Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 10, 2014 6:55 AM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Too bad they spoiled it Lucy will be saved by Seireis in the preview, it was much more thrilling in the manga.
May 10, 2014 6:57 AM

Oct 2013
When is that episode preview ost coming out,its so godly.
May 10, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2014
Can't wait to see the executioner battle against Natsu. He looks pretty sick. Hope he gives Natsu a good fight.
May 10, 2014 7:08 AM

Jun 2013
Mira didn't transform to Satan Soul: Halphas anymore . So sad, i like that form!
May 10, 2014 7:28 AM

Mar 2014
Arcadios' feet should have melted. Anime logic. Well, not like I have a problem with it anyway.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
May 10, 2014 7:32 AM

Dec 2011
It looks like Natsu and the rest are in trouble and their fights are going really badly.

So Arcadios is going to sacrifice himself to save Lucy and Yukino or give them their keys?
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 10, 2014 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
Level up! Arcadios obtained the "lava walker" title!
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 10, 2014 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
Arcadios was pretty epic! AND FINALLY LOKE COMES BACK I'M SO EXCITED!! And when are they gonna give us Kagura vs Erza?!
May 10, 2014 8:18 AM
May 2011
I know Uosuke is supposed to be a comic relief, but in my opinion he's the strongest example of annoyance in its purest form. I flinch whenever he talks xD
OKOTTERU SOU!
Holy shit Arcadios walking in lava! He's totally nuts!
MarkusEAMay 10, 2014 8:21 AM

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
May 10, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2013
wanna see mirajane fight seriously!!
May 10, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
Music is way too good to be wasted on this kind of shitty Anime, sorry to those who like it.
May 10, 2014 1:11 PM

May 2012
Lol wendy is so cute and funny..

May 10, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Mod Note: I've cleaned out some spam (do not just simply quote another post without commenting on it) and added a few spoiler tags to a couple of things like the semi-explanation for how lava-walking is possible.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 10, 2014 3:51 PM

Feb 2013
Good episode, music was nice, just like usual hehe.

The filler with Mavis talking to Asuka was meh though, so sloowwww....Minerva approaching Milliana was good though, sneaky *mumblemumble* >.>
May 10, 2014 6:08 PM

Dec 2012
Really, really, REALLY hope that Fairy Tail doesn't take on One Piece's horrifying snail pace in the long run. Give me fillers any day but do more than 1 chapter per episode!
May 10, 2014 6:12 PM

Jul 2010
Nice Arcadios' moment there. But seriously, these new enemies are really generic and forgettable as hell.
May 10, 2014 6:41 PM
May 2014
God these knights are so annoying repeating their "catch phrases" over and over again. Fairy Tail struggling for the last episodes straight for no reason at all only to likely come back and just wreck face in the next (few) episode(s). It's so slow-paced and drawn out that.

This episode particular was pretty much 15 minutes of unnecessary build-up and some comic relief. With the obvious splitting up to get 1v1 fights etc.

Not to mention I hate how they've seemingly put Mavis in there for the sole reason of having her explain literally everything that's happening. And then in one of the previous episodes Makarov somehow forgets everything about her and is extremely shocked by the realization that she's called the "Fairy Tactician" or something. I'm sure a knowledgeable guild master would remember that about the founder of the guild...

So far this anime is starting to feel so generic and stretched out, I hope to god it picks up for the better soon...
May 10, 2014 7:24 PM

Apr 2011
There was a fair amount of padding this episode, setting up the various 1v1 fights. Wendy and Cosmos was kinda cute, with Wendy letting us know she doesn't like sour fruit. It seems like this is the silly fanservice fight, between the loli getting covered in sticky goo to start off the episode and Cosmos shooting sour plums at her. The one I'm really looking forward to is Natsu vs the guy with the weird scythes, but it looks like Lucy and Leo are taking center stage next episode.

I would also like to point out that Arcadios apparently gives no fucks about the laws of physics. Convection, shmonvection. I suppose he could be protecting himself with magic somehow, but he seriously should have burst into flames and died before he even got to take the first step into the lava, let alone trudging through it knee-deep.

I kinda want to get back to the Games, too, but I at least want to watch Natsu kick some ass first. Lucy vs One Piece guy and Natsu vs Scythes will probably be the only fights that get full episodes; Wendy, Pantherlily and Mira will probably all get thrown into one episode, or maybe they'll intersperse their fights with stuff from the Games.
May 10, 2014 7:52 PM
Apr 2014
Meh, same old formula. Arrogant antagonists beat up protagonists at first, then protagonists will power up or find out antagonist weakness and beats them up. Antagonists will probably become their ally or something or dissapear.
May 11, 2014 12:24 AM

Feb 2014
Ceh....Too much useless filler...And the Garou Knight really a worst villain... When they got their ass kicked, we don't even remember who they are, easily. The filler made the episode worse(except Mavis comedy scene).

Hell, those so called executioners didn't looks like a killer at all....they looks like a clown.

The Lava scene is nonsense...How can you are fine walking on Lava?...

Honestly why they prolong this battle, it is not cool at all....

guppo_26 said:

So far this anime is starting to feel so generic and stretched out, I hope to god it picks up for the better soon...

This anime is generic to begin with...So i didn't get your point. XD
May 11, 2014 5:55 AM
Aug 2013
this episode is boring, nothing special, no Grand Magic Games fight scene
May 11, 2014 6:40 AM

Oct 2013
This battle is getting boring,and what's his name walking on lava wtf was that??

May 11, 2014 6:59 AM
Apr 2012
Bit slow this episode. Uosuke has some great magic tai, still don't care for Neppa and Kama though. Getting to see Mira's satan soul was again great. The switch to the colosseum felt needless though a humorous moment with Mavis and Makarov.
May 11, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
fairy tail is getting worse and worse by the minute...the animation is barely serviceable and the fight scenes are just horrid. this was on par with a bad naruto filler
May 11, 2014 9:41 AM

Sep 2013
Walking knee deep in Lava! He supposed to be dead after the first step! Fairy tail is just falling low in appreciation for me. Its just some thing ill watch when I have nothing to do
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 2013
Other than Hades has there ever been an evil character who has played the part well? cause I can't remember any, they are too generic to the point in which I don't even see them as evil, more as an opponent who is in the way
May 11, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2011
They are stretching out the fights way too much. It's understandable that they split the fights up and give us one or more episode for each (though usually parallel), but they did not even start for real. And the GMG fights didn't progess, either.

At least they didn't forget that Lucy's spirits can come and go on their own. Though Natsu talked about only one, but we basically saw everyone doing that, and there is no reason to assume that some can't do it.

I can see Arcadios using magic or something to protect himself, but either it is that easy, not worse than walking on sun-warmed stones after getting used to it, which means he should have done it a long time ago and not wait until the last possible moment and blurt something about sacrificing himself..

Or he barely manages to not go up in flames or melt, which means he should hurry, he should have jumped as far as he can and tried to run/walk fast (not easy in water etc., so maybe not *that* fast, but still..), and not take a break to give a speech.

Stil better than the Jiggle Butt Gang though.

If they have Wendy defeating her enemy on her own, and not Natsu barging in once he finished his fight or anything else it would evenfeature something remarkable. Somehow i doubt that though. Guess we'll see in a few months...;)
NwAurionMay 11, 2014 2:49 PM
May 11, 2014 3:12 PM

Jun 2013
This anime has really, really fallen in these 6 episodes, yet I can't drop it. It is not that I don't want to. I just can't. Same with Bleach manga. I wanna drop both, but they were a part of my life for quite a while now, there is no way I can stop watching. Still, this anime is terrible. Fuck my life.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 11, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
This show has lost my interest with this episode. I have no idea why they feel that they need to degrade everyone's power levels all the time. It's not realistic for anyone here to struggle in these petty fights. But, for the sake of dragging out the episodes, they make it seem as if Natsu and the group are having problems. This is so god damn lame.

Animation quality is just the same as before they decided to paus everything. It's laughable how bad it really is.

All in all, shit. What's the point of having Natsu and the group struggle here and then give them a nakama power up later? It makes everything shit. Old FT was better than this ffs. At least they had reason to struggle in fights in the past, here it's just lame. They should be able to wreck these guys in their fucking sleep. Mirajane Y U NO CHANGE? Seeing you struggle while being in your normal form makes you an idiot in my eyes. Just go satan-whatever and kill that paper-bitch.
May 11, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
Lol he goes trough lava.
May 11, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
Dimitrije1606 said:
This anime has really, really fallen in these 6 episodes, yet I can't drop it. It is not that I don't want to. I just can't. Same with Bleach manga. I wanna drop both, but they were a part of my life for quite a while now, there is no way I can stop watching. Still, this anime is terrible. Fuck my life.
I dropped the Bleach manga months ago, despite me picking it up about 6-7 years ago. Just do it, it's not as hard as you think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 10:02 PM

Feb 2012
Shadow12980 said:
Yeah I think the Garou Knights are boring and that fight should end so the Grand Magic Games come back. I also like how Arcadios went into the lava like a badass.

I agree with you, I want to see more magic games :D
May 11, 2014 10:55 PM

Feb 2014
AnimeSweden said:
This show has lost my interest with this episode. I have no idea why they feel that they need to degrade everyone's power levels all the time. It's not realistic for anyone here to struggle in these petty fights. But, for the sake of dragging out the episodes, they make it seem as if Natsu and the group are having problems. This is so god damn lame.

Animation quality is just the same as before they decided to paus everything. It's laughable how bad it really is.

All in all, shit. What's the point of having Natsu and the group struggle here and then give them a nakama power up later? It makes everything shit. Old FT was better than this ffs. At least they had reason to struggle in fights in the past, here it's just lame. They should be able to wreck these guys in their fucking sleep. Mirajane Y U NO CHANGE? Seeing you struggle while being in your normal form makes you an idiot in my eyes. Just go satan-whatever and kill that paper-bitch.

Well, in manga they are not that struggled against those lame enemies. Natsu and especially Mira shown held back their power. Every action goes in flash, so i can said their opponents is just a weakling trash. But in anime it got too much useless filler just to stretch the fight and ended make team FT such a weakling.
May 12, 2014 5:14 AM

May 2008
the fights feel stretched out but watever hopefully it gets better <3
May 12, 2014 5:18 AM

Jun 2013
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:
This show has lost my interest with this episode. I have no idea why they feel that they need to degrade everyone's power levels all the time....

Well, in manga they are not that struggled against those lame enemies. Natsu and especially Mira shown held back their power. Every action goes in flash, so i can said their opponents is just a weakling trash. But in anime it got too much useless filler just to stretch the fight and ended make team FT such a weakling.

Too bad they didn't do it similiar in the anime. Would have been much better.
May 12, 2014 5:21 AM

Apr 2008
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:
This show has lost my interest with this episode. I have no idea why they feel that they need to degrade everyone's power levels all the time....

Funny you say that since there was a lot of bitching in the manga threads about how the so called executioners of the kingdom lost too quickly.
May 12, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2012
that lava magic really scary.... lucy's battle gonna starts next ep, cant wait....

May 13, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2013
Wooooooow!I loved this episode,it was amazing.
So Natsu & others are loosing the fights but not for too long :D
Arcadios will sacrifice his life to save Yukino & Lucy,woow what a man!
And the princess isn't bad,she want them to survive.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 13, 2014 6:35 PM
Oct 2008
TheNaturalPerm said:
the animation is barely serviceable and the fight scenes are just horrid.

That hasn't changed since Day 1
May 13, 2014 11:12 PM

Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:

Funny you say that since there was a lot of bitching in the manga threads about how the so called executioners of the kingdom lost too quickly.

That is one.

You know what....we (manga readers) already knew that the Garou Knight are all pussy. That is the most important fact. Nah, anime-only must have already figured out that much.

It will be just worse scene if they animated it like the way manga did. Quick and clean...actually that is rather good on it's own, because it is shown how strong the FT team.

Yet, in this episode, they insert too much useless filler... Stretched the fight, furthermore with a really weak animation (one of Fairy Tail good points is in the art -> ruined)..Resulted the fight look so silly, weird, and nonsense. it turn from worse to worst.

The deal with Garou knight should just need 1.5 - 2 episode at most -> introduction and kick their ass. But they actually planning to stretch it to 3.5 or more(based on the preview)...That is overkill. amazingly worst.
May 13, 2014 11:27 PM

Jun 2013
MShukyDeneuve said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:

That is one.

You know what....we (manga readers) already knew that the Garou Knight are all pussy. That is the most important fact. Nah, anime-only must have already figured out that much.

It will be just worse scene if they animated it like the way manga did. Quick and clean...actually that is rather good on it's own, because it is shown how strong the FT team.

Yet, in this episode, they insert too much useless filler... Stretched the fight, furthermore with a really weak animation (one of Fairy Tail good points is in the art -> ruined)..Resulted the fight look so silly, weird, and nonsense. it turn from worse to worst.

The deal with Garou knight should just need 1.5 - 2 episode at most -> introduction and kick their ass. But they actually planning to stretch it to 3.5 or more(based on the preview)...That is overkill. amazingly worst.
Ummm arent animes suppose to be longer than the manga, and for a long running anime they can stretch and add fillers as much as they want lol. i got use to this a long time ago
May 13, 2014 11:47 PM
Mar 2014
Next episode the celestial spirits will be back YAY !
May 13, 2014 11:49 PM

Feb 2014
randy1925 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:

That is one.

Ummm arent animes suppose to be longer than the manga, and for a long running anime they can stretch and add fillers as much as they want lol. i got use to this a long time ago

Then you just not that good in judge on things. So i cannot explain it to you more than that.

What i can say is...In manga the deal with Garou Knight is only 2(about 2.2 to be exact) chapters.
Then, yes they can add filler as much as they want. HOWEVER, they must not sacrifice the quality especially they idiotically added filler on scenes which don't need such, furthermore makes the scene worse.

If you got used on something like that........Yeah, i can pity you, my friend. It is means your sense of judging became dull --
May 13, 2014 11:58 PM

Jun 2013
MShukyDeneuve said:
randy1925 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:

That is one.

Then you just not that good in judge on things. So i cannot explain it to you more than that.

What i can say is...In manga the deal with Garou Knight is only 2(about 2.2 to be exact) chapters.
Then, yes they can add filler as much as they want. HOWEVER, they must not sacrifice the quality especially they idiotically added filler on scenes which don't need such, furthermore makes the scene worse.

If you got used on something like that........Yeah, i can pity you, my friend. It is means your sense of judging became dull --
No i just dont like to bitch and complain about little stuff like that, and im sure the non manga readers will have a completely diff opinions than the ones that the manga
May 14, 2014 1:06 AM

Feb 2014
randy1925 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
randy1925 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:

That is one.

No i just dont like to bitch and complain about little stuff like that, and im sure the non manga readers will have a completely diff opinions than the ones that the manga

Except that is no little stuff...It is utterly destroyed the quality.

About different opinion, it is a given... there is no way you can be so sure and to classify Anime-only and Manga reader will have completely different opinion.

What i can be sure of is: the filler ruined the episode for me? it is a yes.
May 14, 2014 5:00 AM

May 2010
Mirajane, woohoo

Strongest mage? Sorry Happy but you are providing wrong information.

Good episode. I think, it was one chapter again.
May 14, 2014 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
MShukyDeneuve said:
randy1925 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
randy1925 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:

That is one.

About different opinion, it is a given... there is no way you can be so sure and to classify Anime-only and Manga reader will have completely different opinion.

I'm an anime-only guy, and I feel that FT is starting to lose its quality. No one finds it entertaining to see their favorite characters struggle in some meaningless fight. It would be like watching Naruto getting his ass kicked by some genin or perhaps Luffy getting his ass wooped by a random marine. It's that freaking bad.
May 14, 2014 8:55 AM

Jun 2013
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
randy1925 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
randy1925 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimeSweden said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnimeSweden said:

That is one.

I'm an anime-only guy, and I feel that FT is starting to lose its quality. No one finds it entertaining to see their favorite characters struggle in some meaningless fight. It would be like watching Naruto getting his ass kicked by some genin or perhaps Luffy getting his ass wooped by a random marine. It's that freaking bad.
So @MShukyDeneuve doesnt like it cuz they ruined the episode with adding fillers. And @AnimeSweden doesnt like it cuz hes not enjoing the main characters struggling in some meaningless fight. well heres ur two diff opinions
May 14, 2014 2:10 PM

Mar 2008
This is just terrible. Wish they hadn't brought Fairy Tail back if they were going to ruin it like this. So much filler.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.