Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 15, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2012
this episode is full Saki cuteness :3

May 15, 2014 9:07 PM

Oct 2012
That was a great episode, even made me tear up a little bit.
Loved Kaori's mom, she was really adorable and kindhearted.
May 15, 2014 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
"I forgot where your room is too." LMAO! Laughed so hard at that. Saki's so awesome. And now I know why I can't help but think of Yuyushiki when watching this. Same VA for Saki and Yuzuko...and Saki is Yuzuko on depressants XD! The white border thingys add to the Yuyushiki vibe as well :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 16, 2014 12:30 AM

Jun 2011
BeatOfRebirth96 said:
Math is still one of the greatest enemies of humanity and what a nice mother.

I know it's tongue-in-cheek but for once I'd like to see an MC that's bad at a subject other than math.
May 16, 2014 4:38 AM

May 2010
Is it just me was that Makoto x Gou (Free!) doujinshi, Saki was holding?

Saki is too cute! "I forget the room, too!" xD

Such a loving mother, Kaori has.

Great episode once again.
May 16, 2014 6:59 AM

Jul 2009
This anime is so cute! really...
I wonder if some friend said something mean to Kaori in the past or tried to do something, guess we will need to wait...I wish there was more 20 episodes of this! :D
May 16, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2011
Another fantastic episode, this show just keeps amazing me!
loliowoMay 16, 2014 3:58 PM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 17, 2014 1:13 AM
Nov 2013
is there any news about the ending of this anime ? i mean will it have a filler ending ?
May 17, 2014 4:40 AM

Apr 2014
The thought of being forgotten by someone who spent countless memories with me.. This anime makes me think, it makes me cherish the life I have now, and the friends within it. Isshuukan Friends really touches my heart. ^^
May 17, 2014 2:59 PM

Sep 2009
AlexTheRiot said:
Again, the moment with Kiryuu wasn't as heart warming as in the manga, but not bad I suppose. I'm okay with the amount of content switching they've been doing, so long as we get to see the events of their second study session in a couple of episodes.
IKR Kiryuu was cooler and the atmosphere was better in the manga. Tbh it was abit awkward in the anime.
May 17, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
Douglas24 said:
That was a nice heart warming episode. Fujimiya's mother is really nice. Also Im glad that they covered what happens in the past with Fujimiya.

+1
And the way Saki talks is funny lol!
May 17, 2014 7:01 PM

Dec 2010
A nice episode but I still don't get the least bit where is this anime going.

Saki's moe-ness still doesn't affect me.
May 17, 2014 11:38 PM

Jun 2013
I like when a show can prompt you to think about and feel things from things that aren't explicitly stated. For example, I started tearing up when I saw how flustered/happy Kaori's mom got when Kaori brought home her friends. When thinking about Kaori's situation, you could imagine why that would make her mom so happy. Imagine being worried about your daughter not being able to make friends (for whatever reason), and then she slowly starts smiling more, her attitude gradually becomes brighter, she starts talking about people in her class, and then eventually she actually brings friends over. There is so much understated, but very powerful emotion in that moment, if you ask me.

Also, I'm glad we got a small look into Kaori's past through her mother. I suspected that her memory loss is not necessarily due to some physically traumatic injury, but also possibly some emotionally-scarring event. This episode sort of confirms that. Curious to see where this will go.

This was a very important, and good, episode. There was also a lot of sugar and fluff, as per usual... so many diabetes... all of the diabetes.
-Trippwire-May 17, 2014 11:44 PM
May 18, 2014 10:08 AM

Jul 2012
Oh good. It improved from the previous episode but

Meritas said:
A nice episode but I still don't get the least bit where is this anime going.

^
May 18, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2012
Cute episode. I really would like to see Shougo as a love interest for Fujimiya. I mean, that moment in her room was cute.
May 18, 2014 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
Another great episode!

Saki was in top form again with her cute and funny moments, and Kaori leaning her head on her poster was a really nice touch too.

Hopefully they can keep this momentum going for the second half of the series. =D
May 23, 2014 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
Studying at Kaori's house, everyone ended up going haha~ Her mom was so cute when she was all flustered! And i really want to know what happened to Kaori that day of the accident..
Jun 4, 2014 1:19 AM

Aug 2012
Really like Saki and Shougo. Plus, Kaori's mom seems to be very nice.

Anyway this continues to be so cute. The feels are off the charts.
Jun 6, 2014 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode pleasant, strangely I do not understand why I perceive a faint sense of danger, perhaps the narrative is not completely relaxed to give me this perception.
Sweet and pleasant during the narrative questions concerning the talk about friendship, not bad the fact that the plot resumes into account the relationship between outstanding Shougo and Kaori.
Less intriguing revelations of the mother Fujimiya, I thought it would be a nice twist ... oh well!
Nice designs and scenarios.
I wonder who is the friend of so important kaori, with which he was seeing ... I'm curious!
Jun 7, 2014 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
wow, I didn't expect THAT much saki's love here. There are people who really hate her (and her seiyuu). It's like a "fake cuteness" for some people. For me, I really find hard to believe the "introduction" in episode 5, not much love or hate all around, but the reality is... I can't stop sense that it'd be a better show only with hase, kaori and kiryuu in the main.
Jun 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Oct 2013
Kaori is SO FUCKIGN CUTE I CAN'T STAND IT aosdhasoghdsGOLHAODIFHDO vbjlnv,cmvbn

Saki still kinda gets on my nerves, but her voice acting is adorable too, so... feh.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 22, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2012
Shougo is pretty cold and doesn't open up to others. I hope we''ll see him smile at least once.
Jun 25, 2014 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
SanaeSnake said:
Shougo is pretty cold and doesn't open up to others. I hope we''ll see him smile at least once.

I don't think that'll ever happen.

Hase is starting to become annoying. I wish he'd stop denying his feeling for Kaori.
Jun 27, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2014
Way better than last episode. I still dislike Saki. I wish Kaori and Hase got some alone time.
Jul 11, 2014 8:29 PM

Sep 2012
This show took a severe nose dive.

The characters all act like 5 year olds, constantly narrate what they are doing/what they just did with each other in an obnoxious overexplination of every fucking scene, Hase overreacts and gasps to ever line of dialogue like a social illiterate weirdo, Saki acts like a retard, the blond guy is emotionless and boring, and Kaori is boring too.

As I keep watching, I keep getting more and more disappointed.

For a show about friends, the main character has some pretty lousy relationships. I mean, are him and the blond guy even friends? He always seems reluctant and begrudging to even hang out with MC. And what was with that scene where he gave him money? "I don't consider this as borrowed" (i.e., this isn't a loan; I'm keeping this money) "Bla bla thank you for always listening to my problems". ... umm.. so is that implying that he's like, paying him to sit there and listen to him talk? Some sort of weird friendship prostitution?

I just keep getting weird vibes from how everything tries to be OH SO INNOCENT AND KAWAII. It comes off as forced and unrealistic, and just overall bad writing.

I hope it picks back up, I don't really want to drop this.
Jul 15, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2012
Fujimiya's mother is nice and sweet mother~
Jul 19, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2013
Figured something this specific had to be more related to her past than her cognitive ability.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it could be connected to Shougo? It's probably wrong, but he seems like the type of guy who would wait for her to come around rather than push her to remember something from back then.

Other than that, this episode was really cute. Fujimiya's mom is so sweet. <3
Jul 27, 2014 12:30 PM

May 2012
Interesting short backstory and lovely development! Let's see what's next.
Aug 19, 2014 12:36 AM

Aug 2007
I always love it when anime moms are super cute <3

Sep 6, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2010
Saaaakiiii!! <3
Kaori's mom is like my mom, careful and friendly.
Kaori's amnesia was caused by one of her old friends, I hope Hase will find her old friend and solve the problem in that way.
Sep 8, 2014 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
It's official! I want Saki! I wanna keep her.!
Oct 26, 2014 11:55 PM

Jan 2014
So cute~
Jan 18, 2015 1:59 PM

Jul 2013
Man, I wish I have a study group with my friends, but sadly our classes are all different. :( kaoiri's mom is pretty nice and interesting. Despite how Kaori's suffering she is still able to support her.
Apr 15, 2015 11:24 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
rodac said:
ReaperCreeper said:
32 is a pass? How the hell do Japanese kids have so much pressure to pass then?

Depends on what the pass mark is set at. I can remember friends who passed a biochem final with 16% because of how hard the test was. I think the other factor is that entrance exams are the gatekeeper mechanism in Japanese education, rather than final exams. The pressure is on to do well on the entrance exams so you can get into a good high school or university. But 32 still seems to be low...

And it seems to me that just about everyone else knows that Hase and Fujimiya are more than just friends, except Hase and Fujimiya.

Well it also depends on how the test was set. Sometimes my teacher would give tests set at 50 questions, the passing grade would be around 32 correctly answered questions. If it was 32/100, then yea that is a low grade.

I was expecting Kaori to have suffered an accident, much less a car accident. I was expecting something around the being bullied scenario and her friend saw she was getting bullied but decided not to help. Kaori is left traumatized and ends up closing herself from possible friends.

It seems like Hase has been on the 3rd wheel spot ever since Saki showed up. Speaking of Saki, hilarious how she made herself at home and started to grab things from Kaori's room lol.

May 3, 2015 9:43 AM
Feb 2015
Probably the best episode so far. Touching episode :D

If every mom was like that :)
Sep 15, 2015 4:32 PM
Dec 2009
I was so worried the mom would start some drama and be like "stay away from my daughter" when they met in the park... happy it didn't turn out that way :) What a sweet and supportive mom! Now that Hase knows a little more about Fujimiya's past maybe he can start to work through that with her.

rodac said:
And it seems to me that just about everyone else knows that Hase and Fujimiya are more than just friends, except Hase and Fujimiya.

This, this so much. Even Fujimiya's mom knows, haha!
Nov 30, 2015 12:13 AM

Jul 2012
The thin line between cute and awkward

well, I could expect that kind of backstory for the "memory reset"

I'm looking forward to know more
Feb 22, 2016 12:12 PM

Mar 2014
More cuteness... and math.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Dec 30, 2018 10:53 AM
Apr 2016
Finally some backstory, not much but some! Study groups are useful.
Nov 9, 2019 3:44 AM

Feb 2019
Cute episode. Glad we learnt more about what happened to Kaori. Seems something happened in between her leaving and getting hit by the car. An argument? A betrayal? Definitely something that really hurt her and has something to do with that friend. Looking forward to learning more.

Such a nice mom though, and I like how she teases Hase-kun about her (correct) guess that he likes her.
May 30, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
I never tried melon pan myself.. But it looks tasty.. But maybe it's just look.. As I don't know how good of a combination is bread with melon..
And Saki is the movement force, who makes Kaori's situation develop.. ;P Well, some others are too, just that I like how Saki can make a big push sometimes..
Jul 26, 2021 11:54 AM

Mar 2021
Episode 6 " Mothers of Friends"
Milfs are the BESTTT
but it seems like Fujimiya still doesn't understand that Kiryuu and her are already Friends, it's smthng like "go with the flow" type of Friendship but I'm glad that they now Acknowledge they are friends
Fujimiya's Mom gave Hase-kun a letter "After School tomorrow please come to the park I need to speak with you" Damn wth is wrong with my mind....
but Fujimiya's mom teasing hase-kun is so hilarious lol that's why Anime mom's are the best although Mom's like kayo's mom (from Erased) are an Exception, Those are bad Mom's but they have some Backstory so we kinda forgave them JUST KINDA
also, they gave us sum Background story for Fujimiya and that's noicee but we still have some missing piece
and Hase-kun spoke to Fujimiya in the classroom which is a huge stepforward

I kinda don't understand what the next episode will be but there's some kind of PE class scene.... Episode 7 "Friends that say "ah" Friends that say "whew"
Dec 27, 2022 1:33 PM

May 2015
I want to know more about Kaori, her story looks very sad :'(
Jun 12, 2023 10:58 PM

May 2020
Mom episode. Such a cute momment when hase leaves and things get awkward between Kaori and Kiryuu 😭

Something is definitely happened between Kaori and her "dear friend" before she got hit by the car.
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.