Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion


May 14, 2014 1:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17699
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:

Because the game doesn't interfere with them if they would die because of that, the oxygen in their lungs and blood doesn't disappear


So would the hypernova be regarded as interference?
Because it is indirect interference. These are loophole on the rules.
 
May 14, 2014 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 117
elfos said:
They were clearly several occurrences of direct interference in the episode so this does not make much sense here.


Feels free to list them, but there were no direct interferences with the players that would kill them.
 
May 14, 2014 1:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 44
elfos said:
I don't understand all the ultra-positive reactions. Clearly, the episode was fun, entertaining (minus too much fan service) and definitely epic (though I thought it wasn't that well executed, probably because the context and the animation are not as epic-friendly as in KLK or TTGL), but once again, the players' strategies were not that smart (Sure, you show off with your -basic - knowledge of pressure, atomic physics, fundamental interactions and hypernovae, but doesn't everyone know this? Not that it was bad, the idea of using the lack of knowledge of the opponent was good, but I'm just saying here that it wasn't as mind-blowing as most people here make it to be).
I'd give it a good 3.5/5 but I don't understand the 95% of 5's.


Hmm I think it's due to the incongruity of the show. Everyone knows their basic knowledge, yes, but I don't think anyone was expecting how all that would come to play. At least, I wasn't. And then it just kept building up from there. Also, I think it being smart in the knowledgeable sense or in the complex sense was not really the huge factor, but smart in the writer's use of comedy, and smart in the oh-snap-why-didn't-I-see-that-coming were.

For me anyway, simple subtle foreshadowing is the smartest mechanic, and I think the show pulled this off pretty well. Abstract and complex stuff goes below simplicity.
 
May 14, 2014 1:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 422
elfos said:
Robin6128 said:
FireKiller87 said:
You're forgetting that air is only composed of 21% oxygen, so when they said "Oxygen", there was still the remaining components of air inside their lungs.


What, and you are able to respire with nitrogen?


I think he meant that your lungs won't collapse from it. Clearly you still won't have any oxygen though and won't be able to respire.


NeoAnkara said:
Robin6128 said:
Jibril is such an annoying character. She should have died permanently. Her addiction for knowledge was not funny at all.

Where he said "oxygen", he should have died. Breathing before he says oxygen should have made no difference, as the oxygen inside his lungs too would disappear? Their lungs should have collapsed, and since Jibril was run on magic circuits, she would probably live?

Why is there so much crappy fanservice -___-
"Technically, it is impossible for any direct interference that causes the other party to be unable to continue the game."

"So no direct interference would happen to the players ?"

"Yes."

LN volume 2 chapter 2 part 4.


They were clearly several occurrences of direct interference in the episode so this does not make much sense here.


Well NeoAnkara didn't post the whole part; only direct interference that would kill is disallowed so things like removing clothes is still possible.

And no the Hypernovea was NO direct interference as it didn't start in their bodies...
 
May 14, 2014 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17699
Caleb8980 said:
elfos said:
Robin6128 said:
FireKiller87 said:
You're forgetting that air is only composed of 21% oxygen, so when they said "Oxygen", there was still the remaining components of air inside their lungs.


What, and you are able to respire with nitrogen?


I think he meant that your lungs won't collapse from it. Clearly you still won't have any oxygen though and won't be able to respire.


NeoAnkara said:
Robin6128 said:
Jibril is such an annoying character. She should have died permanently. Her addiction for knowledge was not funny at all.

Where he said "oxygen", he should have died. Breathing before he says oxygen should have made no difference, as the oxygen inside his lungs too would disappear? Their lungs should have collapsed, and since Jibril was run on magic circuits, she would probably live?

Why is there so much crappy fanservice -___-
"Technically, it is impossible for any direct interference that causes the other party to be unable to continue the game."

"So no direct interference would happen to the players ?"

"Yes."

LN volume 2 chapter 2 part 4.


They were clearly several occurrences of direct interference in the episode so this does not make much sense here.


Well NeoAnkara didn't post the whole part; only direct interference that would kill is disallowed so things like removing clothes is still possible.

And no the Hypernovea was NO direct interference as it didn't start in their bodies...
"In addition, what if it wasn't directly interfering? For example, [Heart] or [Water] which makes up our body."

Seeing Sora trying to grasp the rules carefully and with prudence, Jibril felt admiration and smiled, before replying back:

"If that happens, then whatever that constitutes the player will be retained, but otherwise would disappear. For example, if water was spoken, water aside from your bodies would disappear, so does the heart ; as a Flügel myself, my body is generally [Elemental gallery]. so if [Elemental gallery] was to disappear, my body would not be affected in any way."

More info about the rules from LN.
 
May 14, 2014 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 276
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but this is the ANIME, not the LN. Did they say these rules in the anime? No.

Someone explain to me how they were able to breathe in oxygen before, when they are so clearly in a VACUUM?
 
May 14, 2014 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 964
No words can describe how fucking amazing this was.
 
May 14, 2014 1:33 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 23
Caleb8980 said:
elfos said:
Robin6128 said:
FireKiller87 said:
You're forgetting that air is only composed of 21% oxygen, so when they said "Oxygen", there was still the remaining components of air inside their lungs.


What, and you are able to respire with nitrogen?


I think he meant that your lungs won't collapse from it. Clearly you still won't have any oxygen though and won't be able to respire.


NeoAnkara said:
Robin6128 said:
Jibril is such an annoying character. She should have died permanently. Her addiction for knowledge was not funny at all.

Where he said "oxygen", he should have died. Breathing before he says oxygen should have made no difference, as the oxygen inside his lungs too would disappear? Their lungs should have collapsed, and since Jibril was run on magic circuits, she would probably live?

Why is there so much crappy fanservice -___-
"Technically, it is impossible for any direct interference that causes the other party to be unable to continue the game."

"So no direct interference would happen to the players ?"

"Yes."

LN volume 2 chapter 2 part 4.


They were clearly several occurrences of direct interference in the episode so this does not make much sense here.


Well NeoAnkara didn't post the whole part; only direct interference that would kill is disallowed so things like removing clothes is still possible.

And no the Hypernovea was NO direct interference as it didn't start in their bodies...


Then by this rule, removing oxygen is in no way direct interference even if it removes the oxygen in your lungs in the process.
 
May 14, 2014 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 17
Robin6128 said:
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but this is the ANIME, not the LN. Did they say these rules in the anime? No.

Someone explain to me how they were able to breathe in oxygen before, when they are so clearly in a VACUUM?

They were not in a vacuum. When they said Lithosphere they just removed the outermost layer of the planet, the atmosphere was still there, but now falling towards the core of the planet. The atmosphere was not removed until they said atmosphere.
Modified by Uzza, May 14, 2014 1:59 PM
 
May 14, 2014 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17699
elfos said:
Then by this rule, removing oxygen is in no way direct interference even if it removes the oxygen in your lungs in the process.
What removed is Oxygen in the air not in their lung.
 
May 14, 2014 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 68
How can I rate this anime less than 10 now that I saw this episode?

I would rate it 11 if i could. It was amazing!!
 
May 14, 2014 1:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1432
I love how people are arguing about science in this anime. Can't you guys just enjoy this anime?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
 
May 14, 2014 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17699
Dimitrije1606 said:
I love how people are arguing about science in this anime. Can't you guys just enjoy this anime?
Understanding it are part of enjoyment.
 
May 14, 2014 1:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 422
elfos said:
Caleb8980 said:
elfos said:
Robin6128 said:
FireKiller87 said:
You're forgetting that air is only composed of 21% oxygen, so when they said "Oxygen", there was still the remaining components of air inside their lungs.


What, and you are able to respire with nitrogen?


I think he meant that your lungs won't collapse from it. Clearly you still won't have any oxygen though and won't be able to respire.


NeoAnkara said:
Robin6128 said:
Jibril is such an annoying character. She should have died permanently. Her addiction for knowledge was not funny at all.

Where he said "oxygen", he should have died. Breathing before he says oxygen should have made no difference, as the oxygen inside his lungs too would disappear? Their lungs should have collapsed, and since Jibril was run on magic circuits, she would probably live?

Why is there so much crappy fanservice -___-
"Technically, it is impossible for any direct interference that causes the other party to be unable to continue the game."

"So no direct interference would happen to the players ?"

"Yes."

LN volume 2 chapter 2 part 4.


They were clearly several occurrences of direct interference in the episode so this does not make much sense here.


Well NeoAnkara didn't post the whole part; only direct interference that would kill is disallowed so things like removing clothes is still possible.

And no the Hypernovea was NO direct interference as it didn't start in their bodies...


Then by this rule, removing oxygen is in no way direct interference even if it removes the oxygen in your lungs in the process.


Ehm but you know that the lungs are not the only part in your body that need oxygen to live?

The moment you would make all oxygen disappear the brain would collapse rushing past a coma to instant death...

Seriously if you want to criticize sth, think your point through as like this you just seem like a troll...

Robin6128 said:
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but this is the ANIME, not the LN. Did they say these rules in the anime? No.

Someone explain to me how they were able to breathe in oxygen before, when they are so clearly in a VACUUM?


Way to read past my post that even pointed out 09:00 as the moment in the anime that explained the same fact as the LN -.-

Also the Vacuum only happened the moment the atmosphere disappeared, before (before the oxygen was removed) they could breath without problems.
 
May 14, 2014 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 276
Uzza said:
Robin6128 said:
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but this is the ANIME, not the LN. Did they say these rules in the anime? No.

Someone explain to me how they were able to breathe in oxygen before, when they are so clearly in a VACUUM?

They were not in a vacuum. When they said Lithosphere they just removed the outermost layer of the planet, the atmosphere was still there, but now falling towards the core of the star. The atmosphere was not removed until they said atmosphere.


If the atmosphere is moving towards the star, then we can assume that the gas particles are moving towards that, as it has the greatest gravitational force. The gases have little pressure, so that should mean they can't breathe it in, surely. The "atmosphere" itself would dissipate, separating out.

And suppose that DIDN'T happen, when "gas" was said, the whole atmosphere should have disappeared altogether. That should have rendered them unable to say "Real atmosphere".
 
May 14, 2014 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10458
Got a few problems with the physics here. I'm no expert by any means so I'd usually be the very last one to pick on that kind of stuff unless it really strikes me as impossibly weird. But for Sora to remove the crust, mantle and lithosphere he had to assume they were there to begin with. Yet the Shiritori game is taking place in Disboard, right ? Afaic, he has no reason to assume this alternate world works anything like ours, at least physics-wise. For all we know Disboard could be but a flat land stretching to infinity. But I guess disbelief ain't that hard to suspend here : gotta get our epic game after all.
Another minor problem I had was with the whole crust/mantle/lithosphere removal : Sora first removed the crust and the mantle before attacking the lithosphere. Problem is the lithosphere basically is the crust and the upper part of the upper mantle, so they (Jibril, Sora and co.) should have all started to fall down as soon as he said 'crust', and when he said 'lithosphere' the crust and the upper mantle should have actually come back.

But it's anime, so it doesn't really matter. The game was still much much much fun.

I was not prepared for the Shiro service though. I'm perfectly fine with Steph and Jibril but like it or not Sora-kun, a 11 year-old is still off-fucking-limits, regardless of whether or not she still has her lady parts. I'm also getting a bit tired of Steph's treatment, even though it's 100% played for the laughs (or maybe because it's 100% played for the laughs, I dunno...). The siblings ain't cool with her like, at all.

elfos said:
I'd give it a good 3.5/5 but I don't understand the 95% of 5's.

You can thank Madhouse for the amazing balls visuals that accompanied the game: they helped a lot. Also, space makes everything more epic. Don't ask me why, it's a fact.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
May 14, 2014 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1171
That was, quite simply, brilliant.


 
May 14, 2014 1:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14151
It was a good episode but it would of been good if Jibril, Sora and Shiro had actually gotten a little scorched from being so close to the Earth's core as would of been the case if it was a yami no game. How was Sora able to summon a hydrogen bomb though? According to the rules you can't summon something that doesn't exist and a hydrogen bomb would not exist in the fantasy game world they are in.
 
May 14, 2014 1:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
Uzza said:
but now falling towards the core of the star..


Planet, not star, they were falling towards the molten core of the planet. Japanese uses the same character for both so it is often mistranslated. Mystery Science Theater had a wonderful time with this during one of the Gamera shows.

Otherwise you are correct, you can even see the atmosphere when the lithosphere had been removed and Jibili responded.
 
May 14, 2014 1:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 422
Robin6128 said:
Uzza said:
Robin6128 said:
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but this is the ANIME, not the LN. Did they say these rules in the anime? No.

Someone explain to me how they were able to breathe in oxygen before, when they are so clearly in a VACUUM?

They were not in a vacuum. When they said Lithosphere they just removed the outermost layer of the planet, the atmosphere was still there, but now falling towards the core of the star. The atmosphere was not removed until they said atmosphere.


If the atmosphere is moving towards the star, then we can assume that the gas particles are moving towards that, as it has the greatest gravitational force. The gases have little pressure, so that should mean they can't breathe it in, surely. The "atmosphere" itself would dissipate, separating out.

And suppose that DIDN'T happen, when "gas" was said, the whole atmosphere should have disappeared altogether. That should have rendered them unable to say "Real atmosphere".


Oxygen was said...not gas and sound only needs any kind of medium to travel not only oxygen, every other collection of particles can be a medium, also there is no star.

They are falling to the Earth's core and no the atmosphere would not disperse as long as the Earth's core is still there...that core is the centre of the gravitational force hence as long as it is there gravity of the Earth is still there
Modified by Caleb8980, May 14, 2014 1:58 PM
 
May 14, 2014 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1402
Robin6128 said:
Uzza said:
Robin6128 said:
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but this is the ANIME, not the LN. Did they say these rules in the anime? No.

Someone explain to me how they were able to breathe in oxygen before, when they are so clearly in a VACUUM?

They were not in a vacuum. When they said Lithosphere they just removed the outermost layer of the planet, the atmosphere was still there, but now falling towards the core of the star. The atmosphere was not removed until they said atmosphere.


If the atmosphere is moving towards the star, then we can assume that the gas particles are moving towards that, as it has the greatest gravitational force. The gases have little pressure, so that should mean they can't breathe it in, surely. The "atmosphere" itself would dissipate, separating out.

And suppose that DIDN'T happen, when "gas" was said, the whole atmosphere should have disappeared altogether. That should have rendered them unable to say "Real atmosphere".


What I saw, he did not breathe in, aside of the kiss from his sister.

The rules of the game state that when you say something, it either disappears or appears, depends on if it is their or not. Even though the physics says that the atmosphere would dissipate, the GAMES rules says it does not. So even though Gas was said, the GAMES rules said it would not affect the atmosphere

In other words, the GAME'S rules overrule the RULES of the world.
 
May 14, 2014 1:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 276
Caleb8980 said:
Oxygen was said...not gas and sound only needs any kind of medium to travel not only oxygen, every other collection of particles can be a medium, also there is no star.

They are falling to the Earth's cor and no the atmosphere would not disperse as long as the Earth's core is still there...that core is the centre of the gravitational force hence as long as it is there gravity of the Earth is still there


I meant to say air, but the point still stands. There should have been NO atmosphere after "air" was said. THEY wouldn't be able to produce the sound. They wouldn't be able to speak.

I used the word "star" as someone else before me used it.

ThirdEyeOpen said:

What I saw, he did not breathe in, aside of the kiss from his sister.

The rules of the game state that when you say something, it either disappears or appears, depends on if it is their or not. Even though the physics says that the atmosphere would dissipate, the GAMES rules says it does not. So even though Gas was said, the GAMES rules said it would not affect the atmosphere

In other words, the GAME'S rules overrule the RULES of the world.

They both breathed in right AFTER the kiss, where they said "Real atmosphere". That shouldn't be able to happen.

Where explicitly did the game rule say that it would not affect the atmosphere?

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by julyan, May 15, 2014 4:35 AM
 
May 14, 2014 2:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
I can't believe I finally found an anime that is as "chess-like" as deathnote and code geass. This is almost certainly my 3rd 10/10 barring a bad ending.
 
May 14, 2014 2:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 17
Oups, I'm 100% certain that I was in the process of writing planet, so no idea how I managed to write star instead. XD
 
May 14, 2014 2:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 122
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:
Oxygen was said...not gas and sound only needs any kind of medium to travel not only oxygen, every other collection of particles can be a medium, also there is no star.

They are falling to the Earth's cor and no the atmosphere would not disperse as long as the Earth's core is still there...that core is the centre of the gravitational force hence as long as it is there gravity of the Earth is still there


I meant to say air, but the point still stands. There should have been NO atmosphere after "air" was said. THEY wouldn't be able to produce the sound. They wouldn't be able to speak.

I used the word "star" as someone else before me used it.


After "air" was said, the atmosphere became 100% oxygen. Sound would till be transmitted.
 
May 14, 2014 2:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 44
Sapewloth said:
Got a few problems with the physics here. I'm no expert by any means so I'd usually be the very last one to pick on that kind of stuff unless it really strikes me as impossibly weird. But for Sora to remove the crust, mantle and lithosphere he had to assume they were there to begin with. Yet the Shiritori game is taking place in Disboard, right ? Afaic, he has no reason to assume this alternate world works anything like ours, at least physics-wise. For all we know Disboard could be but a flat land stretching to infinity. But I guess disbelief ain't that hard to suspend here : gotta get our epic game after all.


Perhaps he gathered that from episode 1 where we got to see how Disboard looked like from space. Still is an assumption, though, that Disboard's world is comprised of the same things as Earth's.
 
May 14, 2014 2:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1402
Robin6128 said:
ThirdEyeOpen said:

What I saw, he did not breathe in, aside of the kiss from his sister.

The rules of the game state that when you say something, it either disappears or appears, depends on if it is their or not. Even though the physics says that the atmosphere would dissipate, the GAMES rules says it does not. So even though Gas was said, the GAMES rules said it would not affect the atmosphere

In other words, the GAME'S rules overrule the RULES of the world.


They both breathed in right AFTER the kiss, where they said "Real atmosphere". That shouldn't be able to happen.

Where explicitly did the game rule say that it would not affect the atmosphere?


The rule that states if the object is there, it will disappear. and vice-versa. Even though the components of the atmosphere and the forces keeping it intact were gone, it itself was not, like the example with the air prior to this.
 
May 14, 2014 2:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 422
dirtyuncle said:
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:
Oxygen was said...not gas and sound only needs any kind of medium to travel not only oxygen, every other collection of particles can be a medium, also there is no star.

They are falling to the Earth's cor and no the atmosphere would not disperse as long as the Earth's core is still there...that core is the centre of the gravitational force hence as long as it is there gravity of the Earth is still there


I meant to say air, but the point still stands. There should have been NO atmosphere after "air" was said. THEY wouldn't be able to produce the sound. They wouldn't be able to speak.

I used the word "star" as someone else before me used it.


After "air" was said, the atmosphere became 100% oxygen. Sound would till be transmitted.


^This

EDIT: Sorry but you are heading to a dead end...the author of this show thinks many things through...whether you want to accept that or not.
Modified by Caleb8980, May 14, 2014 2:11 PM
 
May 14, 2014 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1402
helloworId said:
Sapewloth said:
Got a few problems with the physics here. I'm no expert by any means so I'd usually be the very last one to pick on that kind of stuff unless it really strikes me as impossibly weird. But for Sora to remove the crust, mantle and lithosphere he had to assume they were there to begin with. Yet the Shiritori game is taking place in Disboard, right ? Afaic, he has no reason to assume this alternate world works anything like ours, at least physics-wise. For all we know Disboard could be but a flat land stretching to infinity. But I guess disbelief ain't that hard to suspend here : gotta get our epic game after all.


Perhaps he gathered that from episode 1 where we got to see how Disboard looked like from space. Still is an assumption, though, that Disboard's world is comprised of the same things as Earth's.


He also did read many books in the prior episodes, where he learned a good amount of the world
 
May 14, 2014 2:10 PM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6596
I'm I the only one who thought the circular breathing was just used as means to justify their kiss?

Great episode the match was intense.Fanservice was good too.

And it's official Jibril=best girl.

 
May 14, 2014 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 276
dirtyuncle said:

After "air" was said, the atmosphere became 100% oxygen. Sound would till be transmitted.


So let me get this straight. They say oxygen, which removes all the oxygen. They shouldn't be able to breathe now. Let's say that the oxygen isn't removed from their lungs, which it should really. Saying air would get rid of all of the atmosphere leaving it just with oxygen. There should just be oxygen now. That should be DRAWN towards the core, if the crust and etc are gone. There are no particles to vibrate for sound. We know there is no atmosphere left, because when he said "atmosphere", one appeared.
 
May 14, 2014 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3312
Lol, they actually came up with a new and interesting way to show us the obligatory beach scene.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
May 14, 2014 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1402
Robin6128 said:
dirtyuncle said:

After "air" was said, the atmosphere became 100% oxygen. Sound would till be transmitted.


So let me get this straight. They say oxygen, which removes all the oxygen. They shouldn't be able to breathe now. Let's say that the oxygen isn't removed from their lungs, which it should really. Saying air would get rid of all of the atmosphere leaving it just with oxygen. There should just be oxygen now. That should be DRAWN towards the core, if the crust and etc are gone. There are no particles to vibrate for sound. We know there is no atmosphere left, because when he said "atmosphere", one appeared.


They would have won anyways at this time, as Jibril would die first
 
May 14, 2014 2:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
Sapewloth said:
Another minor problem I had was with the whole crust/mantle/lithosphere removal : Sora first removed the crust and the mantle before attacking the lithosphere. Problem is the lithosphere basically is the crust and the upper part of the upper mantle,


The answer I think was a translation mistake. Gaikaku does mean "crust", but that is when it is written as 外殻. However the way gaikaku was written in the show was 外核 which literally means "outer core".

So when he said mantle, she thought he meant female cloaks (but since he had taken away female clothing earlier (see there was a point) was there to disappear to prove that was what he meant). Since Gaikaku is a homophone, she thought he meant some sort of crust, not the outer core of the planet. That just left the lithosphere.

I like that you are paying this much attention, when you brought it up I thought I should check, once again it looks like the writer is smarter than we thought. That was why the animators made sure to show the Kanji. Clever clever.
 
May 14, 2014 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 117
Robin6128 said:
Also, since the atmosphere was gone (it was clearly gone, since when he said atmosphere, one appeared), they should have suffered from hypoxia. Without the pressure, the oxygen wouldn't continue to act the way it would. The cardiovascular system would be rendered useless.


When he said "Atmosphere" all gases disappeared, nothing appeared.
 
May 14, 2014 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1402
Robin6128 said:
Also, since the atmosphere was gone (it was clearly gone, since when he said atmosphere, one appeared), they should have suffered from hypoxia. Without the pressure, the oxygen wouldn't continue to act the way it would. The cardiovascular system would be rendered useless.


But that is a direct interference, and is not allowed in the game.

EDIT: missed the atmosphere appearing part. When he said atmpshere, the only thing left was the core of the world, nothing appeared.
 
May 14, 2014 2:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 122
Robin6128 said:
dirtyuncle said:

After "air" was said, the atmosphere became 100% oxygen. Sound would till be transmitted.


So let me get this straight. They say oxygen, which removes all the oxygen. They shouldn't be able to breathe now. Let's say that the oxygen isn't removed from their lungs, which it should really. Saying air would get rid of all of the atmosphere leaving it just with oxygen.


Yep, you got it up until to this part. Saying "air" is the same as saying "a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, etc.", so the stuff which wasn't there (oxygen) reappeared, while all the other gasses disappeared.

Robin6128 said:
There should just be oxygen now. That should be DRAWN towards the core, if the crust and etc are gone. There are no particles to vibrate for sound. We know there is no atmosphere left, because when he said "atmosphere", one appeared.


It's actually the other way around. They breathed out (both to save their lungs from rupturing and to add the other gasses besides oxygen back into the mix) and said "atmosphere", thus removing it and creating a vacuum, which then lasted until the end of the game.
 
May 14, 2014 2:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10458
ThirdEyeOpen said:
helloworId said:
Sapewloth said:
Got a few problems with the physics here. I'm no expert by any means so I'd usually be the very last one to pick on that kind of stuff unless it really strikes me as impossibly weird. But for Sora to remove the crust, mantle and lithosphere he had to assume they were there to begin with. Yet the Shiritori game is taking place in Disboard, right ? Afaic, he has no reason to assume this alternate world works anything like ours, at least physics-wise. For all we know Disboard could be but a flat land stretching to infinity. But I guess disbelief ain't that hard to suspend here : gotta get our epic game after all.


Perhaps he gathered that from episode 1 where we got to see how Disboard looked like from space. Still is an assumption, though, that Disboard's world is comprised of the same things as Earth's.


He also did read many books in the prior episodes, where he learned a good amount of the world


Ah! Fair enough. Still a bit surprised that a knowledge nerd like Jibril wouldn't be aware of such info regarding her own universe, unless we assume that the info contained in those books were just very basic information about Disboard's physics (Disboard being less advanced than Earth science-wise) and that Sora, upon realizing Disboard and our universe work similarly, completed with his own physics knowledge. That would make sense.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
May 14, 2014 2:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 276
DivAsakust said:

When he said "Atmosphere" all gases disappeared, nothing appeared.


So you're saying that the atmosphere stayed then? After removing air? When the oxygen should have dissipated?
 
May 14, 2014 2:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 422
Robin6128 said:
Also, since the atmosphere was gone (it was clearly gone, since when he said atmosphere, one appeared), they should have suffered from hypoxia. Without the pressure, the oxygen wouldn't continue to act the way it would. The cardiovascular system would be rendered useless.


Hence they breathed out before saying so...that was even shown in the anime...

Also sry to be the one to get this but the formula of gravitation is: F=(GxM1xM2)/r^2

m1 is the mass of the earth's core
g is the gravitational constant
r is the radius to the core
and m2 is the mass of the body you want to know the force of.

Obviously the mass of particles is next to 0 so the actual gravitational force is incredible weak...surely it would take minutes if not hours until all of the oxygen would be pulled into the core.
Modified by Caleb8980, May 14, 2014 2:25 PM
 
May 14, 2014 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 117
Robin6128 said:
DivAsakust said:

When he said "Atmosphere" all gases disappeared, nothing appeared.


So you're saying that the atmosphere stayed then? After removing air? When the oxygen should have dissipated?

It would not dissipate that fast. It everything followed your seemingly lightspeed cause and effect, then the world would've just collapsed on itself after mantle was said.
Modified by Sphaela, May 14, 2014 2:27 PM
 
May 14, 2014 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21177
Really intense game. So now Sora has more books, that bookworm!
I like the comedy in this series, it never fails to make me laugh xD 5/5 episode.

Basically my thoughts on the preview.
 
May 14, 2014 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 276
Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heat of the core would cause them both to die of heat. I'm sure the human body is not so resistant to heat is it?

In a vacuum they surely wouldn't survive for much over 2 minutes (according to sources).

...or do they both count as "direct interferences" again?
 
May 14, 2014 2:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 422
Robin6128 said:
Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heat of the core would cause them both to die of heat. I'm sure the human body is not so resistant to heat is it?

In a vacuum they surely wouldn't survive for much over 2 minutes (according to sources).


Now you even answered your own question...in a vacuum bodies can't hold their temperatur but that on the other hand means that the emission of the core lost most of its temperatur until it reached Sora and Shiro, hence they didn't freeze, nor did they die in the heat until they reached the core
 
May 14, 2014 2:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14151
Robin6128 said:
Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heat of the core would cause them both to die of heat. I'm sure the human body is not so resistant to heat is it?

In a vacuum they surely wouldn't survive for much over 2 minutes (according to sources).

...or do they both count as "direct interferences" again?
This isn't like in a yami no game where you can actually be injured or receive damage from the effects of the game.
 
May 14, 2014 2:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 122
Robin6128 said:
In a vacuum they surely wouldn't survive for much over 2 minutes (according to sources).

Well, sure. Only two words were played after they created a vacuum, so it can't have been longer than a minute (probably shorter, since they didn't wait out the entire 30 seconds).
 
May 14, 2014 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 117
Robin6128 said:
Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heat of the core would cause them both to die of heat. I'm sure the human body is not so resistant to heat is it?

In a vacuum they surely wouldn't survive for much over 2 minutes (according to sources).

...or do they both count as "direct interferences" again?


You know the span of time between the jump off the temple and the ending, was around like 15~30 seconds if you cut out the inner monologues of explaining right. They weren't just floating in space for minutes on end.
 
May 14, 2014 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 154
This one episode single-handedly beat every other anime that came out in the last 2 years! The scale of this was super crazy! Please tell me more of this is going to come, I'm starting to like this anime now lol
 
May 14, 2014 2:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
Robin6128 said:
Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heat of the core would cause them both to die of heat. I'm sure the human body is not so resistant to heat is it?

In a vacuum they surely wouldn't survive for much over 2 minutes (according to sources).

...or do they both count as "direct interferences" again?


No, distance plays into it, remember they were 1,800 miles (the distance of the Earth's mantle) away from the core, so they would have had to fall quite a distance before the heat became unbearable (which is why they had to cause the heat to come to them).

And if you time the episode everything once they entered the vacuum was done in under 1 minute.
 
May 14, 2014 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 276
Caleb8980 said:
Robin6128 said:
Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heat of the core would cause them both to die of heat. I'm sure the human body is not so resistant to heat is it?

In a vacuum they surely wouldn't survive for much over 2 minutes (according to sources).


Now you even answered your own question...in a vacuum bodies can't hold their temperatur but that on the other hand means that the emission of the core lost most of its temperatur until it reached Sora and Shiro, hence they didn't freeze, nor did they die in the heat until they reached the core


The lack of pressure would cause their fluids to boil, and heat is lost fast. Ignoring the core for a moment, that would lead to fluids freezing and death within 1 minute. I have sources for that too, if you want.
 
Top
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »