Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 2014 3:36 PM

Mar 2013
i heard reviews about but , i want know from the best on this site. since everyone here is freaking God
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2009
are you looking for a fight? you totally believe the internet hates you? 3 of your threads so far is mocking every user in here

as for the topic yes summer wars is very enjoyable
May 1, 2014 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
Summer Wars was a great watch
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
May 1, 2014 3:40 PM

Dec 2012
Yes. I thought it was very enjoyable.
May 1, 2014 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
It's okay. The worst of Mamoru Hosoda's work I would say.
May 1, 2014 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
I heard it was ok, but its really pretty.
May 1, 2014 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
Personally, I felt like it was only okay.
But if you have ever watched this Digimon movie: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2397/Digimon_Adventure:_Bokura_no_War_Game, then it feels like a complete waste because almost everything was carried over from the Digimon movie to Summer Wars. It really took away from my enjoyment because I had already seen something like it before and it felt like barely any imagination or effort was put into its making (since Mamoru Hosoda directed the Digimon movie as well).

If you haven't seen that movie, I think you're probably find it pretty enjoyable but probably not as strong as his other works like Wolf Children.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

May 1, 2014 3:58 PM

Mar 2013
Slyr3do0n said:
the digimon movie?
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

May 1, 2014 4:05 PM

Jun 2011
mattbenz99 said:
Slyr3do0n said:
the digimon movie?

Please explain why the Digimon movie is worse than Summer Wars. They are basically carbon copies of one another though one is aimed more at kids.
[/size]

May 1, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2012
Do cats like yarn balls and bags?

The answer is yes good sir!

Its a beautifully animated film by MADHOUSE (who have done works like Trigun and Death Note) and directed by Hasoda (who did Wolf Children). It has a wonderful theme of family and the power families have when together. Its got a lot of heart and even a cute romance in it to boot. The storyline is pretty all right too. Nothing that hasn't been done before (online learning computer program that becomes powerful and causes trouble), but it has a few unique twists to it (the internet has become so advanced that it now controls nearly everything and has its own MMO-like virtual world). The fight scenes in it are fun to watch too (King Kazuma will likely become your favorite character).
May 1, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2014
me dun knoe ur tastes and preferences

can u go look at some1 den tell me if u get turned on
then taste someone and tell me what flavor u closely tasted.

neways me thought it was okay. it was like average? something u watch to pass time
Whats That? You think my username is Pretty?! Me too!!....... until I found out it was the name of a JAV actress whom I dont even know.
May 1, 2014 7:09 PM

Feb 2014
Summer Wars plot is the same as the digimon movie. Then again the directors are the same...

Anyways it is a beautiful anime that shows the power and unity of a family. Brings some real pride and joy to your heart. It has a lot of characters that simply don't have time to be properly developed outside of the main two. Btw the grandmother is the best :D

Real heartwarming story definitely go watch it.
May 1, 2014 7:19 PM

Mar 2013
xmaikokoro said:
mattbenz99 said:
Slyr3do0n said:
the digimon movie?

Please explain why the Digimon movie is worse than Summer Wars. They are basically carbon copies of one another though one is aimed more at kids.
the digimon movies was 3 movies thrown together because they couldnt get permission to make 3 movies. summer wars is just the 2nd movie but done with enough time to get it done properly

also this:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/35807-digimon-the-movie-with-jesuotaku
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

May 1, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
kamina777 said:
i heard reviews about but , i want know from the best on this site. since everyone here is freaking God

Thank you for praising me, i shall make sure heaven has a spot for you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 7:35 PM

Jun 2011
mattbenz99 said:
xmaikokoro said:
mattbenz99 said:
Slyr3do0n said:
the digimon movie?

the digimon movies was 3 movies thrown together because they couldnt get permission to make 3 movies. summer wars is just the 2nd movie but done with enough time to get it done properly

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't that have to do with the localization? I believe the original movie was aired as a standalone in Japan but when localized, they stuffed 3 movies into one. I guess that's beside the point though.

If you're saying that Summer Wars was given time to actually develop its characters into good ones, I disagree because that is like comparing apples to oranges. The Digimon movie didn't need to really have large elaborations on characters because it is a movie to a series that had developed the characters already, and thus, it did not focus on characterization.
Meanwhile, since Summer Wars is a standalone, it is not quite fair to compare those two in terms of a more detailed characterization and plot because Summer Wars will undoubtedly win in that comparison just because of what it is.

EDIT: Just saw you posted a clip. Unfortunately, I can't comment on it because I can't listen to audio at the moment.
xmaikokoroMay 1, 2014 7:39 PM
[/size]

May 1, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
xmaikokoro said:
mattbenz99 said:
xmaikokoro said:
mattbenz99 said:
Slyr3do0n said:
the digimon movie?

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't that have to do with the localization? I believe the original movie was aired as a standalone in Japan but when localized, they stuffed 3 movies into one. I guess that's beside the point though.

If you're saying that Summer Wars was given time to actually develop its characters into good ones, I disagree because that is like comparing apples to oranges. The Digimon movie didn't need to really have large elaborations on characters because it is a movie to a series that had developed the characters already, and thus, it did not focus on characterization.
Meanwhile, since Summer Wars is a standalone, it is not quite fair to compare those two in terms of a more detailed characterization and plot because Summer Wars will undoubtedly win in that comparison just because of what it is.

EDIT: Just saw you posted a clip. Unfortunately, I can't comment on it because I can't listen to audio at the moment.
listen i can only talk about what was on the dvd i bought when i was a kid but considering that mal puts the digimon movie as 1 movie and not 3 i assume that this was still the case in japan. also the movie was targeted at non digimon fans also. so a large part of the target audience wouldnt just have the movie to go on and nothing else
mattbenz99May 1, 2014 7:51 PM

May 1, 2014 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
Yes its good but it wasn't anything special.
May 1, 2014 8:02 PM
Dec 2013
Yes, it was so worth it.
May 1, 2014 8:13 PM

Jun 2011
mattbenz99 said:
listen i can only talk about what was on the dvd i bought when i was a kid but considering that mal puts the digimon movie as 1 movie and not 3 i assume that this was still the case in japan. also the movie was targeted at non digimon fans also. so a large part of the target audience wouldnt just have the movie to go on and nothing else

Actually, MAL has it on three separate entries:
This is the first one: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2961/Digimon_Adventure_Movie
Second one: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2397/Digimon_Adventure:_Bokura_no_War_Game
Third one: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2962/Digimon_Adventure_02:_Digimon_Hurricane_Jouriku!!_/_Chouzetsu_Shinka!!_Ougon_no_Digimental

I don't know how the last point can really be true because you have got to know quite a bit about Digimon in order to understand those films. They used keywords like Digivolving, Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega a lot, like you should have known it beforehand. The relationship between all of the characters were things we had to have known before too otherwise it would feel like they pulled a million Deus ex Machina in terms of getting help from people like Matt, T.K., and their Digimon.
But in any case, I don't think the Digimon movie is his worst work. Considering the time gap between the Digimon Movie and Summer Wars, I really expected him to have really refined Summer Wars. Instead, it's pretty much an outline of the Digimon Movie. All the major events that took place in Summer Wars has an exact equivalent in the Digimon Movie and none of the characters are particularly well-written in Summer Wars either. Therefore, I find Summer Wars to be his weakest work because he had produced something so similar to it already without really making any great improvement. And in addition to that, its also lacks its own uniqueness to make it stand out because an extremely similar film had already be done. But of course, it's just my opinion.
[/size]

May 1, 2014 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Ha, this guy.

Yeah, it's good.

Same guy who directed the Digimon Movie.

I guess this is his way of correcting his mistakes.
May 1, 2014 9:43 PM

Jan 2014
Movie was pretty good. Still preferred the Digimon movie though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 1, 2014 10:25 PM

Jun 2009
I think it was underwhelming.
May 2, 2014 12:11 AM

Apr 2013
For me, it's not that good.
AirStyles said:
I think it was underwhelming.
This too.

May 2, 2014 12:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It was a great watch, perfect family film with beautiful visuals and a lot of entertainment value, definitely recommended

and yes it's very similar to the digimon movie
May 2, 2014 12:40 AM

Jan 2011
If you care enough to make a thread you already have an interest in it, so just go watch.
May 2, 2014 1:16 AM
Dec 2013
OF COURSE YO! KAZUMA IS THE BEST.
May 2, 2014 1:17 AM

Dec 2012
Watch Wolf children instead
May 2, 2014 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
Thread moved to proper anime sub-board.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 14, 2014 2:49 AM
Nov 2010
It was a fine anime, but by no means perfect.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Aug 25, 2017 4:21 AM

Nov 2009
It was pretty much perfect, and I didn't watch any Digimon movie, so I don't care if they are similar.
Aug 25, 2017 5:23 AM

Oct 2015
A great anime, you should absolutely watch it
Mar 8, 2020 8:30 AM
Aug 2017
Well it takes the saying "just turn your mind off" to another level.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summer Wars Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zvuc - Aug 21, 2009

426 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 13, 6:32 PM

» Is it good?

kam1n0 - Nov 13, 2021

20 by domine »»
Oct 31, 2022 5:46 PM

» Metaverse

BeholdTheSkipper - Jan 5, 2022

1 by GabyShimizu »»
Jan 5, 2022 12:05 PM

» By Math Olympics, did they mean Kenji is a possible IMO qualifier?

Uji_Gintoki_Bowl - Aug 23, 2021

1 by DuSK_iKaISeR »»
Aug 23, 2021 1:49 PM

» Man it's been 11 year since it's realise

Sam_Emon - Apr 1, 2020

0 by Sam_Emon »»
Apr 1, 2020 9:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.