Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
May 2, 2014 9:04 AM

But most people that I've met that like anime are kinda normal.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.

May 2, 2014 9:08 AM

Normal humans don't exist, everybody is strange.

May 2, 2014 9:42 AM

Most people who watch anime aren't strange. Just a small number of them are....um..

._. Which is why I'm a closet anime fan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 2, 2014 10:08 AM

Nope, they're just like other people.
STOP DISCRIMINATION NOW!
IntelligentPerson said:
You can block their mac address
OtherPerson said:
Mac? But I'm on Windows.

May 2, 2014 10:13 AM

In Washington it seems that all real otakus are really anti social. It's like a disease. I was quite popular until I started watching anime. Now I'm a recluse. But still not as bad as most of the people I know. I don't really look like the anime type. I guess I give off the street kid Stoner vibe so I don't get grouped in with those "anime fags"

May 2, 2014 10:14 AM

Well anime is weird and different than the normof non Japanese countries.It exposes fans to weird things. This causes fans to be weird, and proud =d
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"

May 2, 2014 12:21 PM

Yes, deal with it.

May 2, 2014 1:30 PM

Those who don't watch anime are strange.

May 2, 2014 1:33 PM

A0me said:
Those who don't watch anime are strange.
They come from the landof Sanity and Stabilization, with no deep meaning at all.

We are not like this.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"

May 2, 2014 1:43 PM

People who watch a lot anime averagely seem to be a bit weird at least in my experience.
weird_maybe said:
Most people who watch anime aren't strange. Just a small number of them are....um..

._. Which is why I'm a closet anime fan.

That guy sounds a lot like one of my mate.

May 2, 2014 1:44 PM

ScazoN said:
anime-cat said:
This is experience from when I ran my anime club.
Anime clubs are just....WEIRDDDDD.
^ Op I think that's half the problem right there. A lot of the people that try and join or make an anime club will often be socially retarded and weird. There are exceptions here and there of course.

I think the anime community has a lot of weirdos, but it also has plenty and plenty of normal people as well, they just happen to be the quieter ones.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

May 2, 2014 1:44 PM
Most of the anime fans I've met at cons/clubs haven't been as strange as some of the weeaboo stories I've heard about here and on reddit(http://www.reddit.com/r/weeabootales/top/?sort=top&t=all).

May 2, 2014 3:17 PM

ThePandaManCan said:
Most of the anime fans I've met at cons/clubs haven't been as strange as some of the weeaboo stories I've heard about here and on reddit(http://www.reddit.com/r/weeabootales/top/?sort=top&t=all).

I don't think I should call anyone crazy ever again because that person is pretty much a walking definition of insane, holy momma

edit: whoops was referring to this: http://i.imgur.com/beJNLjx.png

May 2, 2014 3:20 PM

OP you run an anime club. Now that is fucking strange. You are just in denial. Please define normal and how you categorize yourself in this grouping.

May 2, 2014 4:05 PM

Yeah, anime itself is pretty strange and you have to be at least a little strange or very understanding to like it

May 2, 2014 4:16 PM
i used to run a university anime club op, and damn there were some weird people that attended. the two 40-year-old man children were definitely the weirdest of the lot, they were about double every other member's age. one of them was a lolicon, and the other was a mechaphile.

May 2, 2014 4:22 PM

The normal ones tend to keep it to themselves.

May 2, 2014 4:30 PM

I'm in high school, i have a girlfriend and friends. Don't see myself as that strange.

May 2, 2014 6:57 PM

Some of them, when they start to mix fiction with reality that's creepy. I know a girl who would shout random japanese things like "Anpan!" and a guy who would have something from Naruto all the time, weirdo. But if it makes them happy, whatever.
There's no such thing as a painless lesson.
They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary.
You can't gain anything without losing something first.
Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it,
you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.
Yeah, a heart made fullmetal.
- Fullmetal Alchemist

May 2, 2014 7:01 PM
I'm the perfect definition of normal.

THE RED KING

May 2, 2014 7:06 PM

Bunch of weirdos and their creepy Chinese cartoons.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

May 2, 2014 8:09 PM
I'm gonna be trully honest here, I haven't met many anime fans in my whole life, the ones I know are the members of this community. Most of those I've met IRL creeped me the fuck out.
They completely lacked any kind of social interaction skill, they acted weird, talked to themselves loudly, loved screaming random japanese words.. Bunch of fucking weirdos. I understand that people like to express themselves but many of them overreact. Making them and the rest of the anime comunity look like weirdos.

I don't believe everyone is like that, I just had bad luck with the people I've met they were Otaku? (sp?) But yeah besides that I've also met 1 or 2 who enjoy anime a lot yet they're pretty normal and chill people. Too bad that the example I gave is the most vocal one making the rest look bad.

May 2, 2014 8:09 PM

Everybody's strange in their own way - Me

May 2, 2014 8:17 PM

Some are weeboos, some are otakus, and some are just anime fans.

May 2, 2014 9:44 PM

I avoid most anime related activities or people in real life. I'm pretty 'normal', well liked, and chill by society's standards so seeing weeaboos irl kinda disgusts me. Most of the anime fans I've met irl lack any social skill, got such an awkward, unpleasing demeanor with the nasally voice and they're ugly as fuck.

(Sorry.)

May 2, 2014 9:47 PM

It's about how you present yourself.

May 3, 2014 2:57 AM

I'd imagine most are weird because most probably don't leave their house. I've been to a convention 2 years in a row now, and i've noticed you meet a lot of normal looking nice and outgoing anime fans there. I think thats the place to meet the ones who are publicly presentable honestly. just a bunch of fun people enjoying a weekend of anime.

May 3, 2014 3:30 AM

Well, I am weird. *cough* If poking other people's cheeks and such counts. Only if I kinda know them though, so don't worry *cough* Don't want to speak for other persons though.

May 3, 2014 4:01 AM

I consider myself normal.
And everyone I know who is into anime are normal people too.
So, it just kind of differs from person to person IMO.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.

May 3, 2014 6:51 AM

I think yes, because most people defend anime with their own lives and don't have other interest. Or that what I see in people. Most of these people are in 12 to 15 years.

May 3, 2014 10:56 AM

For the most part I'd just consider most of them geeks and well everyone's a little bit strange.

May 3, 2014 11:49 AM
About half of the anime community I hate to associate with, consisting of the percentage of unkempt hambeasts and high school-esque douches, disregarding age, and even those that, granted, are slightly more approachable, e.g., dub haters. With all my doubt, it's not a stretch to say that balance within the fanbase is far from eventuality.

In the end, the anime community as a whole is "unique", per say, in it's own being.

May 3, 2014 11:55 AM
I think there is a difference between anime being a hobby and an obsession.

Usually, the anime clubbers that I've met bordered on the obsession, while I view anime as a hobby...that I occasionally over indulge in.

There's too much variety in the general anime watcher population to say that all are weird. It's just a minority, I think.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

May 3, 2014 12:08 PM

Most people who watch anime are filthy casuals. So yes?
Too Old To Die Young

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

May 3, 2014 12:20 PM

Strange is a funny word. We're all freaks and weirdos in our own way and thank god for that else life would suck. Now if you are WataMote then some habits need to be adjusted.

May 3, 2014 1:03 PM

There is a group of like stereotypical white otakus at my college, like op said, they're nasally, weird humor, and not really attractive at all.. They LOOK like what an otaku is stereotypical suppose to look like. I havent ever spoken to them at all. I did say to one dude who was wearing an attack on titan hoodie that i liked it, but thats it really. It's funny, he looked really surprised I knew what it was - I look nothing like a stereotypical otaku xD None of the people I hang out with watch anime, and occasionally they'd comment on how I looked tired and I'd be like 'was watching anime until 3am, living on the edge mutharfuckarrr' but thats it. I've never heard of a proper anime club before though. These guys are just kinda a group of social rejects and lesbians who hang out on the top floor of the cafe building xD But theres a lot of 'normal' people who watch anime, they just don't go about being all 'uguuu'. I used to be captain of the rounders team when I was at school, as an otaku ^^

May 3, 2014 1:17 PM

The Anime club at my college were pretty normal. I only went once to check it out and I decided to not go there again since it seemed like everyone knew each other and I felt kind of left out. They were discussing a video game competition with the VG club and it was funny because the VG club rep suggested a game and the other would reject it because it wasn't Japanese. It was a while before they agreed on a game.
I also didn't want to go because it was the first time that I'd seen a slice of life anime. I felt really weird and everyone had a serious face and they laughed at certain parts. Sure it was kind of enjoyable but it felt odd. I expected some action packed anime or discussion. Maybe I should have gone one more time. I'm a little more cool with slice of life anime but that time felt weird.

But that wasn't the strangest club it. It was the video game club.

Fuck your eyes.

May 3, 2014 2:49 PM

All what i can say is, i'm jealous of people who have joined or have a chance to join anime club.. ._.

I have to say yes and no.
People who watch anime can be a "little" strange and weird, who consider anime as the most important thing in their life (God help those who calls or compares anime to cartoons!) From the "normal" human being view these people are considered as unnormal mostly because of their looks, speech interests (by interests i mean hot, boobed 2D girls) etc. No one understands them. (how sad, i know.. :C )

And there can be people who consider anime as a entertainment or even just a normal hobby. They do not take it so seriously ( to another level).. And that's why the "normal" human beings are not paying attention to them..

It all depends on your personality, not even from the fact that you watch anime or not. Some people are strange by nature, not effected from side effects. We all are different. ( you don't say.. :S )

Well i'm definitely a weirdo.. I hear it from everybody, it's not that i'm proud of it, it's me, and i'm proud of my self no matter who i am and what others think. :3
Modified by Katsu-kun, May 3, 2014 2:53 PM

May 3, 2014 3:01 PM

are you trying to insult those who watch anime on anime forum ?

May 3, 2014 3:03 PM
Satan-sama said:
are you trying to insult those who watch anime on anime forum ?
that was your post #1337

I dont think OP wanted to insult anybody...

May 3, 2014 4:37 PM

anime-cat said:
This is experience from when I ran my anime club. I ended up having about 2 meetings because they were all such outcasts of society. They were so stereotypical, they had the nasal voice, the weird humour and they weren't very pleasing to the eyes either. There was just myself and one guy who were normal (as mean as this sounds).
This isn't just my experience, my brother joined an anime club at his university ages ago and he ended quiting because the members were just so antisocial and took anime to such an extreme level.

Honestly, I'm not trying to discriminate, but I don't see myself as being even half as strange as some of the people who came to the club. I'm not at the top of the school hierarchy but I am friends with the people who are.

So what are the majority of people who watch anime like?
You and me both, OP. We share the same experience. I was actually shocked when I first went to a Anime club in my school to discuss about anime. Biggest mistake of my life.

May 3, 2014 5:55 PM

Oh. I never know people who watch anime are that special. :P

Strange people are strange, if you see some strange people and they like anime, doesn't mean other anime fans are like that. You know, IRL I can't even tell who likes anime and who doesn't.

May 3, 2014 5:59 PM

We're all ugly male basement dwellers. I thought that was a given?

May 3, 2014 6:02 PM

people that are really into comics are weirder

May 3, 2014 7:42 PM
She Hug

Yes, but in a variety or ways aside form the typical nasally voice and odd references of which most people won't get.

May 3, 2014 11:36 PM

I would say no, I am strange but not in the socially awkward way. I have an eclectic taste. For the most part I think that you won't get as many anime fans like me into a group because I simply don't need a specific group whose only topic is anime. I have a few good friends who like anime who are also like me, we grew up together and all happened to like anime, now so does my brother. For the most part we B.S. about anime in passing and then go about doing something akin to mountain biking, hiking, having a bonfire, drinking, fixing things, going on adventures. I have one friend I occasionally have anime nights with.

May 3, 2014 11:44 PM

"Are most people who watch anime strange?"

Well not necessarily. It's just like asking "are most ppl who watch hollywood/american movies strange?". There are lots of types of ppl who watch anime. But me, for one, might be (or is) considered 'strange' by normal standards. If I go outside, I'd avoid getting myself involved with anyone, unless I really need to. On most days, I would stay in my room and only go out to the kitchen to eat, or bathroom/toilet to shower and do 'business'.

There might be normal watchers, but there might also be some who's running away from reality, like me, which would then act all 'strange' coming from a normal pair of eyes, if we interact with people.
''俺はいつになったら自由になれるんだろう…''

May 4, 2014 7:15 AM

So far in my life I never met an overly obsessive, obnoxious anime fans (I don't think you can even call them 'fans' anymore) and even the most odd one is a very normal and healthy person. But again I have never met many anime fans IRL. I am not too secretive about my interest in anime but after reading this thread I don't think I will join any anime-related clubs in uni
Modified by peacefulkorean, May 4, 2014 8:10 AM

May 4, 2014 8:47 AM

Being the head boy of my school right now, I can say that despite we have a an anime /manga club, I hate to admit it but I see them being ostracized from the majority around school. I've went to the club once myself to see how things are like, people have their own social groups EVEN in the anime/manga club, its ironic, but also funny to an extent.

Strange is bit ambiguous, but if you mean socially awkward, then I guess that diction best fits the scene of the anime club as of today at my school.

May 4, 2014 9:05 AM

For me watching anime has been a private thing, I don't really talk about it much to friends. As far as joining anime clubs go I tend to avoid joining such groups. For one I don't see any utility I would gain from joining the group, and most of the people there are weird and I rather not be associated with them.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »