Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 2014 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Liz & Patty <33
Awesome, it's been ages since I've seen them. Tsugumi and Anya makes a good team tbh but clearly not match for them. Seriously though, it was nice seeing them again and brings back nostalgia. Death the Kid of course too.

What an ending though. Damn.
May 13, 2014 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Good to see Death the Kid again. It's been awhile since we got to see him and his symmetrical ways lol
And it was interesting seeing Liz and Patty how they were as street punks

Pretty good episode altogether~
May 13, 2014 2:26 PM

Sep 2008
When Liz and Patty show up,
I was waiting when Death the Kid will show up, too! xD
First appearance without a word I was like "Oh... ;("
But... then ASDFGHJKL!
and his symmetrical xD
I can't!
Such long time! :D

Nice episode!
May 13, 2014 2:32 PM
Feb 2008
This episode felt really forced. Like bring back the old charas at all cost to gain popularity and try to fit them into a cute girls show. (Though it was still nice to see them.)
May 13, 2014 2:40 PM

Mar 2014
Lirina said:
This episode felt really forced. Like bring back the old charas at all cost to gain popularity and try to fit them into a cute girls show. (Though it was still nice to see them.)

i think... this was in the manga... so..
May 13, 2014 3:10 PM

Apr 2014
This was my favorite episode so far!
Liz and patty~
Only a glimpse of Kid but he's as great as ever, adjusting Tsugumi's hair to make her symmetric^_^
That ending though
More Maka and Soul next episode
May 13, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2013
Liz and Patty in this episode :)

Lol Death the Kid trying to make Tsugumi symmetrical.
May 13, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
Dam, were the sisters this bitchy from soul eater?

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 13, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2014
Yay! Liz and Patty and Kid too :D

I read up to this part in the manga and has been waiting for it to be animated :3

Oh Kid! You and your symmetry fetish <3
May 13, 2014 4:14 PM

Apr 2010
So the where the trouble makers of the academy or are there more like them?
Have not seen the original series so was wondering.

The episode itself wasn't entirely my thing tho it was nice to see Tsugumi trying so hard, even if she had to go alone to the cafe.
May 13, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2012
I've been waiting for this episode~!

In soul eater the story on how Did met Liz and Patty is different and shorter in a sense, but I like it better this way!

Just the fact that Kid is in this episode makes it one of the best ones thus far!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
May 13, 2014 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
Aversa said:
So the where the trouble makers of the academy or are there more like them?
Have not seen the original series so was wondering.

The episode itself wasn't entirely my thing tho it was nice to see Tsugumi trying so hard, even if she had to go alone to the cafe.

I don't fully get what you mean, but troublemakers are all over DWMA ;D

And seeing the original helps this show a lot! I would probably have thought this episode was boring myself had I not gotten to know the future Liz and Patty so well through "Soul eater" same goes for Kid! I've been dying to see him on this show!

You should watch the original! I promise it'll be worth your time! ^^
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
May 13, 2014 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
The only bad episode, so far..
What the hell happened to the moe vibe?

And aren't Patty and Lizz suppose to be a fun characters on the parent story?
Toaki90May 13, 2014 4:25 PM
"Burn the heretics"
May 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2012
Liz and Patty~! x3 Yay! xD
I forgot how bitchy they were though, damn. x3

Oh! And Death the Kid for a small bit...he's so cool! xD And funny cause of all the symmetrical crap and stuff. xD

Anyways, an alright episode and a good anime so far. :3
May 13, 2014 4:34 PM
Nov 2010
Toaki90 said:

lol what, bad ep?

yes they were more laid back but originally they were violent delinquents so it makes perfect sense in this since they were still on probation meaning they were just picked up by death the kid
May 13, 2014 4:40 PM
Oct 2012
Toaki90 said:

Difference between thinking you are an outsider and knowing you are part of the group. What they hated was 1) being saved by the "kid", 2) thinking that everyone was taking pity of them and 3) feeling like they weren't trusted.

What the MC did was to show them that someone actually respected them for who they were, liked them for who they were, and stood up for who they were. There is an infinite difference between having no friends and having one friend. Now that they know they belong they don't have to pretend to be hard asses and can develop the personality they wanted to have.
May 13, 2014 4:43 PM

Sep 2013
billybob300c said:
Dam, were the sisters this bitchy from soul eater?
They are right now since they just got off the streets.

Liz seems fine, but damn Patty is different 0_0 I know I've said this about every old character, but it's so different hearing their Japanase voices, especially Patty since this is the first time I've heard her va at all. I've heard Liz's a few times.

I loled pretty hard when that one guy came to the cafe because he liked getting talked down too :3 Well tsundere cafes do exist XD
May 13, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2013
MrJc said:
Toaki90 said:

lol what, bad ep?

yes they were more laid back but originally they were violent delinquents so it makes perfect sense in this since they were still on probation meaning they were just picked up by death the kid
It doesn't compute though..
Maka and Soul are already their senpai
Assuming Lizz, Patty and Kid are from the same batch
Shouldn't they be well behaved by the time they become a senior
"Burn the heretics"
May 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Mar 2014
i dont understand what happened to liz and patty. they were so cheerful in the original series.
also, i dont like how the first 20 minutes is nothing but everyday things at the DWMA and the last 2 actually have the stuff i came to watch. like that suspect, and the girl at the end of the last one. im cunfused as too whats been going on.

#ImNotReadingTheMagna/LighNovels
May 13, 2014 5:23 PM

Jul 2010
Feels so nostalgic to see them all again.Kid was there just to make Tsugumi symmetrical XD also, Patty was making something from paper! ahaha i just remembered when she made that giraffe on test.Good times :D

I wonder if we will get another episode with them, for example after they
May 13, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2010
Death, Liz and patty <333

Nice epsiode. 6 more to go.
May 13, 2014 5:43 PM

Apr 2014
Glad to see Kid, hope we get to see more of him later. It was interesting to see Liz and Patty before they changed as well.
May 13, 2014 5:53 PM
Sep 2011
Toaki90 said:
MrJc said:
Toaki90 said:

lol what, bad ep?

It doesn't compute though..
Maka and Soul are already their senpai
Assuming Lizz, Patty and Kid are from the same batch
Shouldn't they be well behaved by the time they become a senior

Your assumption is correct partially.
Yes, Maka, Soul, and Kid are from EAT class, but that doesn't mean they come from the same timeline.
In the main-series, Kid and the Thompson sisters enrolled DWMA much later.
As for your last questions is the purpose of this (prequel) series, so it's to fill in the gap from the story in the main series.

BTW, Death The Kid "Symmetry ways" according to tvtropes:

Someone with Super OCD requires ORDER in their life. Everything has to match some kind of pattern that they approve of. Lines must be straight, angles must be just the right degree, and the numbers must absolutely match. This doesn't have to be a pattern that makes sense. Social skills will be extremely difficult. Sometimes this translates into Good with Numbers or Hyper Awareness.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is frequently misrepresented in fiction. Most people are surprised to find that rituals are not the defining trait of OCD — in reality, it is an anxiety disorder that causes repeated, unwanted thoughts. The rituals (which may or may not have anything to do with order) are simply attempts to stop those thoughts. Fiction so exaggerates the "order" part in OCD that people are downright dumbfounded to find out that OCD/ADHD exists. (Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder, on the other hand, really is all about order)
Technically, Kid has OCPD. The former is a disorder that causes fear and worry, and lead the patient to develop ritual actions as coping mechanisms, like always knocking three times before entering a room. OCPD is a mental disorder in which the victim is obsessed with perfection, order, and mental control, generally at the expense of being flexible or efficient. OCD is just the more well-known disorder.
May 13, 2014 5:54 PM

Nov 2013
Oh. So this is prequel side story huh.
May 13, 2014 5:58 PM
Sep 2007
Still, Anya is, along with Shinigami, best character in both series.
May 13, 2014 6:00 PM

Jan 2012
the end was interesting.while you are sleeping we keep moving i wonder who wrote it?

May 13, 2014 6:24 PM

Apr 2011
Those two bitches pisses me off.

Oh well, there's still Anya and Meme for me to watch.
May 13, 2014 6:40 PM

May 2013
So what are you going to order today? *MILK!*
May 13, 2014 6:45 PM

Jan 2014
My inner Soul Eater fangirl screamed when Death The Kid popped up, even if its only for two minutes...
Tsugumi is so cute, Anya and Meme are always funs to watch.
I like the conflict that is going on, and the external story invovling Scorpio is getting more interesting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2014 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
Death the kid steals the spotlight :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2014 8:50 PM

May 2012
This feels more like a prequel than a side story.
May 13, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
Antearion said:
And I love it.
May 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Apr 2012
It's funny how I always thought this anime takes place after Soul Eater. I was really wondering what happened to Liz & Patty :/
May 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Dec 2010
Its nice to see how the sisters changed under the influence of Kid. They became much more likeable people, to the people around them, the audience, and themselves.

Also, if memory serves, the next episode is when "it" happens...It ought to be an interesting ride, and an even more interesting discussion thread!
May 13, 2014 10:05 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
sigh,,,
Patty and Liz.. such a bad attitude.
As a waiter, this was disgusting to watch.
I really enjoyed them in Soul Eater, but this attitude..... ugh, such bitches.

There is a chance for this series to get dark?
Whut
I was excited to see a lot of dark anime series to come from this season, but I did not expect Soul Eater NOT to get dark.
I just assumed it was gonna be like K-On! x Soul Eater... and well, the way this episode ended... it may be that for only the first 5 episodes and the rest could be dark.
May 13, 2014 10:14 PM

Jul 2013
I expect to see Kid in a bigger role in the episode, but instead it's Liz and Patty's role in this episode. They are somewhat cold and rude then the original series, as to they were somewhat funny and cheerful. At least Kid has a small appearance, fixing her hair for symmetry XD.

Okay episode, nothing new in here.

May 13, 2014 10:21 PM

May 2013
The Thompson sisters! Liz and Patty! Been a long time since I've seen them. Also, Death the Kid. Best character in Soul Eater for me. He was so cool and awesome. Even if it's just for a little time.

The ending was creepy.
May 13, 2014 10:32 PM

Oct 2010
It was cool seeing those 3 again, but I swear Patty's voice has changed, it sounded a lot deeper than it was from the original series.
May 14, 2014 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
Antearion said:

Indeed.

It was good to see those 3 again

HAHA Death the Kid fixing her up so she's symmetrical. Missed that XD
May 14, 2014 1:55 AM
Sep 2007
Madara31 said:
It was cool seeing those 3 again, but I swear Patty's voice has changed, it sounded a lot deeper than it was from the original series.
No, she is still voiced by Narumi Takahira.

Also, yeah, Thompson sisters were really bitchy (in a bad way).
May 14, 2014 7:14 AM

May 2008
God dam Death the Kid only appeared for like a few seconds :(. Well i guess a Patty and Liz centered episode isnt that bad either. Whoop Whoop. Its funny how scared Tsugumi is though. guess she got her life's milk worth!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 14, 2014 7:31 AM

Feb 2009
Look, it's Soul next episode! And it looks like he actually gets some lines!

That was a great episode though, LOVED Kid making Tsugumi symmetrical.
May 14, 2014 9:17 AM

Dec 2011
Holy crap. Death the Kid fixing Tsugumi's hair was the best part. Hahaha. Still his obsession with symmetry. Lol.
May 14, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2009
Despite that they altered things in the anime, making some of it filler, I still really enjoyed seeing Kiddo again. I was smiling and laughing, he was just too cute fixing Tsugumi's hair. However, I wished they hadn't rushed it. In the manga, Tsugumi has this moment where she is staring at his eyes feeling hypnotized, and the anime rushed it.. *sigh*.

Next episode looks to be a filler one for I do not recall reading that in the manga, then again I stopped at chapter 13 since at the time it wasn't updating.

May 14, 2014 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, i don't like this series. But this episode was good, i like seeing these good ol' characters.

My favorite part of the episode was when Death the Kid was walking out of the café, meeting Tsugumi and started fuckin' with her hair, making it symmetrical. T'was quite hilarious.
May 14, 2014 1:46 PM
Mar 2014
Woah Woah Woah. Hold up. this IS a prequel to the original series??? I'm co fused. Is that why Liz and party where still deviant bitches???
May 14, 2014 3:16 PM
Jul 2013
OmG I was waiting for this for so long..
Finally something from Soul Eater 1 :D
So happy :) Liv & Patty <3
May 14, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
This is awesome. Looks like the Kim and Jacqueline story is pretty much done now we get Liz and Patty! Tsugumi appears to be the force behind some of these changes that lead to what we have in Soul Eater. I also love the Clay and Akane side story with Sid. They really set up some interesting stuff to look forward to while keeping the slice of life style with great nostalgia throw ins.
May 15, 2014 2:09 PM

Aug 2012
I feel like this was an annoying episode .
May 15, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2013
Good to see some of the orginal cast again.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.