Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty lovely ending I must say while a bit open still quite a nice way to finish of the series and well I wonder what the ova episodes have to offer us so let's see what's next!

Other than that this anime was pretty good!
Jun 13, 2014 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
not bad at all, was a short and fun show, hope I find some more hidden gems in these older animes
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 15, 2014 8:30 PM

Dec 2008
I personally found the ending terrible. Seriously, one of the worst endings I ever saw. I watched this series over a year ago and I still have everything fresh in my memory precisely because of how memorably bad it was. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was going well until episode 7 but after that it just got weird and they chose the worst possible ending they would have chosen... until I watch the OVAs that is. They managed to fuck it up even worse. For those of you who don't know, the OVAs have an alternative ending.
Now I'm even scared to look at the manga. It has yet another different ending from what I've heard. It must be abysmal.
I still can't get over it after a year because the anime was promising and had everything going for it to deliever a good finale but no... I spent a whole day watching this and then I get the most predictable and boring end.

It just completely ruined it for me and now I can't even say anything positive about DNA2...
May 1, 2016 10:26 PM

May 2010
LOl honestly there is just something about old anime that connects you to an emotional level.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 3, 2016 6:14 PM

Jun 2007
A really bad adaptation of a fairly average manga. At least the manga attempted to make any of this make sense (the power ups and all are related to psychic abilities).
Mar 5, 2018 12:43 PM

Nov 2015
can i add the aovs/ovas in myanimelist?

💢

Mar 15, 2019 10:46 PM

Nov 2016
It was a pretty enjoyable anime(heck I even watched it in one go) but I didn't really like the tone shift to action and drama during the last couple of episodes.

Looking forward to the OVA.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2019 12:53 AM

Dec 2015
@FMmatron Katsura wanted to do HIS thing: (super-hero) action; the JUMP wanted him to do what his name was selling: romcom. €ust look at his carreer.
So, what could he do? A few action elements integrated (the sf plot, the SSJ, the ESP powers, the thugs, etc) from the beginning and a few "battles" here and there plus a super-villain creation. I think that worked quite well for a transitional work.
The author was so into it, he came with explanations for the power, tables, levels. XD

The fact the anime removed a few transitions or chapters here and there, pushed the action parts in the corner did not help either. The balance was not good compared to the superior manga, even though the adaptation was okay. (not talking about the OAVs who totally missed the last couple of chapters thanks to oversimplification)

The things the anime has over the manga: Blurry Eyes (L'Arc-en-Ciel), Hayashibara Megumi (Tomoko here, Lina Inverse, Ranma, Ayanami Rei, Faye Valentineetc).
Rei_IIIMar 16, 2019 12:59 AM
Mar 16, 2019 2:10 AM

Nov 2016
Rei366 said:
@FMmatron Katsura wanted to do HIS thing: (super-hero) action; the JUMP wanted him to do what his name was selling: romcom. €ust look at his carreer.
So, what could he do? A few action elements integrated (the sf plot, the SSJ, the ESP powers, the thugs, etc) from the beginning and a few "battles" here and there plus a super-villain creation. I think that worked quite well for a transitional work.
The author was so into it, he came with explanations for the power, tables, levels. XD

The fact the anime removed a few transitions or chapters here and there, pushed the action parts in the corner did not help either. The balance was not good compared to the superior manga, even though the adaptation was okay. (not talking about the OAVs who totally missed the last couple of chapters thanks to oversimplification)

The things the anime has over the manga: Blurry Eyes (L'Arc-en-Ciel), Hayashibara Megumi (Tomoko here, Lina Inverse, Ranma, Ayanami Rei, Faye Valentineetc).

I see, good to know and thanks for that. Yet another reason to check out the manga. I eventually planned to do it anyway for the sake of comparison, but this is legit a real reason to give it higher priority.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2019 10:19 AM

Apr 2019
Yeeeah all this super villain part was 100% bullshit. It took too much screen time and it didn't deliver what the show deserved. It is unfortunate we lost that much time for this, it would have been way better to keep the story progressing as it was before that.

After that part was over, the remaining scenes were interesting, portraying what was already expected. Still, the ending was ok, Junta and Ami are fine with each other again.

You know what? I'll kinda miss this crew, huh

Time to watch the OVA!
Sep 18, 2020 5:19 PM

Feb 2014
The ending was pretty predictable, but at least Ami declared her feeling, which is more that can be said about many harems.

Will see when I get around to watch the OVAs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DNA² Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 1, 2014

5 by WaterSoullll »»
Nov 26, 2023 9:08 AM

Poll: » DNA² Episode 5 Discussion

Shocked - Dec 12, 2013

6 by Leemak »»
Aug 16, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » DNA² Episode 4 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 1, 2014

4 by Leemak »»
Aug 16, 2023 12:04 AM

Poll: » DNA² Episode 3 Discussion

removed-user - May 9, 2013

7 by Leemak »»
Aug 15, 2023 11:44 PM

» Any SimGirls fans in the house?

BuubaTooba - Mar 3, 2023

1 by Osumare »»
Jul 19, 2023 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.