Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2014 4:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
No wonder Hanji is so smart in this series. Dem theories relating to Reiner and Imperial Government.

Oh my goodness, that went down brutal inside of town.Poor Erwin though. What a cliffhanger too, wow. I'm pretty hyped for the next chapter. Fight between the strongest is about to begin and I'm curious to see who will win this round.

Mod Edit: Please don't post links that redirect you to different websites/translated links
TyrelMay 3, 2014 9:58 PM
May 3, 2014 7:00 AM
Sep 2013
OMG, such a chapter. I didn't thought this would happen. This is pretty exciting and great... how much died last chapter? 3 man? and this chapter? 3 or even 4?
the anti human supression squad has some great weapons. as a human with 3dmg you're worthless.
but with this weapons they could also fight titans more easyly. one shot in the face and then slash the neck. omg omg omg. i love this politics, this conspirancy within it. it's sooo much like the real world. But who is the titan which is going to eat eren? oO
May 3, 2014 9:51 AM

Jun 2012
Erwin is gonna die next chapter. I feel it.
May 3, 2014 9:59 AM

Feb 2011
erwin \:
and dafek, who is that man srsly
May 3, 2014 10:58 AM
Mar 2014
Eat Eren... That's really interesting. Loving this twist. Goddamnit, Isayama.
May 3, 2014 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
omg! :0 I just read the translated version. Great chapter!
May 3, 2014 3:43 PM

Aug 2012
Sun-Destin said:
Levi can't die now, too early.

But Erwin... your time has come.
Levi won't die since didn't Isayama mention something about his popularity in the series and originally thinking of killing him off but wouldn't as it would upset Levi fans?
May 3, 2014 4:37 PM

Sep 2012
Damn, that chapter...

Hanji as the next commander? Awwww yis.

I can't wait to see the showdown between Levi and Captain Ackerman - I wasn't expecting them to be such intense enemies considering the mentor/mentee relationship they used to have.

I feel really bad for the Scouting Legion as well - the whole plan is going to shit and it had only just started. :| We also don't know where Eren and Historia have been taken yet.

I know the plan is for Eren to get eaten (which is just plain fucked up and wrong, despite the reasoning behind it) but I'm confused about how Historia fits into the whole thing. I know she's the real heir to the throne, is part of the Reiss family etc. but...I guess it'll all make sense when we finally meet Rod Reiss.

I hate having to wait a month for a new chapter. >.< The time always goes too slow.
May 3, 2014 10:46 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm, these past two chapters have been great ever since they introduced Captain Ackerman.
I really liked the new chapter and the new twist. Maybe Levi isn't related to Mikasa. The anti-Human 3-D Maneuver gear looks beast and the Levi fight looks like it will be cool.
Aww man I hope Eren can also eat other titan shifters and gain their abilities, that would be great.
May 4, 2014 1:22 AM

Feb 2013
You gotta be kidding me man... I'm scared as hell right now! I just want to now what's gonna happen. Oh, and Levi, you better win. You better.

May 4, 2014 3:01 AM
Apr 2014
Holy shit.This chapter was fucking awesome.That anti 3DMG is too epic.Erwin will probably die in next chapter even though i dont want to see that.
May 4, 2014 4:26 AM
Feb 2014
My thoughts on this chapter:

Well, they finally said it in black and white! Titans really are hunting for a Shifter on instinct to turn back, but they're too stupid to really tell the difference between humans and Shifters unless one is right in front of them. This is the first time a theory of mine about this series has been proven right!

As Hanji said, that just makes it even sadder in true SNK fashion. All of those horrific deaths were caused by innocent victims trying to escape their Titan forms.

Still, this was the real gem of this chapter for me, as I suspected Eren's info to Hanji was about that conversation and I couldn't wait to see what they would do with it.

So glad that we're finally getting some info on Levi and Captain Ackerman; I was expecting this whole "Levi's past" mystery to drag on for chapters upon chapters before even getting the slightest hint of what went on between the two of them.

I suspect Ackerman was offered a choice between being executed for his serial murders or becoming an enforcer for the conspiracy behind the Walls; after all they could use a ruthless and murderous mind like his to carry out assassinations.

Despite what everyone says, and Erwin naming Hanji his sucessor I REFUSE to believe he is going to die here; he's far too important, especially right now. They need his leadership, especially with the remains of the 104st starting to crack under pressure...plus, Erwin's one of my favorite chracacters, so...

Last thing: strangely enough, the whole "Eat Eren thing" was something I predicted, though I thought that was what the "Warriors"/"Hometown" had in store for Ymir, for similar reasons.

In both cases, you take power that a rebellious person has and transfer it to someone you can control. In this case it would be a confused and obviously shaken person who awakened from the "endless nightmare" of Titanhood and would easily cling to the first people who showed them kindness after that.

In the Warrior's case, it would mean another Shifter to help them with...well, whatever it is they're trying to do. In Reiss's case it obviously means he'll have a person with Coordinate power under his control and a Shifter.

Wait! What if Eren ate the black-haired mystery woman and that's how he gained her power and the ability to turn back?! Everyone insists Eren ate Grisha, but now we know that Grisha would have had to be a Shifter in order for Eren to regain his mind after his first transformation.
wanderinglandMay 4, 2014 4:29 AM
May 4, 2014 7:39 AM

Mar 2014
This leads me to ask, can a shifter gain other shifters powers? If eren eats another shifter does he have to do it in human form or titan form?
May 4, 2014 11:50 AM
Feb 2014
Pinkette said:
I know the plan is for Eren to get eaten (which is just plain fucked up and wrong, despite the reasoning behind it) but I'm confused about how Historia fits into the whole thing. I know she's the real heir to the throne, is part of the Reiss family etc. but...I guess it'll all make sense when we finally meet Rod Reiss.

I suspect that Lord Reiss isn't going to eat Eren himself or even attempt to. He needs a Titan to do it, and if I were him, I sure wouldn't turn myself into a monster and then risk being stuck that way if something goes wrong and he escapes.

I suspect that the Reiss faction has a sample of the Titan serum and that Rod Reiss is going to offer it to Historia so that she will become a Titan and devour Eren, gaining the Coordinate power. Then he has the power contained in someone who is implicitly close to him--his daughter.

Why? I can see them just attempting to make her do it, but I more expect temptations instead of outright force at first. Her father could offer to recognize her as a legitimate heir or simply to provide the love and belonging she's been looking for her whole life if only she sacrifices her humanity and one of her friends.

I know it's sort of "Luke, come to the Dark Side", but the situation seems plausible with what we know now and the resources the conspiracy seems to have.
wanderinglandMay 4, 2014 12:07 PM
May 4, 2014 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
Imo both of them will be harmed and one of them will flee. I can't really see the fight ending quickly.

Looks like a death flag for Erwin. :( Too bad, he is a good leader.
May 4, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Weak chapter
May 4, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Weak chapter

Really? And I thought this was a really good chapter. and one of the best chapter in a while? Guess you like the politics chapters an heavy dialogue a lot. Opinions though.
May 4, 2014 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
Hell yeah. Wonder what's happened to Erwin but Levi vs. Cpt Ackerman should be nice
May 4, 2014 6:00 PM

Apr 2014
The last few pages were pretty brutal. Next one should be good.
May 4, 2014 6:09 PM

Sep 2013
ooh shit, things are about to get intense. Kaney vs Levi, here we go. Levi, you better not lose against this throat slasher.

So much progression, so much revelation, so much shit went down and great setup at the end of the chapter and there's going to be character development for Levi. Can't wait for next chapter.
eunoia33May 4, 2014 6:32 PM

May 4, 2014 10:07 PM

Oct 2013
keragamming said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Weak chapter

Really? And I thought this was a really good chapter. and one of the best chapter in a while? Guess you like the politics chapters an heavy dialogue a lot. Opinions though.
It's not that, the pacing was kinda off, there was too much information at the beggining and too much action at the end.
May 4, 2014 11:42 PM

Mar 2014
UnoPuntoCinco said:
keragamming said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Weak chapter

It's not that, the pacing was kinda off, there was too much information at the beggining and too much action at the end.

Weird pacing does not make for a weak chapter. We were given lots of info and the story moved forward. I agree with the first part though, Flegel just annoyed me. But I liked the second bit, not exactly as hyped as everyone but I was impressed with Kaney -- Nifa's face was just blown off, kinda sad.
May 5, 2014 12:14 AM

Jan 2009
looks like Levi met his match and its his teacher
May 5, 2014 2:10 AM

Feb 2010
Excellent chapter. Serial killer eh.
May 5, 2014 2:40 AM

Jun 2008
sim0n2170 said:
Sun-Destin said:
Levi can't die now, too early.

But Erwin... your time has come.
Levi won't die since didn't Isayama mention something about his popularity in the series and originally thinking of killing him off but wouldn't as it would upset Levi fans?

Nope. There wasn't anything like that. Where did you get that information from? o-0 It was supposed to be Sasha who was supposed to die but he decided not to do it and planned something big for her instead. As for levi, he hadn't say anything yet. -lol i stalk isayama too much- :S
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2014 2:52 AM

Jun 2008
jreginald said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
keragamming said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Weak chapter

Weird pacing does not make for a weak chapter. We were given lots of info and the story moved forward. I agree with the first part though, Flegel just annoyed me. But I liked the second bit, not exactly as hyped as everyone but I was impressed with Kaney -- Nifa's face was just blown off, kinda sad.

+ 1

Let's count on the anime to fix this pacing. Also did anyone noticed that chapter was very very short this time for whatever the reason? It is usually 45 pages+? What's going on? x.X There are a lot of revelations in this chapter that made sense when you think about it. Glad that it wasn't something pulled out of nowhere. Anyway, I honestly don't think Erwin is going to die just yet, i can imagine him being the type of person who hates to die in vain so when he does die, it probably has some sort of meaning or purpose. It's just too sad that a lot of soldiers are dropping like flies without achieving anything. The civilians as usual are such narrow minded people, too afraid to question the government's authority and prefers to live their life in ignorance without ever seeking out the truth. How bad are their sense of security.....?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2014 2:56 AM

Oct 2013
Erwin appointed a new commander cause he knew hed be taken away.

What a chapter,slowly revealing the secrets.

Why does the number of pages per chapter drop every time.

Also i never understood why people complain about pacing and shit?
In this chapter we have talking,mystery revelations unexpected twists and at the end action that works as an intro to the next chapter.
Am i stupid for not noticing these "pacing" issues? Or are people that complain about them little princesses?

Chapter was beast,it gave us an overall plan of what everyone is doing/will be doing,nobody is sitting on his ass,right now they are fighting on 4 fronts.
Taimanin_IreliaMay 5, 2014 3:01 AM
May 5, 2014 3:16 AM

Aug 2012
Hanji being appointed new commander, more things getting revealed and Levi having a worthy match up, things are getting intense.
May 5, 2014 3:19 AM

Jun 2008
That new weapon though.....The caliber of that shot is big enough to blow a piece of the head off... wut <.>........ Looks like a gun but it's not.....
May 5, 2014 3:55 AM

Jun 2009
Hanji being appointed new commander

Okay this really confuses me, everyone is talking about it...and I didn't read anything about it. Was the translations I read that terrible or what? I actually think the versions I found aren't complete (they are all 35 pages long and stop right in the middle of the action). Can someone tell me how many pages the chapter actually had?

nevermind found it, was an incomplete version after all (that even randomly lacked pages in the middle, fuck that)
grandy_UiDMay 5, 2014 4:04 AM
May 5, 2014 3:57 AM
Feb 2013
Considering what has been said in this chapter, that could explain why Eren has visions of the woman who was with Krista. Her powers and memories may have been passed on to him??
May 5, 2014 4:22 AM

May 2013
That was a good chapter, so much just got revealed...
May 5, 2014 4:59 AM

Jun 2013
Dammit...SL is in threat of being dismantled...Looks like Levi's teacher is 1000 times better than him. Why it must be SL that always get the biggest losses.... Their ambush preparations where competently turned against them.

And Now people are against Scouting Legion....Well Erwin made quite good Speech before his arrest.

Damn this is getting more darker to the SL...this Situation might actually end the Worst Case Scenario: Full out Civil War of humans.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 5, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2011
At first I thought that girl was Armin and was like WTF, how could they kill him, but then I looked back at prevous pages and was like whew :D

May 5, 2014 6:31 AM

Aug 2010
Good chap.

So The morphing Titans are normal titans that have eaten other morphing ones? Interesting. I wonder how that's gonna play a role in the story?

Levi vs his Master came way faster than I thought :O Nxt chap should be nice ^^
May 5, 2014 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
gissellebatista said:
You gotta be kidding me man... I'm scared as hell right now! I just want to now what's gonna happen. Oh, and Levi, you better win. You better.
May 5, 2014 8:26 AM

Mar 2014
Noooo!! Nifa died! :(
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
May 5, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
_abhi_ said:
Holy shit.This chapter was fucking awesome.That anti 3DMG is too epic.Erwin will probably die in next chapter even though i dont want to see that.
I can feel it coming and I'm really not looking forward to that...ugh damnit it! WHY DOES ISAYAMA DO THIS TO US?! T-T
May 5, 2014 9:43 AM
Apr 2014
MuggleBorn said:
_abhi_ said:
I can feel it coming and I'm really not looking forward to that...ugh damnit it! WHY DOES ISAYAMA DO THIS TO US?! T-T
That's why i love snk
May 5, 2014 10:26 AM
Jul 2013
So, Zoe seems to have reached some conclusions about titan shifting. I'm really interested in knowing more about it.
and so it seems there are doubts within the group...should they continue, or should they stop?
What Jean says has some logic in it. Killing people is definately hard.
But I thought it'd be better if they trusted levi.
And going back to Levi, Why. Must. this. person. suffer. so. much.
First, Petra and the others and now THIS? what has he done to deserve seeing his comrades die in front of him?
Though I am interested in what he said about growing up with that neck slasher guy.
Wow. Amazing.
May 5, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2011
Holy.....
Shit just got real in this episode.

Loved that Hanji would become the next commander, although it would mean that Erwin would be dead in the next chapter or soon :(

Is that the Anti-Human 3DMG that they used at the end when they killed 3 members of Survey Corps? Looks really powerful and scary. Would be interesting how Levi can cope with that using only his blade and 3DMG.
May 5, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
good chapter but short.
May 5, 2014 12:52 PM
Feb 2014
dedeogbe said:
Considering what has been said in this chapter, that could explain why Eren has visions of the woman who was with Krista. Her powers and memories may have been passed on to him??

My thoughts exactly. Now that we know for sure that a Titan has to eat a Shifter in order to return to human form, it's almost impossible that Eren ate his father to become a Shifter himself, so I'm guessing Eren ate her instead (not that he couldn't have eaten Grisha before that, but it wouldn't have done him any good.)

Also, a side note about the mysterious woman--did anyone notice the time-difference in the two flashbacks, Eren's and Historia's? It's subtle, but if you look closely she is noticeably older in Historia's memory. With Historia she seems to be a young adult and with Eren she seems to have been a teenager.

Not really important (though who knows with this manga) but still interesting.
May 5, 2014 2:06 PM
May 2014
Is there something I'm missing? If eating a shifter passes on its abilities.... then why the hell did the Titan that ate Eren at the start of the series didn't return to normal or gain the coordinate?

I smell a plot-hole or a cop-out.
May 5, 2014 2:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The translation was pretty bad so I'm hoping to read a better one soon, but this Shifter business explains why they want Eren so badly.

Massive death flag by Erwin naming Haji as his successor. The next chapter should be really interesting.

BTW, we haven't actually seen a Titan in a really long time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2014 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
fafonio said:
Is there something I'm missing? If eating a shifter passes on its abilities.... then why the hell did the Titan that ate Eren at the start of the series didn't return to normal or gain the coordinate?

Did Eren die? Maybe Eren have to be digested before he can get back to normal. Just like how food needs to be digest first before we get the nutrients. Use your head.
May 5, 2014 2:14 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
fafonio said:

Did Eren die? Maybe Eren have to be digested before he can get back to normal. Just like how food needs to be digest first before we get the nutrients. Use your head.

Then every shifter that would be eaten would transform inside the Titans and nobody would have their abilities transferred. Eren didn't know he was a shifter at that point, but if a shifter gets eaten... then... why not transform while you're being "digested". It's not that I don't use my head, but your answer was nonsensical.

Also, telling me to use my head while you use assumptions with words like "maybe" is not giving a definite answer, you're just assuming... as well as I am.

If I was a shifter and was about to be eaten by a Titan... I would immediately transform. This "eating shifters" is making little to no sense........ UNLESS some people are shifters and they don't even know they possess that abilities, like Eren or Reindholt's friend.
fafonioMay 5, 2014 2:18 PM
May 5, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
fafonio said:
keragamming said:
fafonio said:

Then every shifter that would be eaten would transform inside the Titans and nobody would have their abilities transferred. Eren didn't know he was a shifter at that point, but if a shifter gets eaten... then... why not transform while you're being "digested". It's not that I don't use my head, but your answer was nonsensical.

Also, telling me to use my head while you use assumptions with words like "maybe" is not giving a definite answer, you're just assuming... as well as I am.

How can they transform when they are getting chewed? Eren got swallowed, Big difference. I'm also sorry for saying use your head. I just thought it was obvious

Ymir clearly ate meaning bit reiner and bertholt friend. Not swallowed him.
May 5, 2014 2:25 PM
May 2014
How can they transform when they are getting chewed? Eren got swallowed, Big difference. I'm also sorry for saying use your head. I just thought it was obvious.

Just imagine this scenario.... a Titan grabs you, BAM, you transform. A Titan puts you in his mouth, BAM, you transform again. Even if you saw a Titan in front of you about to eat you, you would immediately transform. Unless there are people that are shifters and they just don't know, which brings possible theories to mind.

Also, Eren got chewed, he lost an arm and a leg and on the brink of dying. I just can't help to feel this was a bit of a cop-out.... but hey, maybe later they can come up with an explanation
May 5, 2014 2:26 PM
May 2014
Sorry guys if Erwin dies it would for me an alas poor scrappy moment. Erwin's behavior during the series was something i didn't like. Specially the part where he causes the deaths of half the squad that went to retrieve Eren, and the speech he gave to Dimo Reeve's body i half liked and half felt irritated. Mikasa I loathe, which is a shame because at the beggining of the story she was my favorite character. And Levi i have started to dislike due to the increase in his jerkass behaviour and for what he did to Historia in the previous chapter. If Historia does become queen i am voting for a kick to Levi's face. Everything Sasha, Jean and Connie said about him were my thoughts put into manga text. I think Eren really killed his father remember what hanji said about what titan Eren wrote on the ground. God do i feel sorry for Flegel Reeves. For some reason i view his speech about how people shouldn't critique how others choose to live and then as a take that to how Eren feels about people living inside the walls. I mean yeah your stuck in a place the size of a country but life still happens there. And outside are the monsters that want to eat you alive. Oh god do i hope the mangaka continues the storyline with a theme of the readers judging the characters actions and motivations, because i don't want the manga to become like naruto. What i mean to say is I don't want everything one character says become the only opinion and correct way to act, cause that would be just stupid.
Congratulations for those that figured out about how titans return to human form. I never figured out. I was suprised when they revealed that. Same way I was surprised when Erwin said that if the king gives a good reason for maintaining the charade, Erwin would stop fighting against them (this was the moment I almost started to like Erwin again, almost). The trio Jean, Sasha, Connie continue to be the characters i like that most. The same can be said about the titan shifters. Yes i know Its hypocritical of me to like the titan trio and hate Levi, Erwin and Mikasa. Sue me. Historia's character arc I didnt get on aboard at first, but last chapter i felt really sorry for her. The poor girl spent years living as another person, and now that she has started to become her old self (or something), she gets trusted into a new role (the role to be queen), invalidating what she started to accomplish. Sorry for being so long.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.