Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2008 8:18 AM

Nov 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so we are off to the second season.....I liked the first season designs a bit better, but I can live with it. Good to see everyone together and all grown up...more or less.
Apr 6, 2008 5:45 PM
May 2007
Yeah, I really liked the Major S1 designs better. But I can live with it. lol. However, the plot currently didn't really interest me. :( I don't know why. Maybe it's just me. So I'll keep watching and see where it goes. :D

EDIT: Okay, so I watched it more, and it's pretty interesting. And the S2 designs didn't seem so different after watching it for a while. lol.
SikonoApr 7, 2008 2:19 PM
Dec 11, 2009 2:24 PM

Apr 2008
I'm not happy about them being older. It's good as a whole, but personally, I would have preferred to see them stay as 9 year olds. :P
Mar 21, 2010 12:15 AM

Mar 2007
I'm happy that their older too but wow a whole 4 years again or whatnot?

Seeing Shimizu fanservice followed by loli Shimizu crying her eyes out almost made me lose it. So far I'm loving Shimizu as my fav character.

Wow.. they pretty much canned all that was important from last season. All the way down to Goro's last name *_*
I'm sure there will be flashbacks of his real father, but the way its looking is that both of these foster parents are going to be imposed as his real parents.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 13, 2010 1:01 AM

Feb 2008
I wonder why he changed his name? maybe because he couldn't pitch anymore? and why didn't he follow his dad's road and become a batter?

he totally got what he deserved from Shimizu ; )
I'm kinda glad they blew out his shoulder, most anime wouldn't show the damage that kids that play like that do to themselves, no matter how much they mentioned the possibility of it.
May 6, 2011 7:32 AM

Feb 2009
This first episode was total crap imo.I'll put the Major series on-hold for now.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Sep 14, 2011 10:32 PM

Nov 2007
Don't do that, you'll get addicted episode by episode. :)
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Apr 7, 2012 11:02 AM

Oct 2009
RUINED SHOULDER?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2012 3:41 AM

Jun 2011
I keep figuring who is the VA for adult Goro, the voice seems familiar, and I finally remembered. Isn't that Kirihara's voice, Kirihara from Prince of Tennis..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 23, 2012 8:46 PM

Jun 2009
Goro's new voice is fucking amazing. I'm liking this so far. Hopefully Shimizu will play an important role this season again because I like her quite a bit, the OP and ED make me think she will.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 10, 2012 9:10 AM

Jan 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Goro's new voice is fucking amazing. I'm liking this so far. Hopefully Shimizu will play an important role this season again because I like her quite a bit, the OP and ED make me think she will.

I hate Goro's new voice =/

Doesn't match your typical lead voice imo...

But I guess it kind of match the new up yours bad ass attitude they're trying to portray...
Oct 10, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2009
flaxman85 said:
insan3soldiern said:

Which is one of the reasons why it's amazing. It's different, and that can be a good thing. Especially in this case.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 11, 2012 4:59 AM

Jan 2012
insan3soldiern said:
flaxman85 said:
insan3soldiern said:

Which is one of the reasons why it's amazing. It's different, and that can be a good thing. Especially in this case.

Yup, just finished the series... his voice grew on me quick. It matched his character perfectly.

On to S3 :D
May 19, 2013 11:30 PM

Jul 2008
Boy watching the movie first makes this 1st episode make a whole lot more sense. I understand everyone's confusion.

Boy Shimizu is pissed and rightly so. I also take it these bullies aren't going away.

The only thing that is surprising to me is Goro gave up? I thought after the movie he was going to try playing left handed? Something is up here.
Jul 12, 2013 7:23 PM

Aug 2008
I don't want to see ryoko again...
Nov 30, 2013 12:07 AM

Apr 2011
ruined shoulder ?

oh come on doesn't this guy ever learn
Dec 1, 2013 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
decent first episode. I like when the character come back older and wiser.lets see what happens from here on

Dec 21, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
Aw man. I wanted to see grown up Toshi. The MAL picture tricked me. :(
Mar 13, 2014 7:42 AM

Dec 2012
There's something about time skips, they always feel so surreal. Wow the character designs. I don't mind them, but so much different. Man the team is broken up again. Goro is really awesome so far, loving his voice. But that punch was well deserved, go Shimizu :p. It's a shame middle and high school aren't co-ed, would've loved to see the entire gang reunited on the field. Thought I'd take a break after S1, but this is way too addicting now.
May 26, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2014
First, I like the title. "He came back" sets the feeling of "Yeah! Long time no see, guys! Let's play baseball just like the old days.." Ahh.. That nostalgic feeling.. I like it.

And.. don't you think Sawamura got a LITTLE handsome and kinda responsible? Totally opposite from the old Sawamura. Lol. Really. Or maybe I'm just imagining things?

Goro's new voice! Ahhhh.. Been waiting for you Morikubo-san. <3

Ahh, too bad. He really done it. He injured himself. I wonder how can Goro get back into baseball.

I liked the shoujo-like ED too! XD

Ratohnhaketon said:
Thought I'd take a break after S1, but this is way too addicting now.

Ah. You said it. WAAAAAY TOO ADDICTING! It's sucking me in like a vacuum. Welp, I guess I'll watch it at a time. Kinda busy these last few days.
Oct 25, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Hooray he's back.
Seems he will be joining baseball after all, not being able to join the soccer team.
Dec 29, 2014 3:14 PM

Nov 2009
This was kind of disappointing . . . I was actually a tad bit sad it didn't follow up where it left off from the movie (and yes I know the movie was made after this season, however I figured it was following the manga too) . . . It's kind of sad that he gave up baseball so easily after an injury, and for three years no less. I mean I hate to say it but quitting at a time like that is more detrimental than if he had never played baseball until the beginning of those three years. Really sad he didn't come back capable of pitching left-handed as it implied he would learn to do in the movie (of course even in the movie it was much later that it showed him doing that, but figured he was training since his injury)
Feb 13, 2015 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
plz don't let there be a love triangle
Jun 27, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, things sure changed. But we all no know that he'll get back to pitching no matter what. So what will make him go back to pitching with a broken shoulder? I really don't know that'll work out.

About everybody reactions, it has gone as I expected : Komori being happy, Sawamura being shocked and Shimizu being mad as fuck xD
I can understand her in some way, especially since she seem to have fallen in love with him since the Dolphins.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 21, 2015 1:51 AM

Jun 2009
goro reminds me of sendo from hajime no ippo.

Grimmm said:
I&#039;m not happy about them being older. It&#039;s good as a whole, but personally, I would have preferred to see them stay as 9 year olds. :P

maybe you'd be more interested in pokemon
Aug 6, 2015 9:37 AM

Jan 2013
I guess this will be about soccer now. So disappointing
He has to recover from that injury
Oct 13, 2015 7:32 AM

Sep 2010
... this development is either really terribly adapted in anime or extremely forced by author so Goro isn't too OP as it would be boring otherwise.

There is no manga out so I can't find out whatever it's the first one but even if it was poorly adapted the fact doesn't change.
Dec 21, 2015 2:32 AM

Mar 2015
God damn it..why did Goro have to blow out his shoulder for a Little League game ._.
Mar 22, 2016 7:44 PM

Mar 2012
Dammit I hate it when episodes are out of order. Started watching the series on episode 5 thinking it was the first episode >_> Worst part is that since there was a time skip between S1 & S2 you couldn't really tell that it wasn't episode 1 xD

As for this episode, why the hell is Komori still letting people bully him....Dude's gotta stick up for himself already.

Crehscent said:
God damn it..why did Goro have to blow out his shoulder for a Little League game ._.

Better question would be why his team's coach let him keep pitching to the point were that happened. I swear these adults aren't fit for coaching besides the one from Yokohama lol.
Apr 16, 2016 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
Goro's back!
Too bad that there was a timeskip, I was hoping to see him play in Fukuoka too.
He injured his shoulder and played soccer, I don't believe it.
Shimizu slapped him, he deserved it after all.
Aug 27, 2016 9:51 PM

Feb 2008
I'm glad that he didn't make it out with just a light injury. It really adds to the realism, since it's not just a game. I wonder if any other old team mate will be part of the club. I was kinda hoping that he'll join a good team now, but guess we're back to the underdogs again. Maybe in the third season he'll get a chance to play at a proper team with proper coaching.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 2, 2016 3:57 AM

Jan 2013
Nice to see everyone a little more grown up. This should make the games more interesting.
Aug 26, 2017 4:04 AM

Nov 2011
Wow. The start to this season surprised me. That wasn't what I expected to happen at all.

I figured the reason the series was moving Gorou away was because keeping him in Mifune would either make the second season a rehash or make it have to rely more heavily on character relationships and drama, which can be tricky to pull off. Having a new team to work with would be "safe" since it's a new situation and new relationships.

Using the location change as an excuse to timeskip and bring Gorou back to some of the same core cast, and further to have him destroy his shoulder/(temporarily) swap to soccer in the interlude is pretty gutsy and cool since we get to continue working with already established characters in a completely different context than what existed at the end of the first season.

I'm a tad wary of what looks like might be the start of a love triangle between Gorou, Misuzu, and the girl who directed him to the school/the girl from the OP (who I'm guessing is Ryoko) since I'm not sure if this series could pull off a plotline like that well, but overall it was a strong start.

Shimizu is a great character, btw.
TripleSRankAug 28, 2017 7:34 PM
Dec 15, 2017 8:05 AM

Nov 2016
Since they're more grown up now I'm expecting this show to do a lot better in the sports department.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 6, 2018 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
I actually really like Goro's adult voice, solid start to the second season but hopefully it's more consistent than the first season.
Feb 14, 2018 8:54 PM

Jul 2016
Great first episode.. but I wish I had known there was a movie before I watched this.. but it seems like no big deal. Still gonna check it out before moving on with this season.

I liked that Goro is back at Mifune. I really had zero desire to see him play against his old team as I did not want to see him compete against almost all of his old teammates.
Apr 22, 2018 6:04 AM

Dec 2015
He actually did it didn't he, he injured his shoulder even though he was warned. What a moron.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 17, 2019 8:28 PM

Sep 2018
Woahh Sawamura face change so much! Or the animation just changed a lot, it doesn't look good :(
I feel sad for Shimizu, it pains a lot to her T--T

Hahaha the braided hair girl reminds me of Sakuno lol
Where's the old members?
Feb 25, 2020 9:26 PM

Dec 2019
Season 2 looks really promising plus the animation got a lot better.
                                                         🖤   

Jul 18, 2020 7:24 PM

Dec 2007
the episode was as excepted and more.
though i didn't except that goro will look like that in third year of middle school.
oh and yeah, i want to see more of shimizu.
Nov 12, 2020 1:27 AM
Oct 2020
-nv- said:
Season 2 looks really promising plus the animation got a lot better.
Yeah but I think the art style in season 1 was better
Nov 12, 2020 1:29 AM
Oct 2020
Anyone else think that the artstyle in this season is a bit meh? Look at Momokos first appearance for example.
Nov 12, 2020 1:31 AM
Oct 2020
otaku1699 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so we are off to the second season.....I liked the first season designs a bit better, but I can live with it. Good to see everyone together and all grown up...more or less.
Yeah the artstyle in season 2 is really weird. The colors are weird and everything feels off. Especially Momoko looks super weird at her first appearance. I feel like they took the artstyle in a bad direction. But what can you expect lol.
Jul 11, 2021 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
Some things I didn't like in this episode:

Ruined shoulder. I didn't need more obstacles for Goro. I just preffer to watch him improving while growing.

Love. That second girl gives me a love triangle vibes that I didn't like at all.

And... Well, things have changed a lot. Most baseball team has disappear, Sawamura in the football team... Just Komori still in the team. Didn't like too much, but it's logical since four years past and they were children.
I would have preffer to watch Goro those 4 years too, even if that was just for a pair of chapters. I sense that time jump too big

Anyway, this is just the beginning. Let's see what Major S2 has to offer.
Oct 15, 2021 7:55 AM

Jul 2015
Acting chill as if nothing major happened, thats one way to do reunite with old friends after leaving without saying goodbye. Feels bit off that Goro no longer goes by the name of Honda but Shigeno instead but I guess its a lot easier in terms of bureacracy which Japan just loves.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jul 21, 2009

58 by sunwin14 »»
Aug 21, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 13, 2010

22 by Bigdog77778 »»
Sep 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 4 Discussion

23 by Meranwise »»
Aug 31, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 14 Discussion

canis - Oct 31, 2009

28 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 8, 2022 11:37 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 18 Discussion

23 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 27, 2022 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.