Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
May 14, 2014 6:04 AM
How much does it cost for the directors to produce one episode? It must be alot since every episode seems like a movie with all the angles and motion animation being done. Plus, most popular shonen anime's don't necessarily have that much quality production but it is really odd that HxH breaks the typical shonen anime by having psychological focus and more mature content than the norm.

It's surprising that even though Gon is naive, he understand that he can't save everybody and does go for a bloodlust kill.

May 14, 2014 7:50 AM

Isn't that a good sign that HxH has excellent animation quality? Hopefully they'll set the trend of high-quality animation for other shounen animes.

I'm not sure about the kind of budget it has per episode but I'm really pleased with its quality. When it comes to shounen animes whereby there's plenty of lightning quick fighting and action going on, I would like to see everything clearly rather than have the same few repeated clips (coughdragonballcough) and blurred moves.

There's no such thing as too good a quality for animation, especially for one of the HxH calibre.

May 14, 2014 8:42 AM

I am on ep 35 an I have to say the quality of animation isn't impressive at all, its just ok

Eneeli said:
Isn't that a good sign that HxH has excellent animation quality? Hopefully they'll set the trend of high-quality animation for other shounen animes.

are you saying that other shonen anime don't have high quality animation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oUW1MmZjDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MjbJ4p5e54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYxY1lgnqw
any of these ones look amazing an far better than anything ive seen on HxH so far

May 14, 2014 8:54 AM
silversaint said:
I am on ep 35 an I have to say the quality of animation isn't impressive at all, its just ok

Eneeli said:

any of these ones look amazing an far better than anything ive seen on HxH so far

I think you should compare HxH with +100 shonen, like One Piece, Toriko and Bleach

I think HxH has a better overall animation quality than almost all +100 animes, only Naruto Shippuden is better than HxH

May 14, 2014 9:06 AM

omaar97 said:

I think you should compare HxH with +100 shonen, like One Piece, Toriko and Bleach

I think HxH has a better overall animation quality than almost all +100 animes, only Naruto Shippuden is better than HxH

they never mentioned long runners, they were mentioning shonen so I compared to other shonen... an also they were saying that HxH was apparently "movie quality", there are some low budget movies that look like shit but then there are high budget movies that look like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5JMZm5m1o8
certainly HxH doesnt look like that

also looking better than Naruto isn't something to brag about since Naruto animation is average for the most part

May 14, 2014 9:07 AM

silversaint said:

r

Wait you saw episode 35 and still say it's only "okay"?

May 14, 2014 9:14 AM

bleachjoj said:
silversaint said:

r

Wait you saw episode 35 and still say it's only "okay"?

yeah that's what I said

May 14, 2014 9:45 AM

silversaint said:

Eneeli said:

None of these look impressive in the least. Without the cardboard cut-out looking animation and one impressive shot, that lost canvas is one step above being stills.

Brotherhood at best is as good as hxh at best, some very impressive scenes, but being longer, hxh offers more.
Also BH lacks the detail HxH employs, like the effects of clouds, consistent showings of Nen and lack thereof according to the situation, and few others that would be spoiler-y now.

Nothing you showed had the continuous, fast paced, fully choreographed awesomenesd that aas episode 35.
Why fast paced? Because your posted shows would take two attacks and stretch them out in slow motion for a duration as long as this fight.
The gon vs hisoka exchange was like what? A minute? And had more impressve animation.
Even that food fight at episode 53 had better animation.
Modified by Grunbeld, May 14, 2014 9:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 14, 2014 10:05 AM

judals said:

Nothing you showed had the continuous, fast paced, fully choreographed awesomenesd that aas episode 35.
Why fast paced? Because your posted shows would take two attacks and stretch them out in slow motion for a duration as long as this fight.
The gon vs hisoka exchange was like what? A minute? And had more impressve animation.
Even that food fight at episode 53 had better animation.

id look forward for that food fight then, hopefully id have better animation that Kastro vs Hisoka an be FMA Brotherhood level
btw Gon vs Hisoka lasted more than half an ep not a minute, well the actual fight lasted like a 4 minutes or so the rest was just them talking or just staring, fast paced indeed

May 14, 2014 10:11 AM

I was talking about the exchage at the start, it was 1 minute yet compressed so much good animation thanks to being fast paced. Regularly, if an anime even bothers to produce this, it would slo-mo the hell out of it.

That's what I meant by fast paced. As for the general meaning regarding the episode, to me pacing is the flowrate of info, so even talking can be fast pacing as long as it is something good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 14, 2014 10:17 AM

I wish they continued the Lost Canvas...

Anyway, the clips that silversaint posted are very beautiful (especially the BH one). Lost Canvas had a very beautiful art style so that's why the animation looked so good, be it a whole bunch of slo-mo. There were better scenes in the show, I think.

With that being said, HxH's animation only gets better as it progresses. But even then, I was always impressed by how good the animation was from the start, shit got sooo much better in the Yorknew Arc. And then there's episode 126.

May 14, 2014 10:36 AM

Eneeli said:
Hopefully they'll set the trend of high-quality animation for other shounen animes.

I'm not sure what that even means.

OT: It's overall good, but I don't I think I was impressed by any animation any where. Looks okay for the most part.

May 14, 2014 10:41 AM

silversaint said:
omaar97 said:

they never mentioned long runners, they were mentioning shonen so I compared to other shonen... an also they were saying that HxH was apparently "movie quality", there are some low budget movies that look like shit but then there are high budget movies that look like this

also looking better than Naruto isn't something to brag about since Naruto animation is average for the most part

yes it is something to brag about considering it's been going 120+ episodes and hasn't dropped even once. On it's own, the show isn't always super amazing but it's consistently good.
Modified by gedata, May 14, 2014 12:24 PM

May 14, 2014 10:47 AM

omaar97 said:
silversaint said:

Eneeli said:

I dont think Shippuuden looks that good tbh.
I prefer One Piece over it.

May 14, 2014 10:50 AM
I do remember, a long while back though, that people were saying Hunter x Hunter had little money involved. Honestly, to this day I'm not sure how they could think that. Tell me, has there been a moment of off character modeling throughout its entire run. And all of that judicial use of Sasuga. That is not a sign of a show with little money. It's even more impressive by the fact that its been on late night for over five months now and still no real big signs of decrease besides recaps.

So yeah I find it impressive.
Modified by MCAL, May 14, 2014 10:54 AM

May 14, 2014 10:55 AM
gedata said:
silversaint said:
omaar97 said:

yes it is something to brag about considering it's been going 120+ episodes and hasn't dropped even once. On it's own, the show isn't amazing but it's consistently good.

Such a fangurl comment to make: "I know it's not 'high' quality but it's dependable in its presentation of average to good quality over a long length of time (hasn't dropped to 'bad' yet!); means its brag-worthy". No.

May 14, 2014 10:59 AM

It's ok, I guess. Sometimes the quality drops though..... but it's pretty consistent.

May 14, 2014 12:47 PM
I'm at episode 110 and it keeps making me surprise how the slow motion effects and the whole sequence are so well paced.

I've never really experienced a dull moment where the character's aren't moving since the 100 mark.

Does anybody know the ratings for Hunter x Hunter because I believe that it's not even shown on the weekends.

May 14, 2014 1:29 PM

lebron181 said:
I'm at episode 110 and it keeps making me surprise how the slow motion effects and the whole sequence are so well paced.

I've never really experienced a dull moment where the character's aren't moving since the 100 mark.

Does anybody know the ratings for Hunter x Hunter because I believe that it's not even shown on the weekends.

Yeah, it no longer shows on the weekends for whatever reason. If it means anything, the score of the show on this site only went up as the CA arc progressed.

May 14, 2014 1:37 PM

What was the score for the show when it started? If any of the older people here know/remember?

May 14, 2014 1:37 PM

Episode 82, man...

May 14, 2014 1:38 PM

judals said:
What was the score for the show when it started? If any of the older people here know/remember?

8.7 to 8.89

May 14, 2014 1:43 PM

No I'm saying when the show started in 2011, I was checking the site during the GI and it was around 8.3-8.5, given the initial backlash I can only imagine it was in the high 7.something.

May 14, 2014 1:45 PM

judals said:
No I'm saying when the show started in 2011, I was checking the site during the GI and it was around 8.3-8.5, given the initial backlash I can only imagine it was in the high 7.something.

Oh okay, then I don't know lol. So sad that that's how people felt towards this adaptation when it's so damn good. Just look at the old thread about whether they should watch this (2011) or the original (1999), so many hateful comments. But I'm glad that people actually appreciate it now.

May 14, 2014 1:46 PM

I just find it interesting because it probably has the slowest, but the widest crawl into the top list.

May 14, 2014 3:06 PM
HxH is the same top quality of story telling, audio-visual as FMA:B. Now let's hope for Togashi to not hiatus it agian

May 15, 2014 11:45 AM

HBKwowo said:
HxH is the same top quality of story telling, audio-visual as FMA:B. Now let's hope for Togashi to not hiatus it agian

No. HxH is miles better in every aspect.

May 15, 2014 11:53 AM
tsudecimo said:
HBKwowo said:

The scary thing is that there's still so much more potential rivaled to even One Piece.

*Spoiler*

Lost Continent

May 15, 2014 12:15 PM

Its a Dark Continent.

May 15, 2014 12:20 PM

Icebreaker93 said:
Its a Dark Continent.

3 more weeks....
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi

May 15, 2014 12:23 PM

lebron181 said:
*Spoiler*

Lost Continent

Learn to use the spoiler tags :/
Icebreaker93 said:
Its a Dark Continent.

Thank you for correcting the spoiler :/

May 15, 2014 12:24 PM

lebron181 said:
tsudecimo said:
HBKwowo said:

The scary thing is that there's still so much more potential rivaled to even One Piece.

LOL

pls

May 15, 2014 12:59 PM
tsudecimo said:
lebron181 said:
tsudecimo said:
HBKwowo said:

LOL

pls

It seems that you didn't get my point. I wasn't talking about preferences or quality but mainly on the vast potential of the world. One Piece is an adventure genre just like HxH is.

May 15, 2014 1:00 PM
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Icebreaker93 said:
Its a Dark Continent.

3 more weeks....

Man I'm so psyched about the possibilities of what could happen.

I love adventure!

May 15, 2014 4:24 PM

tsudecimo said:
HBKwowo said:

LOL

pls

But seriously, Brotherhood was amazing. Again, you're just exaggerating everything. Almost everyone and their mother jizzed their pants when watching 126 and here you are saying, "I don't think I was impressed by animation anywhere" lol okay. (then again, the animation isn't even what made the episode so good)
Modified by jreginald, May 15, 2014 4:29 PM

May 15, 2014 4:58 PM

^ what? who is this directed at?

lebron181 said:

It seems that you didn't get my point. I wasn't talking about preferences or quality but mainly on the vast potential of the world. One Piece is an adventure genre just like HxH is.

Oh okay, my bad. Personally I'm not interested in the adventure aspect, so we will see what the Dark Continent is like after more chapters.

May 15, 2014 5:31 PM

tsudecimo said:
^ what? who is this directed at?

I did quote you, didn't I? The "LOL pls" was intended.

May 15, 2014 5:39 PM

Oh. I thought the quote was broken. I still don't understand what you are getting at. I think HxH is better than FMA:B in every aspect. The fact that HxH animation didn't impress is kinda irrelevant. Although I did like the animation in Kurapika vs Uvo, if I remember correctly. The animation in King vs Netero wasn't really that great, only above average, it's certainly not the best animated fight in HxH.

May 15, 2014 8:56 PM

tsudecimo said:
Oh. I thought the quote was broken. I still don't understand what you are getting at. I think HxH is better than FMA:B in every aspect. The fact that HxH animation didn't impress is kinda irrelevant. Although I did like the animation in Kurapika vs Uvo, if I remember correctly. The animation in King vs Netero wasn't really that great, only above average, it's certainly not the best animated fight in HxH.

Nah, that was for your comment about HxH & FMA:B but if that's how you really feel then fair enough. I've yet to fully watch ep. 126 but just seeing this was already impressive. I also have to watch Uvo vs. Kurapika again, that fight gave me chills.
Modified by jreginald, May 15, 2014 9:06 PM

May 16, 2014 3:14 AM

jreginald said:
judals said:

8.7 to 8.89

At the time, ratings were terrible, I remember that when the hunter exam arc ended, HxH was not even #700 in popularity and probably was #180 in top anime. Only when Yorknew started the ratings started to get better, like, there was a point in which every week the score got higher, but back then I wasn't following it periodically, so I don't know how high became the score at the end of Yorknew. At one point, during G.I. arc, I was so impressed by how the ratings were growing I had to take a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/3UrK8Va.jpg (this was when the episode 74 came out)
After that, periodically, I took screenshots of the stats and the result was impressive. Then, Chimera Ant Arc started and the ratings had a boom, a lot of people started watching this remake and almost every day the score got higher. Like, this screenshot was taken after the episode 86 came out http://i.imgur.com/SUTUeAr.jpg

After that, we all know what happened and the score became so high that there was no point in taking other screenshots to make comparisons.
You may think I'm crazy, but I just love HxH and I'm so proud that, finally, people is appreciating this show as it deserves.
Also, I always talk about this to my friends and, thanks to this, I convinced a lot of people to watch HxH. :)

May 16, 2014 3:58 AM

ValeBreck said:
jreginald said:
judals said:

8.7 to 8.89

At the time, ratings were terrible, I remember that when the hunter exam arc ended, HxH was not even #700 in popularity and probably was #180 in top anime. Only when Yorknew started the ratings started to get better, like, there was a point in which every week the score got higher, but back then I wasn't following it periodically, so I don't know how high became the score at the end of Yorknew. At one point, during G.I. arc, I was so impressed by how the ratings were growing I had to take a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/3UrK8Va.jpg (this was when the episode 74 came out)
After that, periodically, I took screenshots of the stats and the result was impressive. Then, Chimera Ant Arc started and the ratings had a boom, a lot of people started watching this remake and almost every day the score got higher. Like, this screenshot was taken after the episode 86 came out http://i.imgur.com/SUTUeAr.jpg

After that, we all know what happened and the score became so high that there was no point in taking other screenshots to make comparisons.
You may think I'm crazy, but I just love HxH and I'm so proud that, finally, people is appreciating this show as it deserves.
Also, I always talk about this to my friends and, thanks to this, I convinced a lot of people to watch HxH. :)

''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi

May 16, 2014 12:56 PM

What Sasa said. I never even noticed anything about your English until you brought it up.

Preview MangaManga Store