Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 10, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow this Luna kid is annoying and I don't blame Nike for getting driven crazy by her. At any rate, it is a new change of pace with someone else entering this story. I do admit that girl looks kinda cute when she was a kid though. And based on her interactions with the King during her childhood, their past relationship actually had some bonding moments.

It was fun seeing Nike learn new dance moves with Neil. I find the rivalry this episode to be interesting to watch though. That kiss surprised me.
Stark700May 10, 2014 12:32 PM
May 10, 2014 12:53 PM

Nov 2007
A girl who knows and loves the king came and is jealous of the main girl. Everyone approves young princess more. The king still prefers main girl. Horse riding match and serious girls love talk, which she finally approves him. Wow, a kiss!

Long hair blond guy as new rival next. (airing May 24, 26:55, though)
tsubasaloverMay 10, 2014 3:45 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 10, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
God damn it, the main couple still looks extremely weird to me. I cant help but think that Luna was really a way better match for Livi than Nike.
Is there ever gonna be a single episode without the tender rain after the 1st?

Im clearly watching the wrong genre here, I know it. But cant drop it either, so frustrating :D
May 10, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2013
Livius' childhood friend stop by. That kiss at the end caught her by surprise lol.
May 10, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2010
During Luna's flashback where she saw Livius on the throne, he looked so much like Lelouch it was ridiculous.
May 10, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. Better than I thought from the pv ^^

Luna was quite annoying at the beginning but she turned out to be not that bad.

She still got totally owned by Nike and how much Livi loves her and she loves him :3

It was her fault though for being scared of how Livi changed. If she really loved him she would've stayed with him so her loss :P

Really loving the relationship between these 2. How he told her that his height difference will only be temporary since they will stay together 4ever was <3<3

The song to cover Luna's tears was nice hehe.

And the kiss at the end when she called him Livi was <3 OTP :3

Nxt ep seems this time after having the girl rival, we're having the guy rival. Looking fun, pushing Nike into bed and all XD I can't wait to see him get owned XD
May 10, 2014 1:37 PM
Mar 2012
Such great development this episode. I felt really sorry for Luna that her childhood love was taken by someone else.
May 10, 2014 1:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Neil yelling at Nike in the beginning and how she has a hard time saying Livius' name..

New character introduced; Amaluna Luirasael, first royal daughter of the Ocean Kingdom and Livius' childhood friend.
She has already picked a rivalry with Nike, calling her a homewrecker. XD

The 3 elders are so perverted! How did they attain such high position?! O.o

Nice Livius X Nike moments. Liked Livius' resolve of not letting her go because she's the one he needs, regardless of anything!

What a short duel! Nike was awesome, expressing her love for Livius and saving the loli princess. Haha.
Though, she finally acknowledges Nike and requests for a Tender Rain. :)

That sneaky little guy Livius, stealing a kiss so suddenly. Haha. Nicely done, indeed.

Nice episode. Will miss the loli princess.. Hope we see more of her in the later episodes.

Next episode: "Wild Waltz."

May 10, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2012
Love is accepting each other who they are, whether they changed into something better or something worse. Sorry, Luna you lost that battle against Nike ;D
May 10, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Luna, Oh well Livi doesn't have a feeling for her to begin with.
That kiss O_O
I was drinking coffee then suddenly he kissed Nike I spilled few drops of coffee on my lap and I was like "wow, it caught me of guard too." :p

that pv though.
May 10, 2014 3:29 PM

Jan 2011
Luna actually turned out to not be as bad as I feared. Great development between Livi and Nike this episode, culminating in that kiss... I wish more shows had something like that happen (You hear me....I'm talking to YOU, FT...).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 10, 2014 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
This show is getting better and better each episode. To be honest, I didn't expect this show to be that great but it's sure showed me! I thought I would hate Luna a lot more, but I didn't. That kiss!
May 10, 2014 4:37 PM

Jul 2010
Really enjoying how Nike really interact with the people, glad that some people actually love the rain.
I laughed when Luna swore :P
Didn't like Luna much when it started but after her realization and her crying, shes not all that bad of a person.
Really nice to see Nike trying to change herself for Livius and that Livius noticing it.
The kiss was really Livius like :D
That song never gets old, I mean some of the best moments are there too :3
Great episode, really loving this series.
May 10, 2014 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
Livius's childhood friend named Luna came to visit.

That's kiss at the ending was nice.
May 10, 2014 5:13 PM
Jan 2014
I love Nike's expressions and her character overall.

She sure is dedicated to Livi, practicing proper dancing in the middle of the night.

Luna played a nice role in Nike's character developement.

So in this episode someone tried to steal Livi, and judging by the PV, someone tries to steal Nike in the next episode. Lol
May 10, 2014 5:16 PM
Oct 2012
Humm, I was dreading this episode, but they managed to pull it off with good humor, good for them, I really hope though that the next arc is finished in one episode, though they will probably take two.

AlexGK said:
Im clearly watching the wrong genre here, I know it. But cant drop it either, so frustrating :D

It isn't so much the genre I found, but how well made the show is. I have yet to find a genre that didn't have a series that I really enjoyed. Similar to you I am not into romance genre, but this does an extremely good job at it. The two make a really cute couple, but yet they don't cross into that "they are perfect for each other regime" (though I can see that becoming a problem in the near future). The show has some nice humor, good pacing, interesting characters, so if they just sink the damn song, it would be nigh well perfect for the genre.
May 10, 2014 5:28 PM

Dec 2011
So this girl Luna is a princess and Livius's childhood friend huh.

Wow... Luna sure is annoying and throws insults left and right at Nike.

Hahaha, the three of them slept together since Luna is too jealous.

Luna was scared of Livius when he first became king since he was really scary due to his mother's death.

Awwww, Nike said she loves everything about Livius.

Well done Livius, well done, you finally managed to kiss Nike on the lips!

In the next episode it's Livius's turn to have a rival... What's next? Neil's going to have a butler rival or something?
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 10, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2011
LOL. That ending with the kiss! Livius is cheeky! XD

Even though I complain about many things, I like this show despite all its faults. ^^
May 10, 2014 6:35 PM

Aug 2013
The episode looked great and the music was good as always but the loud mouth, annoying, bratty loli ruined it. Hopefully she will not be in any future episodes.
May 10, 2014 6:40 PM
Oct 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
The episode looked great and the music was good as always but the loud mouth, annoying, bratty loli ruined it. Hopefully she will not be in any future episodes.

Worry not, though she might appear later (and if she did she would be a better character since she grew this episode), I doubt she appear this cour.
May 10, 2014 6:50 PM

Nov 2012
decent, but not as good as the previous episode

love the kiss at the end though
May 10, 2014 7:25 PM

Mar 2014
Nice episode.
However, thinking seriously, I don't know why I like this series that was written for junior high school girls. Even though I am not a low teen girl ... Maybe, I'm a little tired of any moe and LN styles?
May 10, 2014 8:52 PM

Jan 2014
When i first started watching i wasent sure about this.... but the fact that im still here watching every week says something, this series is great! :)
May 10, 2014 8:53 PM

Sep 2013
I am really fond of her rain song so I like they use it for niki a lot nd all the different ways she manipulates air and water.

I think luna was a good princess character even though I found her a obnoxious.

The development between niki and levi is great too, been waiting for their first kiss was amazing.

All in all probably my 2 or 3rd favorite episode.
May 10, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Worry not, though she might appear later (and if she did she would be a better character since she grew this episode), I doubt she appear this cour.
I really hope you are right and she doesn't appear again and even if she appears again she isn't annoying like before.
May 10, 2014 10:59 PM

May 2014
Hehe, so Nike has been conscious of her height!

Grow up Livius my love! <3

Livius: "I'm not going to let you go, no matter how many people say you're unsuitable."

It's probably a happy feeling you get when someone don't mind your imperfectness and accepts you as you are. Wow, that's got to be what they say true love, huh..

Anyway, nice move Livius! Hahahaha! I fangirled to the max! XD So sweet! <3

WHO'S THAT MAN IN THE PREVIEW?!!! YOU RAPIST!! JUST BEING GOOD IN BED IS NOT ALL IT TAKES TO SATISFY A PERSON! DON'T YOU GENERALIZE WOMEN, YOU PERVY BASTARD!! KOROSHITE-YAREEE!
violityMay 10, 2014 11:20 PM
May 10, 2014 11:29 PM

Sep 2011
Good ep, this show is very old school shoujo & i love it> I think nike & the king relationship made the show good.
May 10, 2014 11:32 PM

Mar 2014
violity said:
KOROSHITE-YAREEE!

Maybe it doesn't matter, but "KOROSHITE-YAREEE!" sounds a little stupid. If you are a male, "Korose" or "Bukkorose" would be better. If you are a female, "Koroshichae" would be better. (it sounds a little cute)
dmrchMay 10, 2014 11:39 PM
May 10, 2014 11:35 PM

Dec 2013
Not bad, not bad at all. The little princess stood absolutely no chance. She never understood Livius at all.

And the assurances that Nikki get's from Livi all the time to settle her doubts about herself. Now that's a relationship done right.

Next episode looks to be great drama, we finally get to see Livi flustered somewhat by someone other than Nikki. How the blonde dude got into her bed chambers though... you gotta wonder about that.

By the way, why did someone mention that the next episode will be on the 24th? Why's there a one week skip? Anyone here care to enlighten me?
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 10, 2014 11:58 PM

Jan 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
AlexGK said:

It isn't so much the genre I found, but how well made the show is. I have yet to find a genre that didn't have a series that I really enjoyed. Similar to you I am not into romance genre, but this does an extremely good job at it. The two make a really cute couple, but yet they don't cross into that "they are perfect for each other regime" (though I can see that becoming a problem in the near future). The show has some nice humor, good pacing, interesting characters, so if they just sink the damn song, it would be nigh well perfect for the genre.

No, I like romance, its the shouta genre I seem to have trouble with. I really think this will be the only one I will ever watch, it just ticks me the wrong way. Especially this episode.
May 10, 2014 11:59 PM

Sep 2010
I couldn't stop rolling my eyes through half of this episode but the ending was satisfactory. Why won't they stop that "it's a tender rain" song and change it up, it's getting on my nerves.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
sarroushMay 13, 2014 1:23 PM
May 11, 2014 12:36 AM

Aug 2012
OMG, that ending. I seriously screamed kyah and rolled around in my bed. Another kiss!

I seriously didn't like that Luna girl but she turned out to be ok in the end.

She wasn't the best love rival I've seen. It's like she never stood a chance in the first place. Livius evidently didn't like her that much.

The dancing scenes were also painful to watch. Wonderfully executed indeed.

I've also noticed she calls on the rain like it's nothing now. Is she changing?
May 11, 2014 12:42 AM

Feb 2012
Nike had some competition this week... Next week, Livius has some competition next week. Excitement!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 11, 2014 12:53 AM

Mar 2013
I agree with Luna - the rain song is bad.

Really, though? Stupid waste of time ep with loli wanting to steal Livius. Next ep preview: stupid waste of time ep with bishie wanting to steal Nike. Have they run out of ideas or...?
May 11, 2014 2:12 AM

May 2014
dmrch said:
violity said:
KOROSHITE-YAREEE!

Maybe it doesn't matter, but "KOROSHITE-YAREEE!" sounds a little stupid. If you are a male, "Korose" or "Bukkorose" would be better. If you are a female, "Koroshichae" would be better. (it sounds a little cute)

Whoops, sorry for sounding stupid :) Thanks for correcting me, it's helpful since I am currently studying jp language this summer. I'd really like to take constructive criticisms. Thank you again! XD
May 11, 2014 2:56 AM

Jul 2013
Now reverse the situation and we'll have many outraging because a guy kisses a loli.

Another love rival next week? seriously though.. Livius should just hook up with loli princess and Nike should sleep with that blond guy. It won't be as awkward as watching Nike and Livus dance.
May 11, 2014 3:24 AM

Oct 2013
Every ep managed to bring tears to my eyes. I really like this anime a lot.
May 11, 2014 3:25 AM
Mar 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

By the way, why did someone mention that the next episode will be on the 24th? Why's there a one week skip? Anyone here care to enlighten me?

The timeslot is going to be used to air UEFA final.
http://www.ntv.co.jp/program/detail/21830853.html
May 11, 2014 3:26 AM

Jan 2014
Nike jealous of Luna was cute lol.

Livi slept with 2 girls! Such lucky.
How Nike said what she loved about Livi was heartwarming.
Dat kiss! <3

5/5

Next episode: "Wild waltz"
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
May 11, 2014 3:52 AM

May 2013
A love rival for Nike. Luna does beat her at almost anything that a nobility would do.
That kiss at the end. It will never surprise me ever again. I can assure that.

The next episode looks like a good one. A love rival for Livius. A lot of rivals now.
May 11, 2014 6:29 AM

Sep 2007
The mismatch between the couple is still too much for me - when is he going to grow!

May 11, 2014 6:55 AM
Apr 2012
Did not like the new girl at all, nice to see Nike interacting with the countries people. That kiss between Nike and Livius was sweet.
May 11, 2014 7:31 AM

May 2007
Okay, I finally remember what this series reminds me of....it's Goong.

I am watching this series and will probably continue doing so and I know it's a good shoujo but I have this "INTENSE HATE" for this show as well....like I absolutely HATE it and I don't know how to explain it, which pisses me off.

This isn't the best of the season...like nowhere near the best but it is good. I sorta felt bad for Luna and the thing is it's understandable that she was scared of him because he sort of lost it when his mother was murdered and he became the Sun King, not only was he intimidating but it sort of looked like he wouldn't mind going on a mindless massacre. If Nike saw him then, I'm sure she would have reacted the same way, she only loves/likes the stable version of Livi. So yeah, despite liking Nike as a character, the romance to me just looks and seems "bogus".

Maybe I just watched this episode with a bad mood...I don't know. ;)
May 11, 2014 7:38 AM

Jul 2010
At least Luna didn't stay. BUT, it seems we have another intruder in the next episode, ffs, they have to stop this.
Iz tender rain is still ridiculous.
May 11, 2014 7:44 AM

May 2013
I was caught off guard in the kissing scene! *fan girl scream*. I am maybe wrong but in the last scene if the OP, did they just kissed?

Maybe, the scene between Luna vs Nike was cliche. As much that I don't like her, the lines that she said to Nike had sense because its true. Rivalry next week.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 11, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
Strange because Nike did say "Livius" last episode, albeit mentally.

lmao @ Luna being in their bed and sleeping with them.

Random but Nike and Neil made a nice visual couple when they danced (until she stepped on his foot. Again.) Her and Livius dancing was sweet.

Cool how Nike was able to save Luna.

Tender rain was more bearable this episode. Different instrumental made a difference I guess.

Even having read the chapter the kiss surprised me lol
SweetCoconut said:
I was caught off guard in the kissing scene! *fan girl scream*. I am maybe wrong but in the last scene if the OP, did they just kissed?

Good call, I didn't think anything changed in this OP so I didn't pay attention and didn't notice the kiss until now :o

Boy another rival.
RhapsodyinBlueMay 11, 2014 8:00 AM
May 11, 2014 8:00 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode! The kiss scene was soooo cuteee!
Next episode there will be a new rival, can't wait to see!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
May 11, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2014
Am I the only one who thought on Elizabeth-Ciel when seeing Livius and Luna together? Albeit at this series style at that.........

Well seeing a rival was interesting. Nike demonstrates that she truly loves Livius her own way and that's enough.

That kiss was sweet.

Next episode, it seems things are going to be messy, and that blond guy seems to be acquitances with Livius, I mean he says "why are you back" or something like that.
May 11, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
Oh man, I totally expected Luna to ruin the show for me, but the opposite happened. I'm so glad this show hasn't been ruined for me as of yet; I love it so much.
May 11, 2014 12:03 PM
Jan 2013
Oh, childhood friend appears, childhood challenges the main girl, main girl saves childhood friend and childhood friend leaves, huuuray!

Nice to see Nike in a mini skirt while doing some night dance practice.

Next ep, it the other way around, hot guy flirts with the main girl.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.