Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 11, 2014 5:31 PM

Jan 2013
Thats not what they meant by that last part you idiot. Doesn't matter though. But yes.
May 11, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2011
I trust, but verify.
May 11, 2014 5:49 PM

Nov 2012
Monad said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Do you have a hard time getting to or trusting people? why is that just an inbuilt need to protect yourself or an incident in your past? should people trust others or is it over-rated.

Yes there is some grey areas of trust issues and paranoia of others.

Trust issue: I can't trust my girl/guy he/she might cheat on me.
Paranoia: I think my room-mate put bleach in my water bottle to poison me.

I don't trust people, never have trust is never a good thing to put in others. Most people are only out for themselves. Then again I have paranoia issues too, that second example is one of my own.

I don't trust even my shadow.
Though is different from your examples. If you asked me if i am certain my girlfriend didn't cheat on me i will say that i am not since as i said i never think that anybody is beyond doing something but i don't suffer from paranoia or obsession.
Just because i am not trusting the other 100% doesn't mean i will follow them or get crazy about it.
Basically i don't trust anyone but i ignore the fact that they can betray me. I simply have no absolute expectations.
So if you asked me whether i trust my roommate not to put bleach on my water bottle then i will say no. If you asked me whether that means that i will be emptying my water bottle and putting fresh water every time it left my sight for 10 minutes then i will say No.

I'm like the guy giving $10 to the bum in the corner. He still knows that the dude is probably gonna waste them buying booze but he gives it to him anyway. The only difference is that he knows what to expect unlike the guy believing that his actually contributing to make that guys life better with his $10.

Optimism in the face of acknowledging a shitty reality. I like it.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
May 11, 2014 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
Lime_ said:

Kibura said:
I just don't let people get close in the first place by avoiding most people.

Jeez, you could've said that from the start and saved me months of pining and agony!! hidoi Kibura, hidoi~ :(

I can't afford to let anyone close, ever. I cannot be hurt again, I only got one part of me keeping me going left. Last time I put my trust in others, it nearly cost me my life. So I need to keep my emotional pain at the level it is, any more and it breaks the dam. So even if I started to trust someone I would do something on purpose to make them hate me, its better for me and maybe if they are good people them too.
May 11, 2014 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah, I'm always suspicious of people and their motives.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
May 12, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
Yes. Why are some people so evil? Then I started doubting everyone. I started thinking that someone will only be nice to me if they can gain something from it (not necessarily money).
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
May 12, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2008
I only doubt those who give me reason to do so.

Oh, but I don't trust anyone who wears a suit.
AgnostosMay 12, 2014 9:27 AM
May 12, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2013
Shiratori-san said:
Yes. Why are some people so evil? Then I started doubting everyone. I started thinking that someone will only be nice to me if they can gain something from it (not necessarily money).

That's pretty sad man, you must have been through some shit : /
Bokura wa Minna Ikiteiru
May 12, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
I DONT TRUST YOU PEOPLE
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
May 12, 2014 3:56 PM

Jan 2013
I used to easily trust people on any of my secrets as long as they promised not to tell anyone. Now I have a hard time trusting anyone at all. Even someone close to me. Even if they do promise or something, they still always end up telling someone. Sometimes I can't even trust myself.
May 12, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2011
Yes, especially in school. I really cant trust anyone to do their work in group projects. I must do it all myself before presentations.
May 12, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2012
People would say I do but I don't think I'm that bad. I trust different people with different things. But I think blindly trusting any one person entirely is stupid.
May 12, 2014 4:56 PM
Apr 2014
Ya. It came from past experiences. I have really struggled with that, mostly cuz the people I know are jerks.
More Power for the Starpower 🌟💫
May 12, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
trusted a lot of people back then, lesson learned. I don't even trust people with good intentions. it'll take a while for me to open up to people
May 12, 2014 6:39 PM

Nov 2013
I usually trust most of the people I know, but if someone gives me a reason not to trust them then I won't. It matters on the other person for me I guess, not really "trust issues".
May 12, 2014 7:01 PM

Apr 2014
I agree, I usually trust people, unless they give me a reason not to trust them.
May 12, 2014 7:04 PM

May 2009
Nope, I trust people unless they give me reason not to, without being completely naive either, or so I'd like to believe.
May 15, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2012
Yep. I think everybody's just making fun of me.
May 15, 2014 10:29 AM
Dec 2013
if I even don't trust myself how should I trust others
May 15, 2014 2:59 PM
Feb 2014
Yeah, I only trust a few people in this world, but it's fine, I don't need to trust the world. Small group's trust is enough for me to coast through it all.
May 15, 2014 3:07 PM

Nov 2012
That I do not have. Probably. Some of my actions suggest that I trust easily/assume the best in people, but I'm really just careless.
May 15, 2014 8:25 PM

May 2010
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Do you have a hard time getting to or trusting people? why is that just an inbuilt need to protect yourself or an incident in your past? should people trust others or is it over-rated.

I used to trust people, but people have let me down. My issues with trust keeps intensifying and I fear it might reach an extreme someday. It gets worse, because I'm usually keen on changes in people. I confront them about it, and instead of honesty, they lie, and in the end it all just hurts worse, and I guess I'm a fool because I go ahead and trust that person even when I feel they're lying.

I'm not too worried if a stranger lies to me. My paranoia about being lied to is mostly on a personal level. Since the last time I was hurt, I've invested a lot more time than usual into learning more about how to tell if someone is lying. I'm currently teetering between staying at that point and going further, doing more in depth research, buying books... maybe even taking lessons about it...
May 17, 2014 1:53 AM

Dec 2012
all she cares about is money and the city where she's from
May 17, 2014 6:18 AM

Mar 2014
I don't trust this forum enough to disclose that information.

waka waka
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2014 6:27 AM

Mar 2014
No I don't, but that doesn't mean that I trust people very easily. I have to get to know them for a while and if I feel like I can trust them, then I do.
May 19, 2014 5:16 PM

Dec 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
I feel as if everyone has at least a few, as otherwise you'd be a naive blind fool.

On the other hand, have too many and you're gonna come off as crazy and anti-social.

Yep yep, it's good to find a balance of sorts with people.
I'll usually trust someone until they give me a reason not to, obviously to a lesser extent than say a good friend or partner, but if you're too paranoid and worrying about if you can trust someone, you may miss out on opportunities to make new friends or maybe a partner if you're lucky.
May 19, 2014 6:17 PM

Apr 2014
I suppose i do, not to sure why one day i just became that way. Distance myself from everyone trust no one, always think of there reasoning for everything even if its probably paranoia. I guess i just feel safe if i let no one in.
May 19, 2014 7:10 PM

Jan 2014
Trust. I don't even trust myself most days.

I guess I have everyday trust. I trust people to do everyday things to a sorta-OK degree with an average amount of trust. Most people fail to meet my standards, especially in the work environment, so I have a set of standards for the useless masses and a set of standards for myself.

My version of trust is wrapping my inner black pessimism in a fluffy blanket of smiles, happiness, and affability.
May 19, 2014 7:12 PM

Feb 2013
Well I hate everyone so yeah. It's easy to 'trust' completely normal/moral good-ish people though or at least rely on them for what you know they will fulfill. At least there's that.
May 20, 2014 2:22 AM

Jan 2014
I can't trust anyone, sometimes I just wanna be friends, then they just spike my drink.
I'm on one, fuck it I'm on one, a strong one.
May 20, 2014 5:04 AM
Oct 2013
I'm the opposite. I've always been told by my parents "don't follow some random old man who told you to follow him!" from time to time but it happened again. Or by my friends "don't give money to people like that, she obviously lied about her sickness!" "don't give your number to the guy you just knew online just because he asked!". I'm not that gullible anymore, but compared to you guys, I trust people irl waaaay too easy.
May 20, 2014 5:07 AM

Nov 2013
The hell I do. Don't trust anyone but yourself.

May 20, 2014 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
Trusting someone just ends up you getting hurt.
May 22, 2014 1:38 AM

May 2011
Yeah. People can be pretty sick, and not in the good way.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

38 by Kamikaze_404 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 31 minutes ago

3 by LightWorker »»
13 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

67 by 88expert »»
2 hours ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

67 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - Yesterday

21 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.