Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2014 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty good episode.

Shiro won't allow Sora to become a king because she don't want him to make a harem.

Lol at the scene where Shiro and Sora card game with each other.
Apr 30, 2014 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
tsudecimo said:
parfaited said:
mostly average

you and your questionable taste </3

Actually that's probably the truest quote in the whole thread at least to me. It doesn't go into much detail, but that's kind of how I would describe it. It's not irredeemably awful, but aside from production values I just see nothing about it that stands out. If it wasn't airing on Wednesday when there's almost nothing else to watch I'd probably have dropped it already, but it's just barely interesting and colorful enough and airs earlier in the weeks that I can throw it on in the background and watch it on Wednesday's right when it comes out. I just wish there was more I could take away from it at the end of the day.

I wonder when will you finally let go of the obsessiveness regarding stuff that you don't like or think aren't as good as the majority perceives them to be. Considering that you didn't reply to those who replied to your initial post, I think you are not in it for genuine discussion or to enjoy this anime. Just to be vocal about your not so popular opinion. Not every popular or hyped anime needs attacking. It's okay to let go..it really is.

You shouldn't care this much, or be highly opinionated like this, relax. For the record I was just joking with parfaited.
Apr 30, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2008
Crazy chess match was crazy but really the 'objections' and speech were brilliant!!! XD
Apr 30, 2014 1:44 PM
Feb 2009
yess that speech about being weak so epic lol
Apr 30, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2008
NP-3228 said:

geniuses that know 16 languaged

Shiro knows 16 languages. Sora only knows 6.

NP-3228 said:

As the story continues into the warbeast arc their vices should make itself more clear as long as the anime doesn't butcher it.

1 - (for the picking of the nits) It's werebeast (like werewolf)
2 - Yes... so long as they don't butcher it...

*RIP Director!*
Apr 30, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2014
Their gadgets and phones should've ran out of batteries a few episodes ago right?

But still great episode especially that speech and confrontation with Tet.
Apr 30, 2014 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
Coopsloxx said:
Their gadgets and phones should've ran out of batteries a few episodes ago right?

But still great episode especially that speech and confrontation with Tet.

They said they have solar charger with them. I think they said that in Episode 2. :)
Apr 30, 2014 1:55 PM

Oct 2009
Lol loved this ep.
Seeing Scene go from kinda serious to awkward wtf when Kurumi started crying was funny.
Speech was brilliant.
My fave though was Tet talking with sora and Shiro.
"I won't let you quit while you're ahead!" Has to be the most epic reason for God to bring you to his world.
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Apr 30, 2014 2:05 PM

May 2012
FUDGE. Why. Why. Why?! I thought this would be so sissy and overrated like SAO but NO. I actually like LOVE it! It's only the 4th episode but it's soooooo awesome... SORA'S JUST SO COOL. This is so unique... OMG. WHY. WHY 12 EPISODES ONLY?! WHYYYYYY
Apr 30, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2013
Lets see here... Another brilliant episode, really loving this anime.

It's ranked in my top three for the season, loving the wit and games. This series also has the best loli of the season, Enju just doesn't quite measure up to Shiro.

Can't wait to get into the next game!

Loved the Objections, couldn't stop laughing, especially the harem line. Shiro can't stand the idea of her brother having other women because he won't need her anymore. It was adorable.

Tet once again tries to steal the show, loving his interaction with Blank.

I didn't find the speech as top-notch as everyone else, it felt kind of cheesy and was massively redundant. But, after talking in circles and insulting all of humanity, he managed to rile them up and get them ready to declare war. Can't wait to see the games Blank will have to win during the war.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 30, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
I love Shiro and Sora together. They're always holding hands, it's so cute. I don't like Stephanie Dola. Even the name. Get away from my Sora!

next episodeee
huehue
Apr 30, 2014 2:37 PM
Oct 2012
Patureau said:
4 episodes amd not for 1 minute it failed to be great...

I just really hope they dont make a anime original ending... leave room for a second season please, even if take several years to be made.

I'm usually not so against orginal anime endings, specially when the orginal source is not completely done, but this time something tells me the magic is all in the LN's... might be wrong though

you're not wrong, you're not wrong at all! in fact, the author for the LN is actually helping make this anime, so it definitely won't go too far astray from the LN!! XDXD
Apr 30, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
That was a bit underwhelming compared to the last episode, but it was still enjoyable. I did not like the way Clammy lost the game, however (as in, assassinated by a non-combatant), that felt like bullshit.

>Using Civ as a reference to rule the kingdom
Oh I know I'd do that.
Apr 30, 2014 2:47 PM
Oct 2012
loved this episode!
i loved the: the game
the speech
the comedy
the protagonists
especially the speech ad why Tet decided to bring shiro and sora!!
surely, THESE TWO ARE THE BEST FEMALE+MALE PROTAGONIST PAIRINGS I HAVE EVER CAM ACROSS!!
i normally avoid female+male pairs of protagonists, but these 2 are just amazing and i love both of these badass soon-to-be-god (=v=) siblings very much!!

i'm glad i'm not irritated by either of the protagonists!!
Apr 30, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2008
Anyone can tell me how did the king die through assassination? I don't quite get that part.

Who assassinated the king?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 30, 2014 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
This anme right here is the highlight of my Wednesday every week.. Another epic amazing episode really loving this series right now. Definitely one of my favorites of spring 2014
To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.
Apr 30, 2014 2:52 PM

Nov 2012
Best episode so far,and a game changing one at that,suddenly my expectations for this are through the roof (no longer will this be just another average anime from this season).

Great/Very Inspirational speech.

Declared war against the world.False pretext to buy time while the other countries look for the suspected party/race that (supposedly) help Imanity.

Beat the 16 other races and face Tet for his title of God.

Now hoping they don't ruin this with an anime original ending and go with an ending that leave the option of a second season possible.
Apr 30, 2014 2:53 PM

Apr 2009
DenjaX said:

Horrible writing.

Still 2/10, when will this pick up?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 30, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
Well, from now on my signature isn't a spoiler anymore! And this wraps up the first volume - it only gets better from here, kind of.

Tet/10!
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Apr 30, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2010
I will just say that is enjoyable nonetheless. I'm looking forward to see some more mind-games.
Apr 30, 2014 3:01 PM

Mar 2012
This is the dumbest thing I've seen for something trying to be clever.
Apr 30, 2014 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
I'm seriously surprised there are so few "incest!" cries on these forums so far.
Apr 30, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
Delicious tears, but the way Kurumi just started bawling was awesome.

Now that was an epic speech.

Looks like he plans to get the angels on his side ;)

I can't wait to see what happens next :D
Apr 30, 2014 3:07 PM
Aug 2011
I can see that onii-chan and imouto are always going to succeed in whatever they do (in the game world at least- because lets not forget that he's just a virgin shut-in irl herp derp) and that's where the interest ends for me.
The references in the last couple of episodes were fun though, we need more of those.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ZelotMay 5, 2014 8:26 AM
Apr 30, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode.

Great speech, and all these "objections!" :D

I cant wait for the next episode and game against Tet.
My top 5 anime spring so far.
Apr 30, 2014 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
Sury said:
I'm seriously surprised there are so few "incest!" cries on these forums so far.

That's because they are the best brother sister duo in recent memory. Plus there are no ''incest'' hints, which is great and refreshing.

parfaited said:
tsudecimo said:
you and your questionable taste </3

It's okay because I know that one day your soul will be cleansed and you will eventually see my flawless light.

Yeah. One of these days, hopefully.
Apr 30, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2009
1. Sora's speech was actually quite moving

2. The ost with god & sora was very enchanting & out of this world

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 30, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2013
This episode alone made this anime more interesting. A new myth? Even you can challenge and possibly beat god? That's a lesson I never hear everyday.
Apr 30, 2014 3:31 PM

Sep 2013
I could marathon this shit in one day. I'd eat it up like candy. So far I'm liking it more than the LN.
Apr 30, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
Kurami shown just how badass Blank is.
She ends up in tears..
Liked the end bit with Tet.

Inspirational and legendary speech :D
Can't wait for more.
Apr 30, 2014 3:38 PM
Mar 2014
good episode and lol at the bitch that was crying and sora turns me on
Apr 30, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
Amazing finish to that unique chess game~! x3
OH! More Phoenix Wright references? xD
So, Sora and Shiro decided on who to become Queen and King huh? And they ended up playing for so long against each other....and each one won the same amount of games! xD I love this Bro+Sis pair so far....these guys are awesome~! x3

Sora acting all cool and stuff, as usual~! xD So, there new goal is to not only conquer the world, but also to beat God himself in a game! So can't wait~! x3
Apr 30, 2014 3:49 PM
Feb 2011
DenjaX said:
Anyone can tell me how did the king die through assassination? I don't quite get that part.

Here should all be explained

Apr 30, 2014 3:50 PM

Mar 2014
Wing of angel... tail of the fox... hm...

Speech is good. Nice work to deal with spies\duties.

Too bad there was no any new "big game".

Love it.
Apr 30, 2014 3:57 PM

Mar 2014
Pretty great so far. I hope Tet won't introduce another human genius from another world like he/she did with Sora and Shiro. Just kidding, I actually kind of want to see them struggle then finally win at the end.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
Apr 30, 2014 4:07 PM
Apr 2014
This episode showed what this anime is all about! The comedy, Shiro and Sora still playing cards after some 400+ games. The fear many of us otaku feel when we are in different situations. The gamer side that has the hero in the game saying something epic to lift everyone's spirit to reach a high goal. I truly am LOVING every single second of every single episode. Long live Blank!
Apr 30, 2014 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
Definitely a much stronger episode. The speech was pretty well done. I can only ask that it gets better from here as with a declaration of war against everyone, this is just asking for plenty of trouble!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 30, 2014 4:27 PM

May 2013
Based on what the LN says, the King was killed by someone who wasn't in battle, a close friend (like Julius Caesar). Although it's hard to see how this makes sense in the messed up chess game, but I guess overall it was just trying to emulate war. I do hope that Blank faces a tough enemy soon, someone they really have to struggle with. Nice speech Sora (dat rhetoric). For the people wondering why there isn't a lot of criticisms, it's because this anime is fun. Many people don't watch anime to analyze it and think about it deeply (although I love it when an anime that makes me think comes along) and generally don't criticize it unless something really doesn't make sense or there is terrible pacing. They watch it for entertainment, which this show really good for. Call it a show that panders to otakus or a nerd powertrip but so what if it is?
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Apr 30, 2014 4:36 PM

Apr 2012
Im kinda concerned about the shows pacing tough. There are 15 nations left to conquer, and even if they get these angel like race as allies that is still 14 left to conquer. Not to mention the final game against Ted. Now the thing is if all games took 2 episodes like this one, then it would take another 30 episodes to finish the anime. But there are only like 8 ep left. So yeah there will be either a lot of skipping, OR the games will be rushed as hell, either way, I think this anime will have a hell of a pacing issue. Should have been a 36-40 ep anime or at the very least 2 cour. I just dont see how its going to fit into 12 episodes only, without getting shit or skipping a LOT, which is the same as getting shit most likely.
Apr 30, 2014 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty nice episode.

I really like the music in this show and the world.

Sora is a beast.
Apr 30, 2014 4:38 PM

Aug 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Nobody has any sort of criticism to offer over this episode? Okay I'll go then. It pretty much looks like this show really has exhausted it's premise already as is prone to happen with LN stories upon conclusion of their volume/arc. Just really nothing remarkable about this episode again and the main pair continues to be annoying and one note in personality and interaction with others. Can't buy how they're supposed to be loser HikkiNeets either when they pretty much succeed at everything they try to do be it speech making, policy, competing against others in games. It's just such a blatant power fantasy too and you even have Stephanie now reduced to a fan service cheerleader for the duo, not that she was ever a particularly great character in the first place, but that more or less ends her development as a character and really it just looks like everything in this show exists to enable the two MC's at the end of the day. Just gives it a feeling of utter pointlessness, like the show has been spinning it's heels in repeatedly pointing out how awesome [] is and how they never ever lose. It makes the brother sister duo from Mahouka look positively mortal and flawed by comparison.

I'd be able to forgive the show a little if it used all of this well and to good effect as comedy or had anything resembling a sense of irony, but the humor is primarily still of the reference and ecchi variety and it looks like it's playing it's premise entirely straight. Just kind of an unremarkable show outside of the production Madhouse is giving it which continues to be all that stands out about it to me. Way to many style over substance anime these days, but I suppose it's far from the worst example of that.
The fact that they went to another world makes the "loser NEET" part moot because the rules of the society from which they originate do not apply any more. The reason you don't see much criticism is because the things you don't like--from what I read, the "power fantasy" and the showcase of badassery in anything that doesn't involve direct violence--are precisely the things other people (including me) look forward to in this series. Not saying your criticism sucks, I'm just answering that first question.

I do agree that Stephanie sucks and had no (or has exhausted all) potential to be a great character. Just another damsel in distress that'll rely on the duo to solve everything.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 30, 2014 4:39 PM
Mar 2014
Her existence is very convenient for explaining everything to us viewers.
Apr 30, 2014 4:40 PM

Apr 2013
Decent episode I guess

Made me laugh a few times.

3/5
Apr 30, 2014 4:43 PM

Nov 2012
I always watch newly aired anime until episode 4 before I subject it to be dropped or to continue, I'm sure a lot of people do, this series simply placed itself on top of my weekly-must-watch list..

Declaring war to other nations on their coronation event such bad-asses, although it caters two OP protagonist, I will continue to watch this series.. Already hoping for more seasons to come..
Apr 30, 2014 4:43 PM

Sep 2013
Gotta love Sora's speeches, another great episode.

However
baki502 said:
Im kinda concerned about the shows pacing tough. There are 15 nations left to conquer, and even if they get these angel like race as allies that is still 14 left to conquer. Not to mention the final game against Ted. Now the thing is if all games took 2 episodes like this one, then it would take another 30 episodes to finish the anime. But there are only like 8 ep left. So yeah there will be either a lot of skipping, OR the games will be rushed as hell, either way, I think this anime will have a hell of a pacing issue. Should have been a 36-40 ep anime or at the very least 2 cour. I just dont see how its going to fit into 12 episodes only, without getting shit or skipping a LOT, which is the same as getting shit most likely.
Exactly what i was thinking..
Apr 30, 2014 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
baki502 said:
No they won't get that far because LN haven't finish yet. It will end at volume 3 at most and that's when
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 30, 2014 4:58 PM

Aug 2012
Well that's a damn shame. Do all LN adaptations start when the LNs are unfinished?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 30, 2014 5:01 PM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
Well that's a damn shame. Do all LN adaptations start when the LNs are unfinished?
It's the same case with manga. They adapt not yet finished work.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 30, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
#Speech was too good
Apr 30, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2011
Sora managed to win the heart of the queen and get her to come over to his side. His epic face wnen he said that he would win without fighting was really great.

Imanity (Humanity) is the weakest nation on Disboard (This board) LOL.

Sora can really pull some fierce looking faces that have successfully made Kurami burst into tears Q.Q

LOL at how Sora and Shiro played for 3 consecutive days to decide once and for all who is the best and who will be the king in name.

Sora and Shiro are really taking their jobs as rulers seriously, they're going to make Imanity one of the best nations, if not the best,

Sora can give some awesome speeches that could rival those of some historical figures.

If Blank defeats every other nation they gain the right to challenge God himself, I smell me some Sora and Shiro Gods around the corner XD .

I have only one concern, that Sora and Shiro will be so OP that they'll defeat everyone without too much of a struggle. I hope it won't come to that and that the rest of the nations will put up a good and even exploit their weakness (being apart).
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

55 by SafeEntity »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

525 by FarCritical »»
Apr 16, 3:12 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1018 by AnimatedAddict »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

475 by AnimatedAddict »»
Apr 16, 12:13 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 16, 11:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.