Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 31, 2018 8:16 AM

Feb 2018
All in all, a very nice anime, glad I picked it up, it was a really emotional ride, only problem with it is that it felt like it had a lot of explanations missing.

I sure did enjoy my Time of Eve, too bad there isn't a second season.
8/10
May 19, 2018 2:56 AM

Nov 2016
Eh this was ok. Wasn't that impressed with it sadly. 6/10
Pixel_VapourMay 19, 2018 3:01 AM
May 21, 2018 3:34 AM
May 2018
So I absolutely loved this short-series, but it's just....too short... Is there another season coming soon? Or maybe a sequel movie?
Oct 20, 2018 8:59 AM

May 2018
Masaki's father. What a piece of work!! That whole thing with ordering Tex not to speak was about jealousy and nothing else. No Father of the Year Award for him!

Are you enjoying the Time of Eve? Yes, and I want to enjoy more.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Mar 31, 2019 12:54 PM

Jun 2015
i feel like there could've been more explanations and things filled in, but it was a good short series for what it had. i liked the different perspectives, the angles were weird and shaking effects were a refreshing aspect in a way. would watch more of this.
Jun 8, 2019 10:01 AM

Dec 2012
Masaki's story was definitely gripping. It stole the show on that one. Seeing Sammy in the background when Rikuo was finally accepting Time of Eve really got me as well.

Time of Eve is certainly an intriguing glimpse into a world where the lines between human and AI are beginning to blur. Considering that it came out over a decade ago, it's somewhat prophetic and ahead of its time. I don't know if I'd ever go so far as for advocating android rights, but it's clear that as AI becomes more complex, our fundamental understanding of it needs to evolve as well.

Perhaps the most fascinating thing about this concept too is how it can draw parallels to the Genesis story of God making man in his own image. Just like how humans are an imitation of God, androids are an imitation of humans. With that said, both are still a fundamental reflection of what we love within ourselves. If God loves imitations of himself, is it really so strange to think that humans can find reasons to love and cherish artificial intelligence as well?

8/10
Nov 5, 2019 6:56 PM

Sep 2017
That was one of the most depressing slice of life shows I have ever seen, but I really enjoyed it. For such a form factor, the OVAs were able to suprisingly develop deep and interesting characters (for the most part). Some didn't get developed nearly as much as they should have, like that book guy whose name I forget. I still don't really know what is up with his whole organization. Besides that, it was a relaxing and worthwhile use of a few hours. I'd recommend it to people. 7/10.

Dec 27, 2019 1:07 AM

Jun 2019
WolfChaos said:
the art style kind of turned me off.

What about it was off-putting to you? It seemed like it had a very realistic feel, in the sense that if it were live action the way it came off wouldn't be all that different. It was less cartoonish and the animation was very well-polished and felt like they were in a modern city, but without all outdoor backgrounds being white or greyed out. Character designs were very normal and not stylized, so do you mean it was less anime-esque?
Jun 19, 2020 7:11 AM

Dec 2017
short but nice anime for me in this quarantine time. I'm glad I watched something that pushed me to think about our future with latest and most important technological inventions- robots and androids.
Masaki and TEX finally reconnected and the scene on stairs was hilarious :d All in genaral this ep was heart warming but there is only one tiny thing that I'm not fully satisfied: finale. Overall anime was so great and has interesting and really beautiful plot that's why it deserved better ending. 9/10.
Jul 15, 2020 7:17 AM

Jan 2018
Eve no Jikan was definitely interesting from start to finish. 11-12 years later and it is still relevant on androids attaining emotions. Although there are still questions that I want to know, the main thing is how did they get sentience? What is the main goal of Ethics Committee? How did the creator designed the androids in the first place?

Episodes 4 and 6 really sold me out. Pacing's really tight and that sudden change with Masaki and Tex (THX) from drama to comedy was hilarious.

Oh, also. The 3D animation is superb here. Not like lagging FPS kind of thing.

Nevetheless, it's a great anime.

9/10
Jul 16, 2020 3:49 PM
Dec 2017
Really great anime, i loved it!
Also the direction was really good, really loved those camera movements and editing
9/10
Feb 9, 2021 7:15 AM

Apr 2017
None of the problems presented in this series would have happened if the androids wouldn't look like humans.

Why make the androids look like humans if they don't want humans to empathize with them.

Humans are so dumb, always creating a problem and then complaining about said problem.
cunnysseur
Apr 5, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2020
Sadly no second season came out
May 13, 2021 3:04 PM

Jul 2014
I think this series kind of affirms a lot of why science-fiction as a genre really doesn't do all that much for me most of the time. This series explores some interesting ideas about robots and some of the pros and cons that their integration into society would likely cause, but it's nothing that hasn't been done before by many other science-fiction stories. That fact is kind of reflective of how I feel about a lot of science-fiction in general, that it ends up exploring the same sort of ideas over and over again without often adding anything new and meaningful to the discussions raised; the genre to me feels stagnant, and this series is a distinct reflection of that for me.

That aside, though each episode of this series played with an interesting idea (if not a unique one), it didn't feel like there was too much connecting those ideas into a cohesive whole besides the shared setting of the cafe; there was only the thinnest crumb of an overarching narrative, and very little in the way of meaningful character development to tie the individual stories together. And then there's that complete non-ending that it finished on, which really just stopped at random rather than doing anything to resolve any of the numerous hanging plot threads. So, disjoined and incomplete, in other words.

Other than that, I found the art of the show off-putting, particularly in terms of the character designs. On the flip side, the directing did its best to enhance the experience with interesting camera angles and movement techniques. Certainly added a bit more to the experience of watching this, at the very least.

7/10. Some very interesting ideas (particularly episode 5), but ultimately a stagnant and disconnected experience.
AtavisticMay 13, 2021 3:12 PM
Jun 1, 2021 10:33 PM

Jun 2016
Finishing the series... I dont know man... I just didnt like it as much. Its a shame because I watched it with excitement purely because the overwhelmingly great reviews it has. But it just didnt strike any chord with me. I liked the characters. And the visuals... while strange and kinda ugly at times, I can praise them for being original at least. Its a cool show, but I just didnt connect with anyone... ever. I liked all characters quite a lot though, except for the main one. Sammy is great.

It's a shame, I feel like I'm going to forget about this in a couple of weeks :/
Jun 10, 2021 6:00 AM

Aug 2017
Saw this after the movie, I'd say the ONA is a bit less polished in terms of content, though I enjoyed the scenes that were unique to the ONA as well.
Jun 17, 2021 11:30 AM

Jun 2019
My 54th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Jul 27, 2021 8:20 AM

Jan 2011
I already watched this like 11 years ago, and the opening song is missing. The song that plays during the map. It made the show so much better. But now, the OP is gone in the DVD release, and the OST track 01 on youtube is mysteriously missing as well. It's driving me fucking crazy.
Oct 25, 2021 6:29 AM

Aug 2020
Well, definitely an intersting premise. I expected this show to focus on the relationship (dating) between androids and humans (like Chobits). Well, we did get that, but not much.

I really like the ED. It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it. I also really liked the directing.

Overall, sweat and short, it gets either a 6 or 7 out of 10.

MaxiDennisOct 25, 2021 6:33 AM

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Aug 11, 2022 9:06 AM

May 2021
Nothing impressive in this show, another average show overrated by the pseudointellectuals, this isnt totally bad but doesnt impress in any sense, it gets a 4/10.
Feb 17, 2023 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
このアニメは短すぎるのが残念
It sucks that this anime is too short. THE ANIME STORY DESPITE BEING SHORT IS ACTUALLY SO GOOOOD. Why didn't I find out about this before. I hope nothing happens to that cafe and I hope it stands out for as long as human species survive.

ALSO, WASN'T THAT SAMMY AS A HUMAN?? DID SAMMY GET TURNED INTO AN ANDROID? I JUST REALIZED THAT ALL ANDROIDS LOOK DIFFERENT MAYBE THEY WERE MODELED AFTER THE VICTIMS OF THE TOKISAKI INCIDENT? Or maybe the ARE the real victims with consciousness got transported into machines? I don't know. I know it's too much hypothesis but you know.

I WANT MORE OF THE PLOT OF THIS WORLD, AND I WANT EVEN MORE AND MORE OF THIS ANIME. IS THERE A SEASON 2? PLEEASEE
Feb 21, 2023 9:14 PM

Sep 2018
Eh, it was alright. This concept doesn't really do it for me anymore, and I hated the directing. Soundtrack was nice though. 6/10. 
Apr 7, 2023 10:19 AM
Apr 2016
Amazing how this work is ahead of its time in many ways. Regarding the theme, 15 years after its launch we are already facing immense ethical and social dilemmas about how fast AI's are evolving and how they are already starting to impact our society.

In the technical part, although its character designs and some technologies refer to 2008 (such as cell phone models, the use of printed newspapers, TV protagonism with the largest means of mass communication), some aspects of the direction and mainly the setting (read (if the cafeteria modeling) seems to me much better than many anime considered to be good animation nowadays (and I had to watch it in 480p, as it was the only way available on Crunchyroll).

Undoubtedly a different work, a hidden gem. I believe that we have arrived at an ideal historical moment to continue this universe, I hope that some day we will have some kind of continuation.
Dec 15, 2023 9:08 AM

Jan 2020
Great, I am now prepared to handle my AGI waifu in the coming years...
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Canopus - Dec 2, 2008

77 by Randomega »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nx6 - Oct 2, 2008

84 by FanthyLord »»
Jul 2, 2023 7:47 PM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Aug 3, 2008

119 by FanthyLord »»
Jul 2, 2023 7:23 PM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Canopus - Jul 2, 2009

67 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:37 AM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KillthisAccount - May 2, 2009

94 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.