Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 13, 2014 3:00 PM

Nov 2013
Narias_Starfire said:
Killua has so many wonderful moments, both in dialogue and action. I really enjoyed this episode, 4/5.

GuusWayne said:
Btw this means Pouf who is around 5-6 times as strong as Killua and Youpi who was 10 times stronger together make the King who by himself probably was 20 times stronger already. Right now the King would be around 30 times stronger than Killua thanks to Pouf and Youpi's bodies.

Haha I still just can't help but think if Knov wasn't the way he is, couldn't he just use that nen of ability of his to cut off their heads like he did against that one ant during his infiltration?

If Knov was different they could've just sent him in with Meleoron to assassinate the king using that nen ability. Power/Strength wouldn't even matter then if he could just transport their heads to his "room", just a thought though.

and while the King is that strong, Killua is most likely faster. What if he incorporates his god speed ability with his assassin fingernails? Lightning speed thrust that's incredibly sharp, I'm sure that would be interesting to see.

I'm also curious about the "Assassination Techniques", what is Rhythm Echo exactly? is there a whole different category for it? would love to see more of that, though I just love seeing Killua in general.
You couldn't be more wrong about Killua being faster than Meruem he might have a cool ability to increase his speed but let's not get carried away here. He can still be tagged and there are people faster than him as you'll see later on.
Narias_Starfire said:
Killua has so many wonderful moments, both in dialogue and action. I really enjoyed this episode, 4/5.

GuusWayne said:
Btw this means Pouf who is around 5-6 times as strong as Killua and Youpi who was 10 times stronger together make the King who by himself probably was 20 times stronger already. Right now the King would be around 30 times stronger than Killua thanks to Pouf and Youpi's bodies.

Haha I still just can't help but think if Knov wasn't the way he is, couldn't he just use that nen of ability of his to cut off their heads like he did against that one ant during his infiltration?

If Knov was different they could've just sent him in with Meleoron to assassinate the king using that nen ability. Power/Strength wouldn't even matter then if he could just transport their heads to his "room", just a thought though.

and while the King is that strong, Killua is most likely faster. What if he incorporates his god speed ability with his assassin fingernails? Lightning speed thrust that's incredibly sharp, I'm sure that would be interesting to see.

I'm also curious about the "Assassination Techniques", what is Rhythm Echo exactly? is there a whole different category for it? would love to see more of that, though I just love seeing Killua in general.
You couldn't be more wrong about Killua being faster than Meruem. Also those nails would break along with his fingers if he tried to use them to anyone stronger than him hence why he doesn't use it and didn't use against Youpi.
SCARY MONSTER
May 13, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
Raticate said:
jreginald said:
Actually, it just shows the flashback in the first episode. It doesn't exactly say, "Kite inspired me to become a hunter!". Besides, it shows that exact same flashback in the beginning of the animated Chimera Ant arc so they didn't leave anything out. It still helps explain why Kite meant so much to Gon.

Yes, the flashback is still there. However, I felt like Gon's admiration for Kite was diminished not by not mentioning until they met Kite but stating that Gon had forgotten about it and didn't recognize Kite until he introduced himself. In the manga, Kite is a constant figure of admiration for Gon, he even tells Killua how he met him in Whale Island and how he hoped to meet him again.

But whatever,I can live with that being my only complaint so far from the 2011 anime.

Okay, fair enough. But you can still tell that Kite means a whole lot to Gon. And if I had to guess, the direction they took in animating episode 1 probably had something to do with whether they were even going up to the CA arc or not.

Anyway, I just watched the episode. Good stuff!

Narias_Starfire said:
[Read my post again, I said what if Knov didn't turn out that way and decided to fight. The fact that the ant he killed being irrelevant isn't irrelevant at all. The ability he used to neutralize the ant is what makes me believe he could've just done the same with every other ant. which is : wrapping that nen ability over one of their heads and sending it to his "room" there is no strength involved, and given the fact that they didn't know Meleoron to be a traitor would've just made it that much better. None of the ants would've seen it coming, it would've been a true sacrifice... but again, that's just a "what if" thought. I don't see how Meleoron's limitation would affect their assassination attempt. Prior to the mission it was Knov who scouted the palace so he had the most intel and probably knew where the king would be. It would've been simple, maybe Togashi wrote it differently because of his ability. Just another thought ^^

I did read your post, that's why I added in the "funny thought" part. But that is a good point and that's probably why Togashi wrote him out to be the kind of character he is, which I was actually bummed out about. I had high expectations for the guy.
jreginaldMay 13, 2014 3:16 PM
May 13, 2014 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
MCAL said:
Pouf is so deliciously evil, you can't help but love him. And his seiyuu is fantastic. More bad-ass Killua is also good.

These episodes, with their layers upon layers of strategy and people trying to outsmart others are always my favorite. They just undeniably prove why HxH is one of the best shounen out there.

The next two episodes will be great. That preview... :(

And I thought I'm the only one who thinks that Pouf's VA is doing an excellent job here.
Especially the previous episode.

Narias_Starfire said:

En can detect Meleoron. And the Royal Guards are using En 24/7. That's not going to work.
May 13, 2014 3:40 PM

Feb 2013
Please let next week's episode feature more Gon and Pitou! I keep up with many other weekly anime/manga, but HxH seems like it takes the longest... because of how much I want more of it!
May 13, 2014 3:48 PM

Apr 2007
The_Mad_Wizard said:

En can detect Meleoron. And the Royal Guards are using En 24/7. That's not going to work.

Meleoran already came in contact with multiple royal guards and they could not detect him.
May 13, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Killua being badass was awesome! Another great episode.

I hope we get see a little more of Gon and Pitou next episode.
May 13, 2014 4:05 PM

Dec 2012
I love Killua's Godspeed
May 13, 2014 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
5/5 It looks like shits about to go down next episode. Overall good episode, I like the strategy in this one. I hope it stays at this pace, until this arc ends. Hopefully no more boring episodes. Also Killua is a bad ass. Let's see what Gon can do....
May 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Jan 2014
GuusWayne said:
You couldn't be more wrong about Killua being faster than Meruem. Also those nails would break along with his fingers if he tried to use them to anyone stronger than him hence why he doesn't use it and didn't use against Youpi.

You think Meruem is faster than the speed of lightning? I think your analysis on Meruem's character is a little too high, and Killua not using his finger nails could well be because Togashi didn't wanna implement that into the story just yet, it's just speculation though, we don't know how strong his finger nails, but Killua's natural strength + godspeed would make for a very dangerous attack if you also include his nails
May 13, 2014 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
Killuan said:
The_Mad_Wizard said:

Meleoran already came in contact with multiple royal guards and they could not detect him.

With no En.
May 13, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Netero attack are as fast as the speed of sound and the King fight against that and the king is now faster. Killua is way slower than meruem.
May 13, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2014
The_Mad_Wizard said:

"While holding his breath, Meleoron can use an advanced form of his invisibility, becoming not only invisible, but also becoming completely indetectable by scent, contact, or En."

Source : http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Meleoron

Apparently En wouldn't detect anything at all while using God's Accomplice
May 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Feb 2011
Very intense episode ( I was feeling angry about that buttefly guy wanted to kill Komugi so badly and the same time excite that Killua is protecting her). I really want Meruem to remember Komugi ( I was so touched that he admit that there's someone very important to him that he needs to remember: soo sweet: I really support Meruem x Komugi as a couple). :)
sweetangieMay 13, 2014 4:54 PM
May 13, 2014 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
GuusWayne said:

Hunter x Hunter has a very unique battle system, it isn't like each character has a set power level. Circumstances and teamwork is what shounen is all about, like take for example Meleoron and Knuckle. Ironic a bit though considering the current situation with Gon and Killua.
May 13, 2014 4:53 PM

Mar 2014
Narias_Starfire said:
The_Mad_Wizard said:

"While holding his breath, Meleoron can use an advanced form of his invisibility, becoming not only invisible, but also becoming completely indetectable by scent, contact, or En."

This is true. Your plan would have worked if Knov wasn't the way he is. And like I said, Meleoron also has a limit to how long he can hold his breath. Of course, this plan would never work given how they are and the preparation it would take.
May 13, 2014 5:12 PM

May 2011
Pouf is one of my favorite character already, i like how he thinks and his loyalty towards the king, He even decided to kill that girl for the king's sake though he know how important this girl is, he's ready to serve whatever it requires.
May 13, 2014 5:21 PM

Jan 2014
Satan-sama said:
Pouf is one of my favorite character already, i like how he thinks and his loyalty towards the king, He even decided to kill that girl for the king's sake though he know how important this girl is, he's ready to serve whatever it requires.

He was and has always been my favourite Royal Guard, which is probably why I enjoyed this episode more than those with the other guards.
Interesting to see where this is going, or maybe Togashi still has another surprise waiting.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 13, 2014 5:31 PM

Jun 2012
Oh Pouf, you're such a bastard....

Doesn't help that he looks like Light Yagami : P
I swear some of the faces he makes are ripped straight out of Death Note
May 13, 2014 5:39 PM

Feb 2011
Satan-sama said:

Well I think it's the opposite, if Pouf would of care for the king he won't try to commit an act that will end up hurting the King ( he's doing it for his own selfish jealous desire since the king cares more about Komugi than him: one of his royal guards). If he would of been very loyal to the king he wouldn't do that (the cat is opposite, she/he whatever you want call it really demonstrate how loyal she/he is to the king, she/he carried in action that's the king wants: Komugi safety comes first and the she/he did the King order to heal her it's not on her/his personal opinion, she/he did it all just for the sake for the King himself. I go more by action then anything else: of course that's my personal opinion.
sweetangieMay 13, 2014 5:47 PM
May 13, 2014 5:45 PM
Apr 2013
sweetangie said:
Satan-sama said:

Well I think it's the opposite, if Pouf would of care for the king he won't try to commit an act that will end up hurting the King ( he's doing it for his own selfish jealous desire since the king cares more about Komugi more than him: one of his royal guards). If he would of been very loyal to the king he wouldn't do that (the cat is opposite, she/he whatever you want call it really demonstrate how loyal she/he is to the king, she/he carried in action that's the king wants: Komugi safety comes first and the she/he did the King order to heal her it's not on she/he personal opinion, she/he did it all just for the sake of the King himself. I go more by action then anything else: of course that's my personal opinion.
I disagree. Pouf definitely has a selfish motive, but he is still loyal to the King. The thing is he's loyal to the King as a concept, unlike Pitou who is loyal to the King as an individual.
May 13, 2014 6:03 PM

Mar 2014
MCAL said:
sweetangie said:
Satan-sama said:

Well I think it's the opposite, if Pouf would of care for the king he won't try to commit an act that will end up hurting the King ( he's doing it for his own selfish jealous desire since the king cares more about Komugi more than him: one of his royal guards). If he would of been very loyal to the king he wouldn't do that (the cat is opposite, she/he whatever you want call it really demonstrate how loyal she/he is to the king, she/he carried in action that's the king wants: Komugi safety comes first and the she/he did the King order to heal her it's not on she/he personal opinion, she/he did it all just for the sake of the King himself. I go more by action then anything else: of course that's my personal opinion.
I disagree. Pouf definitely has a selfish motive, but he is still loyal to the King. The thing is he's loyal to the King as a concept, unlike Pitou who is loyal to the King as an individual.

His kind of loyalty is what makes him out to be such a selfish, deceitful cunt (towards the King). Togashi gave us such an interesting character that most people would hate and he delivered. It's still genuine loyalty but it's not the kind that Meruem would probably like.

That kind of loyalty is found in Pitou & Youpi. Pouf sees Komugi and thinks she's detrimental to Meruem's kingship. Despite how he knows how Meruem feels about her, he still tries to kill her. Pitou may not care for Komugi either but because Meruem does and gives him a task, Pitou focuses on her safety/recovery. You'll see even more of that loyalty in the upcoming events with him and Gon.

Youpi may be dumb as a brick but at least he's honest. Who made up a story when Meruem noticed that their bodies were tiny as hell? Pouf. Who tells the truth about why Knuckle's APR is still a thing? Youpi.
May 13, 2014 6:15 PM

Feb 2014
jreginald said:
Narias_Starfire said:
The_Mad_Wizard said:

This is true. Your plan would have worked if Knov wasn't the way he is. And like I said, Meleoron also has a limit to how long he can hold his breath. Of course, this plan would never work given how they are and the preparation it would take.

Knov got hit by something called karma XD
He is a gentleman, but sadly, his mental did not live up to his expectation. He still dare come back to the palace, that one is a big plus.

But i am still do not sure, is that dimension pocket(window of the void?) really ignoring durability? what if he cannot close it (read : cut) if the opponent is too strong? Because if we talk Hatsu, then that ability is too OP with just low requirement.
sweetangie said:
Satan-sama said:

Well I think it's the opposite, if Pouf would of care for the king he won't try to commit an act that will end up hurting the King ( he's doing it for his own selfish jealous desire since the king cares more about Komugi than him: one of his royal guards). If he would of been very loyal to the king he wouldn't do that (the cat is opposite, she/he whatever you want call it really demonstrate how loyal she/he is to the king, she/he carried in action that's the king wants: Komugi safety comes first and the she/he did the King order to heal her it's not on her/his personal opinion, she/he did it all just for the sake for the King himself. I go more by action then anything else: of course that's my personal opinion.

That is something called self-serving love.
He basically same with Kikyo or Illumi...They tortured Killua so he will become a great assassin, the way someone show their love is different, but if we talk about it. Illumi is really care about killua if not more than how Gon care about Killua.

The same is for Royal Guards
Pouf : Komugi is nuisance, so eliminate her.
Pitou : Komugi is important to the King, so she must be saved.
one person want King to dominate the world, and one person want King to be happy.

No difference.
May 13, 2014 6:32 PM

Mar 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:

He basically same with Kikyo or Illumi...They tortured Killua so he will become a great assassin, the way someone show their love is different, but if we talk about it. Illumi is really care about killua if not more than how Gon care about Killua.

one person want King to dominate the world, and one person want King to be happy.

No difference.

I don't disagree with you calling it that and good catch on the parallel with how the Zoldycks treated Killua. And as a manga reader, I know just how much Illumi actually cares for Killua. But that same kind of love is the reason why Killua would rather be with Gon than with his family.

But there is a difference. They're not the same kind of loyalty when they obviously have different motives. You said it yourself, Pouf wants Meruem to be dominant while Pitou wants Meruem to be happy. The difference in motivation alone explains why so many people hate Pouf -- because he was written that way. I personally don't like him as a character because of that but as I've said before, I also think he's a very well-written character.
May 13, 2014 6:43 PM

Mar 2014
killua's a badass once again and gon looks like he's finally going to fight pitou, can't wait for these upcoming episodes

on a side note fuck pouf he's just messing up everyones plans
May 13, 2014 7:57 PM

May 2013
That episode passed by way too quickly.

Most of it speaks for itself: the brilliant psychological warfare between Pouf and basically all the other Hunter and traitor Chimera Ants, Pouf’s deliciously crazy behavior, and his clever plan to basically turn Komugi against the Hunters by portraying them as the evil ones. The best thing about that is that in many ways Pouf is telling the truth: the Hunters do have rather twisted morals, and they DID take Komugi hostage, and they DID invade and wreak havoc on the palace. The catch is that the Chimera Ants aren’t exactly very innocent either. Komugi doesn’t know that, though, which is why Pouf’s plan is so clever.

I think the most fascinating part of this episode for me, though, as is usually the case, is the King, and his scenes with the Royal Guard. Mereuem has become a somewhat different person- or rather, he has become what he used to be before meeting Komugi. The symbolism here is clear: the inhumanity of the Rose quite literally knocked the newly acquired humanity that Meruem had out of him, via amnesia. Ironically (lots of irony in this arc), the human side doomed any possibility of negotiation and peace between the two races. Of course, it is doubtful the two could have peacefully coexisted anyways, but the bomb just exacerbated the situation. Not only is the King back, but he’s even more powerful. Only way the bomb would have been any help now is if the King suffered any sort of radiation poisoning, as mentioned before.
There’s more to the King now than just a persona brought about by memory loss, though. On the surface he appears to be the cruel, merciless, human-eating insect he used to be. But the King here is not the same one we met back in episode 91, with or without his memory. Youpi revealed here that he’d let the humans he’d encountered survive, a blatant failure to do his duty. Yet the King not only spared him, but didn’t so much as raise a finger against him. Contrast this with him nearly killing Pitou back in 91 for speaking out of turn. The King’s experiences with Komugi have changed him fundamentally, so that his memory loss did not totally reverse the development he’d gone through. The narrator implies that what we’re seeing here is the King’s actual personality on display; while that’s true, it’s clearly tempered by his humanizing experiences. I like that.

It’s interesting that the King brings up evolution here again, like he did back in his fight with Netero. The difference between the two speeches is what the King thinks the fate of the humans should be. The first time around, with Netero, the King says that the amount of humans eaten by the Ants would decrease significantly, as the influence of the humans was disrupting the structure of the Ant society. Part of this decision was motivated by the King’s desire to ensure that Netero’s long fight was not in vain. In his own, strange way, the King was showing compassion. Here, in this episode, the King expresses a different plan: the humans are to be eaten, all of them, so that the Ants can evolve to greater levels. The humans are nothing more than a trial to overcome.

The subtle differences between the two views that the King expresses before and after the Rose are significant. The King originally saw the humans as a danger, as obstacles to the evolution of the Ants. He recognized the value of humans, but in acknowledging that value decided that those very things he admired were not healthy for his species. In fact, he believed that the Ants had come further than the humans because they lacked human characteristics, initially. It was a bit paradoxical and especially ironic because the King had only come to this realization, to this depth of thought, by becoming more human himself. Now, after the explosion, he decides quite the reverse: the humans are just another stepping stone for the Ants’ greatness. Their traits and influence would not be enough to impact the Ants in any way, because they will be so far above them that it won’t matter.

This whole thing is brilliant because it highlights especially well the effect Komugi has had on the King, and the effect that his humanity had on him. The King now is arrogant, more than before; he is not concerned about Youpi’s change because he believes that the Ants will become so superior that it won’t matter in the long run. With Netero, though, the King expressed explicit worry that the humans would be barriers standing in the way of the Ant’s evolution, and so their value of food had decreased very much. By thinking this, the King, despite his position of power, showed humility, specifically because he saw both the good and bad humanity had, and admitted that their nature was enough to stunt the growth of his species. By becoming more human, his perspective became more thoughtful, more compassionate. That perspective’s arguably gone now, and yet the King’s gentleness with the Royal Guards and his utter disinterest in the millions of humans before the palace in this episode indicate that he hasn’t changed as much as he seems. He’s become a mess of contradictions, as expected from someone in his state. What happens from here should prove to be fascinating.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
May 13, 2014 8:16 PM

Mar 2014
MrAM said:

Holy crap, I missed your posts MrAM. Good stuff.
May 13, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2012
Love Killua in his GodSpeed Mode.
Cannot wait for next week.
We get to see Kite again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 13, 2014 9:54 PM

Aug 2010
Killua in godspeed forum is badass. Think once he masters it and can maintain it longer he will be a real big threat.

I want Gon x Pitou fight now!
May 13, 2014 10:43 PM

May 2012
KILLUA <3

It's really funny to see a desperate Pouf :D
May 13, 2014 11:26 PM

Jan 2009
Killua is lightning fast, good episode once again
May 13, 2014 11:34 PM

Feb 2014
jreginald said:
MShukyDeneuve said:

No difference.

I don't disagree with you calling it that and good catch on the parallel with how the Zoldycks treated Killua. And as a manga reader, I know just how much Illumi actually cares for Killua. But that same kind of love is the reason why Killua would rather be with Gon than with his family.

But there is a difference. They're not the same kind of loyalty when they obviously have different motives. You said it yourself, Pouf wants Meruem to be dominant while Pitou wants Meruem to be happy. The difference in motivation alone explains why so many people hate Pouf -- because he was written that way. I personally don't like him as a character because of that but as I've said before, I also think he's a very well-written character.

Yeah...I also aware of that.

The fact that they have different thought pattern is what makes them different each other. The moment they has human inside them, it surely destroyed their hive mind. Human thought pattern made them individualistic.

I also didn't like Pouf and Illumi. It probably Togashi intention all along, i don't know.

But the fact that he Loyal to the King is something that cannot be denied. Essentially, he just wanna do what he think the best for Meruem. He born as CA and for serve the King who have a mission to conquer the world. Of course it is just natural for him to take that Komugi is nuisance. But Pitou also have his/her (IT XD) own thought about what the best for Meruem, so it did not wrong either.

Same as Illumi, raised as an assassin and then seen Killua's excellent gift...It is only natural for him want his little brother become a greater assassin than him AND think Gon is a nuisance. But the fact that he loves Killua cannot be denied either.
May 13, 2014 11:42 PM

Mar 2014
^ Not refuting any of those comments as I'm in agreement with them. I did say in my first post that Pouf's loyalty is genuine. I mean, the guy cries every time he thinks about going against what the King wants >_>

However, I do like Illumi as a character. I just think he's such a cool character. Can't say the same about Pouf, that guy's literally a fairy. But yeah, hating him for how he is with the King was most likely intended by Togashi.
jreginaldMay 13, 2014 11:52 PM
May 14, 2014 12:39 AM

Nov 2013
Narias_Starfire said:
GuusWayne said:

You think Meruem is faster than the speed of lightning? I think your analysis on Meruem's character is a little too high, and Killua not using his finger nails could well be because Togashi didn't wanna implement that into the story just yet, it's just speculation though, we don't know how strong his finger nails, but Killua's natural strength + godspeed would make for a very dangerous attack if you also include his nails
I think your analysis on Killua's character is too high, the King before his fight with Netero could've blitzed the royal guard. Also Killua isn't moving at speed of lightning, you're taking the name literally. As a manga reader I can tell you Godspeed Killua doesn't compare to Meruem's speed.
SCARY MONSTER
May 14, 2014 12:53 AM

May 2013
MShukyDeneuve said:

Yeah...I also aware of that.

The fact that they have different thought pattern is what makes them different each other. The moment they has human inside them, it surely destroyed their hive mind. Human thought pattern made them individualistic.

I also didn't like Pouf and Illumi. It probably Togashi intention all along, i don't know.

But the fact that he Loyal to the King is something that cannot be denied. Essentially, he just wanna do what he think the best for Meruem. He born as CA and for serve the King who have a mission to conquer the world. Of course it is just natural for him to take that Komugi is nuisance. But Pitou also have his/her (IT XD) own thought about what the best for Meruem, so it did not wrong either.

Same as Illumi, raised as an assassin and then seen Killua's excellent gift...It is only natural for him want his little brother become a greater assassin than him AND think Gon is a nuisance. But the fact that he loves Killua cannot be denied either.

Alot of people seems to forget that for some reason. For example had Pouf not blackmailed Pitou to tell him where the King went than Meruem would have died. He and Youpi would never have made it on time. What happend when they did found him and saw the state he was in, Pouf was the first to offer his life energy to heal him. He would have given everything had Meruem asked even if it killed him in the process. And even now he wants to kill Komugi for the survival of his spiecies.

If you look at this from the chimera ants POV than Pouf is doing the right thing, he is making sure their Kings focus will stay on their plan and goals. Not spend his days playing some boardgame with a human girl. Because the Royal guards are not the only one who have a responsibility and Meruem is everything but a good leader to his species, ironic how ants strongest wapon is also their greatest weakness.

Both Pitou and Poufs loyality is extreme in my opinion.

Pitou: Loyal to Meruem, she is a guard who will do what ever she is told. Even if that order brings the King life in danger. She was without her knowledge assisting in the Kings suicide mission, to fight Netero alone and far away of the palace.

Pouf: Loyal to the ant King, he will be the first to offer his life for his King/spieces. How ever he is a guard who will do what ever he thinks is good for the King/spiecies. Even if that does against Meruem orders.

Youpi is the perfect balance between Pitou and Pouf. He tries to be honest with Meruem as much as possible. At the same time, he dislikes Komugi influence on the King and would kill her if he thinks that she is becoming to much. I wouldn't was a YES man as a guard or one that tries to keep every little thing hidden from me.
SaSa-ZoldyckMay 14, 2014 12:57 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
May 14, 2014 12:54 AM

Feb 2014
jreginald said:
^ Not refuting any of those comments as I'm in agreement with them. I did say in my first post that Pouf's loyalty is genuine. I mean, the guy cries every time he thinks about going against what the King wants >_>

However, I do like Illumi as a character. I just think he's such a cool character. Can't say the same about Pouf, that guy's literally a fairy. But yeah, hating him for how he is with the King was most likely intended by Togashi.

I also liked Illumi face, he is cool and handsome even with his dead-like expression (ugh...and i am a man, wth happened to me? XD). But he is so overprotective, that is a really big minus.

I did said i dislike him....But actually when i see from his PoV, i can't blame him anymore (He did care about his own family - yeah, spoiler contained...so stop here).
I wanna said i like Illumi's character but i can't, haha. So let's say i put the blame on Togashi who made Illumi that way. XD

Basically i just used Illumi to strengthen fact about Pouf, sore dake no koto. LOL.
FlashofthebackMay 14, 2014 1:38 AM
May 14, 2014 1:02 AM

May 2013
The question ''what is being loyal to something/somebody?'' is a big thing is HxH. It's a prominent question in the Ants storyline, Killua but also in the Spiders. Paku had to decide what being loyal to the Spider was. Togashi must like to think about this.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
May 14, 2014 1:05 AM

Jan 2014
Episode 129's most badass char = Killua
Episode 130 or 131's most badass char = Gon

Can't wait to see Gon's rampage though :3
May 14, 2014 1:08 AM

Jan 2014
GuusWayne said:

I think your analysis on Killua's character is too high, the King before his fight with Netero could've blitzed the royal guard. Also Killua isn't moving at speed of lightning, you're taking the name literally. As a manga reader I can tell you Godspeed Killua doesn't compare to Meruem's speed.

Unless the manga gives evidence to prove your point, you being a "manga reader" is irrelevent to the argument. Given the two current situations thats been going on between either Netero and the King, or Killua using godspeed, you can't really compare their speed until put up against each other. Unless the manga and coming episodes shows supporting evidence, we won't ever know for sure. Most of what I'm saying are "What ifs" and just speculation in general for what could've happened given different circumstances.
May 14, 2014 1:48 AM

May 2014
Illumi doesn't have any interest in killua wellbeing lol. He is only interested by him because he has a lot of potential. He views him as nothing more than an object not as a familly member. Basically he wants to have control over him now because he knows he will become very strong. Remember he used his control on killua to make him kill a contestant in the hunter exam just because he wanted him to remember who is the boss. Had killua had no talents he would have been treated like trash.

Pitou looks to me like the annoying, obsessive psycho, ex-girlfriend (who was never the girlfriend by thè way) who wants to kill komugi because she is dangerous. She distracts the king from being what he idolises.

I hate the both of them lol. There is nothing likable about them
ryu1991May 14, 2014 1:56 AM
May 14, 2014 1:59 AM

May 2014
Narias_Starfire said:
GuusWayne said:

Unless the manga gives evidence to prove your point, you being a "manga reader" is irrelevent to the argument. Given the two current situations thats been going on between either Netero and the King, or Killua using godspeed, you can't really compare their speed until put up against each other. Unless the manga and coming episodes shows supporting evidence, we won't ever know for sure. Most of what I'm saying are "What ifs" and just speculation in general for what could've happened given different circumstances.
It is shown in the manga that there are people faster than him (meruem is one of them). Killua isn't able to travel at the speed of light not even at the speed of lighting (even though he is pretty close I think).
May 14, 2014 2:03 AM

Feb 2014
ryu1991 said:
Illumi doesn't have any interest in killua wellbeing lol. He is only interested by him because he has a lot of potential. He views him as nothing more than an object not as a familly member. Basically he wants to have control over him now because he knows he will become very strong. Remember he used his control on killua to make him kill a contestant in the hunter exam just because he wanted him to remember who is the boss. Had killua had no talents he would have been treated like trash.

Pitou looks to me like the annoying, obsessive psycho, ex-girlfriend (who was never the girlfriend by thè way) who wants to kill komugi because she is dangerous. She distracts the king from being what he idolises.

You...just...so...wrong...in many ways.

You even fail to point out your target of hatred.

Go back to your school and learn more.
May 14, 2014 2:11 AM

May 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:

How am I wrong ? We can talk without being offensive to each other if you want.
May 14, 2014 2:20 AM

May 2013
ryu1991 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:

What is there to talk about if you can't tell who Pitou/Pouf is after 40 episodes.
May 14, 2014 2:34 AM

Feb 2014
ryu1991 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:

The one who want to kill Komugi is Pouf.

And Illumi is care about his family included Killua... This alone is enough to break your statement.

Illumi didn't control Killua to kill Bodoro. We do not have an actual prove. As stated by Netero, it may be his own decision to make Leorio won by default, but we can't be sure of that either.

Even if we take Killua didn't have so much talent, it is not true that he will immediately treat him like a trash (look : Kalluto and Milluki), because he still want to protect his own family.

On Kanmuru speed, there is someone who faster(movement) than it, but not versatile and not combat purpose...It is basically a means of transportation. And on side note, it only usable on asphalt road and the requirement for that ability is so high that it can't be any use without other person presence. So we can't compare that to Kanmuru. Because Kanmuru will win by a huge margin if we being truly objective to judge the quality of Kanmuru and the other one.
FlashofthebackMay 14, 2014 2:40 AM
May 14, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2013
OMG Meruem is faster than Killua.
May 14, 2014 3:01 AM

May 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:

And Illumi is care about his family included Killua... This alone is enough to break your statement.

Illumi didn't control Killua to kill Bodoro. We do not have an actual prove. As stated by Netero, it may be his own decision to make Leorio won by default, but we can't be sure of that either.

Even if we take Killua didn't have so much talent, it is not true that he will immediately treat him like a trash (look : Kalluto and Milluki), because he still want to protect his own family.

On Kanmuru speed, there is someone who faster(movement) than it, but not versatile and not combat purpose...It is basically a means of transportation. And on side note, it only usable on asphalt road and the requirement for that ability is so high that it can't be any use without other person presence. So we can't compare that to Kanmuru.
yeah i am sorry i mistook their name. But i don't think that's a reason to dismiss my arguments...
Anyway about illumi : his attitude shows that he wants control over killua. What i am about to say are some minor spoilers about alluka but since you brought it up i assume you have read about it.

and yeah i think you didn't understand that killua couldn't resist illumi because of the needle he had in his head that would make him under his control...that is the reason why he killed the contestant : because of his sick joke. Illumi's nen ability is manipulation so as long as he had the needle in killua's head he can make him do whatever he wants.
ryu1991May 14, 2014 3:25 AM
May 14, 2014 3:05 AM

Jul 2013
Killua's lightning mode never ceases to amaze me. Epic shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2014 3:31 AM

Feb 2014
ryu1991 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:

On Kanmuru speed, there is someone who faster(movement) than it, but not versatile and not combat purpose...It is basically a means of transportation. And on side note, it only usable on asphalt road and the requirement for that ability is so high that it can't be any use without other person presence. So we can't compare that to Kanmuru.
yeah i am sorry i mistook their name. But i don't think that's a reason to dismiss my arguments...
Anyway about illumi : his attitude shows that he wants control over killua anyway what i am about to say are some minor spoilers about alluka but since you brought it up i assume you have read about it.

and yeah i think you din't understand that killua couldn't resist illumi because of the needle he had in his head that would make him under his control...that is the reason why he killed the contestant : because of his sick joke. Illumi's nen ability is manipulation so as long as he had the needle in killua's head he can make him do whatever he wants.

And that is not a relevant about Killua had a talent or not, it is completely on "it" matters.

And you certainly wrong again... If you want to be exact. The needle that Illumi implanted on Killua is something like power limiting, to makes him run away from a danger thus limiting how Killua takes action when he faces the enemy(again, this is a prove about how Illumi actually care about Killua). Illumi even said "Don't fight enemy that you can't be sure you can win, i DRILLED that onto you." That's a big hint.

You wrong again about "as long as he had the needle in killua's head he can make him do whatever he wants.", because if Illumi has that ability, it is only natural he will not allowed Killua from taken out that needle from his head.
FlashofthebackMay 14, 2014 3:38 AM
May 14, 2014 3:55 AM

May 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
ryu1991 said:

Anyway about illumi : his attitude shows that he wants control over killua anyway what i am about to say are some minor spoilers about alluka but since you brought it up i assume you have read about it.

and yeah i think you din't understand that killua couldn't resist illumi because of the needle he had in his head that would make him under his control...that is the reason why he killed the contestant : because of his sick joke. Illumi's nen ability is manipulation so as long as he had the needle in killua's head he can make him do whatever he wants.

And that is not a relevant about Killua had a talent or not, it is completely on "it" matters.

And you certainly wrong again... If you want to be exact. The needle that Illumi implanted on Killua is something like power limiting, to makes him run away from a danger thus limiting how Killua takes action when he faces the enemy(again, this is a prove about how Illumi actually care about Killua). Illumi even said "Don't fight enemy that you can't be sure you can win, i DRILLED that onto you." That's a big hint.

You wrong again about "as long as he had the needle in killua's head he can make him do whatever he wants.", because if Illumi has that ability, it is only natural he will not allowed Killua from taken out that needle from his head.
i am sorry but i do not agree.
May 14, 2014 4:09 AM

May 2014
Another spoiler and i am done. I hate spoilers but i have to finish this so sorry.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - 1 hour ago

7 by LuFFY-Itachi »»
6 minutes ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

42 by Merve2Love »»
Yesterday, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.