Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2009 11:09 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hey that wasn't half bad, nice lite hearted dream story, and her cat came to life at the end. I think the music was the best part I enjoyed, love those ballet tracks! :)
Apr 24, 2010 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
I drew parallels with this anime and Disney's Fantasia 2000. The psychedelic atmosphere mixed with classical music made it a fun watch.
Jul 11, 2012 6:33 PM

Apr 2012
it felt little more than a graphics demo really. the Fantasia reference definitely seemed intentional with the first song appearing in the original Fantasia (Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy)*

half expected the Beatles in a Yellow Submarine to appear near the end, the art had the same style

*which may be why i didn't rate this very highly actually - the 1940 animation is immeasurably better...
BlackoutingJul 11, 2012 6:48 PM
Nov 27, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2010
There really wasn't much to this short. Typical art from this director and feel, idk what was supposed to happen. Some of the creatures seemed cool, others looked sloppy. In the end all she did was get her cat.
Sep 5, 2018 3:29 PM

Oct 2015
Reminded me a bit of Peter Pan, but this Fairy was way creepier. Almost didn't look human but something really you would want to avoid at nigh. Nonoko is one brave girl for allowing herself to be taken into adventure by such being.

Overall it was short but okay, there wasn't much apart from the creepy fairy taking Nonoko into a dream adventure.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 27, 2019 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
the wonderful world of a child's imagination :)

She sees an odd pattern of an other worldly being on her wall and the wall outside her room... sparking her imagination.. things like this happened in childhood. Cute.
Dec 11, 2019 2:02 PM

Jun 2016
The close ups of Nonoko's eyes and just generally the art style was awesome! In such a short time she was characterized quite charmingly too with a nice relationship with her mom. Getting absorbed into such childish things like the shadow on your wall. The scene where she was flying through a reflected tunnel of what appeared to be real photographs reminded me of the bonus levels in old sonic games, the use of a CG camera ruled and even made me think of paper mario sometimes.. Voice acting was real sweet and need I mention the colorful world and designs?

I wonder if Nonoko staying in black and white from when the lights turned off is to imply she was always in the dark of her room. Color only coming back once she appears back in the room with sunlight coming in.
Jul 13, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2017
Cute little dream with classical music. Somehow this is absent even from the websites of the studio and of Koji Morimoto...Did they forget their own work? x)
Aug 31, 2023 8:49 PM

Jan 2020
I just want to say this was impressive, it reminded me of Paprika but less terrifying. This has the potential to become a full series, I wonder why nobody has had such idea?
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.