Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 3, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2013
JRWest said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
To those who complained about Alka's lack of personality, were you guys even watching the show properly? she is NOT supposed to have personality!!!!

Your arguements are so dumb. Watching the show properly? What the !@#$ does that mean? Should I put on 3D glasses?

jiraiya_sensei said:
incoherent ramlbings not worth quoting

You really need to stop trying so hard here. You really want everyone to believe they are missing some deep meaning in this show. No. Big tits and violence. That's what this is. If you think this show has some amazing story arc planned out where the characters change and grow, your kidding yourself. Stop acting like a pathetic pseudo intellectual.

Why can't people learn to state their opinions without being rude to those who have different views than them ? No need to start throwing insults around for no reason and that goes for both of you guys... ( Yeah i'm looking at you Jiraya-sensei è_é ).

As for the anime and this episode in particular, it felt extremely underwhelming to watch, people reacting in strange ways, seemingly not caring about the death of the soldiers on one side ( who are, need i remind you, also human beings ) and the dude responsible for their death pretending to care for justice on the other... Once again, the moralistic logic in this anime makes no sense, adding in bland and annoying characters who behave in stupid or at least incoherent manners and then get killed right after makes them utterly forgettable to say the least...

On another note i feel like the anime is starting to build Alka's (hopefully) future character development through these seemingly random episodes, making her conscious of her own inhumanity ( emotionless ) in ep3, reminding her of her masters teachings ( a sword is not just for killing ) in ep4 and enforcing it in ep5 in order to "teach" her to make her own decisions rather than being a ninja-bot with huge tits.

jiraiya_sensei said:

I don't get the hate for Alka. In one side you have a bunch of incompetent assassins who don't act like assassins in Akuma no Riddle and they barely got any hate. Then there's this girl who actually ACTS like an assassin (cold-blooded, efficient, devoid of any useless emotion), who also kills like how an assassin should (swift one-hit kill attack instead of convoluted plans like AnR's assassins) yet she can't get any slack.

I tend to agree with you, although i haven't seen AnR's ( and your portrayal certainly doesn't encourage me to watch it :p ), Alka behaves very closely to what an assassin "should" be imo.
DarkbentoMay 3, 2014 1:56 AM
I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don’t hesitate to call.
May 3, 2014 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
This was an ok episode.

May 3, 2014 4:56 AM
Feb 2013
Ok, did I just watch some kind of shitty soap opera?
May 3, 2014 5:06 AM

Aug 2013
The guy in this episode was both crazy and annoying. Also generic Alka in this episode.

Was meh.
My Candies:
May 3, 2014 7:29 AM

Jun 2012
Most aggravated guy 2014. And over some flowers to boot.

A true work of art
May 3, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
am i missing something or was it never explained why holy spirits are "bad"
May 4, 2014 6:39 AM

Oct 2009
Uh that was weird....also that art. Guess Gonzo is blowing the budget on them flowers.

SlowCast said:
I think the episode is expressing further of the greedy and selfish nature of the people shown in here. Survival is worth more than what one righteous person would believe to be priceless; namely honor, dignity, or conscience.
The man introduced in this episode couldn't stand the reality of this world. He was straightforward and honest until he suddenly gave in to insanity, and at that instant he gave me the impression that he is no better than the people living within the village, or the people who are in control.

Hmm pretty interesting take on this, thing is the show is so horribly written and directed that none of these are shown to us properly.
May 4, 2014 8:08 AM

Oct 2013
Worst episode in any anime ever.
And i was thinking the series is getting better too.
May 4, 2014 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
that was the worst anime episode ive ever seen.
May 4, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
macehaed said:

You didn't see Wizard Barristers episode 11 then...

Man I thought I was getting better at this! I could have sworn that the girl was going to be the sole survivor of another huge massacre in which everyone in town as well as Alka's employer dies.
May 4, 2014 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
Nikorin said:
wtf did I just watch?

1. It started really strange - I thought that I missed episode or two for a moment...
2. This guy was annoying
3. Alka was even more annoying... CAN'T SHE NORMALLY TALK GEEEZ PLEASE TALK A LITTLE.. JUST A LITTLE...OR I WILL KILL YOU!
4. This girl was so stupid that I don't even know what to say...
5. Hozuki is worse than Team Rocket from Pokemon... I mean Alka=Pikachu here ;___;
6. This blonde girl is bad or good? I'm too confused now.

To drop or not to drop - that is the question.

You know I said I'd drop this shit last week, but I gave it another chance and I hate it more now. Alka is a walking piece of cardboard that kills people while you show gives you terrible philosophy lessons
May 4, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2012
yet another victim of obsession of JUSTICE
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
May 4, 2014 4:06 PM

Apr 2013
PaleBlue said:
macehaed said:

Man I thought I was getting better at this! I could have sworn that the girl was going to be the sole survivor of another huge massacre in which everyone in town as well as Alka's employer dies.

no i dont know wizard barristers. Is it fun to watch? or is it that bad that no one shoul ever watch it?
May 4, 2014 10:20 PM

Dec 2012
Spike_Terra said:
Nikorin said:
wtf did I just watch?

1. It started really strange - I thought that I missed episode or two for a moment...
2. This guy was annoying
3. Alka was even more annoying... CAN'T SHE NORMALLY TALK GEEEZ PLEASE TALK A LITTLE.. JUST A LITTLE...OR I WILL KILL YOU!
4. This girl was so stupid that I don't even know what to say...
5. Hozuki is worse than Team Rocket from Pokemon... I mean Alka=Pikachu here ;___;
6. This blonde girl is bad or good? I'm too confused now.

To drop or not to drop - that is the question.

You know I said I'd drop this shit last week, but I gave it another chance and I hate it more now. Alka is a walking piece of cardboard that kills people while you show gives you terrible philosophy lessons

This episode was so incredibly bad that I'm actually impressed. I'm pretty sure most or all of the reasons I thought it was bad have already been mentioned in this thread, so I'm not going to go into any detail.

I'm not going to drop it though. Once you start getting into this level of badness there's a very high chance of entertaining trainwreck. All aboard!

macehaed said:
PaleBlue said:
macehaed said:

no i dont know wizard barristers. Is it fun to watch? or is it that bad that no one shoul ever watch it?

I wouldn't really recommend wizard barristers to anybody. Episode 11 had incredibly terrible animation to the point where I actually thought there was an issue with the video, but most of the show isn't a complete failure on a technical level. If you really want to know whether you'll like it or not you should just watch it yourself. I mean, if you think it sucks you can just stop watching.
May 4, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2013
CodeZwei said:
am i missing something or was it never explained why holy spirits are "bad"

Not really. As far as we have seen its made into a powerenhancing drug, which is used by the goverment(?) to stay in charge. I thought they pressed villages into producing it, but it looks like its more like they prosper when they grow it. But maybe its just like in RL (opium) and there is not enough foodproduction in the land.

The guy came across as really weak to me and his cause was just bleh. All in all the motives of the villagers were understandable, the flowers filled their stomachs. But some things were off like other stated, e.g. no fear after the soldiers died.
May 5, 2014 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Psh. if Aruka was in Akuma no riddle, she would have killed the girl within 30 seconds of episode 1, in front of the class, while the blue haired chick stares at her dumbstruck. And her wish would be revenge.

Also, that screaming guy. Is that Eren Yeager I hear? Or am I hearing things?
May 6, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2009
yaminogame91 said:

Also, that screaming guy. Is that Eren Yeager I hear? Or am I hearing things?
THEY MUST ALL DIE, DIEEEE.
*ahem*

This episode to all the other ones before was really bad. I actually thought B&S was gonna be better than this (it's atleast still better than some other, certain shows this season) but this episode was just so bad that I don't have any words for it. Really hope the next ep about Jin Varrel is gonna be better.
May 6, 2014 3:46 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly, what the hell just happened?

I don't get this anime at all. There is no good, evil or goals. Just people killing each other at the flip of a coin. I suppose I should be enjoying something like this, but even the killing is on a mediocre level.

I feel a tiny bit of sympathy with the psycho justice guy, mostly because he's dynamic, has a goal, and what he's saying is technically "right", although skewed to an unbelievably wrong degree. There rest of the characters are just "there" - the big-boobed bitch, the fatass mayor, and the stupidass bitch who died to save the fatass.

Shouldn't Alka be getting revenge on the empire and their stock of these flowers? What is she doing?
HowTragicMay 6, 2014 3:51 PM
May 7, 2014 6:06 AM

Jan 2011
Another episode where Alka meets some randoms who die.
May 7, 2014 12:11 PM

May 2009
Really? Nobody said that this episode was horrible in terms of animation, animators also used low resolution... And the story is even worse every next episode...
May 7, 2014 6:04 PM

Feb 2013
maybe its filler ?? because i doesn't make sense at all because how she end up with that psycho ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 2:06 PM

May 2013
Too fast paced tbh.
May 8, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
What is going on shouldn't episode 6 be out now?
IZEROII said:
If you legitimately enjoyed this as a series then I honestly believe you need to reevaluate your definition of entertainment because watching tin foil blow in the wind probably is a way you kill time.

SolviteSekai said:
Lol wish fulfillment. It's always been my wish to be a greasy lolicon with a mullet who plays Civ all day every day.

He got me.
May 8, 2014 8:52 PM
Apr 2014
The problem with the show is that they're following the computer game's concept of making the main character a blank canvas. Sort of like Neo in the Matrix, but even Keanu Reeves had more personality that Alka. Jesus freaking Christ.
May 9, 2014 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
Okay even I have to admit that was bad. There was no reason behind anyone's actions, just shallow stereotypes clashing for no reason.

If we had some reasoning behind everyone's actions I would have liked the episode far more, but all we got were some shallow stereotypes clashing.
May 9, 2014 8:47 AM

Jun 2007
Has to be one of the worst anime episodes I've watched. Any art not a facial close-up looked horrendous and, my God, that JUSTICE guy's screaming was painful and went on forever. What was even the point of the episode? A hostess has a village make drug-flowers, an old man has a whore and nobody is EVIL because the world is grey? It was as if Gonzo were trying to go for this really deep no good-bad episode... and totally cocked it up.
May 9, 2014 9:43 AM
Jan 2013
OOOOOH Shit, another twist, just as I thought that Jin is the head of the Palam Empire, turns out that there is another faction called the flower monks. Frankly I can't tell who were the Palam and who were the Flowers

Too bad for the three musketeers, they just got sliced and diced by Jin, oh nice yuri moment with Jin and her bitch assistant.
May 10, 2014 5:20 PM

Feb 2013
Done. Dropped.

Leave it to Gonzo to make crap. This could have been a decent action anime... oh well.

Glad that guy died by the end though. Pointless episode.
May 13, 2014 5:45 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Episode of transition, for all practical purposes they do not need to develop the plot and will give a better characterization of the characters, including Alka. No, maybe a little more you can find out about Karen, who for now remains a mystery.
Alka is a real piece of ice, but what I like, I never could stand those protagonists turncoats, who for no reason have a sudden change in attitudes, this continuity of Alka I like. Drawing a tad mediocre, animations on the same floor.
In a sense, we could read this episode as an example of pure hypocrisy that emerges from the male character, who seems to be so busy in proving to be in the right, but not the end of it then shows in his actions and in his way of talk; it was really annoying when shouting.
I hope the next installment is more substantial.
May 13, 2014 11:22 PM

Aug 2013
Honestly I have no idea what's happening right now. Did they really have to devote an entire episode so we can hear that annoying guy scream about how those blue flowers aren't right? All I got from this episode was Karen's really influential, owns a village that produces those hallucinogenic flowers, Alka's still like the walking dead and what's right and just is subjective. Could have been done in 10-15 minutes yes? *shrugs*

Maybe I'm just turning into an unappreciative viewer :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 20, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2011
The guy who hired Alka was a complete piece of shit who I wanted dead within the first 5 minutes ... unfortunately he lasted way, way too long with his shrieking about what was 'good and just'. Then he finally snapped and Karen officially became my favorite character by finally putting an end to him. I thought for sure that Alka was going to be the one to end Mr Douchebag, but she just stood there not saying anything (which is kinda her M.O. for this series).

We're 5 episodes in and everything Alka's said could fit on a single page. The side characters (Karen and the bounty hunter) have had more character development than our main heroine. And what is she doing farting around accepting bodyguard jobs, anyway? Isn't she supposed to be getting revenge?

This show ... not really so good, you know?
Jun 9, 2014 9:16 PM

Jan 2012
Well, that was an pointless, boring and lame episode... was asking god to end already, after I realized how nonsense it was...
Jun 14, 2014 8:16 PM
Jul 2011
Haha wow. This is one of the worst episodes of anything I've ever seen in a while.
I wonder if this episode was some NPC story from the MMO game it's based off because I can't any real reason this episode was greenlighted in its current state.
Jul 3, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2014
main plot is slipping and completely unclear now. Is Karen an antagonist now for growing the evil flowers? Whats the point of this show?
Sep 6, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2008
Disappointed by this episode. Animation and artwork when completely to hell and after the last episode where it seemed we were finally getting more character built-up this one was quite bland. Sure we got a few small moments like how she looked her hand and in the end didn't just do her job but still.
Also this guy was such an unknown along with the whole village that we hardly cared enough.
Worst episode until now really.

Also lol how two powerful women didn't even care enough to stop him when he attack with he knife.

tingy said:
ResidentANM said:
This was a strange episode.
I feel like almost nothing got resolved.

Yeah, not really sure what was the point of the episode either :/

I guess it was kind of trying to shows that right and wrong ain't that simple and there is grey and that people and their needs isn't just about the right thing. Something like that although i haven't put it very well.
Unfortunately the whole thing went to hell because of low budget and miserable characters.
Nov 29, 2014 4:21 PM

May 2012
This was okay I guess... too much pointless deaths.
Jan 22, 2015 7:14 PM
Jan 2015
First episode where a woman dies. I thought I wouldn't see a single one die in this whole anime. But the men are unlucky though, it's like every single male character will die within the episode they are introduced in. Lol
Jan 26, 2016 10:18 PM

Mar 2012
This could have been the one and only episode without Hazuki, yet she had to be incorporated into it because? Because. Two less than 10 second scenes, I forgot though, Gonzo always did pointless shit in most of their adaptions.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 24, 2016 6:42 AM

Mar 2016
J053PH said:
God, that guy was so fucking annoying, I was so glad when he got stabbed.

Yep. Back to back episodes where I was happy when the character introduced during the episode, later got killed in that same episode. This series leaves me with weird feelings of anger and amusement, lol.
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
May 27, 2016 7:29 AM
Dec 2015
it's almost eerie how realistic this episode is but I'm even more interested in Karen than I already was.
Can't lose if you don't play
Jul 13, 2016 6:18 PM

Aug 2015
Karen is getting more interesting. Kind of slow anime but thats okay for now I guess
Jul 21, 2021 6:50 AM

Feb 2020
LMAO. That guy had to be the most angry anime character ever. xD That constant screaming was so fun to listen to. xD

Still a little weird episode. I agree with everyone here.

RIP Malna. :( She didn't deserve to die. She was a kindhearted woman.

SerafosNov 19, 2023 1:28 AM
Dec 18, 2023 6:45 AM
Oct 2023
There wasn't much to like this episode, although the middle was solid. For the first time the episode felt more like a stand alone filler then it did a plot advancing addition. All characters were weak. Whether the plot of this episode was for one episode or was to play a role in the overall plot, it was a weak episode plot. You could see the ending coming a mile away. Just not well orchestrated at all. My rating through five episodes is 7.2/10. In just two episodes, my rating has dropped 1.4. Blade & Soul is heading in the wrong direction.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

96 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

67 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

49 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

72 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.