have lost this immediately.

3. Again, blatant sexism in the show. It'd be fine if it was just for comedic aspects once and a while, but this is just another level of objectification.

This show has gone from a 7 to a 4 in the matter of six episodes.
primaskiFeb 18, 2017 10:01 PM
Mar 11, 2017 9:24 PM

Nov 2016
Wow the best episode I have seen by far!!

I love the animation, it's fricken amazing that I started choking when the Atom bomb was spawned and then a bloody hyper nova! Omfg that was the best.

100000/12 for this episode <3
Apr 5, 2017 2:16 AM

Sep 2016
Easily the best episode of the anime.
Apr 22, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2010
This game was just pure madness O_O Best imaginable match of shiritori, and probably my favourite ep yet!

Kiss was just pure sweetness, Sora and Shiro didn't even have to discuss it beforehand, their bond is amazing 。◕‿◕。
May 26, 2017 12:07 AM
Apr 2016
By far my favorite episode of the series :3 I just loved the creativity put into the game and how it panned out!
Jun 1, 2017 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty cool game, and Jibril is pretty hilarious too. I think it's interesting that their planet happened to have a similar structure to Earth, as well as the underlying physics and chemistry, and that they assumed that would be the case. Some nice fanservice this episode as well ... lol, "there's nothing left to be lewd" XD I wonder if they're ever going to lose though? Maybe not but ... IDK, I think that'd be more interesting, I guess we'll see though :P
Jul 26, 2017 5:07 AM

May 2016
Great episode combining fan service with good plot actually exists.
FrozenRaider said:
That episode was awesome.

But where are the nipples? (
They were removed because of Sora, the rules of the games.
Aug 8, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2017
Apparently, only men would most likely enjoy this anime since there's so much ecchi in it.

Jibril's drooling over the tablet was hillarious. It makes me empathize with her of how
excited I become whenever I get to see new books or volumes. Her reaction made me laugh irl.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Oct 19, 2017 7:38 PM
Mar 2017
Such a great episode, loved the game.
Nov 2, 2017 9:34 AM
Dec 2013
The "Materialization Shiritori" Game is the best idea how to make a simple and just "killing-time" game looks interesting. Hahaha....

Just have 1 question, "I wonder whose person have a similar talking-style with Jibril at begining of this episode (also previously at end of Episode 5)?"
YudistiraNov 2, 2017 9:44 AM
Feb 27, 2018 2:07 PM

Mar 2016
So is Jibril (Flugen) an angel or a succubus? Doesn't really matter...

That game is spectacular, it is certainly better than the previous chess army game! The game started with a bang (literally) and ended with a HYPER BANG! Plus, the fact that I understand what they're doing is just satisfying...

Holy crap... THEY EVEN REFERENCED SKYRIM!!!
ShadowkillZFeb 27, 2018 2:16 PM
Mar 9, 2018 2:57 AM

Feb 2018
Wow this show tries so hard to be smart and funny, and fails even harder.
Terrible. Dropped.
Mar 28, 2018 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
Eric13531 said:
These questions may or may not have already been asked, but I don't want to scroll through everything.

1. Wait, but if Sora and Shiro were transported off of Earth, how can they be sure that their planet did indeed have a mantle, core etc.

They are working on the assumption that it's a parallel universe, so fundamental laws should apply. That planet is supposed to be the same as Earth, which is why they did what they did.

2. If the core and mantle and etc were removed, wouldn't the planet collapse?

Yes, it would. We even saw a small shake as he said "Mantle". Thing is, he was peeling the planet from the inside, so I imagine that erosion was going from inside out. That would give them a couple of minutes which they needed to erase all layers.

3. Was there a particular reason why Jibril wrote ignorance?

Sora played a bluff and it paid off. Simply, he implanted the word into Jibril's head and she thought it would be good to use it to finish the battle. In all honesty, if Sora wasn't prepared for it, it would have been a good finish on her side.

4. If oxygen was removed, then that would include all oxygen, including all oxygen in their body, right?

You can't affect players with this game directly. If they could, all one would have to say is "Jibril" and the game would be over. You have to kill them indirectly. When he erased oxygen, they held their breath while Jibril and Steph didn't. When he erased atmosphere, he breathed out so that vacuum wouldn't force gasses in their bodies to expand like it did with Jibril.

5. Isn't the atmosphere composed of mainly air, predominantly nitrogen?

Yes it is. It doesn't affect what they did.

6. If Coulomb's force were taken away, wouldn't that immediately have an impact on the brain, heart or other parts of the human body BEFORE the hypernova?

Refer to the question 4.

7.Here's a good one: if Coulomb's force were taken away, then wouldn't the atoms from Earth cluster towards a bigger mass such as the sun or Jupiter? Earth is tiny compared to them so why are the atoms being pulled to directly where the Earth was?

First, Sun was erased. Jibril said "I won't let morning come". Second, Newton's law of gravitation is affected by 3 things - Mass of primary and secondary object (in this case it would be Earth and Jupiter) and their distance squared. For example, at this very moment the Sun is exerting gravitational pull at your body. Still, you are not floating away. That's because gravity declines as the distance increases and pull of Earth's gravity is far greater. To return to your question - Yes, Jupiter would create a small gravitational pull on the mantle. But elements in the mantle are far closer to one another, which is why that pull didn't affect hyper nova in the slightest. Finally, lack of Coulomb's force didn't affect just the planet Sora and Jibril were on- It affected all the planets. Game affects everything beside the players. They were simply caught up in the closest explosion.

8. If all air were to be removed and only oxygen existed, what is the point of shared breathing?

The idea of shared breathing is that you create a tight kiss seal and then one partner breathes out while other breathes in. No idea how exactly this works, but from what I could find on the net, it's possible to do it for several minutes at the very least. For the rest of the answer, refer to question 4.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 22, 2018 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
Eric13531 said:

Very eloquently put. Also to clarify, I don't dislike this show. But there are still some things I would like to point out.

Never did I think you disliked the show. It has just the right amount of everything to be fun - Great animation, interesting characters, beautiful OST and interactions that make this show worth watching. And at the time, I also wanted to point out things about this episode, as it's still one of my favorite episodes I've ever watched. The only thing I'd advise is approach it with a bit of suspension of disbelief and not to try to find a hair in every egg.

A) I don't understand your answer to question 2. If the outer core were to be removed, the mantle would fall and the crust would follow. Additionally, the crust is composed of tectonic plates.

Yes it would fall, but with the sheer size and mass a planet has, I honestly doubt all of that would happen in an instant. Only a few minutes passed between Crust and Lithosphere removal, so while the planet was collapsing, it was collapsing slowly. There simply wasn't enough time for anything big to happen to indicate the collapse (aside from quake that happened as Sora erased Crust).

B) I found a pretty big flaw (or at least I think I did). When a word is said, either the object appears or disappears. If it exists, it disappears and if it doesn't it appears. But when Jibril said air, oxygen gas reappeared. If we use something else the players said as an example, Sora said creature. This didn't cause all other kinds of creatures to appear.

I'll answer this in the next question.

C) I don't recall the rule where you can't directly affect the other player (after all, Sora removed parts of the body), but the story would work by just adding in that final rule.

Unfortunately, MadHouse only has about 20 minutes per episode to explain what is exactly happening. That is why some rules were kinda left out but implied. First one is that you can't directly harm your enemy. So removal of Spirit Circuits is fine, but removal of a heart for example isn't. Jibril stated that Spirit Circuits aren't necessary for her to function. Second one is that when you want to erase thing, you have to imagine it (kinda like Light had to have a face in his mind when he was killing people with DN). So when Sora said "Creature", he imagined that thing which chased Steph. This is part of the reason why I read this fight in LN after I've seen it in anime. In retrospect, some parts are even better in LN as there isn't any censoring. Should give it a go.

D) I don't understand what happened after Jibril said air. What did Sora mean when he said that the pressure was too high.

To be honest, I am not quite certain what you mean by this. I rewatched the scene find the specific sentence you said, but only thing even remotely similar was "Oxygen is toxic at tremendous pressure and purity" which means exactly what it said. If you ask me why there were "extreme pressures", well I imagine that with removal of lithosphere, there was a lot of "empty" space to be filled so atmosphere became a lot thinner, thereby causing a huge drop in atmospheric pressures.

P.S. Your answer to question 7 was very well put. g = G m1m2/r^2
I remembered that from physics class.

[/quote]

Well, it is elementary physics after all.
Dimitrije1606Apr 22, 2018 12:27 PM
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Oct 6, 2018 3:42 AM
Apr 2018
I got a little confused/sceptical when they started to talk about physics but the game was a lot of fun.

I still don't know who Jibril's talking was similar to...
Oct 28, 2018 7:51 PM

Apr 2009
Well sh!t, last I heard about Coulomb in media I consume was watching The Avengers when Bruce talks about breaking through the Coulomb barrier with Tony. @_@ Interesting game this Materialization Shiritori is!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 23, 2018 9:53 PM

Dec 2016
What an awesome fucking episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 25, 2019 7:00 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Omg this game was pure excitment.
Now I love Blank even more *-*
with Jibril on their side is will be more easy to conquer everyone xD

May 17, 2019 9:20 AM

Jul 2008
Well this game started with a bang....and ended with one.

This was awesome.
Aug 18, 2019 11:09 AM

Apr 2011
Woah! The episode is great!

Dec 30, 2019 5:30 PM

Feb 2019
These games have amazing rules, I really wasn't expecting this xD

I'm enjoying this series more and more :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 14, 2020 8:53 AM
Feb 2020
so no ones gonna talk about how this dude did the "circular breathing" which has no effect because your breathing in something from another human they would both die and though it is not real it still technically this guy kissing his sister.
Mar 22, 2020 9:39 PM

Sep 2018
Heeeh? He became a master of flugel, he have his own harem now! The game is good, I like this Shiritori, the enjoyable game here so far.
Mar 28, 2020 10:17 AM
Mar 2019
Does anyone know who Jibril's VA is? She sounds really familiar
Jun 14, 2020 3:11 AM

Oct 2015
Wow, that Shiritori game was intense.

Poor Steph, having to act as a decoy for such a long time for all that beast. But she did her job extremely well haha, the monsters haven't attacked Shiro or Sora.

The circular breathing scene was so random, I guess it was just more like an excuse to show a kiss from the siblings or something, do that work irl? Let's say at least for one breath.

I didn't expect Jibril will admire Sora so much that she want they to be her master, it totally surprised me.
Jul 21, 2020 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Jibril was a fun character and the Shiritori game was amusing. What a way to start a game with a hydrogen bomb. XD

Aug 11, 2020 11:39 PM

Aug 2017
And then Jibril joined Sora's harem lmao.

The game was pretty good and most jokes were funny, I was surprised that the game went full physics class at the end.
NurguburuAug 11, 2020 11:45 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 28, 2020 7:35 AM
Sep 2020
The animation was great, but what really astonished me was how big brain the Blank squad has. I assumed something like Cumulus Force was a theory and not real so I was afraid he would lose due to that.
Jan 8, 2021 4:24 AM

Mar 2020
The "fanservice" is really unneccessary in my opinion. Way over the top too. I thought the wordbattle was pretty cool though.
Jan 17, 2021 8:44 PM
Jan 2020
Wow, so they won against an opponent who wasn't even trying now, well congratulationst, Jibril did jack before the gary stus erased the lithosphere. Also, if Sora and Shiro use each other's breath, how do they both speak the next word? Breathing in each other's mouth doesn't create new air, at the very least, it just averages out. How could they still have more air than Jibril?
May 28, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2021
Do you know how sora and shiro won this game
KNOWLEDGE
Jun 9, 2021 10:45 AM

Jun 2020
L O L people shitting on the fanservice r/wOOOOOSH

Mad epic episode!!!!!! Even I myself was getting distracted along the way I didn’t even have in mind that it would get to that scale. That was insane. Misdirection at its finest KUROKO TAKE NOTESSSSS

Jk I love u Kuroko♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 2, 2021 1:48 AM
May 2014
Just had to rewatch this one because of the recently announced rebroadcast. It's really one of the best episodes of the show.
Dec 6, 2021 3:32 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting episode, the writing is pretty clever specially in this one
Dec 13, 2021 8:45 AM

Jul 2021
This battle was undoubtedly the best in the anime so far. Sora is insane, I never expected him to win like that, he had everything planned from the start! I was also curious to know what Sora added to the bet he made with Jibril.
asdasdsadad
Feb 3, 2022 9:39 AM

Jul 2021
Best game they played so far, really creative too.
Jul 31, 2022 5:20 AM

Dec 2021
I enjoyed this game a lot, very unique, best so far.
Aug 22, 2022 1:43 AM

Oct 2019
That game between Sora and Shiro and Jibril was the highlight of this episode, love how they used basic physics and chemistry knowledge, something basically no one in this world would know, to defeat someone who thinks they know everything.
Sep 5, 2022 11:05 AM
Sep 2022
gostando cada vez mais, q anime bom ;-; <3
Mika-chan

Sep 16, 2022 10:50 AM
Aug 2022
Literally just pedophile shit, im sick of this.
Dec 19, 2022 5:15 PM

Jan 2021
This was the funniest episode for me in this series, still don't know how this show is rated as PG-13

Jan 1, 2023 5:06 AM
Dec 2022
Goddamn masterpiece of an episode
Jan 9, 2023 6:08 PM

Aug 2019
this shiritori battle has always been one of my favorite "fights" in the series. could just be because i like word play and language stuff :D. also a smart way to be able to show nude girls and you dont even need to draw their nipples

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2023 3:14 PM

Dec 2021
no no but you have to understand that mouth to mouth circular breathing with my at this time naked 11 year old sister was absolutely existentially needed to survive, fr
Feb 7, 2023 2:30 PM
Feb 2023
miaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0
Jun 14, 2023 2:48 AM
Dec 2022
No episode of any anime flew by this quick.
Jul 2, 2023 3:26 PM

Jan 2021
Wow, this episode was terrible, it reminded me of Bunny Girl Senpai where they use scientific terms in the most stupid way possible.
Jul 23, 2023 9:11 PM
Feb 2021
Pretty insane game really. Best episode yet.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.