Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2014 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that was funny.

The over exaggeration of Shiro and Sora were priceless.
>Steph on a leash ;o

Heh, I almost feel sorry for her. Steph could probably learn a few things or two from those two though. That ending was awesome. Next week should be interesting with
May 7, 2014 6:01 AM
Mar 2014
Was there
May 7, 2014 7:07 AM

Jul 2013
lol at dat censoring...

and dat punishment because of losing the game

also, next enemy, jibril confirmed

and lol at his reaction how he decides which country to invade next

^ yup, there was ^_^
UrekMay 7, 2014 9:13 AM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 7, 2014 7:08 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Poor Steph. Just couldn't win any game against Sora & Shiro. Dog ears and eyeglasses = What an awesome combination! x3

May 7, 2014 7:47 AM

Oct 2011
If only Jibril kept her retard speech throughout the entire anime.
http://a.pomf.se/wsstao.webm
May 7, 2014 8:08 AM

Aug 2013
Hilarious episode overall, Steph's chain of sufferings has begun :p

Finally best girl has appeared, and fuck yes the next game will show us what NGNL is all about
May 7, 2014 8:27 AM

Feb 2008
It's quite obviously that everyone here watching it raw.
Steph lose all her matches lol.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 7, 2014 9:11 AM

Nov 2013
Not as good as the last, but still pretty awesome.
What was up with Steph 'crying' scales..?
ApprovaMay 7, 2014 9:20 AM
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
May 7, 2014 9:17 AM

May 2013
Horrible as usual. Today with slightly more sexism.

May 7, 2014 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode. Loved the siblings reaction at the way the "angel"/Flugel talked xD
May 7, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2014
Didn't enjoy this one as much as the others.. but I can always look forward to the next episode of this show. dem cliff hangers.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 7, 2014 9:21 AM

Nov 2012
Another funny episode, with a little fanservice as usually. That bird scene was awesome, I didn't see it coming. Poor Steph, she tried everything, but Blank cannot be defeated. The ending started with a character that looked badass and then she ruined it xD
I didn't get that when they said "Ba*se" and then they said "The servers here are better than in our world". Can someone explain me? :D
KamaxMay 7, 2014 9:37 AM
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
May 7, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. It may look like all fun and stuff but they are serious on their goals. It seems they will be challenging that angel next ep and I can't wait to see how they challenge that one game it only plays.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 7, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2010
Really awesome :D Loved this ep so much and nxt ep will be even better ^^

Lol'd at how Sora and Shiro like sleeping in that storage room instead of the royal room just because Shiro fell of the bed and Sora got scared the hell out off XD

Poor Steph, she got owned in every single game XD Lol'd at Sora's reaction to being able to become a "Reajuu" XDXDXD And Shiro not accepting XD

How he used Steph's cheating against her XD Her Grandpa saying it doesn't work against humans was lol

Her crystal tears were lololol

Their reaction to Steph not being an idiot was so hilarious XD The punishment of being the dog was genius :3 And how they were reacting when they were walking through the town for seeing too many people XD

Sora's reaction to hearing the WereBeast are KEMONOMIMI XDXDXD He's so HYPED hahahaha Yoshitsugu nailed that one XD

Shiro totally went Jelly over Steph there XD Taking 90% of her clothes XD

Lol'd at how he threw at the pigeons XD

It was awesome how he explained there's no such thing as luck and how u can use knowledge to win any game.

Dat Howl's moving castle was priceless XDXDXD

Sora's reaction to them betting knowledge and knowing they had a library hahaha

Jibril's descend was so Beautiful :O Sora's reaction was great hehe.....until....DAT JIBRIL ENGRISH XDXDXD

The PV showed an explosion!!! YES! Best game next ep >.< GET HYPED >.<!!!
May 7, 2014 9:26 AM

Mar 2014
I cant say this episode worth anything apart from the Steph fanservice.
Damn this show cant create a solid mood, once you have freaking awesome episodes that get you hyped up( 1,2,4) and then you have 3 and 5 to ruin your mood.
zzz i hope next is interesting.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 7, 2014 9:28 AM
Apr 2014
That was awesome. Love what he did with that pigeon bet thing, absolutely hilarious. Oh and that last scene with that "English" insert. Damn my stomach hurts from laughing.
May 7, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2012
Steph's treatment is so funny I can't even feel bad for her.
May 7, 2014 9:34 AM

May 2013
Poor Steph being treated like a dog lol. This was a funny episode.
May 7, 2014 9:37 AM

Feb 2012
Holy hell! When the angel appeared at end, the short OST was EPIC!
May 7, 2014 9:50 AM

Aug 2008
Now, I'm starting to think that it's shame there are only 12 episodes.
May 7, 2014 9:51 AM

Dec 2013
Man this episode. Steph was such a try-hard but just kept losing every game lol. Doesn't learn to give up, but I guess thats just one great thing about her. Also Steph on a leash in that costume? Yes please. I laughed so hard at the part where Sora realised that if warbeasts looked like how Steph was dressed in that cute animal girl outfit then that means the kingdom of the warbeasts are filled with cute busty anime girls with "real" animal ears ^^ That part was just pure gold. He looked so concentrated and determined about it too, kind of reminded me of a part in the series - Outbreak Company. Then Shiro started going all super cute and innocent (evil innocence) and started wearing Steph's pantsu on her head along with Steph's bra~
Then the last part where Jibril makes an appearance, it was hilarious when everything was so godly and holy and suddenly when "death/angel" spoke, they all collapsed on the floor saying her voice ruined her holiness. That was also pretty funny. Overall, I give this episode yet another 5/5 because it deserved it. Each of these episodes has epicness that doesn't end and it keeps making you LOL.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
May 7, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2012
That Laputa Reference! even changed clothing :')

as an episode though I guess it was ok
May 7, 2014 10:00 AM

Apr 2010
Stephanie didn't learn much from her defeat during the first part of the episode tho it did seems she was learning towards that end.
Tho Sora committed a sin by ordering Stephanie wear glasses, tho this is a common problem in anime recently ruining girls by making them wear glasses.

The accent of the girl at the end was great can't wait to see what will happen next week.
Would love to hear more of that accent.
May 7, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2012
Every freaking episode... Just makes me wanna go back and watch every previous episode so I don't have to wait a full week :P
May 7, 2014 10:02 AM

Mar 2012
Funny as hell as usual no game no life never dissapoints me hehe

Oh man i cant wait for the fight with jibril i have been looking forward to it, but some of the stuff they say are just too complicated to understand, not the info itself but the speed and time in which they talk is too fast understand and the eng sub dont do it right.

I really need to brush up on my Japanese cause i cant keep going on with sub only
May 7, 2014 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
Kurini said:

I second this. Hopefully they come to their senses and extend it to a 24 episode series :D
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
May 7, 2014 10:05 AM

Mar 2012
kingsheep812 said:
Kurini said:

I second this. Hopefully they come to their senses and extend it to a 24 episode series :D

Even if they dont i can guarantee u already that this is one show that will definatly have more future seasons just by already looking at success and ratings it is already recieving
May 7, 2014 10:06 AM

Jun 2008
kingsheep812 said:
Man this episode. Steph was such a try-hard but just kept losing every game lol. Doesn't learn to give up, but I guess thats just one great thing about her. Also Steph on a leash in that costume? Yes please. I laughed so hard at the part where Sora realised that if warbeasts looked like how Steph was dressed in that cute animal girl outfit then that means the kingdom of the warbeasts are filled with cute busty anime girls with "real" animal ears ^^ That part was just pure gold. He looked so concentrated and determined about it too, kind of reminded me of a part in the series - Outbreak Company. Then Shiro started going all super cute and innocent (evil innocence) and started wearing Steph's pantsu on her head along with Steph's bra~
Then the last part where Jibril makes an appearance, it was hilarious when everything was so godly and holy and suddenly when "death/angel" spoke, they all collapsed on the floor saying her voice ruined her holiness. That was also pretty funny. Overall, I give this episode yet another 5/5 because it deserved it. Each of these episodes has epicness that doesn't end and it keeps making you LOL.

Actaully, it wasn't her voice, but what she said. She was speaking with god-awful Engrish.

Also, I hope, that they will finish the game in the next episode. And that they include Jibril trying to force her Osake dialect...

May 7, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
Amazing episode as usual. That ending was epic! Can't wait for next episode.
May 7, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
GreenDrag said:

Actaully, it wasn't her voice, but what she said. She was speaking with god-awful Engrish.

Also, I hope, that they will finish the game in the next episode. And that they include Jibril trying to force her Osake dialect...

I just went back to check it, and I'm pretty sure her accent hence (her voice) that ruined the moment as well. Though yes her grammer was off. I don't know about you, but normal girls don't sound like that.

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
May 7, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
lol steph sure is courage (or should I say stupid) for keeping challenging them.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 7, 2014 10:19 AM

Sep 2009
Hell yes, Yukari Tamura is perfect as Jibril
May 7, 2014 10:20 AM

Jan 2011
Tyrantarmy6 said:
lol steph sure is courage (or should I say stupid) for keeping challenging them.

She actually got a clue and went for the fulfillment part. Too bad Shiro ruined it :D
May 7, 2014 10:21 AM
Oct 2011
Laputa reference was epic!

Good episode, that preview was good I think.
May 7, 2014 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
"Only an iditot starts a game they can't win." yeah, true that. xD
May 7, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
this duo is so awesome they're so funny
poor steph
May 7, 2014 10:42 AM
Feb 2014
GreenDrag said:
kingsheep812 said:

If you watch the preview for the next episode it shows THAT (big spoiler so don't open if you don't know the LN)
, hence they will end it, but dunno if it will cover what comes after that ;-)

The episode was again nice, the only thing I'm a little bit sad about is that they cut the scene that explains how children can be born in this world :D
May 7, 2014 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
Yep, Steph is the Ms. Fanservice of this series. There's bound to be exhibitionist/animal ear/slave/humiliation doujins of her in the future. I can't tell if she's persistent or just plain satisfyingly stupid. I certainly look forward to more lewd Steph. Where can I adopt a Steph ;3?

You would think Shiro and Sora would hit it big in Vegas with their thorough knowledge of games. Who would've thought they were actually doing research and watching their step before attempting to take over the Beast kingdom.

LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
May 7, 2014 10:57 AM

Sep 2013
Animal girls or Angels? that's one tough decision ;)

Steph <3
May 7, 2014 10:59 AM
Oct 2012
Approva said:

Those were "scales falling from the eyes". It's an idiom from Acts 9:18 and Paul's conversion; about how suddenly someone saw something as it truly was as opposed to how they thought it was true.

They were also her contact lenses, which is why she switched to glasses :-)

This author is extremely literate, so anything that doesn't quite make sense is probably because one doesn't get the reference.

Lovely episode start to finish, nice use of fanservice to distract from the fact that 88% of this episode was exposition. Very well done.
May 7, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
as usual, lots of sibling love and steph tease. Really reminds me of my cute imouto whom I will see next week.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 7, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2008
Good stuff - and now its Jibril time ;3 though I wonder how far the anime will take the adaption.. I was hoping wed get to the rematch with Clammy/Feel
May 7, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Approva said:

Those were "scales falling from the eyes". It's an idiom from Acts 9:18 and Paul's conversion; about how suddenly someone saw something as it truly was as opposed to how they thought it was true.

This author is extremely literate, so anything that doesn't quite make sense is probably because one doesn't get the reference.

Lovely episode start to finish, nice use of fanservice to distract from the fact that 88% of this episode was exposition. Very well done.

Huh, so that wasn't random comedy, but a specific (and rather obscure) biblical reference. Makes me wonder what others I've overlooked.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
May 7, 2014 11:11 AM
Feb 2014
Notchrishansen said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Approva said:

Huh, so that wasn't random comedy, but a specific (and rather obscure) biblical reference. Makes me wonder what others I've overlooked.

I really want to know what the Ba*su reference was :D

The scales, Laputa and the "Game of Life" cracked me up xD
Caleb8980May 7, 2014 11:46 AM
May 7, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2011
Great one like the other. A good reference to Laputa (even the song change for a remake of one in the film). Looking forward for the next one ^^
自分の握る剣に怯えぬ者に剣を握る資格は無い。
May 7, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2013
Laputa really exists! Lol

Really funny episode.
May 7, 2014 11:21 AM
May 2014
I LOVE SORA'S YANDERE-LIKE EYES!!

KYAAA FANGIRL~~~~

btw people what do you think is cuter,
sora x shiro
or
sora x steph?
as for mei i ship sora x steph IDK WHY BUT I SHIP THEM >w<
May 7, 2014 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
Steph needs to start winning some games, Sora are Shiro are just too cool. Hope next episode will be just as good or better!
May 7, 2014 11:31 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh wow didn't know that the scales was actually a reference to something (or an idiom), now I know :) It's always nice to read about things that I have overlooked. But the Laputa one was pretty funny, I love how the siblings even tried the spell XD Overall, fun episode, not the funniest, but I liked learning about their world, and how as Sora said, Imanity doesn't even seem like they're trying because he and Shiro can't find anything related to other races' weaknesses.
May 7, 2014 11:38 AM
Oct 2012
Notchrishansen said:

There is a difference between something that is an "idiom" and a "reference". The idiom references the bible, however the show references the idiom. Most people who use the idiom have no idea that it references the bible, but "scales fall from one's eyes" is a very well known idiom in English and I imagine in most European languages as well. It is so common that one can search for it in common dictionaries.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/The+scales+fall+from+eyes
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.