Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Nobunaga Concerto' Gets Multiple Adaptations

New
May 7, 2014 4:17 AM

Nov 2007
It was announced in the June issue of Gessan (Monthly Shounen Sunday) that Ayumi Ishii's historical manga Nobunaga Concerto will receive a TV anime adaptation this Summer, a live-action TV series beginning in October, and a live-action movie.

The story centers around Saburou, a high school boy who time-travels to Japan's Sengoku Era. He must become Nobunaga Oda, the famed warlord who helps unite Japan.

Anime Staff
Director: Yuusuke Fujikawa
Script: Natsuko Takahashi
Music: Masaru Yokoyama

Anime Cast
Nobunaga Oda: Yuki Kaji
Saburou: Mamoru Miyano
Nouhime: Nana Mizuki
Toukichirou Kinoshita: Yuuichi Nakamura
Oichi: Aoi Yuuki
Tsuneoki Ikeda: Kazuyuki Okitsu
Katsuie Shigeta: Rikiya Koyama
Toshiie Maeda: Shintaro Asanuma
Narimasa Sassa: Kenta Miyake
Nagahide: Shinya Takahashi
Takugen: Keiichi Ogata
Ieyasu Tokugawa: Jun Fukuyama
Hanbei Takenaka: Takahiro Sakurai
Nagamasa Asami: Ryouhei Kimura
Yoshinari Mori: Ryou Sugisaki
Nagayoshi Mori: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Ranmaru Mori: Ayumu Murase
Yoshiaki Ashikage: Tomokazu Sugita
Hisahide Matsunaga: Takaya Kuroda
Nobuyuki Oda: Kouki Uchiyama
Masahide Hirate: Motomu Kiyokawa
Dousan Saitou: Yousuke Akimoto

Live-Action Cast
Nobunaga Oda and Saburou: Shun Oguri

Source: ANN

Nobunaga Concerto on MAL
Sakana-sanNov 20, 2016 8:50 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 7, 2014 4:19 AM

Mar 2012
Why cannot it about Takeda Shingen or Tokugawa Ieyasu for once.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 7, 2014 4:21 AM

Jul 2008
NeoAnkara said:

Because Japan love Nobunaga and even though I don't dislike him I'm starting to get tired of all the shows around him as a MC.
May 7, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2012
ENOUGH OF NOOBUNAGA.
May 7, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2011
It was inevitable.
May 7, 2014 4:37 AM

May 2013
Great, more shitty Nobunaga adaptions. That's what the world needs.

> The story centers around Saburou, a high school boy who time-travels to Japan's Sengoku Era. He must become Nobunaga Oda, the famed warlord who helps unite Japan.

And this one looks even more stupid than the usual ones.

May 7, 2014 4:40 AM

Mar 2012
Shangetsu said:
NeoAnkara said:

Because Japan love Nobunaga and even though I don't dislike him I'm starting to get tired of all the shows around him as a MC.
It's like they didn't have historical person aside for him.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 7, 2014 4:41 AM

Jan 2013
Nobunaga huh? 100% of anime with that in the title suck.
May 7, 2014 4:41 AM

Oct 2011
Nobunaga again? But Oguri Shun! *gasps* But why a double role?
May 7, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, this must be a really good manga then.
May 7, 2014 4:46 AM

Apr 2013
Just realized the manga won Shogakukan award in 2011
Better be good
May 7, 2014 4:49 AM

Mar 2012
The only Sengoku Era with Nobunaga that I like is Oda Nobuna no Yabou because it follow the history closely from what I know. I'm also learn alot from that.
May 7, 2014 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
I heard some praise regarding this magazines' portfolio and this title in particular (award winning), but the synopsis is not exactly impressive right now. Gonna give this the three-episode treatment.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 7, 2014 5:02 AM
May 2012
Japan really loves their Oda Nobunaga ahahahah.

Well, this sounds interesting. TV Anime, TV series, and a live-action movie, that's a lot!! I will watch this :3
I really really like the Anime cast too. Fuck yeah for Mamoru Miyano!!!
Also, fuck yeah for Shun Oguri in the live-action cast!!!

Edit: This is my 1500th forum post. Good thing I noticed it after I posted another one.
TengaiMay 7, 2014 10:18 AM
May 7, 2014 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
I dunno it feels Deja Vu while reading the summery of the manga xD I remember an anime with similar thing happening

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 7, 2014 5:31 AM

Oct 2010
Another Nobunaga... =.=

But since its an award winning manga, I'll give it a shot.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
May 7, 2014 5:35 AM

Jun 2008
Another one?
Maybe i will give it a chance for the cast though..
May 7, 2014 5:52 AM
Aug 2011
Despite everyone questioning Nobunaga's appearance yet again, it sounds like it might not be terrible.

I clicked on the script writer and I saw a mixed bag selection, I will stick around to see what studio it's going to be.
May 7, 2014 5:54 AM

Jun 2008
With those themes and seiyuu, there's no way I wouldn't get interested~
May 7, 2014 5:56 AM
May 7, 2014 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
More Nobunaga this year huh? I might give this a try but not a fan of the premise so far. Then again, it could be something interesting if it's done right.
May 7, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2008
Kaji Yuki ( -.-) aside, OH GOD THE CAST liST!!! And it gives me the impression it isn't a bad parody of Oda Nobunaga, so I'll probably watch it.
May 7, 2014 6:13 AM

Aug 2011
tsubasalover said:

Anime Cast
Nouhime: Nana Mizuki
Oichi: Aoi Yuuki
Ieyasu Tokugawa: Jun Fukuyama
Yoshiaki Ashikage: Tomokazu Sugita

That cast. Will watch.
May 7, 2014 6:37 AM

Oct 2009
Again with the time traveling, again with Nobunaga. I assume he's not genderbent this time, huh ?

Imagine if Hollywood made like half a dozen movies about George Washington every year...
May 7, 2014 6:54 AM

Jan 2013
SurferDude said:
Again with the time traveling, again with Nobunaga. I assume he's not genderbent this time, huh ?

Imagine if Hollywood made like half a dozen movies about George Washington every year...
Why not Abe Lincoln lol

Guess I'll check it out. My expectations are set low so they shouldn't be too disappointed
why so much nobunaga
May 7, 2014 7:15 AM

Apr 2011
Come on. Nobunaga can't be the only shogun in Japan's history, can he?
May 7, 2014 7:17 AM

Sep 2011
im sure it wont be anywhere near as bad as nobunaga the fool at least

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 7, 2014 8:53 AM
Oct 2013
Nobunagas,Nobunagas... Nobunagas everywhere!! XD To be honest,if the storyline be good,i'll watch... ^^
May 7, 2014 8:54 AM
Oct 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
It was inevitable.

Nobunaga "The Fool" approves!
May 7, 2014 9:26 AM
Mar 2010
JizzyHitler said:
im sure it wont be anywhere near as bad as nobunaga the fool at least

This. I'll try this out because it got an award in Japan.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 7, 2014 9:39 AM

Feb 2010
Is it some kind of Nobunaga anniversary this year?
I probably regret this post by now.
May 7, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
Featuring Nobunaga... again!

Skipping this.
May 7, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
There are so many others Shoguns worth a show, this is discrimination.

Yukimura Sanada, Mitsuhide Akechi, Kenshin Uesugi..
May 7, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
I'm more interested in Live action version simply because there have been too many Nobunaga-themed anime as of late. Also, LA version could give more grounded and realistic take on the series, something that i've come to fond of ever since Rurouni Kenshin LA adaptation.
May 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2012
Fuck Nobunaga and fuck the highschool boy that will magically time travel to become an overpowered cliche beta.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
May 7, 2014 11:15 AM

Jun 2011
The freakin casts!! <3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 7, 2014 12:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Like everyone else, I was skeptical to see another Nobunaga anime in the making. Well I haven't watched any Nobunaga themed anime aside from Nobunaga the Fool so not sure what to think about it. Especially time traveling? But I will try it since it has so many seiyuu that I like in the cast. Also,
Cedronia said:
Just realized the manga won Shogakukan award in 2011
Better be good

Sounds like it should be pretty good.
May 7, 2014 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
Yet another Nobunaga anime? Wasn't two in one anime season enough? Isn't there another Japanese warlord they can use? Ah well, at least they aren't turning him into a girl anymore.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
May 7, 2014 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
Guys calm your tits... This manga is accurate historically. Read real synopsis from here (for example) and look at the art. It's manga made for teens to learn history in a more entertaining form but not straying with mechs or girls as Nobunaga. Author gives us 'present guy' so it's easier for readers to identify with MC. Also even if Nobunaga is main character there are other historical figures that will be pictured here, look at the long cast.
I'll watch it to learn something about the "favourite Japanese historic person" (from what we can assume from all this adaptations).
May 7, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2010
Eh, Nobunaba again huh.Well, i will give it a shot since voice cast is pretty damn good, but besides that im not expecting anything amazing.
May 7, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2010
Clearly some people in this thread don't realize Oda Nobunaga's historical significance in Japan nor how amazing the historical figure actually was. For them I recomend reading Japonius Tyrannus: Oda Nobunaga Reconsidered - you'll have to look for it in libraries since I believe it's quite expensive nowadays, I read it in a specialized library exclusive for post-grad students (I think that's how you say it in English) but it shouldn't be impossible to find in normal ones with a good selection on Japanese history - it's a fascinating and well-written book. For a bit more info on his military genius check some of Turnbull's books (these you can find online), they have a couple historically inaccurate points but when it comes to military details it's pretty good.

About this particular story, I'll check it out when it comes. I have lost hope for a gritty, more down to earth and a bit more accurate anime adaptation of his life (which would be amazing) a long time ago.
kurosaki_kabutoMay 7, 2014 2:39 PM
May 7, 2014 4:18 PM

Aug 2012
Oh nice, another stupid Nobunaga anime
May 7, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
It feels like I'm the only one that doesn't know what is Nobunaga? Guess I'll put it on my ptw list.
May 7, 2014 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
Nobunaga again huh? they should find some other historical figure to talk about once in a while.

May 7, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
Hanbei Takenaka: Takahiro Sakurai

LOL THEY'RE BACKKKKK

Great cast. I like historical, so I'm in. Looks really fab just from the manga cover. After Uta Koi, I learned not to judge these things by how old they are. Summer show yay cool. Watching for sure. Also, CONCERTO IN THE TITLE. LOVE MUSICAL TERMS <3

Thornister said:
Guys calm your tits... This manga is accurate historically. Read real synopsis from here (for example) and look at the art. It's manga made for teens to learn history in a more entertaining form but not straying with mechs or girls as Nobunaga. Author gives us 'present guy' so it's easier for readers to identify with MC. Also even if Nobunaga is main character there are other historical figures that will be pictured here, look at the long cast.
I'll watch it to learn something about the "favourite Japanese historic person" (from what we can assume from all this adaptations).

Hell yeah.
Montinihabato13 said:
ReaperCreeper said:
It was inevitable.

Nobunaga "The Fool" approves!

^
May 7, 2014 5:02 PM
Dec 2009
Takei_Hisa said:
Nobunaga again huh? they should find some other historical figure to talk about once in a while.

Well maybe it is because he is a very popular person known from a long time ago and that he is mostly recognisable to the Japanese people despite it has already been said that there are other historical figures due at about the same time as him.

May 7, 2014 5:03 PM
Dec 2009
kurosaki_kabuto said:
Clearly some people in this thread don't realize Oda Nobunaga's historical significance in Japan nor how amazing the historical figure actually was. For them I recomend reading Japonius Tyrannus: Oda Nobunaga Reconsidered - you'll have to look for it in libraries since I believe it's quite expensive nowadays, I read it in a specialized library exclusive for post-grad students (I think that's how you say it in English) but it shouldn't be impossible to find in normal ones with a good selection on Japanese history - it's a fascinating and well-written book. For a bit more info on his military genius check some of Turnbull's books (these you can find online), they have a couple historically inaccurate points but when it comes to military details it's pretty good.

About this particular story, I'll check it out when it comes. I have lost hope for a gritty, more down to earth and a bit more accurate anime adaptation of his life (which would be amazing) a long time ago.

You think they have time to read up that kind of history?

May 7, 2014 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
Wow another Nobunaga-themed anime ? I'll give a try for this one.
May 7, 2014 5:59 PM

Jul 2011
This went from another run of the mill Nobunaga series to (one with):

- an award
- live action (if it sucks, why would it get so many adaptations?)
- historical accuracy (?) and educational
- non-shounen appearance despite being a shounen (art and synopsis)
- relatively obscurity ^

I'm almost excited for this now. Historically real series are excellent when done well.

Even the cast is most of all the popular seiyuu. Seems like just Kamiya Hiroshi missing?
MirorinMay 7, 2014 6:12 PM
May 7, 2014 6:06 PM

Sep 2011
How many of these themed series are there already? Boy travels time to Sengoku Era... Sengoku Era harem... Sengoku Era Mecha... Sengoku Bishounen battles,

BAH.

What's worse, it's a High School Boy AGAIN. MEH.

But it seems like a serious manga, so I will keep my eye on it. As long it depicts the era is a tasteful way, I don't mind.

Are there no other interesting people in Japanese history or something?

Haine15 said:
I dunno it feels Deja Vu while reading the summery of the manga xD I remember an anime with similar thing happening

PRobably the one, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, which was actually kind of good despite all it's cringeworthy cliches. In that series though, he has to become Hideyoshi(basically) and is kind of a love interest to Nobuna.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

4 by mshfqtny »»
11 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
1 hour ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.