Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2009 12:07 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished watching episode 25 on KeyHoleTV. Very emotional episode. See below for spoilers (including crappy screen captures behind the PIC Links) DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING SPOILED IF YOU CLICK THIS AND ACTUALLY GET SPOILED

LadyOrihimeSep 17, 2009 12:11 PM
Sep 17, 2009 5:01 PM

Jun 2009
Ah...
i feel sad for Cal now.=/
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 17, 2009 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
Mio is safely in her house. She was told by her mother the truth. Her father is not dead.

Reiji couldn't find Ellen and Mio called him that she's safe, and told him that Ellen and Cal are meeting. She wants Reiji to be back always because she likes his smile.

That woman's Judy?? It seems like Cal's trying to kill Ellen and burn herself.

The intermission pics. were all Cal! (Drei & Cal!)

Ellen is shooting Cal for Reiji, but he says that he's doing it himself, and he must be the person who's going to be sad after she's being shot. But Ellen know that Reiji will lose and she doesn't want that. She knows that Reiji is very kind. Basically Reiji and Ellen cannot let each other go, even though they want to be free.

Drei burned her bike. Drei met Reiji instead of Ellen. Ellen is taking care of the people outside. Drei uses that music clock for gun fight. During that, Reiji or Drei had a vision when Drei bringing Reiji. Drei lost.

Scythe Master has shown other phantoms.
tsubasaloverSep 17, 2009 5:53 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 17, 2009 6:36 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't like the episode. The past few episodes were about Cal being stupid and hated. Now that she just dies with those sad feelings, it was pointless in a way. Next episode will be worth the action, considering how Reiji was at the end.

P.S. Reiji it's not nice to shoot girls.
XizelSep 17, 2009 6:41 PM
Sep 17, 2009 11:53 PM

Jan 2009
Well, it was kill or be killed, unfortunately. At least she did get to die by Reiji's hands, and die in the arms of someone who did care for her. I think she knew she was going to die, which is why she set her bike on fire. She was able to spend her final moments with him, and for just that moment, he was hers, and it was just the two of them in a world where they were the only ones in it.

-------

The official website has a couple of episode 26 pictures up now.

http://www.phantom-r.jp/episode/episode26.html

No "text preview" yet, nor anything up on the blog.

The guy who translated the "text preview" for me last week is going out of town for the weekend and is leaving tomorrow, so I probably won't have the summary until Monday or Tuesday. If he gets it early enough before he leaves, he might be able to translate it.
Sep 18, 2009 5:29 PM

Jun 2009
the last picture shows reiji holding eren.
I hope eren doesnt die last episode. Cuz i would totaly write a letter to beetrain to bring back eren
its like you kill cal. and now eren? +_+!
Sep 18, 2009 7:18 PM

Mar 2008
Eren still has Mongolia. Reiji is the only one who has a true reason to live on. Eren is merely living for Reiji, it's not unexpected if she dies for his sake. I would bomb Japan if she dies though.
Sep 19, 2009 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
Subs out. I'm curious how many "Hate it" this episode will catch ;) ...

So, on to the conclusion of an excellent conversion.
Sep 19, 2009 12:54 PM

Jan 2009
Nice episode, 5/5. Cal died in a shoot off with Reji and Elen basically killed everyone in the Gohoh (sp) Group except Shiga.

Looking foreword to the Final Episode with Scythe's new Phantoms
Sep 19, 2009 1:20 PM

May 2008
:<, sums it up.
Sep 19, 2009 1:55 PM
Nov 2008
It was a very good episode. I would've liked a happy ending for Cal, but oh well can't have everything xD.
Sep 19, 2009 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
very fast sub - thanks Inferno...can't wait for the final episode
Sep 19, 2009 2:39 PM

Nov 2008
The penultimate episode was good, can't wait for the next.
Sep 19, 2009 3:17 PM

Nov 2008
-_- NOT RIGHT
R.I.P. CAL

Sep 19, 2009 3:34 PM

Aug 2008
I have mixed feelings about this but none of them are too positive
Sep 19, 2009 3:44 PM

Oct 2008
D: Sucks for Cal.

cheto said:
It was a very good episode. I would've liked a happy ending for Cal, but oh well can't have everything xD.
Sep 19, 2009 4:20 PM

Jan 2009
Please someone tell me what the hell was the point in killing cal? i mean Reiji didint even tell her the truth or anything just shot her and then cryed about it! Was that the stupidest shit uve seen or what?
Sep 19, 2009 5:01 PM

May 2009
DarthVantos said:
Please someone tell me what the hell was the point in killing cal? i mean Reiji didint even tell her the truth or anything just shot her and then cryed about it! Was that the stupidest shit uve seen or what?

u are right Reiji is a bastard killing Cal was is pointless expecially after what Mio said about her she is alone please take care of her she has noone to talk to
if reiji wanted to be free of his past killing cal is a way to act wrong again and he is back in the Hell u Reiji wants to be free from what O_O
u regrettted killing innocent persons and bummer u kill again he admited i lived a wrongfull life there s no redemption for Zwei and Ein they are back in their supposed hated past they have no regrets they are cold assassins Such a delusion
Elen praying in the church and killing 20 persons is a blasphemy She looks cute but she is cruel and unable to live without a support as she said i have no reason to live

Sep 19, 2009 5:15 PM

Jul 2009

In memory of Cal, last 5/5 ep and one last service from my part:

AND HERE:

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 19, 2009 5:24 PM

May 2009
BitchMaster said:

Sep 19, 2009 5:25 PM

Nov 2008
BitchMaster said:

FUUUUUUUUUU.....CK YOU, RANDOM RABBIT!!!

Indeed. her death was too sudden, i mean all she said was "Hey Reiji, smell you later" and than died. *Me buy first class tickets to japan with a handful of AK-47 for the last episode*
KingDeadKiraSep 19, 2009 5:33 PM

Sep 19, 2009 5:44 PM

Jul 2007
Well we all knew that some deaths will appear. It was just a matter of time and how and when they excute it...

Can't say I hate this episode. I would been disappointed if Elen died instead of Cal. We all knew the chance that Ein, Zwei and Drei surviving is absolute zero.

Cal's death was excuted pretty well and reasonable. Just sad that they couldn't express their true feelings untill the last moment.
Sep 19, 2009 5:45 PM

Mar 2008
KingDeadKira said:
BitchMaster said:

Indeed. her death was too sudden, i mean all she said was "Hey Reiji, smell you later" and than died. *Me buy first class tickets to japan with a handful of AK-47 for the last episode*

Hook me up when you're ready. I bought a BARRETT 82A1 50BMG SEMIAUTO 29" just for this. You can go in first, I'll snipe from the top tower.
Sep 19, 2009 5:47 PM

Jul 2008
lolz was expecting this after seeing preview.. so ya..
just gatta say that Aug Cal brought would turn out useful now lolz
Sep 19, 2009 5:52 PM

Oct 2008
Epic episode.
Sep 19, 2009 6:01 PM

Aug 2009
What a Bastard you are Reiji >.> Call was there waiting.. you could of done a number of different things. Cal wasn't running wild killing innocent people. Cal was trapped in darkness and lost. And you! killed her.

Arrgg...... >.>
Sep 19, 2009 6:05 PM

Mar 2008
^
It could be the other way around. She'd wake up from the darkness after she kills Reiji, or after Reiji kills her.
Sep 19, 2009 6:07 PM

Jan 2009
ragnaroks said:

We all knew the chance that Ein, Zwei and Drei surviving is absolute zero.

True, now the question is which Phantom will die next. The title is Requiem for the Phantom.
Sep 19, 2009 6:20 PM

Jul 2009
Xizel said:
KingDeadKira said:
BitchMaster said:

Hook me up when you're ready. I bought a BARRETT 82A1 50BMG SEMIAUTO 29" just for this. You can go in first, I'll snipe from the top tower.

Hey guyz, wait for me!!! Imma grab my MAGNUM 357 and some crunchies real quick then we can assault them 2gether =X

BitchMasterSep 19, 2009 7:05 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 19, 2009 6:35 PM

Feb 2009
epd was ok, i expected more but i guess it had to be emotional since cal obviously still had feelings for reji.
Sep 19, 2009 6:55 PM
Jul 2009
Shiga never dies!
Sep 19, 2009 7:10 PM

Jun 2007
Xizel said:
I didn't like the episode. The past few episodes were about Cal being stupid and hated. Now that she just dies with those sad feelings, it was pointless in a way. Next episode will be worth the action, considering how Reiji was at the end.

P.S. Reiji it's not nice to shoot girls.

I agree, it was kind of lame how they show how sad and Naive Cal is and don't really bring any closure to her emotions. She already knew why Reiji left, it's been well established for a few episodes now, but in the end it feels like all she wanted to do was die by his hands. BTW who was the guy (drunk vision) she was talking too?

Reiji could have easily shot her in both arms preventing her from shooting again. Then slapped some sense into her boobs.

PS. Props to the person that posted the spoiler image of cal dead in the church last episode.
Sep 19, 2009 7:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

I agree, it was kind of lame how they show how sad and Naive Cal is and don't really bring any closure to her emotions. She already knew why Reiji left, it's been well established for a few episodes now, but in the end it feels like all she wanted to do was die by his hands. BTW who was the guy (drunk vision) she was talking too?

Reiji could have easily shot her in both arms preventing her from shooting again. Then slapped some sense into her boobs.

PS. Props to the person that posted the spoiler image of cal dead in the church last episode.

That was the Chinese mafia guy who was first killed by her when she came to Japan.

And yes, I also found her death tragic but extremely stupid and pointless...

Ok, we are going for the Elen ending.... or a nice boat ending....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 19, 2009 7:35 PM

Jul 2007
is the next episode gonna be ... BOSS BATTLE?!?!?!?!
Sep 19, 2009 8:48 PM

Apr 2008
I'll kill in order to live ... that can be Reiji's catch phrase xD lols~

Sep 19, 2009 9:07 PM

Aug 2009
holy crap this episode got me so mad ...the anime is ruined already reijji should just die already let scythe master win...
Sep 19, 2009 9:07 PM

Jan 2008
pretty epic moments...death of a loved one, determination resolved, new characters (a little late though) to step in, and Reiji cocking Cal's gun right before stepping out was really awesome. I think Cal didn't deserve to die as she was at first deceived by fetish-freak Scythe. Did she really know about Reiji's reason for breaking his promise of coming back? Whether she did or not, I don't think it really matters anymore since she still loved him, but felt she had to atone for her sins (with the subtle hints: saying she wasn't going to live long, going to hell when she does, and burning her bike). I believe at the very least, Cal was happy to die in Reiji's arms.

Reiji's still a douche though: he's the best assassin out of all of them, managed to save Elen from a bullet wound with nothing but a knife, a lit candle, and a handkerchief and he can't manage to simply immobilize Cal, and treat her with the tonne of candles used in the cathedral?

It would be nice if Nitroplus, Kadokawa Shoten, and Beetrain did alternative endings though like some other anime titles did such as Clannad. Speaking of beetrain, thanks for the misleading picture of Elen and Cal holding guns to each other's head in the church on the Japanese website: which never happened. That's what I hate about pre-production images...they don't always follow through with those promotional images...same goes for opening and endings.

Although the last episode is next, with it feeling a bit rushed, I hope at the very least we get a satisfactory ending: one with that "hentai-yarou" Scythe dead in his own blood bath. What's going to happen with Inferno and Shiga I wonder? I don't really care what happens Zahlen Schwestern, as they're most likely going to die anyway or go work for Inferno. I'll be happy as long as it's Elen x Reiji still alive and live happily ever after.
Sep 19, 2009 9:39 PM

Feb 2009
Sep 19, 2009 10:47 PM

Jun 2008
More pics guys!
Sep 19, 2009 11:02 PM
Aug 2008
Ok Im depressed....what the fuck!!

I really hoped Scythe would come before they shot say some shit and all the three phantoms team up and kill his new squad phantoms.

Cal didnt deserve to die!!! And too much time was spent with that stupid girl that loved Reiji.
Sep 19, 2009 11:20 PM

Jun 2009
PS: Reiji,i never liked you from the start. The only reason i didn't hate you and flame you in the forums, is because of how much Ein loved you. But now you killed Cal, congratz, i hate you more now. YOUR NOT EVEN ATTRACTIVE .... sheesh what's with girls falling for you. donkey kong!

Sep 19, 2009 11:37 PM
Jun 2009
i actually cried when Cal died even though in the previous episode i was annoyed with her vengeance.
my god, reiji didnt had to kill her! pity poor Cal!
but i guess he had to stop her insane vendetta still it was sad that Reiji was the one to kill her...aiyaiyai..
REIJI!!
Sep 20, 2009 1:15 AM
Jun 2009
This series is underappreciated.

One of the most annoying characters, wound up making me feel badly for her. *sniffles*

I doubt Reiji could have said anything to change Cal, he didn't protect her like he promised, and now she didn't think she could ever go back.
Sep 20, 2009 1:57 AM

Jul 2008
Still have to watch the ep... looks good from the screens and such (besides the ending choice that is).

For those interested in how the other two true endings look like and who do not intend to ever play the VN (tough I greatly recommend playing the game), might want to keep an eye on this post where you can find summaries of the events from other two main endings till the point at which Scyhte and the Numba Sis make their appearance. The rest will be posted once ep26 has been aired and subbed.

Airitoizzy said:

Sep 20, 2009 2:39 AM

Dec 2008
I'm sad for Cal...it's a little frustrating, didn't want her to die. Couldn't they just work something out? Eren/Elen keeping everyone back in that fight was epic...Can't believe she dodged all those bullets. Looking forward to the next episode. I hope a certain someone dies next episode.
Sep 20, 2009 6:19 AM

May 2008
Wonder if there are ppl that like Cal just because she is hot.... stareeeeeeeee

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 20, 2009 7:41 AM

Nov 2008
Alexstratz said:

Hahahhaha thx for that pic!

In my opinion best moment in that episode was when Reiji loaded Cal's Aug machinegun and started to walk out of the church. I hope he kills scythe with it.
Sep 20, 2009 10:11 AM

May 2008
Alexstratz said:

You see, THIS is the reason I save things like 50 million times. *save-a-holic*

Anyways, I have no problem with seeing Cal die. There's only one episode left, so it had to be done. She didn't die too suddenly. She was around for quite some time to begin with. She did her biz, and lost in the duel. It was an amazing episode none the less.

I REALLY want to see Scythe die in the last ep. He's really pissing me off. He's so effing annoying..and it would be a nice slap in the face if Elen killed him. I want to see that.

Sep 20, 2009 10:17 AM

Mar 2008
All of Scythe's work are females. I wonder what he do with them off the screen.
Sep 20, 2009 10:59 AM

Feb 2009
I wonder if Elen will die too. I hope not.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.