Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Tobira o Akete (1995) Episode 1 Discussion

Sep 19, 2009 11:09 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hey that wasn't half bad, nice lite hearted dream story, and her cat came to life at the end. I think the music was the best part I enjoyed, love those ballet tracks! :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 24, 2010 8:27 AM

I drew parallels with this anime and Disney's Fantasia 2000. The psychedelic atmosphere mixed with classical music made it a fun watch.

Jul 11, 2012 6:33 PM

it felt little more than a graphics demo really. the Fantasia reference definitely seemed intentional with the first song appearing in the original Fantasia (Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy)*

half expected the Beatles in a Yellow Submarine to appear near the end, the art had the same style

*which may be why i didn't rate this very highly actually - the 1940 animation is immeasurably better...
Modified by Blackouting, Jul 11, 2012 6:48 PM

Nov 27, 2013 10:20 PM

There really wasn't much to this short. Typical art from this director and feel, idk what was supposed to happen. Some of the creatures seemed cool, others looked sloppy. In the end all she did was get her cat.

Sep 5, 2018 3:29 PM

Reminded me a bit of Peter Pan, but this Fairy was way creepier. Almost didn't look human but something really you would want to avoid at nigh. Nonoko is one brave girl for allowing herself to be taken into adventure by such being.

Overall it was short but okay, there wasn't much apart from the creepy fairy taking Nonoko into a dream adventure.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John