Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 27, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my, it was intense. Kaio's a school of monsters. I love so much China, so sad he lost... Yurie, Kaio's Coach's daughter, actually isn't pretty at all, SHE'S CREEPY AS HELL.
Dec 31, 2014 12:54 PM

Aug 2014
That match was intense. I like the way they expressed his immense speed with a dragon attacking Kong. I thought the way Peco lost was kind of cheap but interesting that his rival beat him after training hard.

Jan 11, 2015 8:21 AM

Aug 2014
Damn Peco lost brutally :o. Also kinda sad Wenge lost, I didn't really like him but he deserved to get back home. Good episode.
Feb 20, 2015 6:44 AM

Jan 2014
The character development and the depth of the characters never cease to amaze me. It's great seeing what a show can do with four episodes.

Fantastic portrayal of Kazama's match as well. The style is really something else.
Feb 22, 2015 6:50 AM

Oct 2013
"He has a life, how dare he."
My favorite quote.
Mar 21, 2015 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
Dam Kazama is OP.
Apr 25, 2015 6:49 AM

Jan 2012
PECO loosed too,what a weak team.

Jun 23, 2015 2:14 AM

Dec 2013
Wow Peco and Wenge both got wrecked! Didn't expect Wenge to lose. Dat dragon looked pretty beastly. Kaiou are pretty ridiculous
Jun 24, 2015 1:14 PM

Feb 2012
I really do hope Wenge losing after Smile threw a game for him teaches Smile a lesson.
Jul 14, 2015 2:01 AM

Mar 2010
Man, I felt bad for Wenge, my favourite character so far.
Great show, I'm glad to see series like that are still being made.

That's some signature, eh?
Nov 6, 2015 7:56 AM

Aug 2014
Great Episode , loved the matches
Feb 22, 2016 6:55 AM
Sep 2009
Glad to see the animation finally paying off. Hard to see how they could do such intense ("acid trip") animation during Kazawa's match with conventional anime animation.

Series does a good job of foreshadowing and introducing characters subtly as incidental characters, who turn out to be important.

I forgot -- Why wasn't Wenge recruited by the Kaio academy?
Mar 23, 2016 3:48 AM

Apr 2015
That was fantastic. Kazama is OP as hell, defeating Kong like that. I'm lo
king forward to whether or not Smile will accept the invitation.

Kaio seems like an amazing school to be able to give students those benefits.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Mar 28, 2016 2:15 AM

Dec 2012
Wow Kaio swept that tourney

Can't believe that Kong lost.
Apr 3, 2016 12:15 AM

Feb 2016
I'm probably way off but am I the only one that suspects that the "monster" is doing drugs.

1) He always takes a long time in the toilet before a match.

2) His muscles are obscenely large, yes I know that he has access to heavy weight equipment, but it could be a subtle hint.

3) His reflexes and speed are out of this world as the other guy mentioned. The fastest a human can react is 0.1 seconds, no doubt training can get you as close as possble but what about drugs?

4) Despite being a high school student, he is frequently mentioned as looking way older than he should be...
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Apr 24, 2016 12:27 PM

Oct 2015
Wow talk about what drugs can do
Jun 22, 2016 12:17 AM

Feb 2015
dirtyuncle said:
Now I'm really annoyed that Smile lost to Wenge, because it was completely pointless. Wenge lost to Ryuuichi and didn't get into Inter-High anyway! I wouldn't be so frustrated if Wenge won, because that would mean that Tsukimoto's sacrifice at least meant something.

it just proves that those who deserve to lose really should lose. smile didn't do him a favor in the end.

Durbikins said:
An overall killer episode. It's managing to be consistent to the style of the manga while still allowing Yuasa to give it his own flare. He is even giving his own spin onto the symbolism found in the manga.

i see it! thanks for that.

migohunter said:
bigzzcobzz said:
Hearing them talking in mandarim is fucking annoying...

Why? They are chinese voice actors.

you think he's deaf? that's like saying "I don't like sweaty people" and then someone speaks the freakin' obvious and says "Why? They've been running all day."

i'm sure he knows that. he just doesn't LIKE it.
--------
everyone is crying for wenge but what about peco? you can argue that "Well, Peco was proud!" but so was wenge, soo.....

speaking of peco, his match was almost too terrible to watch. i literally had to force myself to see him tired out over and over, the scene was killing me.

felt really bad for him at the end and wondered why smile wasn't there, but i guess he assumed he needed his alone time, which, is this is true, is fine and i'll let it pass. i really like their relationship, i hope it isn't broken up from jealously, like the harry-ron duo, which was stupid sibce ron's logic was more than retarded.
Jul 12, 2016 2:12 AM

Jan 2015
Started the series today and it's off to a pretty damn good start!
May 4, 2017 10:01 PM

May 2016
Smile threw the game for Kong and he lost against the Dragon anyway. He felt like he was freed and didn't take it as bad as I expected. Those matches were intense af!

Gosh, Kaiou is overpowered. The final 4 being from that school and facilities as elite as that, with the only cost is being bald and ruthless. Wow.

Peco got a second sting from the humblebee. He should stop relying on just his talent. Yurie is one cute cousin~

Jul 29, 2017 12:12 AM

Dec 2016
Another amazing episode! The match between China and the Monster was badass! I hope we continue to follow China and see what happens to him and his life
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 8, 2017 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
The matches were great. Akuma completely exhausted Peco, and Kazama is revealed to be a lightning bruiser (for lack of a better word, since I don't know anything about ping pong). What could he possibly be doing in the can? Did Kong lose because of his mental hangups, or was there really no way for him to win?

The visuals in Kazama vs Kong filled me with glee. Also, a nice moment with Kong and his coach towards the end; it's nice to see that the coach can simply be a supportive friend when it comes down to it.
LeeTailorOct 8, 2017 10:07 AM
Oct 17, 2017 9:01 AM

Apr 2015
So China recognizes that Smile threw the match for him...

Peco's got a real problem with being a sore loser. As the episode title says, "The Only Way to Avoid Losing is Not Fighting."

Annnd China got destroyed by another Japanese player! The difference is that this one wasn't willing to hold back on him.

The other school sounds amazing...for someone who actually gives a serious shit about ping pong. Smile really doesn't. His problem seems to be that he doesn't know what he wants to do/what he feels any passion for.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 30, 2017 5:38 PM

May 2014
That was an intense episode. I loved the effect they used to show Kazama's superior skills. That dragon was quite cool and awesome.

I thought it was nice that Smile didn't join the other's team. He really doesn't fit. Their way of thinking is totally different. He have the talent, but maybe he hasn't the goal to be at the top. And for those who were surprised that Smile lost against the Chinese dude, at least for me it weren't surprising. I think it was quite obvious that he lost on purpose. I more interested in the reason for that. What's the purpose behind loosing the match.

Overall, great ep. I loved to see Kazama's superior power. He kicked that arrogant Chinese dude's ass. I think he deserved it since he thought he were the best everywhere.
May 10, 2019 5:26 PM

Aug 2012
I love the music! ping pong already has a cadence to it and they used it well :)
Oct 20, 2019 11:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I agree, OST was so great during this episode.
They're all bald in Kaiô haha, it's really a school made for ping pong it's interesting.
Mar 4, 2020 9:18 PM

Jul 2017
Bruh, Kaio are fucking hardcore! No wonder they're that strong. Literal machines always in top condition and at the top of their game with all the bonuses they have. Goddamn! lol

Mar 10, 2020 10:49 AM

May 2018
holy shit Kaio academy is decked
Apr 2, 2020 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
yo i wanna go to that high school that is insane
dragon reminded me of a titan xD
this anime is pretty amazing
Apr 21, 2020 11:46 AM

Apr 2016
Man Peco really does suck lol

Cool imagery during Kazuma's matches.
Sep 4, 2020 6:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats some anticlimactic way to end their tournament. But, somehow, yeah, its understandable. Peco should be lost to learn his reckless. He never got a proper development after his obvious defeat against the chinese . Honestly, i just wanted his progression after this episode. Lets see....

In the other side of their match, Kazama versus the chinese man ended unexpectedly. So, Smile intentional lost ended in vain because Kazama just too strong for that arrogant chinese. In the end, yeah, some flashback gave him more pity and, i hope he changed when everything got back to normal again. Obviously. They were all would meet again.

On the other fact, Kaiou academy really trying hard to recruit our Smile. But, surely he reject that shit without any chance. So let see how much the twist after that tournament arcs. Honestly, its too fast. But, oh, well, this just 11 only season. How could i forget the main reason? The duration, always became a solid blame. Well, i can't denied myself. So, once again, the next one shall be good than that.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 12, 2021 5:40 AM

May 2020
Freaking awesome fights, the dragon scene was awesome
Jan 28, 2021 5:44 AM

Jul 2020
The OST gets me pumped up big time.
Dec 17, 2021 5:29 AM

Dec 2021
Another great episode, China defeat completely caught me off guard and loved the dialogue with the coach at the end, but there's something i'm starting to notice in every Yuasa work: is our boy afraid we will not follow him for more than 11 episodes? Come on why making such short series and then fast-pacing so much? It's the only thing that bothered me in Devilman: Crybaby as well, and here it seems it's going similarly,at least from this episode. Just hope he'll take his time from here on
Feb 24, 2022 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
Kazama is a monster, damn! I feel bad for Wenge. Seems like his main motivation for the sport was to help support his family, living in a rural area. What's the deal with Makoto anyway? All that talent and he's throwing matches on purpose, stubborn!

Animation is fluid and the soundtrack is superb. Really liking this anime!
Mar 21, 2022 12:26 PM
Nov 2020
Kazama vs Smile would be something i wanna see
Mar 22, 2022 3:32 AM

Dec 2021
another amazing episode. that conversation with wenge and his coach near the end really hit me. nice to see that the character progression isn't limited to just one character per episode. definitely gonna be on my favorites list if it keeps it up
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Mar 29, 2022 10:30 AM
Aug 2021
After that gruelling defeat, Peco will learn to cut down on his over confidence. Chances of Wenge winning against Kazama was slim, but it hurts to see him lose. It also means that Smile lost that match for nothing. Wonder what Smile thinks of this.
Aug 23, 2022 11:51 PM

Jun 2020
Very good episode. Loved the tension. Kazama's Ping Pong dojo has great facilities, though I figure Smile would end up disagreeing to it for some weirdly logical reason. Well, very good episode. I would give this episode a 9 but I found the overall "do you know how much I've wanted to beat you" thing pretty generic. Other than that, great episode.

Jan 12, 2023 4:38 AM

Oct 2018
Ok, this ep went crazy with the match. Depicting the situation with this type of imagery is nuts.

Kong losing is sad he was my favorite character.
Mar 14, 2023 3:01 AM

Dec 2020
Damn Kazama is a monster lol. Loved the dragon imagery during his match vs Kong.

I wanna see Kazama vs Smile

Aug 1, 2023 1:28 AM
Oct 2019
There is a difference between stylized and stupid
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

396 by EngelsGreyrat »»
Apr 20, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

164 by EngelsGreyrat »»
Apr 20, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

voidbreaker - Dec 7, 2015

7 by peterross »»
Mar 15, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

160 by Chfenj_ »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

133 by Chfenj_ »»
Sep 20, 2023 9:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.