Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 10, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2009
sooo in a way raku got 2 confession in one ep one which he fell asleep and the other one, wasnt able to read the mood lol.
A lot of people saying poor chitoge but with someone like her honestly its hard to catch the mood so i dont really blame raku for that since hes not very honest with his feeling for her too.
May 10, 2014 5:07 PM
Mar 2014
What a fucking stupid moment, he was asleep??? just terrible.
May 10, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2013
Just when I thought Nisekoi couldn't hold back Onodera forever...they manage to troll us again. Seriously, Raku? Asleep?
May 10, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2013
Good episode. Loved the fanservice, Tsugumi in a bikini? Yes, please!

Loved the interaction with Chitoge x Raku here, finally starting to see their true feelings surface and their denial. I'd almost hope for anime original ending just to see the two of them finally get together for real, but hopefully it follows true to the manga all the way thru the Romeo x Juliet arc and doesn't end the arc with some BS ending.

I'm glad they got the Marika stuff out of the way early and threw into the background, really can't stand when they waste screen time on her. Still waiting for Shuu x Ruri to happen.

All in all, I'll give this one 8/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 10, 2014 6:00 PM

Feb 2013
No!!!! Only two more episodes *cries*

Poor Chitoge, that episode made me feel really bad for her :(
May 10, 2014 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
ah i remember being pretty salty after reading this

leave it to shaft to put hella budget whenever swimsuits are involved and i'm pretty sure everyone got a size upgrade lol.

glad we get to see the Culture Festival really liked that part
May 10, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2012
Holy labia! That end card was so out of left field.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2014 6:34 PM

Feb 2012
- Raku, how can you seriously fall asleep in a drastic time like that?! That chance doesn't come that very often!! "Kimchi!" Now I'm craving for some! Haha.
- Onodera and her sandcastle making skills is incredible!!
- Shuu and his "Shut up!" got me! Lol'ed when I heard it!
- Tsugumi has one hot bod!!
- That end card... SMOKIN' HOT!

Okay, starting to shift to Chitoge! Still love you Onodera, but you're not progressing that much. It frustrates me as an Onodera shipper. Chitoge is starting to look cuter now that she understands her feeling for Raku.

What I hate about watching the episode fast due to excitement is... waiting for another whooooole week for the next one. Ugh!! 2 more episodes left :(
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 10, 2014 6:34 PM

Oct 2013
I agree! That endcard was a little over! Was that Shaft though?
May 10, 2014 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
that tsun tsun repercussion
that realization of love
that Onodera expression(s)
that MC givin Chitoge the real shit
that "SHUT UP!"
that end
May 10, 2014 6:53 PM

Mar 2014
Damn. When Raku just all outt rejected Chitoge, I threw a tantrum at my laptop.
May 10, 2014 6:53 PM

Mar 2014
Sudden drama in order to advance to plot.
What the hell was up with that endcard? Not like I hate it but still, that was still a little too...

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
May 10, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
@Redraft.

Post #4
May 10, 2014 7:05 PM

Dec 2007
The end card signifies what I actually want to happen in the series. Shame it's only a few second stillshot end card. What a tease...
May 10, 2014 7:09 PM

Sep 2012
Thank you Based Yabuki for that endcard.

This is one of my favorite 'arcs' in Nisekoi. Episode 20 can't come soon enough, shits gonna make me cry again
May 10, 2014 7:11 PM

Jun 2013
If I hadn't read the manga by now I swear I'd punch Raku in the throat!

BAKAAAAAAAAA~
May 10, 2014 7:52 PM

Feb 2010
Am I the only one seing the singeki no kyojin cameo ?
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/23533513n1.png
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/32266434n2.png
edeswenMay 10, 2014 7:56 PM
May 10, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2012
So wait a minute. Chitoge pulls the same stunt on Raku in episode 13 when he was being serious. Where the hell does she get off acting like a bitch after Raku does the same thing to her when she was serious?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
May 10, 2014 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
I don't remember their breasts being that big in the manga, but okay...
Well Raku, you are dumb
May 10, 2014 8:37 PM

Sep 2013
raku is really annoying..
my poor chitoge :(

well the sandcastle saves the day.. so much details xD
May 10, 2014 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
That ED card is perfect.
May 10, 2014 8:59 PM

Apr 2010
Remember everyone, people thought this was a guy.

DeadIEnd said:
The end card signifies what I actually want to happen in the series. Shame it's only a few second stillshot end card. What a tease...

You want it to be To Love-Ru?
May 10, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2009
raku what a dick. doesnt even know what he said wrong. on the other hand...

BASED YABUKI KENTAROU WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. everything he touches is gold.
May 10, 2014 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
gamer2710 said:
So wait a minute. Chitoge pulls the same stunt on Raku in episode 13 when he was being serious. Where the hell does she get off acting like a bitch after Raku does the same thing to her when she was serious?
This is what annoys me. When Chitoge acts like a bitchy tsundere people are always so quick to laugh it off and call her cute, but when Raku gives her a taste of her own medicine, he's automatically an idiot. He only said the truth, if Chitoge didn't act that way all the time he wouldn't have that opinion in the first place.
May 10, 2014 9:22 PM

Jan 2014
Arrgh I need more Tsugumi!!! Leave all that pass love, key stuff behind, Raku, go for the cute hitgirl. >.<
May 10, 2014 9:31 PM

Jun 2012
Onodera's sandcastles.. damn, she's too good! And too cute too lol. That request for kiss.. lol. All the characters were fun in this episode.

jbeat said:
That end card... SMOKIN' HOT!

Hell yeah! :D

DeadIEnd said:

Me too! Onodera FTW!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
May 10, 2014 9:40 PM
Oct 2010
antonn said:

I guess the boyish clothes used to cover it up.This ep was pretty good except for raku falling asleep on onedera. I know when I was younger that'd never happen no matter how tired I was. Girl I liked came around for some 1v1 interaction and I will have energy like WHOA!

And people who are saying he's stupid need to realize we are hearing everyone's thoughts here, if you put yourself in his position it would be easy to misread the signs, shit I did that a lot when I was younger. Especially considering he hasn't been in a relationship yet (don't quote me on this but I believe he said that).

Anyway Tsugumi is still the best out of the lot, too bad she got no chance.
May 10, 2014 9:53 PM

Oct 2012
Obligatory beach episode. DAT SANDCASTLE.

There are only two more episodes left. T^T
May 10, 2014 10:04 PM

Dec 2013
I find it absolutely hilarious how even after all the drama on the beach, that:
a.) Raku still has no idea about Onodera's feelings
b.) Chitoge still has no idea about Onodera's feelings

The entirety of the scene was completely lost on these two, and in the end became the butt of a kimchi joke. Sigh, I feel sorry for Onodera, but Chitoge had it pretty bad in this episodes.

Chatting with Onodera under that epic sandcastle made her realize her own feelings for Raku, and when she tried to dig a little deeper into how he felt, him being the clueless idiot told her exactly what he thought she "wanted" to hear (mind you its only because they bicker all the time that he knows this is what she would NORMALLY want to hear) and not the honest response that she wanted from him.

Nothing will be settled until the second season, methinks (I'm pretty damn sure they're gonna do a second season now). The misunderstandings and such are going to keep piling up for this show, as I recall from the manga.
I can't wait till Raku learns more about Chitoge from her mom.

Shu got angry for the first time! Yay! That "Shut up" was so damn funny! Never thought he'd be able to pull it off.

That new ED was epic. I never thought I'd see so many explosions in an ED like Marika's. It totally fit in with her hidden side XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 10, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Fuck this anime.

The writer of this shit is a troll and has given me the bluest of balls.

At this point, any time anyone confesses anything I'm just going to assume the other person is asleep or not listening or something.

Same shit every single time.
May 10, 2014 10:20 PM

Jan 2014
Jst two more episodes and lots of curiosity and also lots of changes in Chitoge n Onodera. What will Raku do now?
May 10, 2014 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
BLOO BAWLZ.

They just turned the character density level back up to 11 this week, lol.

2 more episodes. Will it be open ended? Anime original? I've liked it a lot up till this point, so I just hope I can leave feeling satisfied, whether there's a 2nd season or not.

Shuu's "shut up" was great, haha. And fuck y'all, I downloaded the shit out of that end card. :P

antonn said:
I know right?
-Trippwire-May 10, 2014 10:26 PM
May 10, 2014 11:05 PM

Aug 2012
this was really good for an obligatory beach episode. i was so pissed when ichijo was asleep the whole time but because of the past episodes i knew something like that was going to happen but they tricked me again. there was a lot more fanservice in this episode than i would've expected but im not complaining.

i also like the new ending a lot it was very shinbo/shaft looking. much more than the last ones.
May 10, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
then came the episode on the beach
Chitoge discovers his feelings, besides being very kawaii in this episode
Kosaki was well bold, despite Raku having slept
I was angry with Raku in this episode
treated the Chitoge coldly and did not even realize what did
he rmerece be treated coldly by Chitoge
May 11, 2014 12:19 AM

May 2013
Dem castle. Lmao at some SNK reference to the sand castle.

Thank God Raku didn't heard Kosaki, it would be like, THE ENDING IS NEAR NONONONONO. Anyways, you Raku shouldn't be rude to Chitoge even though she's being harsh to you, it hurts to my sentiments but yeah, the last 2 episodes will focus to Romeo and Juliet plaaay so Im hyped!

Btw, I need to download the new ending. I freaking love Kana Asumi's voice <3 :v
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 11, 2014 12:22 AM

Dec 2013
The Beach Episode. There is ALWAYS a beach episode. #1 law of animes. Such wonderful beauty to see Tsugumi, Chitoge, Kirisaki, Marika in swim suits (insert nosebleed here). This eipsode was pretty awesome with Onodera asking Raku for a kiss but that Raku... had to fall asleep. In my opinion, I think that Raku has been a little bit too harsh on Chitoge critisizing her too much causing her personality to change. Now with the new upcoming festival thing and the play, Chitoge seems to have lost her emotions and outright says she won't do it. I think there is something different about her and Raku is going to learn about it soon. Hopefully things will get sorted out before the 20th episode or hope they make a 2nd season :D
Either way, this episode gets a 5/5 from me like all the previous episodes~ Great series.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
May 11, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
LOL Onodera's skills with sandcastle. My god.
LOL Onodera's reaction after she asked him that
Raku, why did you have to be asleep? >.<

Chitoge and Raku's fight..

Chitoge straight out rejected the idea of being Juliet in the play. Oh boy.
May 11, 2014 1:24 AM

Aug 2012
Raku you idiot >.<, them sandcastles though
May 11, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
That end cart... my boner can't stay calm... (I f***ing love Yabuki-sensei's art)

Any way, nice fanservice episode, with some developpment here and there.

And just as I thought, the anime will end at the Romeo&Juliet play. It will be a nice closure.

I think a second season is quite possible. The anime is popular and Yui-nee made a cameo in Marika's ED.
May 11, 2014 2:30 AM

Jun 2013
DAT END CARD WUT

Holy crap a beach episode after a festival episode mhmmm. poor chitoge :(

LOL at shut up xD
May 11, 2014 2:41 AM

Dec 2007
antonn said:

DeadIEnd said:

You want it to be To Love-Ru?

I want juicy developments with Onodera, obviously. Heck, just a good development with Onodera will make me satisfied, Although Chitoge flags are all over the place... :(
May 11, 2014 3:38 AM

May 2014
How did they made those sandcastles so quick? Damn pro!
Can't wait for the play, demn. Time sure is fast!

Chitoge x Raku FTW! Omg, Onodera's so brave to say that!
Too bad that Marie doesn't have time with Raku ( except inserting his arms between Marie's breast )

Hoping to get a better ending with Chitoge x Raku! v(^_^v)♪
May 11, 2014 3:50 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned.

Episode discussion is exclusive for episode discussion only. Please refrain from posting phrases or sentences that doesn't encourage or contribute any discussion for the topic at hand.
May 11, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2013
Onodera freaking out was hilarious and damn those sand castles are epic!!
May 11, 2014 5:51 AM

Apr 2014
damn last 2 episodes.. i hate raku for hurting chitoge. doeas anyone here know if there will be a season 2 cause i really love this anime. :)
#TeamChitogeKirisaki
lloyd192May 11, 2014 5:58 AM
May 11, 2014 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
Madara31 said:
Nothing Raku said to Chitoge was out of line, it was just the truth, so I enjoyed him saying that. She deserved it for acting so annoyingly tsundere all the time.

Madara31 said:
gamer2710 said:
This is what annoys me. When Chitoge acts like a bitchy tsundere people are always so quick to laugh it off and call her cute, but when Raku gives her a taste of her own medicine, he's automatically an idiot. He only said the truth, if Chitoge didn't act that way all the time he wouldn't have that opinion in the first place.

lightXTC said:
Generic beach episode with generic fanservice where the generic tsundere main finally realizes she generically likes the generic MC, but is in generic denial over it. Plus the generic MC didn't even hear Onodera practically confessing to him, and is too generically dense to understand that Chitoge likes him. This leads to generic drama between the two mains. I gotta love generic anime.

Holy shit, that end art ....

+10000

Also, I don't get how so many people can like Kirisaki when she is just a generic tsundere (This is just my opinion :D )
May 11, 2014 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
D'aaaaw, babiiiies! ;.; so much feels for thoses two. I really love this episode. Even with the unnecessary fanservice at the beginning.
And I really love Marika's ED! Spotted Yui in it. :>
and... THOSE SNK REFERENCES IN THE SANDCASTLE THO!
May 11, 2014 8:25 AM

Mar 2012
Ah Chitoge. As much as I like her, I find it HILARIOUS how she acts so down trodden. What's that? You act like a tsundere and got treated like one? Whoa, hold the presses. Is what Raku said not nice in general? True. But did she have it coming, when not 2 minutes ago she said 'I hate you' like 10 times? Also true. If Raku suddenly called Mariko or Onedera those mean words out of the blue then sure, I'd be concerned. But using a loaded question to try and discern your own tsundere feelings for a guy who you've hit twice in the same episode, yeah, BIG SURPRISE he's gonna lash out at you. At least he didn't call you a gorilla this time :V.

Also, you anime list people make me laugh. I appreciate that you guys have your own opinions, that's fine. But really guys? We're on episode 18 of Nisekoi now. You people started watching a generic anime rom com with good visuals and you're surprised that it's a generic anime rom com? Wow. Y'all want 'good development' or whatever the fack, go watch Golden Time or some crap. Criticizing Nisekoi like it ever meant to be deep. When we got the fanservice episode on the beach where the guy-like girl character is the most well endowed and the tsundere realizes she has feelings for the main guy. What did you expect? Bioshock Infinite level complexity? Haha.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
May 11, 2014 8:36 AM

Mar 2012
Redmyr said:
Madara31 said:
Nothing Raku said to Chitoge was out of line, it was just the truth, so I enjoyed him saying that. She deserved it for acting so annoyingly tsundere all the time.

Madara31 said:
gamer2710 said:

lightXTC said:
Generic beach episode with generic fanservice where the generic tsundere main finally realizes she generically likes the generic MC, but is in generic denial over it. Plus the generic MC didn't even hear Onodera practically confessing to him, and is too generically dense to understand that Chitoge likes him. This leads to generic drama between the two mains. I gotta love generic anime.

Holy shit, that end art ....

+10000

Also, I don't get how so many people can like Kirisaki when she is just a generic tsundere (This is just my opinion :D )

This. Times infinity.
It's all fine and dandy for the girl characters to be nasty but when the guy does it, hoo boy. But no no no, people are too busy defending their waifus to insert some common sense into the equation. Oh how dare Raku do what so was obviously gonna happen. Why can't he be psychic and know that my tsundere waifu is in love with him and bend over backwards and take her abuse like a man? Oh woe is me!

Sarcasm aside I do like Chitoge, WAY more than most tsundere characters in other anime. But she suffers from the same problems narratively.

Also, I'd like to point out that Raku is HARDLY the only dense person. Did Chitoge not practically pretend that she didn't hear Onedera say she wanted to kiss Raku? Did Onedera also not realize that the girl with a crush that Chitoge was referring to was indeed Chitoge herself? Mind you, these were the more obvious incidents. Yet Chitoge acting all distant is somehow ok and Raku should just 'get it'? Wow. Thing is, everyone in this anime is HELLA STUPID. But that's fine. This is a generic anime rom com. It's not here to be realistic, it's here to entertain.

Nothing's really realistic or accurate about fairness in anime anyway. Realistically speaking, if the guy characters in this anime treated the girl characters the EXACT same, they'd be hitting them, insulting them and generally being assholes to them every episode. Think about that for a second.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
May 11, 2014 8:50 AM

Jun 2013
fuck Raku, sleeping while Onodera say something dead important

anyway great eps, can't believe that Marika is that busty

#TeamOnodera
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

494 by Shyne_KZ »»
Apr 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2014

286 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

180 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.