Bakemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion
Apr 26, 2019 9:32 AM
May 12, 2019 6:36 AM
May 28, 2019 9:07 PM
Jul 11, 2019 11:04 PM
Joined: Nov 2015
* Getting a Tsubasa focused arc , there has been a lot of build up for curious to see where she goes from here.
* Apperently her ailment has something to do with so personality and black hanekawa really liked the background behind her ailment as a means to remove stress and also her dialogue at the begining was great for fleshing out her character. Her family life is interesting to say the least.
* This ailment was dealth with prior to the series beginning so it get detailed out more in a previous arc.
* There was sequence of flashbacks in this episode that was basically like a recap for the nekomonogatari arc. Whose events were cool and thrilling to watch, my only concern is that since it gave us everything in a brief summation what happened, with regards to events that happened in that arc, the nature behind Tsubasa ailment and the nature of the linkage to her characterization and how it was resolved what's left for that arc in nekomonogatari to explore.
* That aside, looking forward to seeing what shinobu will do she seems to be relevant in this arc and relevant to it's resolution. Maybe this season or next season we will get into her character.
* We also had some noteworthy interaction with araragi and sengoku that was a little awkward.
* Will say this episode definitely got more interested in hanekawa character, she was interesting before but it solidfied it.
Jul 15, 2019 9:15 AM
Joined: Nov 2017
It was a nice episode and it went by pretty fast to me. A fella really does enjoy these OPs. "Sugar Sweet Nightmare" was my ringtone for a bit. Some great visuals in this one and Hanekawa and Araragi's interactions are wonderful. Again, since I'm re-watching I can appreciate the references and things that are mentioned
Jan 3, 3:49 AM
This was a good ep. Half of the ep. concerned the post-snake arc with Sengoku Nadeko. Looks like she is still half-embarrassed when Araragi-oniichan is around. But the big question is why she muttered and ran away the moment Tsubasa showed up.
Anyway, the opening was something for itself. I am really glad the opening describes the arcs main characters personality. The song fits each time. This time we got an adventurous opening where the character wants to travel the world around and get a lot of traveling experience.
The ep. was great too. I really loved the nyan transformation. It got to be (currently) the best transformation of an character. White Tsubasa looks so cute and dangerous at the same time, nyan >.<:
Looks like once she get a headache she goes all out with the transformation. First I thought she had killed her parents (I guess they are the foster-parents), but I guess I was wrong since her foster parents are still alive. Apropos Tsubasa, I get the feeling like she is the type that has a crush on Araragi, but doesn't want to become a nuisance in Araragi & Senjougahara's relationship. So instead of standing up for herself, she rather gives tips how to how to improve the relationship. Poor girl, hopefully we will get a confirmation later on. Next ep. looks exciting. Seems like Tsubasa and Senjougahara is gonna meet, finally.
Modified by mangalicker94, Jan 3, 5:09 AM
Jan 3, 5:19 AM
i cant put this episode into words but
jaw dropping lol at sengoku's running away
Wouldn't mind an explanation to Koyomi's actions between 10:10-10:50 also. I couldn't read the sign after that scene...The type was small, blurred and too light.
You may need glasses. Nah, kidding. On the sign it's written: "There is a lot of problems with place you're protecting". I interpret it as a joke where this is the phrase in Araragi's mind that he want to use to see Sengoku's panties. xD My interpretation of that scene is his perv behaviour. He may want to touch Sengoku's hair and see her panties. You can clearly see it when he grab her skirt. But before he pull it up, he stop the temptation and pull back. That's why he says after that scene: "I feel like my manhood is being measured when I'm around you". Then again, this is only my interpretation of this particular scene. :)
Modified by mangalicker94, Jan 3, 5:24 AM
Jan 3, 5:29 AM
Contrary to what I though, Tsubasa Cat is not an arc that played in the past (because Hanekawa knew Oshino), so we might hope for more Senjogahara now.
Araragi and Sengoku talking about Doraemon inside stuff was nice^^
The way nadeko ran away....damn that was cute
How she faced the traffic lights, lovely.
I don't think it's been told about
. I may be wrong, but I don't think this kind of information has been revealed.
Hanekawa knowing who Oshino is, so please use spoiler tags
Jan 3, 5:35 AM
"My mother's husband's second wife is my current "mother", and her second husband is my current "father".
My head is spinning. So her mother is gone, her "father" isn't her real father, so her mother remarried once. After the biological mother left, her "father" remarried and the woman he married was already married before, so it's the second marriage for all of them?
Probably correct guessing. I came to the same conclusion. In other words she lives with foster parents where the father is violent type.
Aug 9, 5:59 PM
Aug 9, 8:14 PM
Aug 9, 8:59 PM
Aug 14, 9:42 PM
ꕤ 野草野花 ꕤ
Joined: Jun 2020
i loved this episode but we only got to it like the last 9 mins or so.....
anyway that was so sad how hanekawa was talking about her dad hitting her :( and you can tell araragi really cares about her :(
looking forward to the rest of this arc!! i actually prefer this OP, but they are all great!
yui horie did a great job as always with her VA
ꕤ but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing ꕤ
Sep 9, 4:53 AM
Oct 25, 4:28 PM