May 13, 2014 4:05 AM
Nov 2009
------------------------
mugiJul 29, 2020 4:58 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 2014 4:20 AM

Aug 2012
Again.....
Though it'll be nice to have 5 episodes in day one. Just an enough compensation for us who are waiting for ages.
May 13, 2014 4:25 AM

Jan 2013
I don't really care about Hanamonogatari, just hope they announce Kizumonogatari release date when they air Hanamonogatari.

And... 5 episodes, that's a bit too many.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 13, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2009
why cannot Shaft Studio hire more animators? especially that Monogatari franchise is a cash cow for them, Shaft Studio is abusing the superior patience of the japanese otakus lol
May 13, 2014 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
why cannot Shaft Studio hire more animators? especially that Monogatari franchise is a cash cow for them, Shaft Studio is abusing the superior patience of the japanese otakus lol

I think it's more like Shinbou directing too many... still a bad excuse though.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 13, 2014 4:30 AM

Jan 2009
DawnJ said:
j0x said:

ye that maybe it, Shinbou is the only director of Shaft Studio and his not even a regular employee i heard
May 13, 2014 5:07 AM

Jul 2009
Well, at least this gives me time to watch Monogatari Series: Second Season first.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
May 13, 2014 5:13 AM

Aug 2012
Laughing. At this rate we'll get Kizu before then. Sucks though, was looking forward to it. I'm at least glad that it's actually "Hanamonogatari."

j0x said:
ye that maybe it, Shinbou is the only director of Shaft Studio and his not even a regular employee i heard

He's more like an educator there but he might as well be staff lead.
May 13, 2014 5:16 AM

Oct 2013
Damn.
May 13, 2014 5:21 AM

Aug 2012
mugi said:
It's actually my fault. My joke was misunderstood or MAL just rolled with it.

The best part is your tone in that post. Think there's any chance they'll rename it? This whole situation is a mess.
May 13, 2014 5:25 AM

Aug 2012
mugi said:
cacen said:

The best part is your tone in that post. Think there's any chance they'll rename it? This whole situation is a mess.

They'll do it right after merging the Monogatari novel entries into one.

So, never?
May 13, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
Sigh. Oh well, at least it's all 5 episodes on the same day. More waiting time though...damn.
May 13, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2014
DawnJ said:
I don't really care about Hanamonogatari, just hope they announce Kizumonogatari release date when they air Hanamonogatari.

And... 5 episodes, that's a bit too many.
May 13, 2014 10:05 AM

Feb 2013
that fucking blows dick
May 13, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
cacen said:
Laughing. At this rate we'll get Kizu before then.

Which would be awesome. At least I care more about Kizu. What really sucks about this, that if they were planning to announce Kizu released date after Hanamonogtari, then that got delayed too.

SHAFT u suck sometimes
May 13, 2014 10:52 AM

Oct 2007
This has to be the most consistently mismanaged and kind of bad franchise to ever be rewarded so faithfully and overwhelmingly by it's fanbase. I guess they don't care when it's released or whether it's even really truly finished at that time since the fervent fanbase basically guarantees them a certain bottom line of sales regardless. They could release an entire disc of Black Scenes and still probably make the expected 40K Preorders.

The only franchise in recent memory that might be worse at this is Code Geass: Akito The Exiled which has managed to have every volume now significantly delayed and now the latest volume delayed indefinitely.
May 13, 2014 10:57 AM

Dec 2012
Ah shut up. Why does this even concern you. Jesus.
May 13, 2014 11:10 AM

Oct 2007
tsudecimo said:
Ah shut up. Why does this even concern you. Jesus.

Just saying this is the studio that so many think is just the absolute greatest and most creative and yet they consistently botch these sorts of things and it's kind of getting amusing on some level. Like all they have to do is...you know...their thing they do with every show, Black scene, red scene, head tilt, quick cut, dialogue splurge of belligerent sexual tension, quick cut, black scene, shot of someones feet as they press it against another persons head or something yadayadayada....Can we get our 40K sales now.....K thanks!

It can't be all that hard a series to produce even, especially since Shaft has gone to the well with their whole style so many times now it should practically be committed to the muscle memory of their artists and yet they just struggle so mightily with scheduling and budget and are rewarded for their almost complete ineptitude and ability to branch out beyond one particular art style anyway. It's just kind of a sad state of affairs that used to annoy me but now I just find kind of funny in a black comedy sort of way.

Anyway people will complain now, but they'll still watch it claim it's a masterpiece and still buy it when it comes out so anything that gets said now is ultimately meaningless in a couple months but still kind of funny, especially considering this was originally at one point supposed to air last summer during the whole second season "masterpiece". It just feels like some form of karma is going on here yet I can't pinpoint exactly where, who is receiving the return, and whether it's positive or negative karma or a bit of both.
PeacingOutMay 13, 2014 11:14 AM
May 13, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2012
Nobody gives a fuck. Fans of the studio are not gonna stop liking the studio because of your endless, constant, biased and unfounded rants. If some people think SHAFT is the best anime studio then that's their concern and opinion. Oh wow, I never read that exact same wording before, amazing.

Blah, blah, blah, same blah and blah. Why are you even posting in this topic? this is not a thread about Studio SHAFT. It's about Hanamonogatari being delayed so it's only relevant to the fans or the people who plan to watch it. Where do you exactly fall here?

Find something better in your life to be obsessed about instead of SHAFT, Kyoani, Aniplex and your minority opinion. It's my fault for even indulging you, I should have tried to ask a mod about this or simply ignore your insufferable self.
May 13, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 2013
They took 5 episodes away from Nisekoi for this only for it to get pushed back. What are they going to use the rest of that timeslot for, if anything?
May 13, 2014 12:07 PM

Nov 2013
C'mon Shaft :(
I was really looking forward to this, I even started a show I'm not very interested in (Nisekoi) just to keep my mind off of this for a while :\

Bleh, at least they'll all be in one day.
May 13, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2007
tsudecimo said:
Nobody gives a fuck. Fans of the studio are not gonna stop liking the studio because of your endless, constant, biased and unfounded rants. If some people think SHAFT is the best anime studio then that's their concern and opinion. Oh wow, I never read that exact same wording before, amazing.

Blah, blah, blah, same blah and blah. Why are you even posting in this topic? this is not a thread about Studio SHAFT. It's about Hanamonogatari being delayed so it's only relevant to the fans or the people who plan to watch it. Where do you exactly fall here?

Find something better in your life to be obsessed about instead of SHAFT, Kyoani, Aniplex and your minority opinion. It's my fault for even indulging you, I should have tried to ask a mod about this or simply ignore your insufferable self.

Yes perhaps I overstepped a little bit there into off topic rant territory, for now I'll just express my continue bemusement at the whole mismanaged scheduling thing and leave it at that.
May 13, 2014 12:23 PM
Oct 2010
I don't mind too much but August is pretty far off. At least we get all in a day so I know what I'm going to be doing then :).

It really could be quality issues to I guess. With Nisekoi, Madoka and the dreadfully animated MekakuCity actors on their plate a delay might be for the best.
May 13, 2014 3:43 PM

Aug 2012
Kizuno feelings? Hope not , damn Shaft ='/
May 13, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2013
Inb4 this is the next kizu.
an egomaniac and a fool

May 13, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2013
....How much Hitagi does this mean we miss for three months? Depending on the answer, I could live with this.
May 13, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2012
Grouchio said:
....How much Hitagi does this mean we miss for three months? Depending on the answer, I could live with this.

Wait, Hitagi has screen time there? I was under the impression that it's mainly about Kanbaru and what goes in her mind, and even Araragi makes a small appearance.
May 13, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2012
She doesnt have screen time on Hanamonogatari...
May 13, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
This has to be the most consistently mismanaged and kind of bad franchise to ever be rewarded so faithfully and overwhelmingly by it's fanbase. I guess they don't care when it's released or whether it's even really truly finished at that time since the fervent fanbase basically guarantees them a certain bottom line of sales regardless. They could release an entire disc of Black Scenes and still probably make the expected 40K Preorders.

The only franchise in recent memory that might be worse at this is Code Geass: Akito The Exiled which has managed to have every volume now significantly delayed and now the latest volume delayed indefinitely.

lol why do you always come to monogatari series threads trying to shit on the series with your pseudo intellectuality? i mean if you dislike the show on such a consistent basis why come to a thread about a delay seems as if you would be indifferent. there are plenty of other middle aged elitists that will be willing to circle jerk with you about how amazing and superior LOTGH and other 80s anime is.
May 13, 2014 6:37 PM

Aug 2012
Emnay said:
Inb4 this is the next kizu.

based on the PV released im almost certain sure its nothing like the kizu situation . it would be easier for us fans if shaft was more transparent about it but im not too worried.

i was thinking maybe the delay might actually have something to do with kizu. kind of a stretch but maybe they want to time hana so that it comes out in closer proximity to when they'd like to release kizu. probably just optimism tho.
May 13, 2014 7:21 PM

Jun 2013
....I think I'll be able to wait this one out. The series can never be it's best without the harem goddess.
May 13, 2014 7:23 PM

Dec 2009
Cool but what about the Vampire arc?
May 14, 2014 6:09 AM

Feb 2011
Freakin SHAFT being SHAFT again.
May 14, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
Delayed to Augst 16th? I'm not even surprised or disappointed. I don't even know what to expect anymore lol. To be honest I thought it was too good to be true that they manged to squish it in this Spring season at the last second. A two and a half month delay isn't that bad since we're getting all of it at once.
DawnJ said:
j0x said:

Doesn't he have a protege though? Tatsuwa Naoyuki has been episode directing multiple of Shinbou's works since SZS and is a first time director for Nisekoi with Shinbou. If SHAFT is lacking on manpower, Tatsuwa should be able to handle something simple like the Hana OVA.
May 14, 2014 10:35 AM
Aug 2011
Okay that gives me even more time to watch Monogatari S2.
Here's hoping the delay means that Kanbaru will look even more perfect when it comes out. I can definitely llive with that.

Grouchio said:
....I think I'll be able to wait this one out. The series can never be it's best without the harem goddess.

You are so wrong and ruining for the rest of us who care greatly about Kanbaru.
I hope Hitagi doesn't come out at all, you deserve at least that much suffering.

tsudecimo said:
Nobody gives a fuck. Fans of the studio are not gonna stop liking the studio because of your endless, constant, biased and unfounded rants.

Actually, the more I see him rage the more I want to love these studios.
standMay 14, 2014 10:39 AM
May 14, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2012
parfaited said:

I hope Hitagi doesn't come out at all, you deserve at least that much suffering.

So sinister :o

Shinbo having more screen time than Hitagi in Second Season was punishment enough :/

I hate that stupid loli vampire
May 14, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
But Shinobu is awesome.
Not as awesome as Hitagi though.
May 15, 2014 2:19 AM

Aug 2012
Damn, I was looking forward to seeing Kanbaru again. :(

XushuMay 15, 2014 2:23 AM
May 15, 2014 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
parfaited said:

So sinister :o

Shinbo having more screen time than Hitagi in Second Season was punishment enough :/

I hate that stupid loli vampire

Senjougahara owned entirely Bakemonogatari so i'm glad to see she was not that present on next chapters.

Glad to see that Shinobu, Araragi, Karen, Tsukihi, Mayoi, Tsubasa, Kaiki and Sengoku could enjoy Nisemonogatari and Monogatari 2nd Season screentime.
May 18, 2014 1:54 AM

May 2009
Well actually this kind of delay is kinda good, we need to stay away from the series to find some time to take a look at other series. in other words, i would like to miss my favourite series instead of seeing it every season. Seeing it after a year will just make me enjoy the show even more.
May 19, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
Fuck..... ;__;
May 19, 2014 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
I'm more mad about the fact that Nisekoi was shortened for no reason. I had a feeling they were gonna pull this with Hanamonogatari so it's not as surprising as it is disappointing. Oh well.. 3 months fly by fairly quickly
May 19, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
oh well, i got time.

fans of the monogatari franchise will keep waiting for it and kizu
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 20, 2014 9:09 AM

Jun 2013
Wise decision actually

Really, SHAFT should think twice about SCHEDULING

Out of topic but really hope that with Hana's delay, MCA's animation getting better
May 21, 2014 6:35 AM

Apr 2014
I hope they really do their job to make this anime even better!!
I'm dying to watch it. Since all of the gatari series are amazing!!
May 21, 2014 6:37 AM

Jan 2013
Wow so much butthurt in this thread.

You people act like they are required to make anime for you to watch.
May 22, 2014 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
In their defense, they're currently working on Nisekoi and Mekaku City Actors.
May 23, 2014 10:08 PM

May 2014
Was waiting for it eagerly!
Double delay incoming!
May 26, 2014 2:26 AM

Oct 2012
Aw Shaft :(
Well, it's ok
Just make it more "wow" xD
"Signature removed"
May 29, 2014 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
parfaited said:

You are so wrong and ruining for the rest of us who care greatly about Kanbaru.

^ Exactly. Some of us around these parts actually like Kanbaru. I prefer her over Senjougahara anyday.
~Izzy Zazztacular~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

290 by SouthRzVa »»
Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mills - Aug 16, 2014

74 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 20, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

57 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tj_odee - Aug 19, 2014

110 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 18, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

112 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 28, 6:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.