Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 7, 2014 5:43 AM

Jun 2009
I just love how, almost exactly when he found out about Meruem's memory loss, Pouf went right after Komugi. To me, that was a great moment because it puts into play what I consider to be the best relationship in the arc and Pouf's jealousy of it. In fact, I'm finding it hard to believe that Togashi ever even planned on killing Meruem via the bomb. Thinking about it, there would have been alot of loose ends if that had worked.

I thought it might happen before, but the scene with Meruem stopping his tail short of penetrating Pouf's skull for lying makes me think that he will find out the devious butterfly's plan and kill him for it. I just hope he doesn't find out after the damage has been done. So to speak.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 7, 2014 6:07 AM

Apr 2014
First 10 min was creepy and funny......royal guard loyalty is really something Pouf is really great i`m starting to like him...
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
May 7, 2014 6:16 AM

Jun 2013
Guys, how do you think this arc will end if that really was nuclear bomb that exploded into king's face?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 7, 2014 6:39 AM
Oct 2013
I dony think it was gay at all, the whole point was the unconditional love that the ants had for their king, in fact i believe real ants behave like that for their queen. Anyone know how many episodes are left for this arc? i heard 12 episodes
May 7, 2014 6:44 AM

Oct 2008
Terrible episode. The royal guards are completely devoted to their king. We get that. It's been established. Why did we get an episode almost entirely dedicated to the topic this late in the story? And Meruem is practically immortal. Great.... So as a villain or an ally, he is broken. No matter where the story goes after this arc. I'll be thinking: what is Meruem doing right now? Why is he playing gungi with Komugi when he should be pwning this new villain?

And I've been visiting this thread for a long time now. So frequents should know I don't bash every episode I don't like. This is actually the first time I posted a semi-rant about Hunter x Hunter 2011. It was just a bad episode.
May 7, 2014 6:52 AM

Jun 2012
n10sity said:
Terrible episode. The royal guards are completely devoted to their king. We get that. It's been established. Why did we get an episode almost entirely dedicated to the topic this late in the story? And Meruem is practically immortal. Great.... So as a villain or an ally, he is broken. No matter where the story goes after this arc. I'll be thinking: what is Meruem doing right now? Why is he playing gungi with Komugi when he should be pwning this new villain?

And I've been visiting this thread for a long time now. So frequents should know I don't bash every episode I don't like. This is actually the first time I posted a semi-rant about Hunter x Hunter 2011. It was just a bad episode.

Wait for it..... The story isn't finished yet is it?
May 7, 2014 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
The first half of this episode was so weird. I questioning what i was watching while watching the first half of this episode. Overall, it was an okay episode. Great animation, and nice build up for the next episode.
May 7, 2014 7:09 AM

Feb 2014
n10sity said:

It would be inconsistent to establish something and not act upon it. Showing is important after telling us. This is the most crucial moment of their relationships.
May 7, 2014 7:20 AM

Jun 2009
n10sity said:

Well, he was effectively dead if not for the royal guard "feeding" themselves to him. It's not like he walked out like he did by his own power and, like TonyTonyStark said, it is much more effective to see the depths of the Guard's devotion than to just hear about it.

Also, worrying about what he may or may not do after this arc is a bit premature. We have, what, eight episodes left? Who the hell knows what will happen from now on? I've mentioned a few other possibilities, but what if the government goes extreme and decides to bombard the palace with bombs, for example? Maybe they think the risk of having a Chimera Ant King around is too much and consider the possibility of killing no telling how many humans is worth it.

I think it's pretty apparent the Human's as a species has no desire to co-exist and/or bow down to a superior being. And, for that matter, we don't know how Meruem will act once he gets to the palace. Again, what if Komugi is killed before he can meet her for example?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 7, 2014 8:08 AM

Dec 2012
TonyTonyStark said:
n10sity said:

It would be inconsistent to establish something and not act upon it. Showing is important after telling us. This is the most crucial moment of their relationships.

No. This is just Togashi 100% trolling with his fans.
May 7, 2014 8:17 AM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
TonyTonyStark said:
n10sity said:

I see it as a mix of both, tbh.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 7, 2014 8:24 AM

Jul 2011
I haven't read the manga but it's looking like Meruem is being set up to be a Raizen type character from YYH and is probably headed for a similar fate.

n10sity said:
And Meruem is practically immortal. Great.... So as a villain or an ally, he is broken. No matter where the story goes after this arc. I'll be thinking: what is Meruem doing right now? Why is he playing gungi with Komugi when he should be pwning this new villain?

He won't be immortal if he stops eating humans/starves to death.
May 7, 2014 9:23 AM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
TonyTonyStark said:
n10sity said:

Is that so? If that's what you wish to believe, I'm happy for you.

@insane, about that cannibalism part, Meruem ate Peggy and Turtle ant remember?
I agree that it is a mix of both, damn guy can troll and immerse me at the same time.
May 7, 2014 9:32 AM

Jun 2009
TonyTonyStark said:

I agree that it is a mix of both, damn guy can troll and immerse me at the same time.

Nah, I'm with you completely on all that and I think all of that made sense given what we know about Meruem's ability.

I was talking about how it was handled. I mean, the guy had to know showing Youpi and Pouf basically having an orgasm was going to rub some people the wrong way. I actually love that he apparently didn't give a shit, though.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 7, 2014 9:35 AM

Feb 2014
insan3Spectre said:
TonyTonyStark said:

Nah, I'm with you completely on all that and I think all of that made sense given what we know about Meruem's ability.

I was talking about how it was handled. I mean, the guy had to know showing Youpi and Pouf basically having an orgasm was going to rub some people the wrong way. I actually love that he apparently didn't give a shit, though.

Neither did Madhouse, or the voice actors. In fact they seemed to be having fun!
May 7, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2009
Oh yeah, you can tell that Madhouse and the VA's just ran with it. Obviously this episode was one of things they had in mind when they switched to late night.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 7, 2014 10:35 AM
May 2014
OH MY GOD POUFU!!!
Amazingly funny part of this episode, just loveddddd it!!!
I WANT MORE OF POUF!!
May 7, 2014 11:12 AM

Feb 2012
insan3Spectre said:
TonyTonyStark said:

Yes course Togashi could have go the safer, conventional 'proper' way with just have them feeding 'properly' with 'proper' happiness. But screw being safe and conventional and sensitive! He want to go all out to depict what 'absolute orgasmic ecstasy" would be like. No holding back.

I think most Western audience are not familiar with the "food manga genre" cliche and tropes, so they can't connect what the scene is parodying about. I'm talking about manga like Chūka Ichiban, that often feature scenes where a food taster ate something heavenly delicious, and they went on an 'orgasmic rant' internally with heaven, angels background behind them...and say stuff like "what am I to do if I would never be able to taste this deliciousness again!!?!?"

The movie God Of Cookery parodied the same thing (with almost the same line).

And predictably of course there'd be so many butthurt boys yelling 'disgusting' 'worst thing ever" "my straightness is uncomfortable!!" (same reaction when the manga came out years ago) lol. so cliche.
kcacoMay 7, 2014 11:40 AM
May 7, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2011
What the hell did I just watch?
May 7, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
Terium said:
What the hell did I just watch?

The best anime ever
May 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
I've mixed feelings ....... happy for him to be alive and angry he is still alive xD
Dat priceless face of youpi :| I felt like I'm watching 10 minutes yaoi XD

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 7, 2014 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
Interestingly enough, orgasmic ecstasies are described (sometimes, extremely graphically) a lot in some eastern religions and mysticism. In most cases, the cause is completely non-sexual; just, as they say, extreme love (not necessarily romantic) for God. They see it as a natural consequence of humans coming into contact with a transcendental entity. In fact, to reach such a state is considered to be nearing to perfection in those religions.

The point is that such emotions need not be sexual or erotic of any sort -- homo or hetero. As I see it, the RG's display of such emotions in connection with Meruem is not really out of character -- it fits Meruem's God-like character. Not that I have anything against homo-eroticism (I don't. In fact, I interpret Killua, my all time fave, to be romantically in love with Gon), but calling Youpi or Pouf as ants which are gay for their King seems somewhat out of character IMO.
May 7, 2014 12:33 PM

Jun 2009
@ kcaco

I.....need to check out some of those food manga. That it is apparently a parody on top of everything else makes me like the sequence even more.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 7, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2012
insan3Spectre said:
@ kcaco

I.....need to check out some of those food manga. That it is apparently a parody on top of everything else makes me like the sequence even more.

There is one in Shonen Jump currently
May 7, 2014 2:53 PM

Aug 2013
Inwarded said:
oooo Godspeed Killua next ep should be hype.

YES! That's what I'm waiting for :D
May 7, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2012
insan3Spectre said:
@ kcaco

Toriko
May 7, 2014 3:10 PM

Feb 2013
TonyTonyStark said:
Alan_Henrik said:
TonyTonyStark said:

Request: Can someone who knows how to make GIFs do one where the King spins his wings around?

Thanks! Got a shorter one just for the last bit?

let's see if MAL let me post...

May 7, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2010
This was definitely weird, but good in its ways. So Meruem is alive, is he strong as before or weakened due to Netero's fight?
May 7, 2014 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
insan3Spectre said:
@ kcaco

I think the better reactions was from yakitate japan. Yeah, It's about bread. YT has some reactions compilations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_udYIvV6ps

Anyway, HxH continue to deliver the best anime in years, and not only with fights.
May 7, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2012
Funny and weird
Shonen!
May 7, 2014 6:15 PM

Feb 2012
Rannta said:
insan3Spectre said:
@ kcaco

I think the better reactions was from yakitate japan. Yeah, It's about bread. YT has some reactions compilations.

Anyway, HxH continue to deliver the best anime in years, and not only with fights.

lol the compile is awesome!
May 7, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
kcaco said:
Rannta said:
insan3Spectre said:
@ kcaco

Shokugeki no Souma has some pretty god like food reactions lol
May 7, 2014 7:11 PM

Jan 2012
This episode was better than 126 lol
you sound poor
May 7, 2014 10:56 PM

Jan 2010
Rannta said:
insan3Spectre said:
@ kcaco

Thanks to you I just watched 2 eps of this Yakitate anime and am fucking loving it!
May 8, 2014 12:38 AM

Jul 2013
^Yeah, this is Gold!

May 8, 2014 1:28 AM

Nov 2013
Akanezora said:
This was definitely weird, but good in its ways. So Meruem is alive, is he strong as before or weakened due to Netero's fight?
Neither, he's much stronger than when he fought Netero since he ate Youpi and Pouf he's basically a fusion of those two + himself and he has his own version of their abilities.
SCARY MONSTER
May 8, 2014 1:32 AM

Apr 2014
/quote]Neither, he's much stronger than when he fought Netero since he ate Youpi and Pouf he's basically a fusion of those two + himself and he has his own version of their abilities.

Wow that's just OP.. How the hell are they gonna stop him now? They're going to need a hyperbolic time chamber or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 1:37 AM

Nov 2013
No one can beat the King currently. Netero was the strongest hunter and he couldn't do shit.
SCARY MONSTER
May 8, 2014 1:39 AM

Apr 2014
GuusWayne said:
No one can beat the King currently. Netero was the strongest hunter and he couldn't do shit.

My point exactly. If someone ends up defeating the king, thats gonna be the biggest asspull ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 2:06 AM

Dec 2012
Oh yea, godspeed Killua!
May 8, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2014
ryuushogi said:
AJWilliams said:

My point exactly. If someone ends up defeating the king, thats gonna be the biggest asspull ever.
you will be surprised to know how he died

Im looking forward to it.
May 8, 2014 3:12 AM

Mar 2014
Yuppi and Pouf faaaaags :P

"im not worthy of your praise" FU POUF xDDD you should be thankfull a king acknowledges you!!!
May 8, 2014 3:49 AM
Apr 2014
Hey could you guys do me a favor and check out my Hunter x Hunter review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j9nlAeHWuk

I would love to get some feedback
May 8, 2014 4:25 AM

Jan 2010
SamuraiKing8 said:
Hey could you guys do me a favor and check out my Hunter x Hunter review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j9nlAeHWuk

I would love to get some feedback

Wow, balding already bro? Thats too bad, wear headband and move it up like LeBron.
May 8, 2014 5:01 AM

May 2011
Memory loss and reviving the dead back alive. What is this, Clannad After Story?
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
May 8, 2014 5:27 AM
Sep 2012
the beginning was so STUPID ... what the hell ?????
May 8, 2014 6:01 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not going to make a comment about the first half,I just can't.The second was decent,the story is going to it's climax. Damn pouf just die alreday,that punch from Knuckle was soooo good,I was a bit suprised,Knuckle is a MAN! Youpi why did you turn out like this? :P Hyped for next episode,Killua in action!
May 8, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
kcaco said:
Rannta said:
insan3Spectre said:
@ kcaco

Shokugeki no Souma has some pretty god like food reactions lol

Yep. For me, is the best manga of the current roster on shonen jump. An anime will be awesome.
May 8, 2014 9:40 PM

Jun 2013
Once again... didn´t watch about 2 month and caught up in one sitting. And sadly my opinion about this arc hasn´t changed.
75% is just boring, unnecessarily detailed or stretched out endlessly (like the first half of this episode oO).
The other 25% of it is extremely well written and fun to watch.

That´s kinda what is so sad about this show. The story and chars are great, but the time togashi takes to get to the point (after letting us go through so much unnecessary shit) is painful to watch.
Cut half of this arc and it could be the yorknew arc of this show (oh wait...)
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

54 by Otaku_4511 »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
4 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.