Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2009 8:52 AM
Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gotta admit, Makoto looks hot as hell in that karate clothes.
Also, Sailor Senshis in a swimsuits. <3

Aside from that, that monk wasn't so disciplined as he looked.

I wonder what Makoto told him by the end of episode...
Jan 14, 2012 1:47 PM

Jun 2010
If they wanted to do a story about Makoto reacting to faring poorly against a monster they could have set it up in an actual episode instead of just a flashback! That the series is focusing more and more on comedy isn't an excuse to be this sloppy. And indeed, this episode is funny but the story about Jupiter is shallow. If it wants to be an all-out action-comedy I wish it would commit to it.

At least someone other than Usagi finally killed a monster.

The mixing of the Japanese imperial regalia (mirror, sword, orb) with the Holy Grail is a pretty goofy idea. It also makes whether a person carries one pretty obvious. How come the villains and Uranus have had to do more than glance at a heart to know whether it's a talisman?
Jan 25, 2013 12:43 PM

Dec 2008
Haha I loves the comedy of this episode!
Feb 10, 2014 1:48 PM
Mar 2013
There've been a lot of episodes about Lida, but I like this one the best! She's an awesome character. I loved the pillow fight scene. I'm surprised even calm and cool Ami got dragged into it.

I thought the monsters could only be defeated by Sailor Moon, but apparently not. Do any of the other sailors manage to beat a monster without Sailor Moons help?
Mar 23, 2014 9:22 PM
Aug 2013
This time Uranus & Neptune asked Makoto if she needs help, it was unexpected.
Apr 28, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2008
Gotta love Mako-chan episodes. Each soldier should be strong enough to defeat a daimon with their own attacks, not just Sailor Moon.
Jul 15, 2017 2:47 AM
Nov 2015
Eugeal reminds me of Misato Katsuragi. Reckless driving.
Jul 15, 2017 2:48 AM
Nov 2015
The rural and forest and moutain scenes are beautiful!!!! Nice getting out of the city for a while
Feb 17, 2018 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
Psajdak said:

I wonder what Makoto told him by the end of episode...

"arigato" as long as I can lip-read.
~~~~
She should date him in the future, they're so sweet

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Feb 17, 2018 2:54 PM
Sep 2007
thatPinkSpider said:

"arigato" as long as I can lip-read.
~~~~
She should date him in the future, they're so sweet
Oh dear, you didn't need to answer to such an old post. :D
Oct 24, 2018 11:53 AM

Mar 2017
Not an amazing episode, but not terrible either. I just wish they spent actually more time on the characterization, instead of all the hijinx in-between the initial setup and the payoff at the end. My favorite parts where Usagi ditching Chibiusa and leaving her at home, and the horny boys going "Oh look, there are even prettier girls over there!"
Sep 28, 2019 8:33 PM

Jun 2015
love how the enemy this time was a daruma which is usually a bearded man doll, but the voice was very female indeed
Jan 21, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Too bad they didn't bring up Makoto's struggle with the monster in an episode before but welp. In the end she learned that it's ok to fight with others and she was still able to beat the monster herself.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2021 9:23 AM

Jun 2021

Yes... yes...

it was early 1996 when this episode was first aired in italy, i was ten years old, and this was the exact moment when i discovered: "So... girls do martial arts too? And... why does she look so beautiful?"

In a matter of months, i met two girls younger than me by one year that became famous at the elementary school for embracing Makoto's direction and this boosted their popularity even further. In junior high i tried to ask for a date (again) to one of them and, apart from obviously and rightfully being rejected, i was threatened by her to not spread rumors about being in contacts with each other (even if it was actually all false)

Well... Sailor Jupiter became my favorite along with Venus because of this episode, and it's her "fault" if i developed a sort of crush (never faded) with martial arts ladies. Luckily, at this point, i accepted since a long time that i'm better off alone and they are immensely out of my league as everyone else anyway. Still, i miss a early summer event between the 2000's and 2010's when every sports club in my little town celebrated the end of the season, i always went there representing my basketball team but also stayed watching the girls kata performances. They always looked so fierce and powerful.

Returning to the plot... i laughed when Mercury pulled out a swim suit herself confirming she wasn't thinking only about books and school while on vacation. But Makoto had a good resolution regardless of my opinion of all the Sailor Scouts.
May 29, 2022 9:30 AM

Mar 2020
Good episode, even if it was a little comical how everyone just so happened to be there at the same time.
_untitled said:

Yes... yes...

it was early 1996 when this episode was first aired in italy, i was ten years old, and this was the exact moment when i discovered: "So... girls do martial arts too? And... why does she look so beautiful?"

In a matter of months, i met two girls younger than me by one year that became famous at the elementary school for embracing Makoto's direction and this boosted their popularity even further. In junior high i tried to ask for a date (again) to one of them and, apart from obviously and rightfully being rejected, i was threatened by her to not spread rumors about being in contacts with each other (even if it was actually all false)

Well... Sailor Jupiter became my favorite along with Venus because of this episode, and it's her "fault" if i developed a sort of crush (never faded) with martial arts ladies. Luckily, at this point, i accepted since a long time that i'm better off alone and they are immensely out of my league as everyone else anyway. Still, i miss a early summer event between the 2000's and 2010's when every sports club in my little town celebrated the end of the season, i always went there representing my basketball team but also stayed watching the girls kata performances. They always looked so fierce and powerful.

Returning to the plot... i laughed when Mercury pulled out a swim suit herself confirming she wasn't thinking only about books and school while on vacation. But Makoto had a good resolution regardless of my opinion of all the Sailor Scouts.
Jesus, this episode really had that much of an impact on your taste in women?

Aug 25, 2023 2:59 PM

Feb 2020
lovely little mako ep
love to see it

Dec 10, 2023 5:57 PM
Jan 2018
Well that was an interesting read. I was slightly annoyed I read my filler guide wrong and watched a filler episode, but I got to read about one person's struggle with self esteem. No one is out of your league. It's out of your league "yet." FWIW, getting rejected in high school is something we all went through.

It was a filler episode. Filler quality. Hopefully, I watch the correct episode next time. Sasuga to Makoto for stealing Usagi's shine for once.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.